is Deadpool a mutant?

• 164 results
#101 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
LordCosmicKing said:
"what is this DC now with the retconned?"
Yes, Marvel has never retconned anything, especially not the Avengers and everything about them, or Spider-Man, one of their most iconic and popular charac... Waaaait a minute! 
#102 Posted by LordCosmicKing (2629 posts) - - Show Bio

yes i know but they work it into the storyline.. and they work within a sliding scale.  wolverine past stories and origin from the weapon x have not bn changed or altered just further explained.  :P

#103 Posted by Vance Astro (91415 posts) - - Show Bio
LordCosmicKing said:
"yes i know but they work it into the storyline.. and they work within a sliding scale.  wolverine past stories and origin from the weapon x have not bn changed or altered just further explained.  :P"
You are over using the hell out of the already annoying:P
Now...Wolverine has no reason to be retconned because he is a mutant.
If Marvel puts out a book that claims there is 198 mutants left after House of M and Wolverine is part of that number..there is no way you can argue against it.Whatever Loeb wrote..he wrote,sometimes when a writer writes some bullsh#t like when Frank Miller made Elektra a whore and then killed her off...it's get over turned (retconned) or ignored.
#104 Posted by LordCosmicKing (2629 posts) - - Show Bio
:^)        fine i'll stop using it.  even handbooks are often wrong or ignore the creators character and its abilities that have bn shown in feats and interviews that doesnt make it accurate just cause some handbook said so.

most forums have rules about using handbooks and feats for comparison. they have to support each other.  ;^)
#105 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
LordCosmicKing said:
"yes i know but they work it into the storyline.. and they work within a sliding scale.  wolverine past stories and origin from the weapon x have not bn changed or altered just further explained.  :P"
Hahaha you realize that what Loeb has done is retcon Wolverine? His whole origin story retcons TONS of stuff about him. Loeb retconned him into being some damn Homo lupus or something, that's what this argument is about.
#106 Edited by Vance Astro (91415 posts) - - Show Bio
LordCosmicKing said:
":^)        fine i'll stop using it.  even handbooks are often wrong or ignore the creators character and its abilities that have bn shown in feats and interviews that doesnt make it accurate just cause some handbook said so.

most forums have rules about using handbooks and feats for comparison. they have to support each other.  ;^)"
Even if the handbook is wrong..after House of M..it was said several times there was 198 mutants left..if Wolverine isn't a mutant than that number is inaccurate.
Also I consistently hear people say Handbooks can be wrong..yet they can't find one stitch of false information in it.
#107 Posted by LordCosmicKing (2629 posts) - - Show Bio
Korg said:
"LordCosmicKing said:
Hahaha you realize that what Loeb has done is retcon Wolverine? His whole origin story retcons TONS of stuff about him. Loeb retconned him into being some damn Homo lupus or something, that's what this argument is about."
that is not a retconned cause it didnt contradict anything that was established in his passed but had bn hinted as a possibility..

Vance Astro said:
"LordCosmicKing said:
":^)        fine i'll stop using it.  even handbooks are often wrong or ignore the creators character and its abilities that have bn shown in feats and interviews that doesnt make it accurate just cause some handbook said so.

most forums have rules about using handbooks and feats for comparison. they have to support each other.  ;^)"
Even if the handbook is wrong..after House of M..it was said several times there was 198 mutants left..if Wolverine isn't a mutant than that number is inaccurate.
Also I consistently hear people say Handbooks can be wrong..yet they can't find one stitch of false information in it.
"
sigh.. peak human strength average human strength that have consistently bn surpassed by many characters.
#108 Edited by Vance Astro (91415 posts) - - Show Bio
LordCosmicKing said:
"Korg said:
"LordCosmicKing said:
Hahaha you realize that what Loeb has done is retcon Wolverine? His whole origin story retcons TONS of stuff about him. Loeb retconned him into being some damn Homo lupus or something, that's what this argument is about."
that is not a retconned cause it didnt contradict anything that was established in his passed but had bn hinted as a possibility..

Vance Astro said:
"LordCosmicKing said:

"
sigh.. peak human strength average human strength that have consistently bn surpassed by many characters.
"
sigh....it's not the book that is wrong it's the writing.If Marvel says Cap is peak human and the handbooks have been saying it since they first came out in '85..than he's peak human.
#109 Posted by LordCosmicKing (2629 posts) - - Show Bio

sign.... we are getting nowhere here. with you using circular logic and not taking this seriously. i cant continue pretending to take you seriously.

#110 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
LordCosmicKing said:
"that is not a retconned cause it didnt contradict anything that was established in his passed but had bn hinted as a possibility.."
WRONG. Learn to read. Wolverine was a mutant (still is in some comics) and Loeb retconned him into a Homo lupus or whatever. Retcon.
#111 Posted by LordCosmicKing (2629 posts) - - Show Bio

you are WRONG.  since the appearance of wolverine he was hinted as being a mystery.. nothing has ever suggested that he simply a mutant cerebro doesnt detect genes but brainwaves..

#112 Posted by Vance Astro (91415 posts) - - Show Bio
LordCosmicKing said:
"sign.... we are getting nowhere here. with you using circular logic and not taking this seriously. i cant continue pretending to take you seriously."
.I'm right and you are wrong..so when you tell me I am not taking this seriously when it clear that I am..that pisses me off.You are saying the handbooks are inaccurate because they give people strength classifications that people break all the time..and I am telling you..it isn't the book is not wrong..it's the writing.If someone consistently has strength feats that show that they are peak human and they have said out of their own mouth that they are peak human (reference:Captain America) and you see the occasional feat above that level..that doesn't then mean that he is not only peak human.
We are getting nowhere because you dwell on fallacies instead of taking common sense into account.
#113 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
LordCosmicKing said:
"you are WRONG.  since the appearance of wolverine he was hinted as being a mystery.. nothing has ever suggested that he simply a mutant cerebro doesnt detect genes but brainwaves.."
He has been labeled a mutant in numerous comics since his inception. Probably hundreds of issues containing Wolverine contradict what you are saying.
#114 Posted by LordCosmicKing (2629 posts) - - Show Bio

science scans and readings have not always matched that statement.

#115 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know what that's supposed to mean.

#116 Posted by Vance Astro (91415 posts) - - Show Bio
Korg said:
"I don't know what that's supposed to mean."
you're not alone.
#117 Edited by LordCosmicKing (2629 posts) - - Show Bio

xavier and beast have been stumbed by logans physiology in the past while running scans.. and so have many other ppl.

#118 Posted by Vance Astro (91415 posts) - - Show Bio
LordCosmicKing said:
"xavier and beast have been stumbed by logans physiology in the past while running scans.. and so have many other ppl."
In the past? Do you have scans? Do you know the arc,the comic? Anything that can lead me to when this happened? Do you have any source that shows or says what you are saying.
#119 Posted by Vance Astro (91415 posts) - - Show Bio

BTW I looked up that homo lupus crap and I found nothing but an episode of Law & Order.

#120 Posted by LordCosmicKing (2629 posts) - - Show Bio

why are you looking for ppl that suffer from lupus and are gay?

#121 Posted by Vance Astro (91415 posts) - - Show Bio
LordCosmicKing said:
"why are you looking for ppl that suffer from lupus and are gay?"

Wolverine is not homo sapiens superior, but rather 

Wolverine is not 

homo sapiens superior, but rather 

Wolverine is not homo sapiens superior, but rather homo lupus (no sapiens), a branch of humanity sharing common ancestors with wolves and other canines rather than simians. Other members of homo lupus include Sabretooth, Romulus, Wild Child, Sasquatch, Feral, Thorne, and Wolfsbane (probably Daken as well, and possibly even Cyber)."

^So are you acting like you didn't say this or is this some kind of lame joke?

#122 Posted by LordCosmicKing (2629 posts) - - Show Bio

it was a joke.

#123 Edited by Vance Astro (91415 posts) - - Show Bio
LordCosmicKing said:
"it was a joke."
The whole thing or just you last post.I can't find any record of anything called homo lupus.And I am sure if it actually existed or Marvel didn't know what Wolverine was classified as it would be in all of his bios..yet all of his bios claim he is mutant.
#124 Posted by LordCosmicKing (2629 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"LordCosmicKing said:
"it was a joke."
The whole thing or just you last post.I can't find any record of anything called homo lupus.And I am sure if it actually existed or Marvel didn't know what Wolverine was classified as it would be in all of his bios..yet all of his bios claim he is mutant."
here read the evolution story arc bio close to the bottom

http://www.comicvine.com/sabretooth/29-4563/
#125 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey, remember that time the High Evolutionary took away all the mutants' powers and Wolverine was dying from adamantium poisoning cause his mutant powers didn't work? That was a hint that Wolverine wasn't a mutant at all!

#126 Posted by Vance Astro (91415 posts) - - Show Bio
LordCosmicKing said:
"Vance Astro said:
"LordCosmicKing said:
"it was a joke."
The whole thing or just you last post.I can't find any record of anything called homo lupus.And I am sure if it actually existed or Marvel didn't know what Wolverine was classified as it would be in all of his bios..yet all of his bios claim he is mutant."
here read the evolution story arc bio close to the bottom

http://www.comicvine.com/sabretooth/29-4563/
"
Please point out to me where this confirms what you just said......
Evolution

Sabretooth renews his rivalry with Wolverine following the latter's return to the X-Mansion. A fight soon breaks out with Wolverine tossing Sabretooth through a window. During the fight, Wolverine thinks back to the time when Sabretooth had, supposedly, killed Silver Fox. He remembers Sabretooth saying "quod sum eris" and asks what it means. Sabretooth explains that it means "I am what you will be." Wolverine loses control and calls Sabretooth insane before placing his fist against Sabretooth's throat. Creed tells him if he extracts his claws, he will rip his heart out. Wolverine replies "Let 'er rip" and pops his claws into Sabretooth's throat. Wolverine regains consciousness and finds himself chained to the roof of the Blackbird. He quickly breaks free of the chains and is surprised to find Sabretooth piloting the jet. Wolverine breaks into the cockpit and begins choking Sabretooth with one of the chains and causes him to crash.

The two emerge from the flaming wreckage and, while healing from the injuries sustained in the crash, begin fighting once again until separated by a lightning bolt, courtesy of Wolverine's former teammate and current Queen of WakandaStorm. A short time later Sabretooth is chained up in the royal palace of Wakanda and complains to Wolverine, Storm, and the Black Panther. Sabretooth snaps the chains and escapes into the jungle, with the Panther quickly giving chase. The Panther catches up to Sabretooth and the two begin to fight, with Sabretooth quickly gaining the upper hand. He holds the Panther off the ground by the neck, preparing to strike a killing blow, when Wolverine suddenly appears and slices off Sabretooth's right hand.
#127 Edited by LordCosmicKing (2629 posts) - - Show Bio

hmm... it looks like its bn edited..

read up on romulus bio.

http://www.comicvine.com/romulus/29-34477/

#128 Posted by Citizen Vance (200 posts) - - Show Bio
Korg said:
"Hey, remember that time the High Evolutionary took away all the mutants' powers and Wolverine was dying from adamantium poisoning cause his mutant powers didn't work? That was a hint that Wolverine wasn't a mutant at all!"

#129 Posted by DFChewie (150 posts) - - Show Bio

Korg said:
"Vance, one day these forums are going to give you an aneurysm. Also, I blame all of these stupid arguments about Wolverine on Loeb."
Thank you!

(Burn, Jeph Loeb. Or at least retire.)

So, Lupus sapiens, not Homo lupus. My bad. I started that on this discussion, so, my fault. Still. Principle holds.

#130 Posted by Vance Astro (91415 posts) - - Show Bio
DFChewie said:
"

Korg said:
"Vance, one day these forums are going to give you an aneurysm. Also, I blame all of these stupid arguments about Wolverine on Loeb."
So, Lupus sapiens, not Homo lupus. My bad. I started that on this discussion, so, my fault. Still. Principle holds.
The thing is though....all other writers..completely ignore this principle.
#131 Posted by DFChewie (150 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"DFChewie said:
"

Korg said:
The thing is though....all other writers..completely ignore this principle."
And if they do, I will salute them for it. Honestly, this is the dumbest thing ever. I'm hoping someone retcons it, and quickly, so that Wolverine is just a simple mutant.

My entire is argument, however (and I think most people would agree with me on this), is that, until someone does retcon it, it's still canon. Sad, pathetic, poorly-written, dumb canon, but canon nonetheless.

(Someone, anyone, please o please o please fix this soon!)
#132 Posted by Suigetsu (1720 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah I know, Lupus crap or wathever..

Wath a dumb ******  , why the f**k cant he just be a mutant?

Oh well its just a matter of time, a new writter comes and will step on the stuff that the other one did.

#133 Posted by DFChewie (150 posts) - - Show Bio
Suigetsu said:
"Yeah I know, Lupus crap or wathever..

Wath a dumb ******  , why the f**k cant he just be a mutant?

Oh well its just a matter of time, a new writter comes and will step on the stuff that the other one did."
Cheers to that!
#134 Posted by Echoes (154 posts) - - Show Bio

He isn't, but sometime in the future he will be. Cause marvel's future writers will F up as usual.

#135 Posted by Vance Astro (91415 posts) - - Show Bio
Echoes said:
"He isn't, but sometime in the future he will be. Cause marvel's future writers will F up as usual."
I don't think so.There is no way anyone can just become a mutant.If something like that slips through the cracks..I'm sure Quesada will get blasted for it and it will get retconned.
#136 Posted by Echoes (154 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Echoes said:
"He isn't, but sometime in the future he will be. Cause marvel's future writers will F up as usual."
I don't think so.There is no way anyone can just become a mutant.If something like that slips through the cracks..I'm sure Quesada will get blasted for it and it will get retconned."
Maybe, but you never know.

Didn't he get blasted for Civil War? :P
#137 Posted by Vance Astro (91415 posts) - - Show Bio
Echoes said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Echoes said:
I don't think so.There is no way anyone can just become a mutant.If something like that slips through the cracks..I'm sure Quesada will get blasted for it and it will get retconned."

Didn't he get blasted for Civil War? :P"
This isn't a you never know situation.
#138 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio
Echoes said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Echoes said:

He did?
#139 Posted by Vance Astro (91415 posts) - - Show Bio
Mr. Wilson said:
"Echoes said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Echoes said:

He did?"
No.Maybe he's thinking he got blasted for killing Cap...but I don't think he did.
#140 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Mr. Wilson said:
"Echoes said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Echoes said:

He did?"
No.Maybe he's thinking he got blasted for killing Cap...but I don't think he did."

Thats what I thought.  Civil War was awesome and I like Bucky as Cap.
#141 Posted by Echoes (154 posts) - - Show Bio
Mr. Wilson said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Mr. Wilson said:
"Echoes said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Echoes said:

He did?"
No.Maybe he's thinking he got blasted for killing Cap...but I don't think he did."

Thats what I thought.  Civil War was awesome and I like Bucky as Cap."
You shall burn for that >_<
#142 Posted by Vance Astro (91415 posts) - - Show Bio
Mr. Wilson said:
Thats what I thought.Civil War was awesome and I like Bucky as Cap."
I know alot of people who were pissed.I kind of was too until they actually made some good storyline from his death.
#143 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Mr. Wilson said:
I know alot of people who were pissed.I kind of was too until they actually made some good storyline from his death."

Same for me.  Brubaker is the man but I do kinda miss Steve.
#144 Posted by DFChewie (150 posts) - - Show Bio
Mr. Wilson said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Mr. Wilson said:
I know alot of people who were pissed.I kind of was too until they actually made some good storyline from his death."

Same for me.  Brubaker is the man but I do kinda miss Steve."
I do too. But if they were gonna need a death that was shocking, moving, and is gonna stick, there was no one better than Captain America. And if Captain America was going to go down, there was no better way. I realize that's circular logic, but I really liked the story. I think that was the best way for Civil War to end, and I think that was the best way for Cap to go out: assassinated, very tragically, but still going out like a hero (by saving that one paramedic's life).
#145 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio

Fully agreed.

#146 Posted by superzboy (25 posts) - - Show Bio

wolverine is a mutant he was born with his powers to heal and have retractible claws they just arent metal

#147 Posted by Abnormally Warm Guy (1297 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone else think it's lame that DC is pulling a Cap with Batman now?

#148 Posted by the bg (2 posts) - - Show Bio

he got his healing factor from weapon x. But that naturally enhances his other abilities

#149 Posted by stupaman (120 posts) - - Show Bio

he is a mutate like spider-man. 

#150 Posted by Vance Astro (91415 posts) - - Show Bio
stupaman said:
"he is a mutate like spider-man. "
No he isn't.He's a human.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.