More Good Deadpool News From Ryan Reynolds

Posted by G-Man (34125 posts) - - Show Bio

Now that some time has passed, I've been able to accept what was done to the character they tried calling "Deadpool" in "X-Men Origins: Wolverine."  Sure, when it comes to Hollywood adapted movies, you have to be willing to have some give-and-take when it comes to changes being made on characters.  While I'm still unclear what the exact reason was to...evolve the Wade Wilson character in such a way, there was still the parts in the beginning we can hold onto.  That and the little 'teaser' at the end (on some prints of the movie). 

Ryan Reynolds has always been pretty vocal about wanting to bring the character to the big screen the proper way.  In a recent interview with IGN, he mentions how some things were just out of his control.  Despite what could be called a disaster with the character, he is still determined to make us proud.
But I'm really happy, in these early talks, that the studio is as obsessed with making it as close to the comic book source material as possible. And that's all I really needed to hear. Cuz I will husk-f*@k a herd of cattle to bring Wade Wilson to life as the real deal.

That's some dedication right there.

A question that may have been on the mind of Deadpool fans waiting for a true Deadpool movie was also addressed.  How can we get the comic book version of Deadpool after the horrifying deeds that were bestowed upon poor Wade?  In other words, how will this fit in or tie into the Wolverine movie?
Without saying too much, I can't imagine that there's gonna be any tie-in to the Wolverine movie at all.

Best thing I've heard all day.  Well, besides my daughter saying "I love you" when she was off to school this morning.
Staff
#1 Posted by the Vica (1967 posts) - - Show Bio

I love you too G-Man ;D

But this is awesome news!

Unfortunately, I can't help but remember Reynolds saying similar crap before Wolverine came out...
#2 Posted by Akira Overdrive (10077 posts) - - Show Bio

Swwwwwweeeeeeeeeeet.

#3 Posted by G-Man (34125 posts) - - Show Bio
the Vica said:
I love you too G-Man ;DBut this is awesome news!Unfortunately, I can't help but remember Reynolds saying similar crap before ... [more]
Thanks!

This is what he said before the first quote:
We're just trying to get it right. There's so many variables to play. It's tough because when you have a character like Deadpool, to the greatest extent of your power, you want to bring as much authenticity to that character as possible. And by "authenticity," I don't mean that you'd want to make him somebody that you'd have a Starbucks coffee with, I mean that you want to make him as close to the comics as possible. And there's nothing that I wouldn't do to make sure that ends up on film, but sometimes things are out of your control, things that you can't change.

If he's the "star" of this movie, he should have more say in what happens.  It sounds like he's trying to say it's not going to be as bad as what we saw in Wolverine.
Staff
#4 Posted by deathswitch (475 posts) - - Show Bio
the Vica said:
I love you too G-Man ;DBut this is awesome news!Unfortunately, I can't help but remember Reynolds saying similar crap before ... [more]
yeah but that was wolverine, this is his movie
#5 Posted by blade hunter (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

good news looking forward 2 it.
G-man rocks

#6 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio

WOOHOO

#7 Posted by G'bandit (13689 posts) - - Show Bio

Reynolds for president :D

#8 Edited by War Killer (20206 posts) - - Show Bio
G'bandit said:
Reynolds for president :D

He's got my vote! This is going to rock!!!

#9 Posted by mattydeNero (526 posts) - - Show Bio

Good, I was hoping there would be NO tie in what-so-ever to the Wolverine flick.  Looks like it was just another day in the life of Wade Wilson.  Can't wait for more and more details.

#10 Posted by War Killer (20206 posts) - - Show Bio

He could use the Wolverine movie as a joke in his "Resl" Movie Lol! I can see Wade making fun of himself

#11 Posted by Decept-O (7277 posts) - - Show Bio

The cattle reference.....dare I attempt to quote it?  I'll refrain...but Bwaa Haa Haa!! 

Has he been watching the farmers and Cornhusker fans in Nebraska?  It's what they do for entertainment on Saturday night. 

#12 Posted by Mutant X (1543 posts) - - Show Bio

This is awesome news!!

#13 Posted by Dr. Maxwell (661 posts) - - Show Bio

awesome news, at first i was thinking how could this be done as a PG-13 movie, but after thinking about today's PG-13 standard I'm not worried at all

#14 Posted by Namor1987 (1889 posts) - - Show Bio

In my mind Ryan Reynolds is the physical embodiement of Deadpool. Like he really is like what DP woud be if DP were to come to life. Kinda like Heath Ledger with the Joker

#15 Posted by Daredevilfan182 (131 posts) - - Show Bio

Sweet. Im so glad to see Reynolds so passionate about Deadpool. Alot of actors go 'oh, Iv been readin comics since a kid, but you could tell thats total BS. I hope he gets his wish and have more control of the direction they take Deadpool in the next movie.

#16 Posted by MercenaryX (249 posts) - - Show Bio

It has begun good comic book movies, and it starts with Deadpool.

#17 Posted by Venom=sickest (143 posts) - - Show Bio

Very good news. I am somewhat relieved.

#18 Posted by Detective (524 posts) - - Show Bio

i love the passion Ryan Reynolds has to make the character as true to the source as possible

#19 Posted by Chaos Agent (2150 posts) - - Show Bio

ok that they are already rebooting that Deadpool fiasco when the movie hasn't been cut down from theaters should tell you a lot about that change

#20 Posted by War Killer (20206 posts) - - Show Bio

Go Deadpool it's you birthday! Go Deadpool it's your birthday! Go Deadpool it's your birthday! Go Deadpool it's your birthday!

#21 Posted by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

Its great that Ryan is on our side!

#22 Posted by CommanderWhiskey (8 posts) - - Show Bio

This news has made my day. Reynolds was always the perfect choice for Deadpool and I think I'm speaking for alot of people when I say that.

Here's wishing that the screenplay doesnt suck

#23 Posted by the Vica (1967 posts) - - Show Bio
G-Man said:
the Vica said: I love you too G-Man ;DBut this is awesome news!Unfortunately, I can't help but remember Reynolds saying ... [more]
Well that's made all my bad vibes disappear :P

Like Detective said, it's the passion that he has to get the character right that is so great... And now that it's HIS movie, he can do that.
#24 Posted by War Killer (20206 posts) - - Show Bio
the Vica said:
G-Man said: the Vica said: I love you too G-Man ;DBut this is awesome news!Unfortunately, I can't help but remember ... [more]
I'm still wondering about that cow!
#25 Posted by Fresh Prince (5148 posts) - - Show Bio
Isn't Deadpool going to have some new power for the movie?
#26 Posted by War Killer (20206 posts) - - Show Bio
Fresh Prince said:
Isn't Deadpool going to have some new power for the movie?
No, if they go by the comics he hould just have his Healing Factor, and I bet Wesal will be in the movie so he'll probably make Deadpool a telaporter device thingymejig
#27 Edited by Fresh Prince (5148 posts) - - Show Bio
War Killer said:
Fresh Prince said: Isn't Deadpool going to have some new power for the movie? No, if they go by the ... [more]
But it was announced before that he would be able to absorb the powers of dead mutants or something like that.
#28 Posted by War Killer (20206 posts) - - Show Bio
Fresh Prince said:
War Killer said: Fresh Prince said: Isn't Deadpool going to have some new power for the movie? No, if they ... [more]
Huh, Where'd you hear that?
#29 Posted by Fresh Prince (5148 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio

Awww, your daughter seems tooo cute!

#31 Posted by SUPER-MAN 23 (2059 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer said:
War Killer said:
Go Deadpool it's you birthday! Go Deadpool it's your birthday! Go Deadpool it's your birthday! Go Deadpool it's your birthday! [more]
This is going to be good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#32 Posted by LastSon1027 (516 posts) - - Show Bio

WAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOO LOVE IT!

#33 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder why the studios are starting to listen to him?  Like, is it contractual, or did they read the negative fan feedback after Wolverine, or were they inspired by Iron Man, or did they just enjoy reading Deadpool comics???

Otherwise... fan-effing-tastic!!

#34 Posted by Bullseye1930 (74 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is everyone talking about a Wolverine movie? There was no Wolverine movie or a 3rd X-men movie for that matter.

#35 Posted by NightFang (10061 posts) - - Show Bio
YES!!!!!
#36 Posted by camodude (193 posts) - - Show Bio

this is completely awesome i hope "Rochambeau!" is included!

#37 Posted by Abnormally Warm Guy (1297 posts) - - Show Bio

There have been updates since then.

#38 Posted by MercenaryX (249 posts) - - Show Bio
Bullseye1930 said:
Why is everyone talking about a Wolverine movie? There was no Wolverine movie or a 3rd X-men movie for that ... [more]
LOL

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.