Follow

Deadpool

Character » Deadpool appears in 3332 issues.

Wade Wilson is a former test subject of the Weapon X program, where he received his regenerative healing factor through the scientific experiments conducted upon him. A prominent enemy, ally and later, member of X-Force. He's famous for breaking the Fourth Wall.

So why is Daniel Way bad again?

Robert2928

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm not completely new to Deadpool. I started reading Deadpool with suicide kings, then Way's run and I'm working on Deadpool and Cable/Deadpool Classic along with the new series out now.

I mean this curiosity came about when the Deadpool game came out and people were calling him "Waypool" and I was confused. I was especially happy when I heard Daniel Way was doing the writing for the game and others hated that. Is there a legitimate reason why Daniel Way is "bad" or is this just a bandwagon thing?

Avatar image for marionettegeist
    Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not completely new to Deadpool. I started reading Deadpool with suicide kings, then Way's run and I'm working on Deadpool and Cable/Deadpool Classic along with the new series out now.

I mean this curiosity came about when the Deadpool game came out and people were calling him "Waypool" and I was confused. I was especially happy when I heard Daniel Way was doing the writing for the game and others hated that. Is there a legitimate reason why Daniel Way is "bad" or is this just a bandwagon thing?

His writing is awful, he added random voices in Deadpool's head just so that Deadpool would have someone to bounce jokes off of without having to keep up with a recurring cast, and his stories suffer for the sake of the joke.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

Who??

Is he some Deadpool writer or something?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@extremis: He wrote the 2008-2012 Deadpool run, which took Wade and reduced him to a spouter of randomness and memes.

Unfortunately, Marvel noticed how popular Wade was around the same time, and he became one of their most promoted characters. Deadpool now has recognition in popular culture, but it's as a "lol so randum" joke character instead of the complex one the likes of Kelly, Nicieza, and Remender have written.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He changed Deadpool personallity and take away many of his skills.

If well is normal that writers change Deadpool, he dumb him to make him more mainstream and now he is too popular for the fact he is an idiot, what means he is getting more stupid with time.

Not only that, he puts dumb jokes every time he can and gets dumb ideas and decide to use them in Deadpool, so Deadpool stop being a charater for the sake of being one walking joke.

Robert2928

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So if I hear y'all correctly Daniel Way is credited with dumbing down Deadpool for casual fans during his popularity boom? (Which I am going to assume was somewhere around Marvel vs Capcom 3's release)

Now the Deadpool game was a mediocre gaming experience however I thought the writing/jokes were done well. Was that Daniel Way doing a good job or was it more of the same stuff from his run on Deadpool?

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By The Lobster

I thought I was needed here, specially since I have a history of criticizing Daniel Way's Deadpool series.....but it seems everything I could possibly say has already been said.

Does the heart good knowing there are still people out there who see the cracks in Daniel Way's series.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.