Follow

Deadpool

Character » Deadpool appears in 3332 issues.

Wade Wilson is a former test subject of the Weapon X program, where he received his regenerative healing factor through the scientific experiments conducted upon him. A prominent enemy, ally and later, member of X-Force. He's famous for breaking the Fourth Wall.

The Time Has come! Deadpool Fans Unite! To bring Back Joe Kelly!

deepest_pool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deepest_pool

apparitions all of a sudden with random alternate covers of extreme rarity. All of them with the clear purpose of exploiting the character, testing the patience of its costumers and fans. In addition, all of the work is extremely mediocre. Not even a shadow of the Deadpool that people remember and enjoy more than 10 years after publication. The Deadpool from the 90’s by Joe Kelly.

In spite of this, people keep buying the current Deadpool in hopes that the title will miraculously become better . Sales of the title have been dropping considerably and many people hope that this will bring a change.

However, hoping assures nothing, and it takes much more than hope to bring about any change. Despite all the complaints and protests by fans, the fan community has not organized nor mobilized itself to make a change out of this.

That’s why Deepest Pool has been conceived; while tv shows have been cancelled in the past, they have returned because their fans mobilized and demanded it. It is time that we Deadpool fans do something similar.

Our goals are the following:

1:To make Marvel realize that the Deadpool franchise will become a much more enjoyable (and thus profitable) facet of their comics division if they bring back Joe Kelly, and give him control of the book.

With Joe Kelly now working on Marvel, he is willing to return to Deadpool as long as he is given complete control.

2. To make Joe Kelly realize that the entire Deadpool fanbase remembers his groundbreaking work more than a decade ago, and that the entire community as a whole wants him back at the helm.

Our mission is the following: Send letters and e-mails to Marvel comics. Especially letters that demand them of our goals! Every single letter counts, get your neighbors, your friends, heck even the dog to write a letter to marvel. We can truly make a difference.

Because after all Marvel is OUR universe is it not?

aalonso@marvel.com 
      onlinesupport@marvel.com
    officex@marvel.com
    mheroes@marvel.com

Marvel Entertainment LLC 135 W
    50th Street, 7th Floor NY, NY 10020

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By The Lobster

I'd rather not bite the hand that feeds us. 

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#3  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @The Lobster said:
    "I'd rather not bite the hand that feeds us.  "

I don't think you need to worry about that.  Deadpool is quickly rivaling Wolverine & Spidey for the amount of titles he's been in for the last 12 months.   

Personally, I was a big fan of Deadpool when the Joe Kelly series started.  I remember the day I bought the first issue when it came out & reading it in the pub.  My friends wanted to look & they all laughed when they read it.   

I agree with deepest_pool that it was a far superior title to anything Deadpool related available today.  However, it's unlikely we'd get an old writer back on a character after all this time (unless it's Chris Claremont after the money with the inevitable X-Men Forever 3).  Even if he did, Ed McGuinness' style has changed so much I wouldn't want to see him back on the title.   

There does need to be a drastic cull of Deadpool titles, before the oversaturation destroys the loyal (but not blindly-loyal) fan-base.
    d34dp00l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By d34dp00l

nice idea
    The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By The Lobster
    @xerox-kitty said:
    " @The Lobster said:
    "I'd rather not bite the hand that feeds us.  "
    I don't think you need to worry about that.  Deadpool is quickly rivaling Wolverine & Spidey for the amount of titles he's been in for the last 12 months.    

Personally, I was a big fan of Deadpool when the Joe Kelly series started.  I remember the day I bought the first issue when it came out & reading it in the pub.  My friends wanted to look & they all laughed when they read it.    

I agree with deepest_pool that it was a far superior title to anything Deadpool related available today.  However, it's unlikely we'd get an old writer back on a character after all this time (unless it's Chris Claremont after the money with the inevitable X-Men Forever 3).  Even if he did, Ed McGuinness' style has changed so much I wouldn't want to see him back on the title.    

There does need to be a drastic cull of Deadpool titles, before the oversaturation destroys the loyal (but not blindly-loyal) fan-base. "
    It already seems that Marvel knows we're getting tired of Deadpool, since all his series but the one written by Daniel Way are getting canned at issue 12. (Not counting Uncanny X-Force since that's not a Deadpool series, it's an x-men series) So if they are dropping the over saturation, then it seems kinda pointless to bite the hand that feeds us. They are leaving us with one Deadpool ongoing (By a writer I'm not really a fan of), one team up book with Deadpool as a main character (Which is amazing), and a few mini series every now and then ( Deadpool : Fear Itself) . 

I'm perfectly fine with this, one series to get my daily dose of Deadpool (two to choose from) and a Mini-series every once and a while to have a change of pace is perfect.
    deepest_pool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By deepest_pool

Tire not my friends! there is another way other than just write letters. You can directly tweet Deadpool's new editor trough here:
    http://twitter.com/#!/cracksh0t
    Ask him to bring back Joe Kelly, that you would like some mega quality back in Deadpool. 

Like a wise man once said, you can build up mountains by putting grains of sand together.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.