Follow

Deadpool

Character » Deadpool appears in 3332 issues.

Wade Wilson is a former test subject of the Weapon X program, where he received his regenerative healing factor through the scientific experiments conducted upon him. A prominent enemy, ally and later, member of X-Force. He's famous for breaking the Fourth Wall.

Ryand Reynolds as GL, what does this mean for Deadpool film?

Detective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Detective

afetr hearing this news does any once else think a Deadpool film is getting less and less likely to happen?

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Martian

If we're lucky

ARMIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ARMIV

Nope,I just think that the whole...thingy in on itself,will be pushed back a bit.

Avatar image for abnormally_warm_guy
    Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

The Deadpool film is already approved. They'd be throwing their money away if they didn't make it.

I don't know if the green lantern rumor is even true.

geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By geraldthesloth

Deadpool isn't ever written yet.

why are the fanboys having anxiety attacks

Dreadmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Dreadmaster

Ehh, it won't be stopped it will probably be pushed back.

G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By G'bandit

This just means that the Deadpool movie might take a bit longer that's all.. Ryan is too passionate about Deadpool to just leave it.. Besides he has even done interviews about Deadpool and everything, it'll just take some time. By the time GL is done Deadpool will probably have the script and all those missing elements together :D

Th3 FlAsH 123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Th3 FlAsH 123

Oh, it will happen. Or there will be a killings by a massive army of fanboys.

The Hottness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The Hottness

sorry deadpool fans, its going to be a long wait

Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Has Warner brothers or Reynolds' agent made an official statement?

Avatar image for crimsoncomedian
    CrimsonComedian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By CrimsonComedian

I don't think he'd do that. Announce a movie, then not do it. It will eventually happen.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#12  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I don't want Ryan as a GL.He should stick to Deadpool and leave it there.

Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vance Astro: agreed. Or at least have him play flash. That seems more up his alley. Green Lantern is too stoic for Reynolds.
    bioghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By bioghost
    @Th3 FlAsH 123 said:
    "Oh, it will happen. Or there will be a killings by a massive army of fanboys. "
    sadly i won't be a part of it. (sigh)
    santeria_smith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By santeria_smith

Yeah i agree with Vance. Ryan should just stick with Deadpool, he is like a perfect Deadpool. I can't really see him as Hal, but hell, he might do a badass job.

I'm just psyched that they are finally making movies about someone other than superman or batman. Come on theres like 6 batman movies and about the same for superman, and no flash, GL, wonder woman, or MM?

Storm Rider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By Storm Rider

I can see Reynolds as Kyle, but he's not who I'd pick to play Hal.

Either way, he's contractually obligated to a Deapool film, is he not? If so, then that would have to happen at some point and under the timetable set by the agreement (if said agreement does indeed exist).

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By SUNMAN

Marvel could just scrap Deadpool and do another superhero instead

Squirrel Girl anyone

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

WWDD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By WWDD

How will him taking another superhero role affect the Deadpool movie?  It's just another job.  Would this even come up if it was another romantic comedy instead?  The studio will get the film sorted and it'll happen when it happens and if it doesn't happen then Ryan playing GL would've had zero impact on it.  Films get dragged into production hell all the time.

Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@WWDD: I could still delay Deadpool. If he did take the role the film schedules could conflict also having him star in both films could stretch his fan base too thin.

It's not the same as romantic comedies at all.
    Agent355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Agent355

Reynolds fits the Deadpool role like a glove.  I was hoping that perhaps Bradley Cooper would get a shot at a leading role like GL, but oh well.  Maybe the Green Lantern movie will slow things down, but I doubt it.  Deadpool's very popular right now in the comics, so why wouldn't Marvel want to throw a bunch of money at it and try to make a movie?

Plus it's interesting to consider that he may or may not take the role.  James Purefoy was originally cast as V for the V for Vendetta movie, but later dropped out and was replaced by Hugo Weaving (who did a fantastic job).  So who knows if anything is set in stone.  We'll just have to wait and see.

Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Agent355: that's what I've been saying. I'm waiting for an official statement from Warner brothers or Reynolds' agent. Variety might have gotten wrong too.
    good_omen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By good_omen
    @Abnormally Warm Guy
    " @Vance Astro: agreed. Or at least have him play flash. That seems more up his alley. Green Lantern is too stoic for Reynolds. "
    Reynolds as Wally West could be awesome.
    WWDD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By WWDD
    @Abnormally Warm Guy: Each studio has to get themselves in order.  An actor is not going to wait around while they figure themselves out.  The schedule is up to them, not him.  If he takes another movie them they'll just have to wait until it wraps.  It happens all the time.  I don't see how him taking the GL role will stretch his fan base too thin.  If you are a fan of Reynold's you go see all his movies.  If you are a fan of GL then you just go and see that movie or you boycott it and whine about casting choices. 

If anything is impacting the Deadpool film it's Fox.  Do they even have a script yet?
    Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@WWDD: If you have too many movies with one person in it coming out to close to eachother the fan base f the actor might dwindle. It's happened to a lot of high end actors (Nicalos Cage with Wicker Man and Lord of War, or Tom Cruise with Minority Report and Collateral, the second of each of those listed movies should have done a lot better because people like those actors (or did at the time) but people didn't want to spend more money on someone they just saw).

Also since it is a super hero movie people will associate Reynolds more tightly with the characters. Since Green Lantern will surely come out first many people will assocaite Reynolds with Green Lantern now (since he is a part in that movie then he was in Wolverine or even Blade a few years ago). But I don't know how exactly that would affect the box office gros of the film. It could help for all I know.
    nick deadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#25  Edited By nick deadpool
    1. i hope he dosent go to dc  if only mad coud stop dc
    WWDD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By WWDD
    @Abnormally Warm Guy: I see what your saying.  Then it wouldn't be his fan base that would suffer it would be the box office since the fans wouldn't go and see another of his films that soon.  
    Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@WWDD: exactly. It's a business thing.
    box turtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28  Edited By box turtle

Nothing is gonna be affected by the Green Lantern movie.  Robert Downey Jr. has managed to make two Iron Man movies despite Tropic Thunder, Sherlock Holmes, and The Soloist.  Anyway, the Deadpool film is in production--its gonna happen.
    This is a good thing.  It breaks all those stupid rules people say are there preventing people from playing two different comic book characters. 

Deadstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#29  Edited By Deadstroke

The only thing that the Green Lantern movie will do to the Deadpool movie is push it back a year. Marvel isn't going to release another superhero movie staring the same actor on the same year...it's too much competition.

I think Ryan should stick with Deadpool, I understand that he is a comic book fan and wants to star in a great comic book movie, and he knows that FOX won't make a GREAT comic book movie, if lucky only something good. Still he doesn't fit the role, I just can't see him as Green Lantern....

Sorry still don't see it....

Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Deadstroke:
    I agree 100%.
    jefprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By jefprice
    @Deadstroke said:
    " The only thing that the Green Lantern movie will do to the Deadpool movie is push it back a year. Marvel isn't going to release another superhero movie staring the same actor on the same year...it's too much competition.

I think Ryan should stick with Deadpool, I understand that he is a comic book fan and wants to star in a great comic book movie, and he knows that FOX won't make a GREAT comic book movie, if lucky only something good. Still he doesn't fit the role, I just can't see him as Green Lantern....

"
    Now see that photo, where ever you got it, sells me on it. I think he looks great. 

@Detective said: 
    " afetr hearing this news does any once else think a Deadpool film is getting less and less likely to happen? "
    Deadpool is supposed to be the priority according to RR. Also, Deadpool is green lit and he's signed the papers so it'll be coming 

LubeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By LubeMan
    @Deadstroke said:
    "The only thing that the Green Lantern movie will do to the Deadpool movie is push it back a year. Marvel isn't going to release another superhero movie staring the same actor on the same year...it's too much competition.

"

Is that pic for real? or photoshopped!
    Deadstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#33  Edited By Deadstroke
    @LubeMan: Photoshopped, its too early for an actual picture from the movie.
    LubeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By LubeMan

I more less figured that, but it did look really.....good/real..just thought i'd double check. thanx.  gotta admit, looks likes it's plucked right from a gil kane drawing/design.

Man of Lengend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#35  Edited By Man of Lengend

he will do both movie i have no doubt about that, you have to realize though in deadpool he will be scarred up and have a mmask on the whole time , the most we will see of him is flashbacks and stuff like that, after a while into  the movie all we will have is his voice too. so if he does green lantern its ok with me , and yeah more movies he does more profit for him i would do the same haa
    Venom-Hulker_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Venom-Hulker_1

Well looks like we have to turn to Itsjustsomerandomguy on this!
    *Turns*

Venom-Hulker_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Venom-Hulker_1
    @Deadstroke said:
    " The only thing that the Green Lantern movie will do to the Deadpool movie is push it back a year. Marvel isn't going to release another superhero movie staring the same actor on the same year...it's too much competition.

"
    that looks cool, he kind of reminds me of Ben Stiller in that pic for some reason.
    Maybe he'll get pumped up for Deadpool and GL..... maybe they'll have a cross over movie in 4 years where they're talking to each other about their movies...
    MrMiracle77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#38  Edited By MrMiracle77

The Deadpool movie isn't even remotely at risk.  Warner will get cold feet like they always do and pull the plug during pre production. 

Besides, there's already a movie called 'The Deadpool'.  And the quality of actors in it is rather surprising.

Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MrMiracle77: Do you not like Clint Eastwood?
    Avatar image for crimsoncomedian
    CrimsonComedian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By CrimsonComedian

No Caption Provided
    If they go with this type of costume design for the movie. All though Photoshopped - it would still work out really well. Doesn't look to comic book-like. Ryan's big, but if they're going for 90's style kind of thing - they'd want a bigger actor, but put Ryan's voice behind it. Kind of like that they did with Power Rangers.
    Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Statman: I thought so but I was just making sure.
    <the skull>

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#42  Edited By <the skull>

i know renolds plan hes going to purposely going to mess up the green lanter and then make an epic deadpool movie

Avatar image for ravaginghamster
    RavagingHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By RavagingHamster

Last i read Reynolds still wants to do DP, and that the studios are also letting him help with the storyline, meaning he will be watching for authenticity while simultaniously blending himself with DP, which shouldnt be hard since the role is almost tailored for him.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.