Follow

Deadpool

Character » Deadpool appears in 3322 issues.

Wade Wilson is a former test subject of the Weapon X program, where he received his regenerative healing factor through the scientific experiments conducted upon him. A prominent enemy, ally and later, member of X-Force. He's famous for breaking the Fourth Wall.

Is Deadpool overhyped?

PryamodeHead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PryamodeHead

So, I've seen this around lately. I see people put Deadpool against people like Superman. Just these insanely mismatched matchups with Deadpool. I started thinking, who is his fan base? It seems like most people on here have a good understanding of him, but so many people think Deadpool can kill anyone.

Here's some examples:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

What do you think? Should some people read something besides a Deadpool comic to get a sense of scale? Is he really that good?

NotATreeABush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's obvious that Deadpool's fanbase is himself, he thinks he can kill anyone so it's pretty clear that he has thousands of accounts online overrating himself.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By kidchipotle

No, he's not overhyped.

PryamodeHead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Frisky4

I'd say so. I see things saying that Deadpool is overpowered because he can't die, and that means he can kill everyone, including other healing factored/immortal characters that out class him in various categories. It's annoying. At least on here it's not as bad.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000
    No Señor, Mi Muy Good
    No Señor, Mi Muy Good

Avatar image for BappyRonChantin
    BappyRonChantin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Definitely not here in comic vine

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Avatar image for surfingthehighway
    SurfingtheHighway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's Rantanplan from Lucky Luke doing in the Lobo picture?

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 2

Here's the things. I think Deadpool could win any fight if he REALLY wanted to. But usually his attention span and low tolerance for wasting his own time usually means he doesn't care if he wins or loses. Deadpool once said it best, "You may kill me first, but I guarantee I will kill you last."

What I'm basically getting at is even if he's fighting against someone like.....Thor.....He'd probably lose that fight 99.9% of the time. But his immortality and healing factor gives him an unlimited amount of do-overs and chances to try again. Eventually he's bound to win, whether by exhausting his enemy or driving them so crazy that they eventually surrender.

So do I think Deadpool could win a battle against some of the most powerful heroes in the universe?......No......But if he was willing to really commit to the idea of killing one of them (Which as I've already said is probably extremely unlikely), over time....I'm confident he'd eventually win.

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
    ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm willin to do a CaV with anyone me using deadpool vs whole justice league without the conditions o only death to win

PryamodeHead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_lobster_:

What if he fought someone like Lobo or Alucard? Both are have great healing factors, both are immortal.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_lobster_:

What if he fought someone like Lobo or Alucard? Both are have great healing factors, both are immortal.

So does Deadpool and he has the advantage that people underestimate him.

PryamodeHead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: Literally everybody that has fought Lobo or Alucard has underestimated them. Lobo killed Santa Clause and his entire species; Alucard has killed every person he has fought.

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_lobster_:

Odds are, they'd just keep fighting till one of them saw the pointlessness in it all since there can't be any winner and just quit.

Robert2928

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Robert2928

Yes Deadpool is underrated AND overhyped

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pryamodehead said:

@the_lobster_:

what if his head got cut off and thrown into the sun by someone as strong as lobo or something. Would he grow a new head?

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd said:

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

@pryamodehead said:

@the_lobster_:

what if his head got cut off and thrown into the sun by someone as strong as lobo or something. Would he grow a new head?

He is cursed, so yeah.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say he's only overhyped by people that don't read his comics. They just know the type of character that he is and all the sudden he's their favorite character.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say he's only overhyped by people that don't read his comics. They just know the type of character that he is and all the sudden he's their favorite character.

I think you are talking about Batman.

People that hasnt read the comics think he is like Dumber Spiderman actually.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrtummytumms said:

I'd say it can go both ways. People that I run into to overyhype him a lot, but most of them have never even read his comic. They just saw a picture of him at Hot Topic, looked up who he was, saw he wasn't your normal comic character and all the sudden he's their favorite.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

@mrtummytumms said:

I'd say it can go both ways. People that I run into to overyhype him a lot, but most of them have never even read his comic. They just saw a picture of him at Hot Topic, looked up who he was, saw he wasn't your normal comic character and all the sudden he's their favorite.

To be honest, was Daniel Way Freakazoid copy what got over with pseudo nerds/geeks.

Also it happens with every single character, it happened with The Punisher, Wolverine and Ghost Rider, but with time only Wolverine stay, but was thanks to the movies.

Deadpool its is that weird zone where people like him for the wrong reasons and hate him for the wrong reasons, like Batman.

Avatar image for captainlantern76
    CaptainLantern76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Deadpool? Overhyped?

Hell no.

He's awesome, funny, and deserves his popularity.

DarkseidFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deadpool is boring

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Possibly. I haven't read his 90's series so he may have been stronger in the past but right now I don't see him being the close matchup for Deathstroke that he's often seen as. Not with morals on anyway. Doesn't mean he's a bad character though.

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deadpool is boring

You know who is really boring....more so than Deadpool....Darkseid, what a boring villain.

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By The Lobster

@the_lobster_: Darkseid > shitpool aka dumb downed lame version of Death stroke The Terminator

Pfft, yeah cause the Hitler rip-off with lazer eyes who looks like the Rockbiter in a mini-skirt makes a great, interesting, and well development character. Haha Nope, makes him a bland and one-dimensional villain. Which isn't in the slightest bit interesting. At least Deadpool evolved into something more than just a rip-off. He developed an actual character. Darkseid has remained the same boring old power hungry bad guy from day one of creation. BORING!!!

You know what my favorite Darkseid moment was? when he lost to Ambush-Bug.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for infantfinite128
    infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If he makes people happy, then he's not overhyped. I'm not a big fan, but I don't like the whole "overrated" concept among geek communities. We're fortunate to have thousands of other fictional characters to enjoy, so let people dig what they dig.

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By The Lobster

@darkseidfanboy said:

@the_lobster_: GAYPOOL LOST TO ALMOST EVERYONE LOL . HE WILL FOREVER GO DOWN AS BEING LOGAN'S LITTLE BIATCH .

Again, you seemed to miss the point. That being that strength and power does not make a good or interesting character. It doesn't matter who the strongest character is, cause that doesn't make them interesting to read. In fact, the best characters are often the ones with the odds stacked against them. Character development, motivation, personality traits, and morals make a strong interesting character....all of which, Darkseid lacks. At the very most, those that he does have is weak.

But I guess I shouldn't have expected you to pick up on that and instead should have known you'd fall back on the old "NO YOU SUCK" argument that children use. I mean, you waltz into a forum of a character you don't like and call him boring, that right there shows a limited understanding of common courtesy. Imagine the real life equivalent....that would be like you walking into Gay Bar and start telling everybody in it that homosexuals are all idiots. If you did that in real life, you'd be dragged out into the back alley and beaten for not having respect for what other people like or don't like.

But alas, this is the internet....a place many seem to think is a get out consequence free card. Here's a tip kid, freedom of speech does not mean freedom of consequence.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkseidfanboy said:

@the_lobster_: GAYPOOL LOST TO ALMOST EVERYONE LOL . HE WILL FOREVER GO DOWN AS BEING LOGAN'S LITTLE BIATCH .

Again, you seemed to miss the point. That being that strength and power does not make a good or interesting character. It doesn't matter who the strongest character is, cause that doesn't make them interesting to read. In fact, the best characters are often the ones with the odds stacked against them. Character development, motivation, personality traits, and morals make a strong interesting character....all of which, Darkseid lacks. At the very most, those that he does have is weak.

QFT!!!

No Caption Provided

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Jimishim12

Deadpool is becoming a poster boy for Marvel fandom if not the company itself, if the movie becomes a smash hit, DP will have reached Spidey /Ironman status and actually match his internet overhype and fame in real life. The character is the new Wolvie, and possibly the next bandwagon hop to newbie Marvel readers after Spidey.

McMuffin_Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.