Follow

Deadpool

Character » Deadpool appears in 3332 issues.

Wade Wilson is a former test subject of the Weapon X program, where he received his regenerative healing factor through the scientific experiments conducted upon him. A prominent enemy, ally and later, member of X-Force. He's famous for breaking the Fourth Wall.

Merc with a mouth to end at issue 13

Avatar image for abnormally_warm_guy
    Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 1

Marvel has just announced that issue 13 will be Deadpool: The Merc with a Mouth's final issue. I guess the marvel execs finally started listening. But this begs to ask, why not just make Deadpool Corp a continuation of Merc with a Mouth.

I know I'm going to miss those awesome covers but other then that I'm fine with this book getting canceled. I assume Team up will be the next to go. And who knows what will become of Deadpool Corp.

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I kind of figured as much, actually i called this. Marvel cashed in but i didnt think Deadpool
    could maintain that many books for long. looks like Corps will be the continuation, at least for awhile.
    Sucks though, i thought this was one of the better books, the last issue made me choke laughing.
    I'd rather it had been Team-Up to be honest, that one has been pretty inadequate.

Riding Ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Riding Ghost

Sad. I'm not a Deadpool fan, but I started buying Merc because of the Marvel Zombie connection and loved it. Sucks to see it go. but it was a $2.99 book, so I guess it was only a matter of time. The team on the book was perfect. R.I.P.

RG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By 123422

Real shame, great book, awesome covers.
    But yeah, 4 ongoings for 1 character? one of 'em gotta go sometime or another.

Avatar image for ultimatedeadpool
    DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DEADPOOL

MWAM had a weak start but it's getting into it's groove. This is a shame. 

I'm kind of surprised, but not really. On one hand, I think these are too many series for any character. On the other hand, I'm surprised that they're canceling MWAM and making Deadpool Corps an on-going instead of a mini-series.

I hope Bong Dazo draws Lady Deadpool at some point.

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#6  Edited By The Lobster

It's sad seeing the best book out of the three ongoing series being canceled. 

Now I don't know what series to pick up....I guess Deadpool Corps seems the most logical since they are both written by the same writer but now this means I got to go out sometime this week and buy all three "Prelude to Deadpool Corps" books. This sucks since I was also planning on picking up Mark Millar's Nemesis and the end of the Hit-Monkey arc in Way's book. I'm going to be broke at the end of this week.

Delta Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Delta Red

It's a shame, a real shame, i kinda liked MWAM more than Way's ongoing. I only hope Marvel doesn't try to make another ongoing, 4 ongoings for only 1 characters is just too much.
    Avatar image for ultimatedeadpool
    DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DEADPOOL
    @The Lobster said:
    " It's sad seeing the best book out of the three ongoing series being canceled.   Now I don't know what series to pick up....I guess Deadpool Corps seems the most logical since they are both written by the same writer but now this means I got to go out sometime this week and buy all three "Prelude to Deadpool Corps" books. This sucks since I was also planning on picking up Mark Millar's Nemesis and the end of the Hit-Monkey arc in Way's book. I'm going to be broke at the end of this week. "
    Yeah, Deadpool's leaving me broke.
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Primmaster64

Damn.

faceless253

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By faceless253

I'm pretty bummed, I was really loving that series. The page from issue five with "Say Jar Jar Binks is an Abomination" was what got me into deadpool in the first place. I figured it'd be a matter of time, 4 on-goings for only one guy. And it's all been going down hill in the sales. I'm looking forward to Wade Wilson's War, that should be a very entertaining limited. The last Team-up was pretty weak, so that will probably die out. I wonder why they didn't just put Deadpool Corps back to a limited and keep MWAM, though, I don't know where they would take MWAM after they were done with returning Zombie Deadpool's head.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By 123422
    @faceless253 said:
    " I'm pretty bummed, I was really loving that series. The page from issue five with "Say Jar Jar Binks is an Abomination" was what got me into deadpool in the first place. I figured it'd be a matter of time, 4 on-goings for only one guy. And it's all been going down hill in the sales. I'm looking forward to Wade Wilson's War, that should be a very entertaining limited. The last Team-up was pretty weak, so that will probably die out. I wonder why they didn't just put Deadpool Corps back to a limited and keep MWAM, though, I don't know where they would take MWAM after they were done with returning Zombie Deadpool's head. "
    the "Say Jar Jar Binks is an abomination! Say it!" quote was epic, sometimes i say it, replacing Jar Jar with anything/anyone that i currently hate at the moment

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.