Follow

Deadpool

Character » Deadpool appears in 3319 issues.

Wade Wilson is a former test subject of the Weapon X program, where he received his regenerative healing factor through the scientific experiments conducted upon him. A prominent enemy, ally and later, member of X-Force. He's famous for breaking the Fourth Wall.

Ryan Reynolds talks about Deadpool Movie

Avatar image for bobagentofhydra
    bobagentofhydra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By bobagentofhydra

It's been a while since we heard anything official on " Deadpool," the planned solo movie of Marvel's mouthy mercenary as played Ryan Reynolds.

At this week's CinemaCon, MTV News asked Reynolds for an update on the project — and an answer as to whether fans should keep holding their breath for Deadpool's return to the big screen.

"Worry not," Reynolds told MTV News. "I want it to happen. I just feel like when it does happen, it has to be done the exact right way. I've been a part of it for way, way too long, and it has to be done extremely well."

"There's a lot I could say about it right now, but there are moving parts that I really want to see to fruition and I want to see them happen, so I don't want to get into and put the cart before the horse," he added. "So we'll see."

However, Reynolds was quick to indicate that the delays aren't due to any problems with the script. In fact, the screenplay by "Zombieland" writers Rhett Reese Paul Wernick is, well... "perfect."

"The script is exactly where I want it to be," he said. "[The script is], tonally speaking, perfect."

While Reynolds' comments don't seem to indicate that the "Deadpool" movie is any closer to happening, it's nice to know that the script is in good shape — so if all else fails, we can read it and imagine how awesome the movie could be! *sigh*    

Chaos Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Chaos Burn

just got on with the movie already!

Dark Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Dark Cell

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.