Follow

Deadpool

Character » Deadpool appears in 3316 issues.

Wade Wilson is a former test subject of the Weapon X program, where he received his regenerative healing factor through the scientific experiments conducted upon him. A prominent enemy, ally and later, member of X-Force. He's famous for breaking the Fourth Wall.

The Deathstroke ripoff created by Rob Liefeld is not Deadpool

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000

During the time in the Justice League/Avengers crossover that the Marvel and DC universes temporarily merged, the original Deadpool died offscreen. He was instantly brought back to life since nobody stays dead in superhero comics but due to some sort of weird paradox caused by his being a parody of Deathstroke and the two of them co-existing in the same temporarily-merged universe, he came back as a completely different person with a different Backstory. This sudden Retcon-induced loss of identity coupled with contradictory memories he realized that he was a character in a comic book and none of what had happened was even real.

• This would also explain all the confusion with T-Ray. The original, darker Deadpool that was more recognizably a Deathstroke rip-off came back to life after the universes split back into Marvel and DC. When he went to reclaim his place, he found someone else claiming to be him and took on the name T-Ray.
    • Both Deadpool and T Ray are Wade Wilson
      Mercedes married a guy named Wade Wilson. Wilson is not such an uncommon name, and neither is Wade. The Wade Wilson she married became T Ray. The name of man saved from the river was not Jack. He was, however, a mercenary. The events T Ray recalled are simply a big misunderstanding, and after he accidentally killed Mercedes, Deadpool went a bit crazy (not insane) and his memor defected so he would think he was Mercedes's husband.
    Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 137

#2  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
    @DeathpooltheT1000 said:

During the time in the Justice League/Avengers crossover that the Marvel and DC universes temporarily merged, the original Deadpool died offscreen. He was instantly brought back to life since nobody stays dead in superhero comics but due to some sort of weird paradox caused by his being a parody of Deathstroke and the two of them co-existing in the same temporarily-merged universe, he came back as a completely different person with a different Backstory. This sudden Retcon-induced loss of identity coupled with contradictory memories he realized that he was a character in a comic book and none of what had happened was even real.

• This would also explain all the confusion with T-Ray. The original, darker Deadpool that was more recognizably a Deathstroke rip-off came back to life after the universes split back into Marvel and DC. When he went to reclaim his place, he found someone else claiming to be him and took on the name T-Ray.
    • Both Deadpool and T Ray are Wade Wilson
      Mercedes married a guy named Wade Wilson. Wilson is not such an uncommon name, and neither is Wade. The Wade Wilson she married became T Ray. The name of man saved from the river was not Jack. He was, however, a mercenary. The events T Ray recalled are simply a big misunderstanding, and after he accidentally killed Mercedes, Deadpool went a bit crazy (not insane) and his memor defected so he would think he was Mercedes's husband.
    where was it stated that deadpool died off screen in jla/avengers?
    Rabbit_May_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Rabbit_May_Cry

@Avenging-X-Bolt: I think it's all speculation.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#4  Edited By xerox_kitty

It's a nice theory... but I think you're thinking about it a little too hard. I'm sure the writers certainly don't work on this basis.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000

@Avenging-X-Bolt: @Rabbit_May_Cry said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt: I think it's all speculation.

Yeah, is more, "so this works" that, this was actually what happened.

@xerox_kitty said:

It's a nice theory... but I think you're thinking about it a little too hard. I'm sure the writers certainly don't work on this basis.

Neither they did with the Ben Really or Peter Parker was actually a clone, but then we get the Clone Saga and the Norman Osborne was actually alive, great ideas that were better as a concept.

Also, it would work better that the Evil Deadpool, i mean even if T Ray is only a Wade Wilson and was never the Deathstroke Ripoff, he could be back and become tha main villain of Deadpool.

After all he is his own worst enemy.

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By CATPANEXE

" Rip-off " would be an opinionated term, one with which Rob Liefeld is fairly attached to and even legally, but that's that.

As for the theory, which is interesting, Rob has stated and bluntly that when he created Deadpool his inspiration for the character

was Deathstroke because he thought he was cool, I've watched the interview. So rip-off, parody, inspired, but yes Deadpool was

spawned form Deathstroke. Which isn't a bad thing if you think about it in the right light. Deathstroke is awesome. Deadpool is

loved, and they say intimation is the most sincere form of flattery, and from the way I heard him spin it, it seems flattery was

heavily intended. In the end of the day as well, every superhero character and comic in itself comes from an already established

template and mold in one way or another, so the point is moot to be concerned about. It would be like hassling over the fact that

a new model television by a designer other than the designer of the first television conceptualized may be a rip-off. Products are

fashioned to design their original environment and season.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.