is Deadpool a mutant?

  • 164 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
#51 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio

I think if he got it connected back to his head like Deadpool did in C&DP.

#52 Posted by Suigetsu (1720 posts) - - Show Bio

but he didnt right?
so he may be rotting right now.

And beside's I belive that only deadpool has the ability to do that because he's healing factor its more pwoerful than that of wolvie and saberthoot.

#53 Posted by Ubukid (3 posts) - - Show Bio

I just realized, X-men are fighting prejudice, but won't allow Deadpool because he's not "one of them."  He wasn't born a mutant (as everyone has said, not trying to confuse anyone) but he currently is one.  Aren't they being prejudice for not letting him in because he wasn't born one?

If it were soley on the fact that they can't trust him, they'd still be in the wrong, Xavier has let several questionable mutants into the acadamy/ X-Men(team), one of which (if I've heard correctly) was the Juggernaut.

#54 Posted by Suigetsu (1720 posts) - - Show Bio

DP is not a mutant, he wasnt born a mutant. He's blood got modified.

Beside's he was already in the x-men for a very short period during cable n deadpool , its just that it aint he's thing to be in a team. He is too much of a bright star to share the spot with lesser ones.

#55 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool is not, and has never been a mutant. The reason they do not allow him to be an X-Man is because he's a liability. There are issues of trust, and his sanity is questionable.

#56 Posted by LordCosmicKing (2629 posts) - - Show Bio

even then he was made an honorary member wasnt he? at least till he ruined it.

#57 Posted by inferiorego (26645 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool has been covered...

As for Wolverine, Korg's on his game.

For those still confused please read Wolverine: Origins (The mini-series, not the current on-going) that will cover his mutant origins for you.

Staff Online
#58 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio

Oy....

#59 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (27119 posts) - - Show Bio
zero edge said:
"weapon x, to save him from cancer
"
omg thats what i was goign to say... and look everyone after you repeated the same thing...
#60 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
LordCosmicKing said:
"wolverine is not a mutation but and actual evolutionary advance humannoid.."
I was under the impression that all biological mutants in Marvel were evolutionary compared to normal humans. Hence, the man is considered a mutant. None of the scans up top prove otherwise.
#61 Edited by DFChewie (150 posts) - - Show Bio

In Jeph Loeb's recent arc on Wolverine, Evolution, he (the author, outside of the comic, and Black Panther and Wolverine both inside) states that Wolverine is not homo sapiens superior, but rather homo lupus (no sapiens), a branch of humanity sharing common ancestors with wolves and other canines rather than simians. Other members of homo lupus include Sabretooth, Romulus, Wild Child, Sasquatch, Feral, Thorne, and Wolfsbane (probably Daken as well, and possibly even Cyber).

As of current canon, none of the above are homo sapiens superior, meaning none of them should register on Cerebro unless homo lupus simply has the same brainwave anomalies that the X-gene causes in homo sapiens superior (remember, Cerebro doesn't detect the actual X-gene, just the brainwaves it produces).

This is a stupid arc. According to Jeph Loeb, Wolverine is actually descended from wolves, rather than sharing a common ancestor with them, belying his lack of any knowledge whatsoever about how evolution actually works. Nevertheless, it is current canon, as of 2007. This is also the above mentioned arc where Wolverine beheads Sabretooth, and yes, Sabretooth is (currently, at least) dead.

#62 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
DFChewie said:
"In Jeph Loeb's recent arc on Wolverine, Evolution, he (the author, outside of the comic, and Black Panther and Wolverine both inside) states that Wolverine is not homo sapiens superior, but rather homo lupus (no sapiens), a branch of humanity sharing common ancestors with wolves and other canines rather than simians. Other members of homo lupus include Sabretooth, Romulus, Wild Child, Sasquatch, Feral, Thorne, and Wolfsbane (probably Daken as well, and possibly even Cyber).

As of current canon, none of the above are homo sapiens superior, meaning none of them should register on Cerebro unless homo lupus simply has the same brainwave anomalies that the X-gene causes in homo sapiens superior (remember, Cerebro doesn't detect the actual X-gene, just the brainwaves it produces).

This is a stupid arc. According to Jeph Loeb, Wolverine is actually descended from wolves, rather than sharing a common ancestor with them, belying his lack of any knowledge whatsoever about how evolution actually works. Nevertheless, it is current canon, as of 2007. This is also the above mentioned arc where Wolverine beheads Sabretooth, and yes, Sabretooth is (currently, at least) dead."
So, Wolverine isn't a mutant because Loeb says so? LOL.
#63 Posted by DFChewie (150 posts) - - Show Bio

Loeb got it in print. Wolverine isn't a mutant because his comic says so. (Hoping someone else can get in print just how much bull this is... *fingers crossed*)

#64 Posted by Citizen Vance* (293 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine IS a mutant.Deadpool IS NOT.

#65 Posted by Suigetsu (1720 posts) - - Show Bio
Citizen Vance* said:
"Wolverine IS a mutant.Deadpool IS NOT."
Pretty much.
#66 Edited by LordCosmicKing (2629 posts) - - Show Bio
Static Shock said:
"LordCosmicKing said:
"wolverine is not a mutation but and actual evolutionary advance humannoid.."
I was under the impression that all biological mutants in Marvel were evolutionary compared to normal humans. Hence, the man is considered a mutant. None of the scans up top prove otherwise."
a mutation is a random genetic accident that sometimes causes mutant powers... evolutionary adaptation requires small changes that accumulate to an altogether new organism or species hence wolverine is actually more or less pure human in line with the NEO or if you had to make a more human comparison captain americas physiology.


this of course ignoring the animal tribe thing loeb did but he did try to tie it in somewhat to earlier hints and explanation of logans physiology and origin/mystery.
#67 Posted by Mr. Chair (30 posts) - - Show Bio

i think the correct therm for Deadpool is mutate.....

#68 Posted by Vance Astro (91286 posts) - - Show Bio
LordCosmicKing said:
"Static Shock said:
"LordCosmicKing said:
"wolverine is not a mutation but and actual evolutionary advance humannoid.."
I was under the impression that all biological mutants in Marvel were evolutionary compared to normal humans. Hence, the man is considered a mutant. None of the scans up top prove otherwise."
a mutation is a random genetic accident that sometimes causes mutant powers... evolutionary adaptation requires small changes that accumulate to an altogether new organism or species hence wolverine is actually more or less pure human in line with the NEO or if you had to make a more human comparison captain americas physiology.


this of course ignoring the animal tribe thing loeb did but he did try to tie it in somewhat to earlier hints and explanation of logans physiology and origin/mystery."
Actually..the X-gene causes mutant powers.Genetic mutations of any kind don't just make you a mutant.
Moderator
#69 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes they do, they just don't give you powers.

#70 Posted by Vance Astro (91286 posts) - - Show Bio
Korg said:
"Yes they do, they just don't give you powers."
They don't make a mutant by Marvel comic standards.I don't see the FOH chasing conjoined twins.
Moderator
#71 Edited by LordCosmicKing (2629 posts) - - Show Bio

the generation x  storyline answered this question where a deformed human was beaten to death.. it was explained he was a mutant but without the benefit of any powers and that they may as well kill scientist geniuses and what not because of their natural abilities that they are born with... ect ect.

#72 Posted by Vance Astro (91286 posts) - - Show Bio
LordCosmicKing said:
"the generation x  storyline answered this question where a deformed human was beaten to death.. it was explained he was a mutant but without the benefit of any powers and that they may as well kill scientist geniuses and what not because of their natural abilities that they are born with... ect ect."
deformed humans may be mutants..but are not "homo superior" which is what is referred to as a mutant.
Moderator
#73 Edited by LordCosmicKing (2629 posts) - - Show Bio

that is your definition not the generation X team. or even ppl like xavier.

#74 Posted by Vance Astro (91286 posts) - - Show Bio
LordCosmicKing said:
"that is your definition not the generation X team. or even ppl like xavier."
That isn't my definition..it's marvel's definition.
Moderator
#75 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, you need an X gene to be a Homo superior

#76 Posted by Gemma Fox (16 posts) - - Show Bio
deadpool#1fanjon said:
"deadpool is not really a mutant he is just like wolverine he wasnt born with them."
lol
#77 Edited by LordCosmicKing (2629 posts) - - Show Bio

obviously not, since its been put in print in the X title numerously by the guy who coined the term it would look like its not.  :P

#78 Posted by Vance Astro (91286 posts) - - Show Bio
LordCosmicKing said:
"obviously not, since its been put in print in the X title numerously by the guy who coined the term it would look like its not.  :P"
You need an X-gene to be homo superior.If you didn't than there would be more than alot more than 198 mutants.
Homo Superior (also known as "mutant") is a human born with a genetic anomaly that grants them an extra-normal ability not possessed by mainstream humanity. This anomaly is known as the "X-factor" or "X-Gene."

If all you needed to do was be mutated to be a mutant than all of the Marvel U would be mutants pretty much...because than mutates would count.
Moderator
#79 Posted by Gemma Fox (16 posts) - - Show Bio

elephant man was a mutant - or so I read

#80 Posted by LordCosmicKing (2629 posts) - - Show Bio

the x gene can manifest in numerous ways not always as an ability but also as a physical manifestation.. magneto and others view themselves as homo superior a termed coined by magneto not xavier who does not believe in that term. seeing as he is the world leading geneticist in mutation and evolution. i'll side with him.  :P

#81 Posted by Gemma Fox (16 posts) - - Show Bio
LordCosmicKing said:
"the x gene can manifest in numerous ways not always as an ability but also as a physical manifestation.. magneto and others view themselves as homo superior a termed coined by magneto not xavier who does not believe in that term. seeing as he is the world leading geneticist in mutation and evolution. i'll side with him.  :P"
lol you do know pro. X isn't real right?
#82 Posted by Vance Astro (91286 posts) - - Show Bio
LordCosmicKing said:
"the x gene can manifest in numerous ways not always as an ability but also as a physical manifestation.. magneto and others view themselves as homo superior a termed coined by magneto not xavier who does not believe in that term. seeing as he is the world leading geneticist in mutation and evolution. i'll side with him.  :P"
Who cares how it manifests..if you don't have it you aren't a mutant\homo superior.
Moderator
#83 Edited by LordCosmicKing (2629 posts) - - Show Bio
Gemma Fox said:
"LordCosmicKing said:
"the x gene can manifest in numerous ways not always as an ability but also as a physical manifestation.. magneto and others view themselves as homo superior a termed coined by magneto not xavier who does not believe in that term. seeing as he is the world leading geneticist in mutation and evolution. i'll side with him.  :P"
lol you do know pro. X isn't real right?"
yes i know.. its called debating and using comic printed facts... that some ppl like to ignore who i will not name.  :P  ^


Vance Astro said:
"LordCosmicKing said:
"the x gene can manifest in numerous ways not always as an ability but also as a physical manifestation.. magneto and others view themselves as homo superior a termed coined by magneto not xavier who does not believe in that term. seeing as he is the world leading geneticist in mutation and evolution. i'll side with him.  :P"
Who cares how it manifests..if you don't have it you aren't a mutant\homo superior."

their have been human/mutant born with the gene without any powers smart guy.
#84 Posted by Vance Astro (91286 posts) - - Show Bio
LordCosmicKing said:
"Gemma Fox said:
"LordCosmicKing said:
"the x gene can manifest in numerous ways not always as an ability but also as a physical manifestation.. magneto and others view themselves as homo superior a termed coined by magneto not xavier who does not believe in that term. seeing as he is the world leading geneticist in mutation and evolution. i'll side with him.  :P"
lol you do know pro. X isn't real right?"
yes i know.. its called debating and using comic printed facts... that some ppl like to ignore who i will not name.  :P  ^


Vance Astro said:
"LordCosmicKing said:
"the x gene can manifest in numerous ways not always as an ability but also as a physical manifestation.. magneto and others view themselves as homo superior a termed coined by magneto not xavier who does not believe in that term. seeing as he is the world leading geneticist in mutation and evolution. i'll side with him.  :P"
Who cares how it manifests..if you don't have it you aren't a mutant\homo superior."

their have been human/mutant born with the gene without any powers smart guy."
WHO THE F#CK SAID YOU HAD TO HAVE POWERS..SMART GUY?
I said..that the X-gene causes people to have powers..I didn't say the words always or that you couldn't be a mutant without powers.My second statement was genetic mutations of any kind don't just make you a mutant..meaning people with physical deformities who do not have the X-gene are not mutants\homo superior (which is what we are talking about) by Marvel's definition.
Moderator
#85 Posted by LordCosmicKing (2629 posts) - - Show Bio

i am lost what are you trying to tell me from our very first post?

cause i said logan is not a mutant period..

#86 Edited by Vance Astro (91286 posts) - - Show Bio
LordCosmicKing said:
"i am lost what are you trying to tell me from our very first post?

cause i said logan is not a mutant period.."
Are you trying to piss me off or what?
My very first post that says..Wolverine IS a mutant and Deadpool was not was a response to you saying Wolverine is not a mutant..yes.
But you said...There are mutants born without powers in response to my other post and that is why I had an outburst because none of my posts say you have to have power to be a mutant..it says you have to have the x-gene and Wolverine does which makes him a mutant and Deadpool doesn't have it which makes him a mutate.
Moderator
#87 Posted by LordCosmicKing (2629 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"LordCosmicKing said:
"i am lost what are you trying to tell me from our very first post?

cause i said logan is not a mutant period.."
Are you trying to piss me off or what?
My very first post that says..Wolverine IS a mutant and Deadpool was not was a response to you saying Wolverine is not a mutant..yes.
But you said...There are mutants born without powers in response to my other post and that is why I had an outburst because none of my posts say you have to have power to be a mutant..it says you have to have the x-gene and Wolverine does which makes him a mutant and Deadpool doesn't have it which makes him a mutate.
"
  1. yes, no, maybe not sure yet.  :)
  2. answer is still no.
  3. i see wolverine technically doesnt possess the x gene because he isnt a mutant but an evolutionary off shoot.. but i understand you now thanks for the enlightenment.
#88 Edited by Vance Astro (91286 posts) - - Show Bio
LordCosmicKing said:
"Vance Astro said:
"LordCosmicKing said:
"i am lost what are you trying to tell me from our very first post?

cause i said logan is not a mutant period.."
Are you trying to piss me off or what?
My very first post that says..Wolverine IS a mutant and Deadpool was not was a response to you saying Wolverine is not a mutant..yes.
But you said...There are mutants born without powers in response to my other post and that is why I had an outburst because none of my posts say you have to have power to be a mutant..it says you have to have the x-gene and Wolverine does which makes him a mutant and Deadpool doesn't have it which makes him a mutate.
"
  1. yes, no, maybe not sure yet.  :)
  2. answer is still no.
  3. i see wolverine technically doesnt possess the x gene because he isnt a mutant but an evolutionary off shoot.. but i understand you now thanks for the enlightenment.
"
Please buy a copy of the 198 files.
Moderator
#89 Edited by LordCosmicKing (2629 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
Please buy a copy of the 198 files."
ok, i will.

please buy and read the:

 In Jeph Loeb's recent arc on Wolverine, Evolution, he (the author, outside of the comic, and Black Panther and Wolverine both inside) states that Wolverine is not homo sapiens superior, but rather homo lupus (no sapiens), a branch of humanity sharing common ancestors with wolves and other canines rather than simians. Other members of homo lupus include Sabretooth, Romulus, Wild Child, Sasquatch, Feral, Thorne, and Wolfsbane (probably Daken as well, and possibly even Cyber).
#90 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance, one day these forums are going to give you an aneurysm. Also, I blame all of these stupid arguments about Wolverine on Loeb.

#91 Posted by Vance Astro (91286 posts) - - Show Bio
LordCosmicKing said:
"Vance Astro said:
Please buy a copy of the 198 files."
ok, i will.

please buy and read the:

 In Jeph Loeb's recent arc on Wolverine, Evolution, he (the author, outside of the comic, and Black Panther and Wolverine both inside) states that Wolverine is not homo sapiens superior, but rather homo lupus (no sapiens), a branch of humanity sharing common ancestors with wolves and other canines rather than simians. Other members of homo lupus include Sabretooth, Romulus, Wild Child, Sasquatch, Feral, Thorne, and Wolfsbane (probably Daken as well, and possibly even Cyber)."
I don't have to.It was recently said that there is 198 mutants left in the world and Wolverine was listed so i'm not going along with this BS.
Moderator
#92 Edited by LordCosmicKing (2629 posts) - - Show Bio

who said it? and was he specifically mentioned by a geneticist?

#93 Posted by Vance Astro (91286 posts) - - Show Bio
Korg said:
"Vance, one day these forums are going to give you an aneurysm. Also, I blame all of these stupid arguments about Wolverine on Loeb."
They probably will.
Anyway....it seems to me that if there is in fact evidence that Wolverine doesn't have the X-gene there is confusion among writers and staff because Wolverine is listed as a mutant in every possible source and said to be so in most comics.The 198 files clearly has a page for Logan and X-23 and they are listed as part of that number.
Moderator
#94 Posted by Vance Astro (91286 posts) - - Show Bio
LordCosmicKing said:
"who said it? and was he specifically mentioned by a geneticist?"
Nobody said it..it's an X-men handbook written and published by Marvel.
Moderator
#95 Edited by LordCosmicKing (2629 posts) - - Show Bio

pretty sure wolverine was listed at one time as a cybernetic bio engineered being too... so what things change.

#96 Posted by Vance Astro (91286 posts) - - Show Bio
LordCosmicKing said:
"pretty sure was listed at one time as a cybernetic bio engineered being too... so what things change."
If he was (which I doubt) the 198 files is the latest handbook involving mutants.
Moderator
#97 Posted by Chameleone (8710 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is this thread back? Don't we know he's not a mutant?

#98 Edited by LordCosmicKing (2629 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"LordCosmicKing said:
"pretty sure was listed at one time as a cybernetic bio engineered being too... so what things change."
If he was (which I doubt) the 198 files is the latest handbook involving mutants."
you must not have read the 80's marvel presents weapon x or wolverine series.. or old card sets.  :P
#99 Posted by Vance Astro (91286 posts) - - Show Bio
LordCosmicKing said:
"Vance Astro said:
"LordCosmicKing said:
"pretty sure was listed at one time as a cybernetic bio engineered being too... so what things change."
If he was (which I doubt) the 198 files is the latest handbook involving mutants."
you most not have read the 80's marvel presents weapon x or wolverine.. or old card sets.  :P"
What ever happened in the 80's could have been retconned.Nevermind could have...has to have been.
Moderator
#100 Posted by LordCosmicKing (2629 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"LordCosmicKing said:
"Vance Astro said:
"If he was (which I doubt) the 198 files is the latest handbook involving mutants."
you most not have read the 80's marvel presents weapon x or wolverine.. or old card sets.  :P"
What ever happened in the 80's could have been retconned.Nevermind could have...has to have been."


what is this DC now with the retconned?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.