Follow

Deadpool

Character » Deadpool appears in 3332 issues.

Wade Wilson is a former test subject of the Weapon X program, where he received his regenerative healing factor through the scientific experiments conducted upon him. A prominent enemy, ally and later, member of X-Force. He's famous for breaking the Fourth Wall.

So is DEADPOOL just a joker/clown ?

azmoday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By azmoday

Hey guys, 

SO i posted this on marvel boards.. wondering if i could get your opinions too.. 

SO i've been reading all the new deadpool.. really enjoying some of it.. really not enjoying some of the more "Extreme" ones like when he's a pirate... 

My question is, how do you guys see deadpool ? is he JUST a comedian/joker/clown kinda character. or does he have any seriousness to him or his comics?   

I kinda see him as a badass (kinda like wolverine) who just cracks jokes but is really just deranged and badass.. 

U?
    The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By The Lobster

He's a typical sad clown story to me...

He has a lot of humor to him, but he uses his humor to hide his insecurities and flaws. 

Man of Lengend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Man of Lengend

well deadpool to me has always been a badass that could keep up with the best of them  but thought of as a loser .... so he uses humor as his revenge on the world haha  
    Avatar image for abnormally_warm_guy
    Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 1

@The Lobster : I completely agree. Deadpool is the clown that laughs on the outside yet cries on the inside.
    Avatar image for ultimatedeadpool
    DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DEADPOOL

This is a side of Deadpool that people tend to forget about...

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    azmoday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By azmoday

@DEADPOOL said:

"This is a side of Deadpool that people tend to forget about...

"

sweet ... i never read deadpool back then ... so i never got to see this stuff... but it's nice to see this side of him here and there..  

Anymore ?
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @The Lobster said:
    "He's a typical sad clown story to me...  He has a lot of humor to him, but he uses his humor to hide his insecurities and flaws.  "
    BarryWest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BarryWest

Deadpool is the man, that's all I know. Also, he's abit on the crazy side, so the jokes are probably just him being him. But, he can be serious when the occasion calls for it.
    Elian Allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Elian Allen

People underestimate Deadpool just because he makes jokes but Deadpool is as much of a threat as Wolverine and most likely even worse. 

Comedy is a smoke screen to hide the truth.

"Behind this smile there is an endless pain" 

Jim Carrey as funny and happy as he appears he suffers from depression. Who would of thought that one of the funniest actors in the freaking world was depressive. 

Also, people tend to underestimate him (Deadpool) which is a perfect advantage for him. They think he is an idiot, then SWISH! Next thing you know he sever your head off. Who's the idiot now the comedian or the one who's head is now rollin on the freaking carpet?

Deadpool rules!

Avatar image for ultimatedeadpool
    DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DEADPOOL
    @azmoday said:

"sweet ... i never read deadpool back then ... so i never got to see this stuff... but it's nice to see this side of him here and there..   Anymore ? "

Well I can probably dig up a few more. 

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Before Weapon-X, Deadpool finds out he has cancer and breaks up with Copycat
     Before Weapon-X, Deadpool finds out he has cancer and breaks up with Copycat

In Weapon-X
     In Weapon-X

No Caption Provided

Using a holographic projector, trying to talk Warpath into letting him see Siryn, 1
     Using a holographic projector, trying to talk Warpath into letting him see Siryn, 1

Next page
    Next page
    mavfan626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By mavfan626
    @BarryWest said:
    "Deadpool is the man, that's all I know. Also, he's abit on the crazy side, so the jokes are probably just him being him. But, he can be serious when the occasion calls for it. "
    Avatar image for soild_monty_tacowtf
    SOILD_MONTY_TACOWTF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

to me deadpool is a person that rarely makes sense, i give him props thou knowing he in a comic book take some serious capacity unlike other hero's who would break at the moment. it just go to show even though deadpool hated by many deep got the balls to do stuff.

Avatar image for the_space_monkey
    The Space Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By The Space Monkey

Deadpool is by far the smartest character in all of comics and quite sane. Before you accuse me of trolling hear me out.  
    First and formost he knows that he is a comic book character and that he has writers and you the reader are watching/reading him. Therefore, he sees the world in a different light than everyone else. 
    He knows Marvel characters never die (has made references to it in the past) and that his series is either popular or unpopular. 
    Hell, he even knows how many on-going series he has.  
    Imagine for sec if you knew for a fact that no matter what you'll survive and thive any hardship you face, nothing you do really matters, and you are always being watched by an insivible audiance that you must entertain... wouldn't the rest of the world call you a crazy clown too? 
    Avatar image for soild_monty_tacowtf
    SOILD_MONTY_TACOWTF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yup @The Space Monkey said:

" Deadpool is by far the smartest character in all of comics and quite sane. Before you accuse me of trolling hear me out.  First and formost he knows that he is a comic book character and that he has writers and you the reader are watching/reading him. Therefore, he sees the world in a different light than everyone else. He knows Marvel characters never die (has made references to it in the past) and that his series is either popular or unpopular. Hell, he even knows how many on-going series he has.  Imagine for sec if you knew for a fact that no matter what you'll survive and thive any hardship you face, nothing you do really matters, and you are always being watched by an insivible audiance that you must entertain... wouldn't the rest of the world call you a crazy clown too?  "
    id like to see disney try and kill him
    PYH000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By PYH000

If anything, I prefer to see Deadpool as an immature delinquent who's sarcastic, arrogant and enjoys pissing people off laced with quips,and also a psychopath, but there's no denying he's quite a complex character who went through hell. I bet if he was in Arkham Asylum, he would consider it to be Paradise compared to Weapon X.

X-DP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By X-DP

He's cool but with sense of humour that's always not bad if you have! He's deadly but funny too, do u remeber when he fights all that annoying clowns, shouting DIE DIE DIE CLOWN AND DIE AGAIN??? XDD AWESOME!

toryo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By toryo1

No Caption Provided
    Best Deadpool quote ever xD
    The WeatherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18  Edited By The WeatherMan

He is a badass assassin, just insane with a wicked sense of humor.
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#19  Edited By joshmightbe

deadpool is batshit crazy he ca go from joking with you to strangling you in about 2 seconds, hes kinda like joker in a way

X-DP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By X-DP

Deaaaaaadly joker after all.eheh!

toryo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By toryo1
    Deadpool would'n have any problems killing me : P
    I'd probably die of laugh before he had even touched me.

Sorry for my bad english.. i'm Norwegian
    lozer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By lozer

well, there's the whole crazy deadpool and then the fucked-up past wade wilson

The Origin of Deadpool
     The Origin of Deadpool
    all in all it's like he's kicking butt and telling jokes with his screwed up just...everything sprinkled in.
    D3athstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By D3athstroke

Deadpool is Chuck Norris 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By 123422

Well, he is a bit of a tragic clown character, using his apparent insanity and wisecracking to hide his dark past and insecurities.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
    Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#25  Edited By Yung ANcient One
    @The Lobster said:

" He's a typical sad clown story to me...  He has a lot of humor to him, but he uses his humor to hide his insecurities and flaws.  "

QFT
    and to me hes that(^^^^^^^) a sad clown. i wouldnt call him a bad ass... but he is a bad ass because he isnt one. Like Cy... Cy isnt a Bad Ass... but hes a bad ass to me cuz he isnt. if that makes any sense... same with spidey, and others i like

but is he serious?
    nope. Hes trying hard not to be.
    i think he could grow a lot more if he actually had more moments where he opens up.
    like that one time Him and Cable were at the bar.
    IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#26  Edited By IrishX

He's definetely skilled and can be serious at times but for the most part I do look at him as just a Jokester.
    darkxman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By darkxman123

he is spiderman but eviler funnyer and he will easyly kill you 

Haustyl12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#28  Edited By Haustyl12

I say he's a skilled merc who uses humor as a distraction
    Avatar image for the_ace_of_knaves
    the ace of knaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think "sad clown" is the perfect way to describe Deadpool. Well, a well written Deadpool.

He can be serious, but he chooses not to because it hurts him so much. The guy is a manic depressive schizo with a severe case of self loathing. He uses the humour and craziness to cover this up.

See most other heroes think he is either an annoyance, or a psycho killer. No one will give him a chance so eventually he thinks "Y'know what? Fuck it, i will be a psycho killer. Why should i try and be a good guy if people still don't give me a chance?"

Cable gave him a chance, and that is why Wade loves Nate and will do anything for him. Because Nate saw the good in him.

CadeShanley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By CadeShanley

Deadpool The Forth Wall Breaking Idiot

RonSiconolfi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By RonSiconolfi

he uses jokes to create a facade as a clown --so the people will underestimate him as the deadlly killer he really is 

kinda like spidey--spidey is always making jokes while hes loaded with problems and depressed
    Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daniel Way is a joker/clown. 
    Deadpool is the only character that know he is a comic book character for the same he is the way he is.

CadeShanley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By CadeShanley

Deadpool A: Joker or B: Clown? How about C: An Idiot? 

Avatar image for themarvelfanboy
    TheMarvelFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By TheMarvelFanboy

Ever since Daniel Way took over. Still find the storys kind of entertaning though.

ShirEPanjshir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#35  Edited By ShirEPanjshir

He frequently acts like a clown. But he's proven on numerous occasions that he really isn't an idiot and actually is quite the strategist ( see the Deadpool part in Wolverine Origins ) or his part in Secret Invasion for the more recent proof of this. His methods are unconventional, but they work.
    He also has shown ( mostly in the VOL.1 now called Deadpool Classic comics ) that the jokes and all that are largely a sort of "facade" he built to hide his traumatized persona. If you like Deadpool, and if you haven't already, you really should read the Deadpool Classic comics. They reveal quite a lot of who he really is, and show a nice transformation from a quite egoistic, very violent bastard to where he is now. Cable & Deadpool continues this a bit further, also a must read, possibly the best Deadpool series there has ever been.

But I'm guessing to people who'd read Deadpool right now for the first time, they'd probably assume that he's just an idiot who can't die and lucks off a lot.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.