Follow

Deadpool

Character » Deadpool appears in 3332 issues.

Wade Wilson is a former test subject of the Weapon X program, where he received his regenerative healing factor through the scientific experiments conducted upon him. A prominent enemy, ally and later, member of X-Force. He's famous for breaking the Fourth Wall.

Is the current Deadpool comic any good?

ME_BUBBLES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ME_BUBBLES

Hello, I just started reading Deadpool comics and I'm really enjoying it. So I was wondering if getting a subscription to the current run would be worth it?

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By The Lobster

I would say so, yes.

For one Gerry and Brian are writing a deeply disturbed anti-hero. A man who is trying to do good, but has one to many demons in his head in order to do that. Their entire run so far has been about Deadpool trying to be a hero, not for the fame, or the glory, but because he wants to feel wanted. He wants to be a member of the superhero community, but the problem is that no other superhero even wants to look at him, much less acknowledge his existence. That's some great stuff.

Plus we have some hints that Gerry and Brian are going to dig deeper into Deadpool's past, which is great. It's about time we get a look into Deadpool's past with some actual hardcore undeniable facts and not just what Deadpool thinks his past was, or his past through the eyes of someone else. I've been waiting a long time for that.

As for the humor, well humor is subjective. Some people find things funny, others don't. So you'd have to see for yourself......I personally love the humor and I usually laugh at least once per issue. But even if the humor isn't funny, you can at least say that it's a well-written series. (Which is more than I can say for Daniel Way's poopy series).

So yes, If you're interested in Deadpool or like him as a character, start picking it up.

ME_BUBBLES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright, Ill definitely subscribe then.

Chibio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Chibio

It's good again. Not as good as during the old days, but let's just take what we can get. But be sure to skip out the first part of the story arc with the dead presidents. That was painfully bad.

EnigmaLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I've thoroughly enjoyed the issues that I've read from the current Deadpool series. I'd highly recommend it for Deadpool comic book fans.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

Yes. I like the current DP series!

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 2

@chibio said:

It's good again. Not as good as during the old days, but let's just take what we can get. But be sure to skip out the first part of the story arc with the dead presidents. That was painfully bad.

Yes, and No.....The Dead Presidents arc was indeed a little longer than it should have been and yeah I could say that it was skippable.

....But.....the final two issue were really good and even though the arc is over, the ramifications of it are still being dealt with in many ways. Michael is still kinda looked down upon by Ben and Deadpool as the source of many of their problems, and the whole demon arc happens because Vetis got parole for giving Michael the power to cause such a catastrophe.

That's what I like about these writers, you can tell they've planned miles ahead and by doing so you can see hints to things that may or may not be brought up later.

I mean, it's so far two arcs into the series and we still have all these unanswered questions....

1) What did Dr. Strange whisper to Deadpool?

2) Who was the lady he saw when he died?

3) What's with the organ harvesters?

4) How are they going to get Preston out of her predicament?

5) Is Deadpool going to get his revenge on Agent Gorman?

These guys have plenty of loose-ends to tie-up (many of which introduced in the Dead Presidents Arc), and I for one can't wait to see what they do with them.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.