Follow

Deadpool

Character » Deadpool appears in 3332 issues.

Wade Wilson is a former test subject of the Weapon X program, where he received his regenerative healing factor through the scientific experiments conducted upon him. A prominent enemy, ally and later, member of X-Force. He's famous for breaking the Fourth Wall.

Thoughts On Deadpool

Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

Edited By Son_of_Magnus

There is no denying it Deadpool is a hot item in comics right now, he has multiple titles he has appearances in almost every Marvel book and a movie deal. His fans are multiplying like rabbits he is climbing to levels of Spider-Man and Wolverine for Marvel's market. But is all this attention well deserved? What makes him so special that he is becoming every fanboys wet dream? He has been around for over ten years but only in the past three has he really received any of the attention he is getting right now. I think we have Joey Q to thank for that. I really do not like Deadpool and see no place for him in the 616, he comes off as an annoying pest and has ludicrous events and happenings in his books. He breaks the fourth wall and takes nothing serious it ruins the 616 for other characters making it look like some big joke. When a big event is going on he comes in and you are like oh right this is just a comic why am I reading it? He takes the fun away from reading comics I use Comics to escape the real world and just pretend while reading those books that for the fifteen minutes I am reading it that somewhere that stuff is real and is happening. It is one of my few pleasures, so when this annoying wise cracking freak comes in and totally shatters that comfort for me I get really pissed off. He makes serious books like Avengers and Daredevil look like jokes and totally ruins that character.  If he had his own book in his own Universe to be silly like The Mask or The Tick I would not care I would probably like him, but when he is doing this stupid sh!t in 616 and taking away any seriousness from the story at all I really have no reason to keep reading it as a serious book. 

azmoday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By azmoday

I hear where your comming from, I like deadpool, but it seems lately he's been involved with alot of "goofy" stories and events.

I think deadpool is cool, but i do wish he could be involved with something alittle more serious or dark while still keeping his humor - i dunno, thats just me

It seems like whenver he encounters another marvel hero, they just seem to be like " oh great... deadpool" like they just know somehting stupid is going to happen
    basically i guess i wish he was a bit more serious character

Avatar image for abnormally_warm_guy
    Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 1

Once a new writer takes him over (here's hoping Benson or GOD WILLING Kelly) it will get a little more serious and darker. But Way is growing on me. The Bullseye arc was good and X-men was pretty great.

drawme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By drawme

I only recently started reading Deadpool because I was hooked up by ASM 611. I found so damn funny I had to start with Deadpool and I totally like him as a character (I love funny books with action in it).

Avatar image for crimsoncomedian
    CrimsonComedian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By CrimsonComedian

Why don't you stop moaning to us and moan to Marvel/Disney @_@.

But agreed, Way's growing on me and Benson too. Can't stop reading Suicide Kings...

Avatar image for the_crimson_nutcase
    The Crimson Nutcase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Im a a Deadpool fan so i might seem biased but I dont really think its Deadpool's fault like yeah he is known for his comedy/4th wall/an still having action in his comics...but I blame the writers...  
    I collect every current Deadpool comic right now, basically all of his other appearances in other comics so i know the difference...  
    Like Way can balance the humor an action well (i know a lot of ppl dont like Way though), but IMO he can. While i do admit in Ways comic im not a fan of all the extra voices as i get the vibe sometimes that Way is just using it as pointless dialogue...  
    But just from me reading Deadpools series, an then his appearances its simply the writers some writers make him overly goofy...
    Avatar image for ravaginghamster
    RavagingHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RavagingHamster

i think its for all the reasons you dislike him that he is becoming more popular. and while i myself am a fan (not big, but still a fan) i cant help but get teh sense that you and Wolverine have about the same feelings towards him lol

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

obvious
    Deadpool= cash cow
    like it or not.

Avatar image for emerald_lamp_2814
    emerald_lamp_2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#8  Edited By emerald_lamp_2814

it's getting out of hand because now marvel is coming out with 15 variant covers that feature deadpool but he has nothing to do with those comics you can see some of them here

Mutant X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Mutant X
    @emerald lamp 2814 said:
    " it's getting out of hand because now marvel is coming out with 15 variant covers that feature deadpool but he has nothing to do with those comics you can see some of them here "
    Exactly. Marvel is overusing him way too much, and it frustrates me a lot. I preferred it when he was less popular and didn't have 4 ongoings. I used to be a HUGE Deadpool fan before all this happened. Now he's just a comic character I follow. I'm thinking about dropping all the Deadpool titles but the regular series.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I the thing that pisses me off about Deadpool is not the overuse of the character (because he's still not all that popular,well known,or relevant to the Marvel Universe as a whole), but the fact that when any character gets around Deadpool they can't be themselves.Pretty much everything that happens in his appearences is a plot device and they actually try to insert this bullsh#t into serious storylines like Civil War,Secret Invasion,and Siege.I don't have a problem with jokes,or antics,or breaking the 4th wall.What pisses me off about the things that happen in his comics is that he's ALWAYS trying to be funny.Even when he's not,whatever he's doing is leading up to something the writer is expecting you to laugh at.It's lame.I almost don't want him to fight anyone in his comics because he makes good characters look like rookies when he's not really that skilled or powerful on any level.The whole "I can beat Taskmaster,because i'm unpredictable" thing is absolutely ridiculous.They don't even give him a chance.How is someone so unpredictable that you can't beat them with their arms tied behind their back and their feet tied together? I don't care how many minis they give him or how they whore him out..because as far as that goes it just proves could make ANY character popular.Deadpool was in danger of losing his book at one point because of lack of interest.If not for Cable and Wolverine.This thread probably would not have been made.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.