The Deadpool Movie Finally Gets A Director

• 89 results
Posted by No_name_here (1223 posts) - - Show Bio
 Now all we need to is make him ugly.

A very special thanks to Mr. Hulk Smahin’ for bringing this to our attention…

When you think of Deadpool, you know that Weasel’s his armorer and Blind Al’s his sometimes-confidant. But who’s his director? Robert Rodriguez was talking about helming a solo movie for the ‘Pool for a long time, but now Deadline’s saying that Tim Miller’s taking command of the S.S. D.P. Though this would be his first movie as director, Miller actually has actually had a long career as a visual effects artist on a healthy selection of blockbusters. Most pertinent of those credits are his work on the first two X-MEN movies, DAREDEVIL and the especially-recent SCOTT PILGRIM VS. THE WORLD.

I’ve got literally nothing to base expectations on here, suffice it to say that we’ve got a director who surely knows how to push an effects budget as far as it can go. I’m expecting more “I can’t believe it’s not $100 million” DISTRICT 9-style magic and less “What’s up with these obviously cartoony claws in the Canadian couple’s bathroom?” confusion. == TEASER ==

With GREEN LANTERN only a couple months away, it seemed like the aforementioned DEADPOOL ship might’ve sailed, even despite Ryan Reynolds and Lauren Donner’s enthusiasm for the property. However, considering how THE WOLVERINE might be going through some indefinitie delays, now, I suspect the studio might be a lot more interested in making this happen expediently, now. Wade's scooping up the ball!

#1 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8070 posts) - - Show Bio
THANK GOD
#2 Posted by papad1992 (6829 posts) - - Show Bio

Break the fourth the wall... shove it down and break it's soul into tiny little wall pieces!! Heck yeah Deadpool take it!!! But anyways I'm anxious and waiting to see if a good story plot will be involved!!

#3 Posted by Icon (2055 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm, his directorial debut? Alright, I'm on board. 

#4 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8070 posts) - - Show Bio
@papad1992: ive read parts of the script and at one point theres a bunch of people surrounding him with guns and he looks at the camera and says "Oh SH*T I think I left the Iron on" Theres also another where hes talking about being ashamed of something and the  Wolverine Origins Version of him as an action figure is near him implying to the audience hes ashamed of that film but says something else but he point is taken as that
#5 Edited by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

good! FINALLY!
Seann William Scott for Deadpool!

#6 Posted by ReverseNegative (2729 posts) - - Show Bio

Are they sticking with the original script?

#7 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio
@doordoor123 said:

" good! FINALLY!

"
If Ryan is not doing it then this guys my 2nd pic. I really hope they dont make this over the Wolverine film tho
#8 Posted by Renee (10289 posts) - - Show Bio

No don't make him ugly lol.

#9 Edited by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio
@spiderbat87 said:

" @doordoor123 said:

" good! FINALLY!

"
If Ryan is not doing it then this guys my 2nd pic. I really hope they dont make this over the Wolverine film tho "
Ryan is busy filming RIPD and then hes off to do another GL movie. Ryan is a busy guy. I doubt hes going to be in Deadpool.

@Renee said:
" No don't make him ugly lol. "

Isnt Deadpool supposed to be ugly?
#10 Edited by Mr. Dead Pool (2625 posts) - - Show Bio

BOOYAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BIG WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  LET'S PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

#11 Posted by ReverseNegative (2729 posts) - - Show Bio
@spiderbat87 said:
" @doordoor123 said:

" good! FINALLY!

"
If Ryan is not doing it then this guys my 2nd pic. I really hope they dont make this over the Wolverine film tho "
I REALLY do if Darren whats-his-name-Black-Swan-guy isn't directing. All the X-Men movies have been horrible.
#12 Posted by matrix10st (34 posts) - - Show Bio

YEs sean william scott for Deadpool hes young enough and hes got that crazy wildness to him that deadpool obviously has and just to add to that a disfigured face and skin with his usual sarcastic mouth. His work in copout lets me believe he can do it. Lets Go Sean Lets go
#13 Edited by Dark Cell (447 posts) - - Show Bio
@doordoor123 said:
"@spiderbat87 said:

" @doordoor123 said:

" good! FINALLY!

"

Ryan is busy filming RIPD and then hes off to do another GL movie. Ryan is a busy guy. I doubt hes going to be in Deadpool.

I reckon with his enthusiasm for the project he is still goanna be in it.

#14 Posted by The Lobster (1507 posts) - - Show Bio

Koo Koo Ka Freakin Choo!!!

#15 Posted by Chibi-Iroh (388 posts) - - Show Bio

Ryan Reynolds will always be Deadpool in my eyes and nothing can change that. I hope he is a good director because I wanted either Robert Rodriguez or Quentin Tarantino to direct it.

#16 Posted by cattlebattle (12694 posts) - - Show Bio

F**K Deadpool

#17 Posted by IIDEADxPOOLII (1414 posts) - - Show Bio

So i'm guessing the main villian will be either T-Ray or Francis
#18 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Huh, how 'bout that?

#19 Posted by Mr. Dead Pool (2625 posts) - - Show Bio
@IIDEADxPOOLII: I was hoping maybe Taskmaster and Domino.
#20 Posted by Wattup (648 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't Seann William Scott in rehab right now?

#21 Posted by Mr.Hulk_Smashin'! (2569 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel famous :D :P

In all seriousness, they need to start production within the next 4 months or else you-know-who will try and make a sequel to you-know-what just so Ryan can't get to Deadpool.

#22 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12931 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mr.Hulk_Smashin'!:
whats wrong with ryan? he's better than sean william scott
#23 Posted by Sobe Cin (599 posts) - - Show Bio

Just to be honest, who cares.
#24 Posted by Mr.Hulk_Smashin'! (2569 posts) - - Show Bio
@Avenging-X-Bolt:  I've never even heard of Sean william Scott. I want Ryan.
#25 Posted by Kid_Zombie (824 posts) - - Show Bio

Screw Fox! Marvel needs to get all there rights back, come on disney use your money bags!

#26 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio
@Wattup said:
" Isn't Seann William Scott in rehab right now? "
Thats part of the reason why he would be perfect for the part.
#27 Posted by The WeatherMan (3214 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Deadpool has great potential to be a mainstream kind of hero, because of his off the wall character and humor. Hope this doesn't go from a hype train to a train wreck.

#28 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12931 posts) - - Show Bio

@doordoor123 said:

" @Wattup said:
" Isn't Seann William Scott in rehab right now? "
Thats part of the reason why he would be perfect for the part. "

we're going for a kellyish Deadpool not a way ish  deadpool

#29 Posted by DEADPOOL (2703 posts) - - Show Bio

Well let's hope that the Deadpool movie can begin filming by at least the beginning of 2012, and hopefully have a 2013 release.

That is assuming the world doesn't end in December 2012.

#30 Posted by Mr. Dead Pool (2625 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by Delta Red (222 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally having a director is nice, at least this is a step to somewhere.

Let's see where this goes.

#32 Posted by IIDEADxPOOLII (1414 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mr. Dead Pool said:
" @IIDEADxPOOLII: I was hoping maybe Taskmaster and Domino. "

Could be I was just thinking they were going to dig into Deadpool's past in this movie.
#33 Posted by Trodorne (2584 posts) - - Show Bio

When i hear not afraid to spend money on special effects, immediately im thinking Michael Bay...the so called director.

I think sean william scott would make an excellent deadpool. Normally i would say get a canadian actor to try to pull of a canadian character. but since Marvel decided hey were not making him canadian anymore... so i just lost interest.

#34 Posted by SpidermanWins (3982 posts) - - Show Bio

I will probably not be able to see this because it will, without a doubt, be an R rated comedy, but I am still excited.

#35 Posted by Omarpool (6773 posts) - - Show Bio

Heck yeah! One step closer.

#36 Posted by Hadez (164 posts) - - Show Bio

nice I cant wait

#37 Posted by cyberninja (10413 posts) - - Show Bio

#38 Posted by UnosInfinitos (149 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mr.Hulk_Smashin'!:  What?! American Pie? How old are you?
#39 Posted by KZR (487 posts) - - Show Bio
@doordoor123:  That's what you call perfect casting.
#40 Posted by NightFang (9976 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle said:
" F**K Deadpool "
He well always be a ripoff of Deathstroke too me.              
#41 Posted by Harlekin (680 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder what Scott Pilgrim and Deadpool were going to have in common besides bombing.

#42 Posted by CrimsonAvenger (1162 posts) - - Show Bio

Not on board, a Deadpool movie just isn't going to work. Breaking the fourth wall in live-action is just plain stupid, if this were an animated movie i'd see it but live-action no thanks.

#43 Posted by DEADPOOL (2703 posts) - - Show Bio
@NightFang said:
" @cattlebattle said:
" F**K Deadpool "
He well always be a ripoff of Deathstroke too me.               "
And Deathstroke will always be a rip-off of Captain America to me.
#44 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8070 posts) - - Show Bio
@DEADPOOL: and  curent Cap will always be a rip off Steve Rogers 
#45 Posted by ReverseNegative (2729 posts) - - Show Bio
@Harlekin said:
" I wonder what Scott Pilgrim and Deadpool were going to have in common besides bombing. "
Scott Pilgrim was good, it just wasn't advertised enough.
#46 Posted by ntb1124 (949 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReverseNegative said:
" @Harlekin said:
" I wonder what Scott Pilgrim and Deadpool were going to have in common besides bombing. "
Scott Pilgrim was good, it just wasn't advertised enough. "
It did not bomb because of advertising, it is just a mainstream enough movie that interested people(no explosions, half naked chicks or star power)

The only thing that worries me about a Deadpool movie with Ryan Reynolds is the fact that they will not make him look like Deadpool without the mask because they want to attract the female audience, so they can't disfigure one of the men most women think is hot, so you will have 114 minutes of his looking like Ryan and then finally at the end they will make him look the way he is supposed to.
#47 Posted by NightFang (9976 posts) - - Show Bio
@DEADPOOL said: 
             Thats just dumb.
#48 Edited by DEADPOOL (2703 posts) - - Show Bio
@NightFang said:

" @DEADPOOL said: 

Thats just dumb. "
An American soldier is given an experimental treatment to make him into a super soldier, enhancing his physical abilities to peak human. Wears flared gloves, fold-over boots, scale-mail armor, and wears a short-sleeved mid-drift over shirt.

Who am I describing?
#49 Posted by Harlekin (680 posts) - - Show Bio
@DEADPOOL said:
" @NightFang said:

" @DEADPOOL said: 

Thats just dumb. "
An American soldier is given an experimental treatment to make him into a super soldier, enhancing his physical abilities to peak human. Wears flared gloves, fold-over boots, scale-mail armor, and wears a short-sleeved mid-drift over shirt.Who am I describing? "
I had to double check to see if Slade had flared gloves, which he does. lol
#50 Posted by LordTaronji101 (277 posts) - - Show Bio

This will be good

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.