Follow

Deadpool

Character » Deadpool appears in 3316 issues.

Wade Wilson is a former test subject of the Weapon X program, where he received his regenerative healing factor through the scientific experiments conducted upon him. A prominent enemy, ally and later, member of X-Force. He's famous for breaking the Fourth Wall.

Ryan Reynolds Talks Cable And Deadpool

• 76 results
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
    No Caption Provided
    This week "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" opens.  We will get the long awaited appearance of Deadpool on the big screen.  Or perhaps we'll see him more as Wade Wilson rather than as Deadpool.  In the movie we will see him with Wolverine, Gambit, Sabretooth and the others.  With Deadpool's popularity these days, there's no way they can just let the character walk off into the sunset.  I have yet to see Reynolds fully in this role.  I don think he will be great as "Deadpool."

In a recent talk with MTV, Reynolds talked about future possibilities for the Merc with a Mouth.  He mentioned such characters as Black Tom and Cable as possible characters Deadpool could face off against.
    The ‘Deadpool/Cable’ stuff is great.  I’ve never really cast that character in my head. He’s such a complicated character.

I wish they would do a ‘Cable’ movie first, just to explain the guy.  And then they could do a ‘Deadpool vs. Cable’ kind of thing.

No Caption Provided
    It's good to hear that he has a handle on Deadpool and his relationship with Cable.  MTV went on the mention that the possibility of a Cable movie isn't too far off after Marvel announced they were looking for writers for movies.

Do you think a Cable & Deadpool movie could work?  Can you think of who would be perfect to play Cable?
    G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1  Edited By G'bandit

First Deadpool Spin off then we can talk Cable :P

But for Cable I think the dude that did Punisher War zone is perfect as in Look. He just need to dye his hair and there it is XD

Avatar image for high_revolutionary
    High Revolutionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

No Cable.  Please.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By warlock360

John Travolta give him a grey hair stroke and you got yourself your cable.

Shaggy90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Shaggy90
    SPOILERS

"Just back from the Hong Kong Premiere (Officially out on Wednesday). There was a ending with Wade Wilson, Not really Deadpool. We first see the nuclear plant shattered, in rubble. We see a hand, seemingly reaching for a head which is well hidden due to the palette.

Then, someone with a black coat similar to Sabertooth's, comes, kneels and pick up the head. The camera pans, we see Wade, with his head filled with wounds (he has a hood hiding most of it). As it pans, we hear "Who the hell (Or heck, not sure) are you?" We get a pan around at the "sunset". Though as it zooms out during the pan, we see the eyeballs of Weapon X turning to look at his body."

why is nobody talking about this?
    the Vica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By the Vica
    I think there's a ton of people who could pull off Cable, and while I'd love to see a Cable and Deadpool movie... I don't know how I'd feel about a Cable solo movie... Or come to think of it, Cable's character in the movies at all. For starters, there's not really any way they can introduce the proper version of him without time travel, and that's something all X-Movies so far have steered clear of... Also Cyclops and Jean both died in X3 without giving birth to Cable yet... So it's kind of impossible for him to even exist anymore. I think his history is far too complicated for regular, non-comic-collecting folk. What with all the clones and alternate futures and Apocalypse and techno-organic virus... No, much too complicated. Besides, he doesn't really have many major fans, and couldn't hold his own movie.
    Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Media_Master

Wait and see how Wolverine does first

themaskedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By themaskedhero

Cable & Deadpool? I'll see Wolverine first... but right now, no. I'd liked to see a Cable movie, but I feel like it's an X-movie. And they might want to take the Ultimate style to do it.

Rod12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By Rod12

Cable and Deadpool movie is a great idea but I rather see a Deadpool movie first.

biggkeem89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By biggkeem89

I don't think they should do "Cable and Deadpool". How would they explain who he is? Jean and Scott died in X3. Love the character but don't think it will work

Mutant X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Mutant X

A Cable and Deadpool movie would be awesome. They should do two films first, a Cable, and a Deadpool. Then find a way for them to meet.

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By dane
    biggkeem89 said:
    "I don't think they should do "Cable and Deadpool". How would they explain who he is? Jean and Scott died in X3. Love the character but don't think it will work"
    Well we didn't actually see Scott die and Jean Grey has been resurrected that many times, one more wouldn't matter. I think you'd have to introduce Cable at some point before making a Cable & Deadpool movie but yeah it could be awesome.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc7df6492da
    deactivated-5ffc7df6492da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

oh course deadpool is awesome and ryan reynolds is a freakin genius

superboy12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By superboy12

i know this sounds gay but brad pitt cause his voice reminds me of the guy who did cables voice in x men animated series

SUPER-MAN 23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 789

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By SUPER-MAN 23

First of all I think that the guy who is Wade is good. But I need to see if he laughs and makes jokes about his killing and as you all know his nick name is "A MERC WITH A MOUTH". Are there any actors that can stand up to D-pools kills. If they do think of making a real life D-pool movie they should have the similarity's as Deadpool here is Comic deadpool's info. The person should look almost like deadpool like muscles, killing jokes, stupidity, intellegance, awsome weapons, and always laughing. Because everyone in this whole entire comic book world has to love this Merc with a mouth. The person that should be Deadpool in a real life movie would have to be Christian Bale because he did a really good job as Batman. Besides he would look cool  fighting wolverine or some one in a Deadpool suit that would be really cool. He would have to be like Deadpools equal. Cable should be played by the guy who was punisher in punisher war zone if he just dyed his hair.  

From the Merc with a Mouth's Son Super-man 23 A.k.a Fire pool  

suuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By suuperman

My idea for a good Cable actor is.....Clint Eastwood, eh, eh eh?

Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

For some reason Alexis Denisoff just seems like the perfect Cable to me , I don't know why

Avatar image for the_crimson_nutcase
    The Crimson Nutcase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think Clint Eastwood would be a good cable unless he really buffed up for the role then MAYBE i could see it. Also another thing is for Marve & Dc movies i like it when not so famous actors come on to the spot. Like Robert Downey jr did for Iron Man, he made a good come back.
    ALSO i would NOT want to see Christian Bale as Deadpool, imo i think Reynolds is perfect.
    But for Cable for some reason i think Bruce Willis could do it...
    But Fox would have to do some explaining of him, with the all the s@!t that happened in X3....

Meteorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#18  Edited By Meteorite

Deadpool v.s. Cable would be good.

captaincrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By captaincrew

Ive been wondering where the x men movies would go. Id like to see cable and bishope in a movie, they have to start sticking to the comics more because its getting harder to watch. Deadpool hells yea he should get his own movie, Deadpool maybe team up with Taskmaster. Then Cable and Deadpool could face off.

Avatar image for ultimatedeadpool
    DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DEADPOOL

I would like Cable to appear in the Deadpool movie, it would be fun.

Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Mr. Wilson

It might work but I think both would need one movie under their belt first.  It could end up like Freddy vs. Jason.   Which I don't want.

DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By DEADPOOL
    Mr. Wilson said:
    "It might work but I think both would need one movie under their belt first.  It could end up like Freddy vs. Jason.   Which I don't want."
    I don't see why. The (first 2)  X-Men movies worked out very well with all the characters, and Wolverine's movie probably is aswell. Like Cable said in Messiah War, his and Deadpool's fates are intertwined, I think a movie with them would be smooth, especially since we got Deadpool's origin out of the way.

And uh, you know Freddy and Jason both have their own movies, right?
    Vindellavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23  Edited By Vindellavon

Deadpool? Cable? Yes, please.

Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Mr. Wilson
    DEADPOOL said:
    "Mr. Wilson said:
    "It might work but I think both would need one movie under their belt first.  It could end up like Freddy vs. Jason.   Which I don't want."
    I don't see why. The (first 2)  X-Men movies worked out very well with all the characters, and Wolverine's movie probably is aswell. Like Cable said in Messiah War, his and Deadpool's fates are intertwined, I think a movie with them would be smooth, especially since we got Deadpool's origin out of the way.And uh, you know Freddy and Jason both have their own movies, right?"
    Yes I was stating I don't want the crossover to suck.  lol
    Dark Comet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Dark Comet

First of all I saw  Wolverine Origins Online. At  the end Deadpool's head is chopped off. What's even stupider is that in the movie they combine other mutants powers and he get's all of them. Even weirder his face isn't scared , he's just bald, and their skin over his mouth. Isn't deadpool the merc with a mouth.

Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Mr. Wilson
    Dark Comet said:
    "First of all I saw  Wolverine Origins Online. At  the end Deadpool's head is chopped off. What's even stupider is that in the movie they combine other mutants powers and he get's all of them. Even weirder his face isn't scared , he's just bald, and their skin over his mouth. Isn't deadpool the merc with a mouth."

I hope that version is messed up.
    DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By DEADPOOL
    Mr. Wilson said:
    "DEADPOOL said:
    "Mr. Wilson said:
    I don't see why. The (first 2)  X-Men movies worked out very well with all the characters, and Wolverine's movie probably is aswell. Like Cable said in Messiah War, his and Deadpool's fates are intertwined, I think a movie with them would be smooth, especially since we got Deadpool's origin out of the way.And uh, you know Freddy and Jason both have their own movies, right?"
    Yes I was stating I don't want the crossover to suck.  lol"
    Ahh, ok. But like Freddy vs. Jason showed, Cable and Deadpool could have a dozen movies each and it wouldn't make it better.
    Mutant X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Mutant X
    SUPER-MAN 23 said:
    "First of all I think that the guy who is Wade is good. But I need to see if he laughs and makes jokes about his killing and as you all know his nick name is "A MERC WITH A MOUTH". Are there any actors that can stand up to D-pools kills. If they do think of making a real life D-pool movie they should have the similarity's as Deadpool here is Comic deadpool's info. The person should look almost like deadpool like muscles, killing jokes, stupidity, intellegance, awsome weapons, and always laughing. Because everyone in this whole entire comic book world has to love this Merc with a mouth. The person that should be Deadpool in a real life movie would have to be Christian Bale because he did a really good job as Batman. Besides he would look cool  fighting wolverine or some one in a Deadpool suit that would be really cool. He would have to be like Deadpools equal. Cable should be played by the guy who was punisher in punisher war zone if he just dyed his hair.  
    From the Merc with a Mouth's Son Super-man 23 A.k.a Fire pool  

"
    Christian Bale as Deadpool?? NO WAY. Ryan Reynolds is perfect. But if they need to get another person to play Deadpool, I'd say Sean WIlliam Scott wouldn't do bad.

And I just can't see Ray Stevenson playing Cable. Well, maybe if he got taller. And buffer.
    DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By DEADPOOL

Christian Bale is Batman and Ray Stevenson is Punisher. That's the way it should stay.

Avatar image for high_revolutionary
    High Revolutionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't see the new one, was Stevenson a good Punisher?

Avatar image for abnormally_warm_guy
    Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Legally I on't think Christian Bale can play Deadpool not that I think he should.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#32  Edited By Darkchild

I really want to see a Cable vs Deadpool movie would be hilarious.

geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#33  Edited By geraldthesloth

Can Cable be Dane Cook?

Avatar image for the_crimson_nutcase
    The Crimson Nutcase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay can someone plz tell me how to insert a pic into this comment box i keep trying to but it wont work?

Kent84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Kent84

Ryan Reynolds can play a couple different heroes, and deadpool is one of them. But I kinda have mixed feelings bout a Deadpool movie.  How can you make him out to be a hero, a hero to put out there with his own movie.  Mixing in Cable may be a decent idea but I think there may be a better way too bring him too broadcast him.

Falcon9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Falcon9

I gotta agree 100% with G' bandit!!!

Avatar image for kevinthegamer94
    kevinthegamer94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By kevinthegamer94

deadpool just needs to get a mask 'cause shouldn't he be horribly scarred

animalmother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By animalmother

I'd like to see Kurt Russell as Cable. I think that'd be pretty badass.

EganTheVile1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 52

#39  Edited By EganTheVile1

They kind of hinted at Deadpool and Gambit spinoffs in an interview on G4 today, with Venom getting his own movie this doesnt shock me at all

batpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By batpool

Micky Rourke as Cable. Bishop better be in it too! Get someone good to play Bishop though. Like.....Denzel Washington. He could do it. And and and Forge played by..........

I think I'm getting a little to into this...

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#41  Edited By Zoom

Cable, as a character, is too intertwined in continuity.

He's Cyclops and Jean's son, sent to the future to cure him of the technovirus Apocalypse (or was it Strife?) put in him.  The problem is that Cyclops and Jean are both dead and Apocalypse doesn't exist in marvel movie continuity. 

Even if they were all there and fine, it would take the understanding of three other character to understand Cable.  He isn't Spider-Man where all you need to understand is Spider-Man and everything else comes from him.  He isn't Superman or Batman or Storm where they had an origin and grew up and became a superhero.  Cable needs this huge sweeping story to exist and its just not gonna happen on the big screen.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#42  Edited By Ferro Vida

I really think the average movie-goer isn't smart enough, or has a long enough attention span, for a story as long an complex as Cable's. The only way I can see a Cable movie working is if they do a bit of serious retconning to the whole thing, and if they did do that then they would basically rip out the thing that makes Cable great: He isn't straight forward or simple because he isn't supposed to be.

If they did make a Cable movie (as companies have been known to do in the past with such characters), I would say Bruce Willis can do it. He has the acting talent, the look, the experience, and I personally think he could pull it off.

comicguy1215

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By comicguy1215

Make a Deadpool movie then make a cable movie with a cameo by deadpool at the end like they did in The Incredible Hulk

DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By DEADPOOL
    animalmother said:
    "I'd like to see Kurt Russell as Cable. I think that'd be pretty badass."
    Isn't Kurt Russell withering away from cancer? Otherwise, he'd be cool.
    hhneville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By hhneville

David Morse as Cable and I'd buy it.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#46  Edited By xerox_kitty
    hhneville said:
    "David Morse as Cable and I'd buy it."
    I second that!  He probably wouldn't want to do it, but I think he'd be great!
    Skellex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Skellex

Gotta love Ryan Reynolds :D

Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shaggy90 said:
    "SPOILERS

"Just back from the Hong Kong Premiere (Officially out on Wednesday). There was a ending with Wade Wilson, Not really Deadpool. We first see the nuclear plant shattered, in rubble. We see a hand, seemingly reaching for a head which is well hidden due to the palette.

Then, someone with a black coat similar to Sabertooth's, comes, kneels and pick up the head. The camera pans, we see Wade, with his head filled with wounds (he has a hood hiding most of it). As it pans, we hear "Who the hell (Or heck, not sure) are you?" We get a pan around at the "sunset". Though as it zooms out during the pan, we see the eyeballs of Weapon X turning to look at his body."

why is nobody talking about this?
    "
    No ones talking about it because it's not true.
    Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zoom said:
    "Cable, as a character, is too intertwined in continuity.He's Cyclops and Jean's son, sent to the future to cure him of the technovirus Apocalypse (or was it Strife?) put in him.  The problem is that Cyclops and Jean are both dead and Apocalypse doesn't exist in marvel movie continuity.  Even if they were all there and fine, it would take the understanding of three other character to understand Cable.  He isn't Spider-Man where all you need to understand is Spider-Man and everything else comes from him.  He isn't Superman or Batman or Storm where they had an origin and grew up and became a superhero.  Cable needs this huge sweeping story to exist and its just not gonna happen on the big screen."
    That's a great point I never thought of that.
    DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By DEADPOOL

Maybe Deadpool's movie can revolve around Cable and Apocalypse, since Deadpool's origin is already out of the way. Deadpool will play a big role in their battle.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.