Ryan Reynolds: "Deadpool beats Wolverine"

• 167 results
Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio
Ever since Warner Brothers wrapped up shooting the Green Lantern movie in New Orleans, people have been wondering when Ryan Reynolds will take on his next superhero project (as he promised) a Deadpool movie. While The Los Angeles Times didn't manage to ask that particular question of Reynolds in an interview, they did ask him something just as good. Who would win in a fight, Deadpool or Wolverine?

“Deadpool could beat Wolverine any day. I know it, you know it. Hugh Jackman knows it.”

This is probably a question that a lot of you guys have debated quite a bit, but I will ask you again, who would win? I mean, you can't actually kill Deadpool, right? And Wolverine is capable of regenerating- so who would win? Prove Ryan Reynolds wrong, (or right) and give us your arguments below!
#1 Posted by Jolt92 (174 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine wins. That's it.

#2 Posted by CaptainUseless (730 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm. I think Wolverine would win. Just barely.

#3 Posted by ccrosby (71 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jolt92: I second that
#4 Edited by atomicrobo5 (69 posts) - - Show Bio

It will come down to who makes the first mistake and Deadpool just can not shut up...so Wolverine will win..and then he kicks him while he is down just to prove a point.

#5 Posted by conformist21 (413 posts) - - Show Bio

wolverine, come on man,
if it's ryan reynolds vs hugh jackman,
that's another thing,

#6 Edited by EdwardWindsor (14400 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine wins the fights but loses the war due to Wade being unable to die fulltime, which Logan certainly can.

#7 Posted by countvontrey (419 posts) - - Show Bio

I love how he's basically saying "I will pwn Hugh Jackman."

#8 Posted by roboticjesus (71 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool is probably the better fighter, but I think it would come down to whether or not Deadpool's better healing factor would give him the edge over Wolverines claws.

#9 Posted by thegentlemanrogue (722 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't Reynolds also say he wasn't sure who would win if Deadpool and Green Lantern fought? I'm worried about your geek cred Reynolds, both Wolverine and Green Lantern, would stomp 'Pool.

#10 Edited by Hellos (8898 posts) - - Show Bio

You tell em Reynolds. :D lol. 

#11 Posted by the ace of knaves (402 posts) - - Show Bio

actually, in the comics, deadpool has won more fights against wolverine. i think he's like 6-4 up.

and reynolds said green lantern would obliterate deadpool in a fight. but in a wise ass contest deadpool would stomp him.

#12 Posted by gui22 (383 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool is the best!

#13 Posted by ShirEPanjshir (587 posts) - - Show Bio

In a straight up fight, Wolverine would probably beat Deadpool. Of course counting in Deadpool's better healing factor and his curse of immortality, you can assume that Deadpool will keep on coming back. I'd guess they'd stalemate.

#14 Posted by Gawdzilla (376 posts) - - Show Bio

How bout who would win: Jackman or Reynolds?

#15 Posted by GT-Man (4054 posts) - - Show Bio

After a long bloody battle Yes
#16 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah I gotta go with Deadpool. Although the fight would drag on and on, he'd probably take the cake. 

#17 Posted by Vance Astro (91110 posts) - - Show Bio

To be perfectly honest the only reason I think Deadpool have ever been able to hang with Wolverine is because as part of the Weapon X program he fits in the Wolverine's story line.Wolverine has so many advantages over Deadpool it's ridiculous.The biggest one if fighting skill.Deadpool shouldn't be anywhere near Wolverine's level in that area and if you look at both characters histories and what Wolverine has been able to do in combat in comparison you will see there is no comparison.Wolverine has beaten most of the characters Deadpool has fought alot easier too.Not to mention all the fighting styles he's mastered, all the other good fighters that owe their fighting skill prowess to his training and so on and so forth.He is to the X-men what Cap is to the Avengers.Remember in Civil War when there was that flashback where Cap stomped Hawkeye and told him that he was going to make him  a good fighter so that he doesn't have to rely so much on his bow and he trained all the Avengers.That's Wolverine for the X-men,he's trained alot of members to be better fighters even if it's just a small step up from where they were.

#18 Posted by <the skull> (265 posts) - - Show Bio

where is it stated that deadpools healing factor is stronger then wolverine?
#19 Posted by Doctor!!!!! (2055 posts) - - Show Bio

Deapool is the comic version of Bettie White... 
You love some times, than it becomes adnausium...
#20 Posted by Vance Astro (91110 posts) - - Show Bio
@ said:
" where is it stated that deadpools healing factor is stronger then wolverine? "
I don't think it's stated anywhere.He probably just has better healing factor feats.
#21 Posted by Bruce Vain (1869 posts) - - Show Bio

This would probably just be a draw , due to their healing factors.
#22 Posted by pinchpaker29 (470 posts) - - Show Bio

Jackman and Reynolds should have been on Celebrity Deathmatch!

#23 Posted by thegentlemanrogue (722 posts) - - Show Bio
@the ace of knaves said:

" actually, in the comics, deadpool has won more fights against wolverine. i think he's like 6-4 up. and reynolds said green lantern would obliterate deadpool in a fight. but in a wise ass contest deadpool would stomp him. "

http://movies.ign.com/articles/112/1121756p1.html

"I don't know, that's a good question! I don't know who would win in a fight, and that's a question I'm just not going to answer, but there was no choosing one over the other, it was just I was presented with a very special opportunity and I just jumped at it." 

Also Deadpool only has three wins over Wolverine. One win when Wolverine didn't have a healing factor, one win where Deadpool had one sided prep time and one win where Deadpool had one sided prep time again.... and Wolverine also threw the fight. He also shot him and Bishop from behind once in Cable and Deadpool.
#24 Posted by Thunderscream (1809 posts) - - Show Bio

let's have reynolds and jackman fight it out.....naked.... ;)

#25 Posted by <the skull> (265 posts) - - Show Bio
@Thunderscream said:
"let's have reynolds and jackman fight it out.....naked.... ;) "

you had better be a girl
#26 Posted by fedspaz (62 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be the perpetual war... with the battles going to either side, but the war always continuing.

#27 Posted by cloak (16 posts) - - Show Bio

WOLVERINE! The best their is at what Deadpool does, too. Nuff said!

#28 Posted by cloak (16 posts) - - Show Bio
@: @ said:
" where is it stated that deadpools healing factor is stronger then wolverine? "
we know that wolverine's healing factor was weakened since he got all of his soul back. deadpool got his healing factor from wolverine when wolverine was at his "healing best". so we can assume that deadpools healing factor is stronger than logans NOW. plus if wolvie dies, he cant come back like deadpool can
#29 Edited by csimon (2110 posts) - - Show Bio
@cloak said:
"WOLVERINE! The best their is at what Deadpool does, too. Nuff said! "
Well said

Logan hands down
#30 Posted by Om1kron (1170 posts) - - Show Bio

Simple, I kill Ryan Reynolds. 
 Deadpool doesn't exist now, 
????????
keep Scarlett Johansen all for myself
Profit

#31 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (81 posts) - - Show Bio

In a fight between Wolverine and Deadpool, I'm gonna bet on Deadpool.  In a fight between Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman, I'm going to bet on John McGinley.  

#32 Posted by Grim (2079 posts) - - Show Bio

i feel like Deadpools teleportation and lack of sanity gives him an uber advantage. That and he's agile as a mo-fo, while Wolvie has just come to terms with pain...

#33 Posted by Cezar_TheScribe (2614 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by The Impersonator (4994 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine kicks ass.
#35 Posted by <the skull> (265 posts) - - Show Bio
@cloak:
but with the adimantium it equils out
#36 Posted by cmaprice (809 posts) - - Show Bio
@ said:
" @Thunderscream said:
you had better be a girl "
Why? I'm straight, but can admit they're both rather good looking men. If I were into dudes, I'd probably want to see them in the buff, too.

Regardless of Thunderscream's gender, there is absolutely nothing wrong with ogling adult celebrities.
#37 Posted by <the skull> (265 posts) - - Show Bio
@cmaprice:
you right im sorry i just dont want to pitcher then nude
#38 Posted by The Psyentist (16362 posts) - - Show Bio
@ShirEPanjshir said:
" In a straight up fight, Wolverine would probably beat Deadpool. Of course counting in Deadpool's better healing factor and his curse of immortality, you can assume that Deadpool will keep on coming back. I'd guess they'd stalemate. "
That's kind of what I think...Wolverine seems like he'd win, he's more serious...but Deadpool is pretty much immortal...Wolverine might win a fight, but might not win in the end.
#39 Posted by Man of Lengend (1001 posts) - - Show Bio

hahaha how many times does DP have to be on par or beat wolverine like seriously. for people to give the guy credit .  

he beat him the first time they met in wolverine 88. he beat him in the annual agian.. ... a few isuues down the line in wolverine i think it was 156 and 157 was a draw for both issues.  . and then in wolverine origins he beat wolverine agian 

mr Ryenolds is correct

#40 Posted by Cezar_TheScribe (2614 posts) - - Show Bio
@ said:
"@Thunderscream said:
you had better be a girl "

I agree.    

#41 Posted by thegentlemanrogue (722 posts) - - Show Bio
@Man of Lengend said:
" hahaha how many times does DP have to be on par or beat wolverine like seriously. for people to give the guy credit .   he beat him the first time they met in wolverine 88. he beat him in the annual agian.. ... a few isuues down the line in wolverine i think it was 156 and 157 was a draw for both issues.  . and then in wolverine origins he beat wolverine agian   mr Ryenolds is correct "
In 88 Wolverine didn't have a healing factor. In the annual Wolverine kicked Deadpool's ass until Wade tackled him through a sky light and then they stopped fighting because a werewolf showed up. In 154 DP had one sided prep time. 155 was a draw I guess but it was barely a fight. In Wolverine Origins Wolverine hired Deadppol to beat him and took a fall to lure Daken into the open... and he still spent most of that fight embarrassing Deadpool in melee. Wade has never been a match for Wolverine in straight up fight, he needs prep or other outside circumstances to be a contender.
#42 Posted by Heretic175 (17 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool is up in the books like 6-4 so he wins 60% of the time
#43 Edited by Wingfoot (98 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi ! 

Anyone can beat Wolverine... with a good writer ! 

Hihane washte
#44 Posted by Jotham (4564 posts) - - Show Bio

If Deadpool actually wanted to beat Wolverine, I'd give him the advantage. It would be very dependent on circumstances, though.

#45 Posted by Edamame (27944 posts) - - Show Bio

It depends who gets knocked out first.  The both of them can't due, due to their healing factors.

#46 Edited by Pizawle (1074 posts) - - Show Bio

Theoretically, Deadpool could somehow deliver enough sheer damage to kill Wolverine, while no matter what Logan does, he could never truly end Deadpool. 

But it is a silly argument.

#47 Posted by Dr. Detfink (460 posts) - - Show Bio

I seem to remember Deadpool losing his head last Wolverine movie? This isn't even close. Deadpool survives because people underestimate him. Wolverine won't do that.

#48 Posted by StriderNo9 (104 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine would claw his eyes out. 

#49 Posted by Dark Cell (447 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with my Reynolds on this one

#50 Posted by Man of Lengend (1001 posts) - - Show Bio

DP

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.