And he's kinda cute in some angles.
"
lol @ some angles.
#156 Posted by loganreme (1398 posts) - - Show Bio
deadpool#1fanjon said:
"WolverineXman said:
"Yea, Deadpool isn't a mutant, but Wolverine sure is. "
thank u someone agrees with me"
Correct! Anyway I thought this was a deadpool thread, so why are we talking about wolvie.
#157 Posted by Thor-El (30 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine is a mutant. Deadpool is a human who was given healing powers by the agency of Canada who worked for the Weapon Plus program(Weapon  X) and broke off on its own known as Department K. He fell in love with Death and later on Thanos made him immortal so they could not be together for Thanos also loved her.

#158 Posted by CrimsonComedian (328 posts) - - Show Bio

There's not really a correct answer to it. All though Deadpool was a human from the start, he was turned into a mutant. So it depends which way you look at it.

#159 Posted by THORSON (2034 posts) - - Show Bio

so, the origin of wolverines was a bunch of lies.

#160 Posted by HyeDaa (27 posts) - - Show Bio

He was mutated. He was part of weapon X to find a cure for his cancer.

#161 Posted by theruinerisin (1 posts) - - Show Bio

wow i know it's old, but this was the dumbest conversation ever. wolverine IS a mutant, deadpool is not.

not sure why you people think wolverine's not. nobody cares what Loeb says. if you just pull up the official wolverine page on the MARVEL site, it says right on there that he's a mutant. i'll even link you. loeb may have written a story that was his own idea for an origin story or something, but it's not canon if it's saying he's not a mutant.

http://marvel.com/universe/Wolverine_%28James_Howlett%29

#162 Posted by AdamFranco (7 posts) - - Show Bio
#163 Posted by LMAOROFLCOPTR (6 posts) - - Show Bio

He is not a mutant. He is something called a mutate.

#164 Edited by DEADPOOL (2697 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool is a human mutate that got his powers from the Weapon-X program trying to replicate Wolverine's healing factor, although Deadpool's healing factor is very different from Wolverine's. It's faster, he can regrow limbs and his head, it's mentally driven to a partial extent, and it's constantly active. Perhaps because it's an imperfect replication.

Although, the "Age of Apocalypse" and "House of M" storylines suggest that Deadpool is indeed a mutant. This could be made canon since the procedure to gain Wolverine's healing factor failed and that he didn't get his healing abilities until he was dying and his powers manifested with an eerie green glow. Also, as I said, his healing factor is different from Wolverine's.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.