So how much of a good fighter is Deadpool, really?

  • 69 results
  • 1
  • 2
#51 Posted by Abnormally Warm Guy (1297 posts) - - Show Bio
@DeathpooltheT1000: You're mistaken again. It's Macgruber! 
 
MACGRUBER!
#52 Posted by ShirEPanjshir (583 posts) - - Show Bio

Great, I'm now imagining Deadpool with a MacGyver theme song.

#53 Posted by Abnormally Warm Guy (1297 posts) - - Show Bio
@ShirEPanjshir: you're welcome.
#54 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio
@ShirEPanjshir said:

" Great, I'm now imagining Deadpool with a MacGyver theme song. "

  
  
@Abnormally Warm Guy said:
" @DeathpooltheT1000: You're mistaken again. It's Macgruber!  MACGRUBER! "

Dude i watched MacGruber The Movie and the only thing he knows is to put things on his ass, something like Ricky Martin but less latin.
#55 Posted by hydrabob (14977 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
"He kicked Cap in the balls because Cap wasn't expecting it..they weren't fighting"
when did this happen?
#56 Edited by Vance Astro (90727 posts) - - Show Bio
@hydrabob said:

" @Vance Astro said:

"He kicked Cap in the balls because Cap wasn't expecting it..they weren't fighting"
when did this happen? "
I believe it was both times they fought.He distracted Cap then he kicked him in the sack.
Moderator
#57 Posted by mavfan626 (4118 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:

" @hydrabob said:

" @Vance Astro said:

"He kicked Cap in the balls because Cap wasn't expecting it..they weren't fighting"
when did this happen? "
I believe it was both times they fought.He distracted Cap then he kicked him in the sack. "
IIRC Deadpool has only once kick Cap's in the Balls and that was when they  "Rrochambeau" for the fate of the world.. :p but don't recall a second time Deadpool kick Cap's in the Balls.. 
#58 Posted by hydrabob (14977 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro:  the only time i remember seeing them meet was Deadpool #28
#59 Posted by Vance Astro (90727 posts) - - Show Bio
@mavfan626 said:
IIRC Deadpool has only once kick Cap's in the Balls and that was when they  "Rrochambeau" for the fate of the world.. :p but don't recall a second time Deadpool kick Cap's in the Balls..  "
It only had to happen once for the quoted statement to be true :P 
I don't remember what happened the second time they fought.I was shown the scans I didn't actually read the comics.I think what i'm actually remembering is Cap kicking DEADPOOL in the balls in the solicitations.
Moderator
#60 Edited by mavfan626 (4118 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:

" @mavfan626 said:

IIRC Deadpool has only once kick Cap's in the Balls and that was when they  "Rrochambeau" for the fate of the world.. :p but don't recall a second time Deadpool kick Cap's in the Balls..  "

It only had to happen once for the quoted statement to be true :P I don't remember what happened the second time they fought.I was shown the scans I didn't actually read the comics.I think what i'm actually remembering is Cap kicking DEADPOOL in the balls in the solicitations. "
Yeah I think that was the cover of Deadpool #28.. but it didn't happen in the comic..
#61 Edited by ShirEPanjshir (583 posts) - - Show Bio
@hydrabob:  They actually met a few times. 
 
They met during the Deadpool Classic issues during the Dead Reckoning storyline ( 23 - 25 ), where he was the Mithras and had to save the world. Captain America was also there ( as a back-up plan if I remember correctly ) and Deadpool kicked him in the sack.
 
They also met during the Cabe & Deadpool run in the Civil War story line ( 30 - 32 ) where Deadpool was Pro-Registration and got beat up by a bunch of Anti-Registration heroes, and Captain America was also present.
#62 Posted by Omarpool (6773 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool is one of the best fighters in the Marvel universe and can kick some serious ass. He's skilled in many forms of fighting but doesn't seem to take fights seriously. It seems he'd rather outsmart his opponents (He acts like an idiot which makes people think he's dim or insane which gives him a huge advantage) than fight them head on probably because its easier. However he will fight head on occasions if he feels like it or if he's in a serious mood. If he really wants someone dead they're probably going to be dead soon.

#63 Edited by The_Assassin_ (17389 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool:
- Master with Bladed weaponry
- Expert with Explosives
- Skilled in Hand-to-Hand Combat (Can take Wolverine in Hand-to-Hand)
- Can pick up any Gun and master it within a few minutes. 
- Peak Human Conditioning 
- Can use Psychological Warfare against his opponents (simply because he doesn't shut up)
- Highly Intelligent (But still Insane)
- Healing Factor that lets him survive ANY wound no matter how grievous 
- Can use anything as a Weapon, once beat Tiger shark with a Towel

And I'm probably forgetting something...
 
And most people in the Marvel Universe that have encountered him would agree, If Deadpool legitimately wants you dead. You. Will. Die.

#64 Edited by WeaponXSubject (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Is Deadpool a badass? Hmm... Is Wolverine a mutant? Of course he's a badass!! And heres a few reasons why 1.) He cant die... he just cant its impossible!! 2.) He is a master marksman and swordsman 3.) He can go toe to toe with any character at all and just not give a fuck!!! and 4.) Pretty sure he is the worlds best assassin of all time. I've read in one comicwhere he takes down crowds of people with his bare hands!! So yes... Deadpool is an official badass

#65 Posted by WeaponXSubject (4 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_assassin_: that something you forgot was that he will do ANYTHING if he gets paid enough

#66 Edited by Bogey (929 posts) - - Show Bio

@weaponxsubject said:

Is Deadpool a badass? Hmm... Is Wolverine a mutant? Of course he's a badass!! And heres a few reasons why 1.) He cant die... he just cant its impossible!! 2.) He is a master marksman and swordsman 3.) He can go toe to toe with any character at all and just not give a fuck!!! and 4.) Pretty sure he is the worlds best assassin of all time. I've read in one comicwhere he takes down crowds of people with his bare hands!! So yes... Deadpool is an official badass

Not to forget he had two different miniseries in which he kills everything in the universe's.

#67 Edited by Chibio (920 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool is a good fighter. He has actually defeated Captain America in hand to hand combat twice. Maybe even three times, but I'm not so sure about the last one. He actually outsmarted Cap. He also fought Taskmaster and defeated him, but mainly because of his crazy fightstyle which Taskmaster could not adapt to. Deadpool also defeated Bullseye multiple times, even though they have yet to have a real fist fight. Deadpool also went toe on toe with Wolverine who is supposed to be one of the best fighters in the Marvel universe, because of his age and the experience.

Unfortunately Deadpool also has a bad record at the same time, since he tends to lose fights he should not lose (Punisher, Daredevil maybe).

#68 Posted by SadiaVicious (132 posts) - - Show Bio

Classic Deadpool? Yes.

Cable & Deadpool Deadpool? Yes.

Waypool? No.

Marvel Now Deadpool? Maybe, dunno.

#69 Posted by CF12793 (2700 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool fluctuates abilities depending on the series and the writer. In his first appearance, he beat Shatterstar by watching him fight and finding 30 different weaknesses in his form and the way he fought. No one without a decent level of skill would be able to do that. He was basically Deathstroke and then when he made more appearances his level of intelligence and skill deteriorated more and more until Way finally got him he wasn't even remotely the same character as he once was.

Classic Deadpool was miles better then current Deadpool. He wasn't able to go toe to toe with the likes of Silver Sable, Wolverine, Daredevil, Taskmaster, Domino, Cannonball, etc. for no reason. Liefeld claims he came up with DP's personality, but I just don't believe that to be true, because I've read the comic that Deadpool first appeared in and he displays none of his quirky personality traits. He was at one point probably the greatest and most professional Merc in the Marvel U. Now he's just a mercenary who can't die.

If I ever write Deadpool, I'm still going to keep the humor in but have him go up against more moderate challenges and have him win because I'm sick of hearing people say "Deadpool has no skill" or "Deadpool wins because he can't die." Realistically, he doesn't have many feats aside from his earlier appearances that would show him being skilled or not, and that's something I would personally change. I haven't read any of the new "Thunderbolts" series. Anyone know if he does anything worthy of not in it?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.