Level of Deadpool's Healing Factor

• 54 results
#1 Posted by deadpool101 (129 posts) - - Show Bio

I know he and Wolverine can heal from practically anything, but I want to know if he would come back from having his head chopped off?
#2 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

He is the best of the Weapon X guys

#3 Edited by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio
@deadpool101: 
yes and no. he cant heal a new one. it has to be reattached, but the same goes 
for any Weapon X character, its just harder with Wolverine because of his adamantium neck.
but as long as Deadpools parts are still touching the sky is the limit.
(note that all this is partly do to his immortality power as well though)
#4 Posted by Man of Lengend (1001 posts) - - Show Bio

well in suicide kings he got his head blown up ...... so i would have to say yeah he can regrow it becuase .... he did haha
#5 Posted by theaceofknaves (36 posts) - - Show Bio

yea he now has the ability to regrow a new head, for some reason.

his healing factor is one of the best in the MU. Only a limited few have a better one than he does, Hulk for instance.

#6 Edited by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio
@Man of Lengend: @theaceofknaves: 
didnt happen. i have everything with him. provide scans.
the only thing he did was fire a bullet through his head in the
end scene. he didnt destroy his head and regrow it. anytime
he has had a limb completely removed he had to reattach it and
wait for it to meld, usually bracing it because that process takes him awhile.
#7 Posted by theaceofknaves (36 posts) - - Show Bio

no... in suicide kings frank used some kind of ray gun that actually exploded his head. you see his eyes and brains flying everywhere. why would any lie about that? it happened.

#8 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio
@theaceofknaves: 
 because Spider-Man and Daredevil put his head back together. he didnt heal a new head. (and the ray gun shot out his eye, this was in the issue before). if his limbs get removed and his are not touching, or there isnt attached bone, they have to be reattached for him to heal and continue. you havent noticed that everytime a limb gets severed he holds it on and reattaches it, and usually needs to brace it.
no, your not lying, your just leaving what happened afterwords out of the story 

this is not a writing mistake either. this is the way he is supposed to function.
he's still flesh and bone, not some sort of jell, ect. he like Wolverine also
requires his brain to heal, and much of his bone. added Wades hf takes longer as
he is battling with his cancer.

the eye laser part you pointed out, and note this took him a long time to heal properly.

Deadpool can survive having his head chopped off do to being granted immortality.
He however needs to have it reatached to heal and continue functioning.
Wolverine is less fiortunate because if his is cut off and not reatached in time, he'll
die do to the fact that he isnt immortal like Wade is (Excaliber #100, Xavier Protocols)
 they cannot grow new heads.
#9 Edited by theaceofknaves (36 posts) - - Show Bio

i'm not talking about that instance.

when Spidey has him up against the wall Punisher out of no where blows his head up. you see it explode into many pieces, with his eyes flying all over the place. and you can't just say "daredevil and spidey put it back together" because that is just assumption and there is no indication in the comic that is what happened.

and deadpools healing factor isn't like Wolverines. it operates with the cancer. you take away the cancer, the healing factor would carry on going, and deadpool would explode. you take away the healing factor, the cancer would eat him away. it's all finely balanced and is constantly working. cancer constantly kills cells, healing factor constantly repairs them.

#10 Posted by mohawkmoose12 (60 posts) - - Show Bio
Ya sorry yall i dont have a scanner and im getting used to this forum and all. But Frank Does Blow the hell out of DP's head then the issue is over. The next one pics up with him hallucinating the wizard of Oz comic book then he wakes up and they don't actually say how his had got back to it's usual state
#11 Posted by theaceofknaves (36 posts) - - Show Bio

lol yea.. splat!

#12 Posted by www.deadpoolforum.com (200 posts) - - Show Bio
@Man of Lengend:
I was just thinking that lol
#13 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio
@theaceofknaves: yes, i know which instance (you reffered to two)
@CATMANEXE said:
" @theaceofknaves: 
 because Spider-Man and Daredevil put his head back together. he didnt heal a new head. (and the ray gun shot out his eye, this was in the issue before). if his limbs get removed and his are not touching, or there isnt attached bone, they have to be reattached for him to heal and continue. you havent noticed that everytime a limb gets severed he holds it on and reattaches it, and usually needs to brace it.
no, your not lying, your just leaving what happened afterwords out of the story 

afterwords Spiderman and Daredevil put his dismembered head back together, and he healed up in a bed. 
he cannot grow another head. this is known about..christ why am i explaning this for the third time.
yes, quit making stuff up.
#14 Posted by WhoDunnit101 (72 posts) - - Show Bio

Not to mention how Deadpool once grew back from nothing but his mummified hand, the only thing that there was left of him. 

And he has re-grown his limbs without re-attaching them on several occasion. Yes, he re-attaches his limbs once here and there, but with his healing factor it is not particulary needed.

#15 Edited by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio
@WhoDunnit101: 
he more often reattaches them, not lesser than. and in those instances he actually needs to do it.
if he could just grow those parts back why would he bother? why would the way known to neutralize
him and Wolverine be then to decapitate them and keep theyre head from there body? why is this listed
in their Handbook entries as well? also you guys are twisting examples
and leaving out alot of what happened in the actual stories themselves, noted.

he cannot grow a new head. if he or Wolverine gets their head chopped off it nees to be at least touching
the neck for it to heal back on. this is theyre established weakness. 

just going to have to agree to completly disagree on this one.
#16 Edited by WhoDunnit101 (72 posts) - - Show Bio
@CATMANEXE: 
 Please, read the comics. All of them. Chopping deadpool's head off has been as efficient as shooting at Captain America's Shield.

And regrowing his limbs doesn't happen in a moment, although there was this one point of time when it did, but that's all I am going to say about it for now. 

Just give it a thought, even for a loony-toony it is smart to re-attach his limbs when it is possible.

And Deadpool Corps: Rank and Foul doesn't come out before next March. (It is a handbook about Deadpool and I would expect there to be atleast some things as correct as they come.)
#17 Posted by Abnormally Warm Guy (1297 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay lets clear some things up (BECAUSE I AM THE SOURCE OF ALL CORRECT INFO... sarcasm)

Deadpool can't regrow his head/body (depending on the syntax Deadpool's head it'd be growing back a  new body for his head would still be alive considering he is immortal) When Deadpool got his head blown off I'd agree the others helped put it back together.

Deadpool's healing factor can regrow limbs... it just takes longer then reattaching the old one. He see him grown back limbs in the "Agent of Weapon X" storyline.

Deadpool's healing factor DID NOT bring him back from just the hand. That was magic that Thanos instilled in T-Ray which he preformed by pissing on his grave.

Deadpoo healing factor varies from how well his cancer is doing. If it is pretty clear it works better. Make sense right?

#18 Posted by mohawkmoose12 (60 posts) - - Show Bio
@Abnormally Warm Guy said:
" Okay lets clear some things up (BECAUSE I AM THE SOURCE OF ALL CORRECT INFO... sarcasm)  Deadpool can't regrow his head/body (depending on the syntax Deadpool's head it'd be growing back a  new body for his head would still be alive considering he is immortal) When Deadpool got his head blown off I'd agree the others helped put it back together.  Deadpool's healing factor can regrow limbs... it just takes longer then reattaching the old one. He see him grown back limbs in the "Agent of Weapon X" storyline.  Deadpool's healing factor DID NOT bring him back from just the hand. That was magic that Thanos instilled in T-Ray which he preformed by pissing on his grave.  Deadpoo healing factor varies from how well his cancer is doing. If it is pretty clear it works better. Make sense right? "
best info breakdown ever
#19 Posted by deadpool101 (129 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay I know for a fact that his hf relies on his cancer. once, in a thunderbolts issued, black widow II fired a gun designed by norman osborn that cured wade's cancer, and his hf would start eating him alive (if yelena had been able to pull the trigger before wade started pwning!). 
so yes his cancer is what keeps his hf going.  i dont think he has to attach his limbs, but it's faster too. for example, when fighting wolverine, he got his fingers chopped off, and tried to stick them on and have them reattach. but then logan smacked him and his fingers didnt get the chance to reattach them. but they soon regrew anyway. but not as quickly as they would've reattached.

as for the mistakes in information, sometimes these things are unlear so don't stress it guys.

#20 Posted by Abnormally Warm Guy (1297 posts) - - Show Bio
@deadpool101: you have it backwards.

His healing factor does not rely on his cancer. It doesn't work without it because it would overrun his body and overly heal him to an exetreme degree. It happened to the skrulls because they had his healing factor without the cancer to balance it.
#21 Edited by WhoDunnit101 (72 posts) - - Show Bio

A piece of jaw and an eye is not really  that much of an head to re-attach.
And the things is, Deadpool can regrow his own brain and he has been doing that quite a bit in the new series.  He just doesn't seem to care for the wellfare of his own head. 

Actually, when he got turned into a living copy of Thom Cruz (Spelling), he saw quite a bit of effort to get rid of his new face. And in some of those attemps it is more likely for him to just have regrown his own head than simply re-attaching it.  Could we get pictures of that?

And for the sake of argument, I would argue that  the magic that Thanos instilled in T-Ray which he preformed by pissing on his grave, enchanced his healing factor to never let him die. 

#22 Posted by theaceofknaves (36 posts) - - Show Bio

The Thanos/T-Ray thing has nothing to do with his healing factor, or science. It's magic. It was a curse. Deadpool is literally "cursed with life".

#23 Posted by WhoDunnit101 (72 posts) - - Show Bio
@theaceofknaves: In my opinion, the curse has that nasty habbit of working out through his healing factor. 
If the curse were to just revive him, we would have corpse that comes back alive only to die again few moments later...
#24 Posted by deadpool101 (129 posts) - - Show Bio

im not familiar w/ any curse so you guys lost me (im not saying i dont think it exists, im saying my knowledge of this stuff is lacking. it's why i started this forum).
#25 Edited by theaceofknaves (36 posts) - - Show Bio
@deadpool101: thats cool, not everyone knows everything! it was back in deadpools original solo series, think it was in the 60s(issue number not decade! lol). Funeral for a Freak was the name of the story arc. Basically Thanos the Mad Titan has a crush on the embodiment of Death. But Death has a crush on Deadpool. So Thanos uses T-Ray to curse Deadpool with life so he can never die and be with Death. Pretty ridiculous, but that's comics for ya! *shrug*
#26 Posted by deadpool101 (129 posts) - - Show Bio

Dude that's awesome! Thanos is pretty cool (especially w/ the infinity gauntlet).  

so deadpool just can't die at all? what's the point of a healing factor if it's not possible for him to die anyway! so how does he work? does he heal from normal, limbs-off type stuff, but when it comes to lethal-as-in-decapitation type stuff, his curse kicks in?
#27 Posted by LordCosmicKing (2629 posts) - - Show Bio
DP regrew his arm inside the same panel where it was blown off from the grenade he was holding....... it took a matter of seconds if that... 

it was in the cable & DP series....

cable had come to help wade after he screwed with his mind and had him seeing dead ppl

his HF is dependent on his mood
#28 Posted by JaYDaFuRy (156 posts) - - Show Bio
@theaceofknaves:
how does hulk have a better healing factor?
#29 Edited by Necromas (3 posts) - - Show Bio

In Suicide Kings #3 his head completely explodes and he is able to grow most of it back overnight, enough to regain consciousness. 

I think the "you can't die" thing just makes it so his soul cannot pass on, and as long as his soul remains in even a single cell, his healing factor will eventually be able to rebuild him even if it's not at it's best. It would just take longer. And if he is gibbed bad enough that his soul normally would have moved on and he'd have died, he just gets to have an out of body experience or whatever where he'll probably see death and try to make out with her but come back right before he does. 

Of course, deadpool canon hasn't always been the most stable, but suicide kings is from his latest stuff.

#30 Posted by Erik (33329 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe there was an issue where he grew his entire body from nothing but a hand. That and the fact that he was cursed with life seems to indicate that he has the best healing factor. It can never really be burned out. 

#31 Posted by mavfan626 (4139 posts) - - Show Bio
@erik said:
"I believe there was an issue where he grew his entire body from nothing but a hand. That and the fact that he was cursed with life seems to indicate that he has the best healing factor. It can never really be burned out.  "

Didnt T-ray bring him back?
#32 Posted by theaceofknaves (36 posts) - - Show Bio
@JaYDaFuRy: Hulk can heal from any wound in seconds, consistently. Deadpools yo-yos a bit, it isn't as consistent.
#33 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio
@deadpool101 said:
"I know he and Wolverine can heal from practically anything, but I want to know if he would come back from having his head chopped off? "

If someone sews it back on for him, then yes.  

And Wolverine getting his head chopped off is stupid, his bones are made of unbreakable metal, spine included.
#34 Posted by WhoDunnit101 (72 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123 said:

" @deadpool101 said:

"I know he and Wolverine can heal from practically anything, but I want to know if he would come back from having his head chopped off? "
If someone sews it back on for him, then yes.   And Wolverine getting his head chopped off is stupid, his bones are made of unbreakable metal, spine included. "
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDvbAvBLQuM

I concur. The correct way to do it is to dislocate the metallic bones from one and the other with a large axe. Chop, place the edge of the axe between the bones and begin twisting it back and forth.
#35 Posted by deadpool101 (129 posts) - - Show Bio

I always thought Wolverine should die (and stay dead) from Magneto literally yanking hisskeleton out of his body. (by having a telekenetic hold logan there, and then using his own magnetic powers to pull out logan's entire skeleton)

#36 Posted by Capo_Del_Bandito (278 posts) - - Show Bio
@deadpool101: I dunno know much about anatomy, but I *think* some bones are connected to one another, and some are connected by ligaments/tissue. I know he'd be able to rip out the bones connected by ligaments/tissue, but the bones connected together, i don't think he could rip those apart.
#37 Posted by deadpool101 (129 posts) - - Show Bio

he has the best hf in the whole multiverse. waaaaaaaaaaaay better than hulk's. everything said about the soul-thingie sounded awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#38 Posted by Abnormally Warm Guy (1297 posts) - - Show Bio
@JaYDaFuRy: Hulk's healing factor has the potential to be the best.

As does his strength and toughness... and a lot of things. You see. Hulk's power derives from his rage. The angrier he gets the stronger he gets. In essence his power doesn't have limits because his rage has no boundaries.
#39 Posted by Abnormally Warm Guy (1297 posts) - - Show Bio
@deadpool101: Hulk's is best healing factor there is! ARGHHHHH! (said in Hulk's voice)
#40 Posted by deadpool101 (129 posts) - - Show Bio

i think everyone knows that hulk's power is fueled by his rage; 

"I'm getting angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry." is kinda proof. 

but i prefer to think of it as invulnerability rather than a healing factor with hulk. he's super invulnerable, and therefore recuperates fast.
#41 Posted by DEADPOOL (2710 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool can regrow his head, but some writers are inconsistent. Overall his healing factor may be the best in Marvel, but I think his mood affects his healing factor.

#42 Posted by W@de Wilson (42 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool is not intended to be taken this seriously...

#43 Posted by JaYDaFuRy (156 posts) - - Show Bio
@theaceofknaves:

ok but regardless deadpools healing factor has been upgraded to immortality so please explain?
#44 Posted by JaYDaFuRy (156 posts) - - Show Bio
@Abnormally Warm Guy:
regardless of what you say about his stupid rage going off, he doesnt have the power of infinite life, but deadpool does. hulk may not have boundary but deadpool never dies due to his healing factor.
#45 Posted by deadpool101 (129 posts) - - Show Bio

And yeah, he breaks the fourth wall, makes stupid jokes, flirts with people who are trying to kill him, constantly talks, etc. But he is pretty much my favorite character in Marvel and I think it's not bad to take cool characters seriously. And we're not reeeally taking him seriousl, he's a comic character! It's not really important, it's fun. So saying he's not meant to be taken seriously is both insulting and redundant dude.  

#46 Posted by Watch Dog (834 posts) - - Show Bio

Did any of you read DeadPool #69 and Agent X because if you did you would know that his healing factor not only brout him back to life but 2 other people as well and this was a case of blown in to little bits and evean thoe DeadPool is curest the other 2 guys are not so that was just his healing factor at work there

#47 Posted by deadpool101 (129 posts) - - Show Bio

In his very first appearance, in "New Mutants" (don't remember the #), Deadpool had his jaw broken by Cable (first time they meet) and Deadpool's healing factor was so good, he was able to talk DIRECTLY after. His healing factor is fast, and amazing.
#48 Posted by 123422 (1013 posts) - - Show Bio
@deadpool101 said:
" In his very first appearance, in "New Mutants" (don't remember the #), Deadpool had his jaw broken by Cable (first time they meet) and Deadpool's healing factor was so good, he was able to talk DIRECTLY after. His healing factor is fast, and amazing. "
#98, if memory serves, CMIIW
he does have one of the best healing factor in MU, although rather inconsistent, sometimes it heals fast, sometimes it takes quite some time to regen a lost limb, for instance.
#49 Posted by mavfan626 (4139 posts) - - Show Bio

its the best how many people can grow there head back with memorys

#50 Posted by spidey2892 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

hey quick question, a friend brought this up to me and i couldn't answer. so what if deadpool got thrown into a volcano? since he cant die because of thanos would his "soul" just be stuck trying to regenerate his body back in the lava but cant since the lava keeps breaking down his cells or does he have some ability to stop that?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.