One serious deadpool story arc

#1 Posted by Haustyl12 (179 posts) - - Show Bio

I like deadpool even though he's being overused and fanboys are always complaining about why joe kelly isn't in the deadpooliverse. Anyway I want to see a story arc where deadpool is more serious. I mean not 100% serious but just not over the top stupid unfunny jokes. Maybe make Deadpool a little like Spider-man where he's serious but would still crack a joke. Do you get what I mean?

#2 Posted by ndragonartist (7 posts) - - Show Bio

serious huh? well check out The circle chase and Deadpool issues 1-4 (year 1994). second one is where he first meets siren if that helps ya find it. other wise i say look at old stuff for story archs or look for individual issues and see what you can find. some individual issues he's serious.
#3 Posted by Man of Lengend (1019 posts) - - Show Bio

Just get (Deadpool classics vol1 TPB) very good and more serious of a character

#4 Posted by fodigg (6209 posts) - - Show Bio

deadpool's popularity has made it more difficult for character development to stick. he's effectively in stasis right now.

#5 Posted by tim2081 (521 posts) - - Show Bio

He actually gets very serious in a couple issues of Uncanny X-Force.

#6 Posted by ndragonartist (7 posts) - - Show Bio

true to the uncanny comment. also check out really deadpool classics vol 1-5. serious through most of them now that i think about it. out side of uncanny x-force he's rarly serious  these days. miss old stuff though two voices adds to things now when he is serious.
#7 Posted by Rosencrantz&Guildenstern (299 posts) - - Show Bio
@Haustyl12: Funny that you're so upset with the "fanboys" complaining for Kelly not writing the series anymore. He's written some of the best serious Deadpool moments.
#8 Posted by Haustyl12 (179 posts) - - Show Bio
@Rosencrantz&Guildenstern: Bad choice of words its just that I'm tired of people complaining about deadpool comics and yet they're still reading it
#9 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (14899 posts) - - Show Bio
@Haustyl12 said:
@Rosencrantz&Guildenstern: Bad choice of words its just that I'm tired of people complaining about deadpool comics and yet they're still reading it
And i am sick and tired of people use the word fanboy for people dont think thwe saem that the rest and not using for people who cant think for themselves. 
That and flamewars.
#10 Posted by _Zombie_ (10551 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd look into Deadpool Pulp.  It has his humor(not as much, but it's still evident).  It's in a noir-ish setting, so it's fairly serious.  He doesn't seem to have powers, so if you only like him for the powers, then you might want to tune out.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.