So how could Deadpool die?

#1 Posted by DXmagma (91 posts) - - Show Bio

So let's pretend for a moment that Deadpool won't be back in a year because Joe Quesada loves Deadpool more then he hates marriage, and shoot the shit on how Deadpool could believably die.

Seeing as how this seems to be going down around the time Venom is taking over the world, I'd like to think Anti-venom would be involved. He comes across Deadpool slicing up symbiotes with his future spear (Can't believe everyone forgot about that) when Anti-Venom 'cures' his cancer, which we all know for Deadpool is a bad thing.

SO what do you think is a way Deady could die? Also please don't answer "He won't" or "he'll be back in a year" let's at least TRY to believe he'll stay die okay?

#2 Posted by Daveyo520 (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

From dying.

#3 Posted by MetropolisKid41 (515 posts) - - Show Bio

The only way he can or should would be for Thanos to remove the curse of immortality from him. If that doesn't happen he won't or shouldn't be able to die. If they kill him without bring that story element in there it might be the biggest continuity blunder ever.

#4 Posted by Sir_Deadpool (461 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully this is interesting when he has to die! but on diamondcomics.com there is also shown that number 51 is coming so there must be some story behind it!

#5 Posted by Roldan (241 posts) - - Show Bio

He gets lost in space. Let's hope that's the cause of death.

#6 Posted by ranvage (124 posts) - - Show Bio

@MetropolisKid41 said:

The only way he can or should would be for Thanos to remove the curse of immortality from him. If that doesn't happen he won't or shouldn't be able to die. If they kill him without bring that story element in there it might be the biggest continuity blunder ever.

That's the least they could do.

#7 Posted by MetropolisKid41 (515 posts) - - Show Bio

If they do in fact actually kill him they are just reinforcing the fact that Marvel's answer to not being able to write a complex character is to simply kill them. If you look at all of the heroes that have died with meaningless deaths over the past 2 years from Marvel you would be shocked. Most of them were handled poorly, Human Torch's death was handled very well imo and is definitely the exception to the rule. Most of the others were just the result of poor writing. (Bucky & Thor in Fear Itself are at the top of the list.)

#8 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3314 posts) - - Show Bio

Wouldn't they have to destroy every part of him, so that there's nothing left to regenerate?

#9 Posted by MetropolisKid41 (515 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kal'smahboi: The reason he's unkillable isn't because of his regenerative power, thats originally how it started, but he has been immortal and unkillable because Thanos placed an "Immortality Curse" on Deadpool, out of jealousy, so that Deadpool could never die and be with his love, Lady Death (who Thanos is in love with). Now if they choose to ignore that or have Thanos reverse it, then yes he would have to be totally vaporized to prevent regeneration.

#10 Posted by WolfMonkey (302 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sir_Deadpool: Deadpool may not neccesarily be dying in issue #50, it's just the beginning of the arc that leads to his death. like... the beginning of the end

#11 Posted by Haustyl12 (138 posts) - - Show Bio

First off, if Deadpool is immortal. All you can do is have Thano's remove the curse or have sexy time with death.

#12 Posted by joshmightbe (24098 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos or someone of greater power breaking the curse

#13 Posted by Sir_Deadpool (461 posts) - - Show Bio

@WolfMonkey: i thought 50 is the end of the arc!

#14 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio

If people stop asking if he could die.

He is alive becuase of that.

#15 Posted by WolfMonkey (302 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sir_Deadpool: nope. it's the beginning of it. i could be wrong and he could "die" at issue #50, but it's still the beginning of the arc either way. in the blurb marvel posted it says "“DEAD” kicks off in Deadpool #50!" I also first heard this story from the deadpool bugle as opposed to here, and there they said it was the beginning of the arc. he'll be "dead" somewhere in the arc. beginning? middle? end? who knows. maybe he wont even die at all. i'll wait and see. all i know is that #50 is the beginning of a new arc, with Evil Deadpool ending at #49. or maybe sooner and there's another mini arc in between, but thats unlikely

#16 Posted by EpicAssassin90 (57 posts) - - Show Bio

You kill deadpool the same way you kill wolverine, only it takes longer, you decapitate him and take his head as far away from his body as possible

#17 Posted by SadiaVicious (132 posts) - - Show Bio

He will bang Death and come back to say that it was awesome.

But really, desintegrate him with some overpowered DEATHRAY with THANOS leading the machine and laughing. (One possibility)

#18 Posted by Sir_Deadpool (461 posts) - - Show Bio

@WolfMonkey: so i need to get this arc!

#19 Posted by turok_son_of_stone (73 posts) - - Show Bio

see i view his healing factor as being similar to Lobo's in that he will regenerate completely as long as their is one cell of his body or drop of blood left. so ideally you'd have to destroy in completely down to the last cell. best way i can think of would be to toss him into a sun. even then if he survived (prob by his healing factor working faster then the intense heat and gravity) he'd be trapped and could never escape do to the immense gravity.

#20 Posted by ranvage (124 posts) - - Show Bio

I truly believe deadpool will have a after death story arc.

We'll see him in the death realm trying to cope with his new reality and his beloved death.

At the beginning he'll be living the dream, then afterwards something will happen, leading him for his resurrection.

I really doubt they will put his series on hiatus and let the character be for moths, like Cable, Human Torch and others.

#21 Posted by MetropolisKid41 (515 posts) - - Show Bio

@ turok_of_stone : I think is regenerative power is as you describe but that is not the what keeps him alive. It is a curse by Thanos, preventing him from being with Lady Death, whom they both love, but Death loves Deadpool so out of jealousy Thanos cursed him with immortality so that they could never be together. So by that sense even tho his body would be completely vaporized by tossing it into the sun, a new body would pop up on earth for his soul to inhabit and he'd still be alive. We've seen it happen before. Now they may just blatantly ignore Thanos' curse and kill him despite it, or have Thanos reverse it and allow him to die, in that case yes I would agree that throwing him into the sun would be the best way to eliminate him completely to the last living cell.

#22 Posted by TDK_1997 (13670 posts) - - Show Bio

He has healing factor but maybe he will be killed with some mystical weapon or somebody will remove the healing factor from him.But still,he will be back in a year or even months.

#23 Posted by shrmntnk62 (250 posts) - - Show Bio

See Terminator 2. I think he would go down in a blaze of glory in a vat of molten steel giving a thumbs up. Or a middle finger.

#24 Posted by MetropolisKid41 (515 posts) - - Show Bio

@TDK_1997 : Its not the healing factor that prevents him from dying its the curse. Marvel may choose to ignore that part of continuity, but really he should not be able to die until Thanos removes the curse.

#25 Posted by ranvage (124 posts) - - Show Bio

We talked a lot about why Deadpool can't die and it eliminates various possibilities of HOW he could die.

Please, feel free to visit the old topic in case you are interested: http://www.comicvine.com/deadpool/29-7606/can-deadpool-die/92-639781/#68

Some of this posts are related to the old topic, it explains better the infamous THANOS CURSE and it may be able to clarify some of the questionings thus far.

And I believe MetropolisKid41 would be very pleased to stop repeating himself. lol.

#26 Posted by MetropolisKid41 (515 posts) - - Show Bio

Hahaha thank you Ranvage, I was thinking the same thing haha. Yes I feel like I'm repeating the Thanos curse over and over.

#27 Posted by jcj145 (183 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think they'll address the Thano's Curse and just write around it. The series is continuing so maybe they'll have him dead in mind but not body kinda along the lines of Wolverine goes to hell story arc.

#28 Posted by Powerzone789 (428 posts) - - Show Bio

@MetropolisKid41 said:

@ turok_of_stone : I think is regenerative power is as you describe but that is not the what keeps him alive. It is a curse by Thanos, preventing him from being with Lady Death, whom they both love, but Death loves Deadpool so out of jealousy Thanos cursed him with immortality so that they could never be together. So by that sense even tho his body would be completely vaporized by tossing it into the sun, a new body would pop up on earth for his soul to inhabit and he'd still be alive. We've seen it happen before. Now they may just blatantly ignore Thanos' curse and kill him despite it, or have Thanos reverse it and allow him to die, in that case yes I would agree that throwing him into the sun would be the best way to eliminate him completely to the last living cell.

chances are thats what marvel is gonna do...ignore the curse that is...

#29 Posted by Kiddevil (7488 posts) - - Show Bio

ultimate nulifier?

#30 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

I had no idea there were this many avid Deadpool fans on the Vine.

#31 Posted by ranvage (124 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool 4 life hommie!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.