Follow

Deadpool

Character » Deadpool appears in 3332 issues.

Wade Wilson is a former test subject of the Weapon X program, where he received his regenerative healing factor through the scientific experiments conducted upon him. A prominent enemy, ally and later, member of X-Force. He's famous for breaking the Fourth Wall.

Institutionalized Story Arc

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Deadpool #41
    Deadpool #41

Part 2 hit stands yesterday, what does everyone think of this arc so far?
    afgossett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By afgossett

Sucks too boring I read Deadpool for over the top action and humor.  Not to watch some ugly fat brittish chick get berated and demoralized by her boss.  Hopefully the next arc will be better I miss Joe Kelly..
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

I thought it still had some pretty funny moments. Seems a little more serious than what Way has been doing though.
    d34dp00l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By d34dp00l
    @afgossett
    dude, if you don't miss joe kelly, you're not a true deadpool fan
    afgossett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By afgossett

@d34dp00l said:

@afgossett: dude, if you don't miss joe kelly, you're not a true deadpool fan

I guess I'm just being nostalgic.  I might miss Kelly but it's not like I want him to return to Deadpool.  I just really dislike what Way's doing with him he doesn't show enough of Deadpool's redeeming characteristics.  If it were up to me I'd want Remender to helm a Deadpool book I really like what He's doing with Wade in Uncanny X-force I think it's a really good characterization of Deadpool and it shows a lot more of his redeeming and humanstic qualities and also displays him as someone who is severely troubled, but really just want's people to like him.  I know that sounds cliche but  Way just uses him as a ranting mad man.  I think Deadpool is way to great of a character to do that to . 

Sorry you don't think I'm a "true" deadpool fan, but that's cool bro.  Anyway I still think Institutionalized sucks. .
    The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By The Lobster

While I agree that Way sucks and that Joe Kelly is god when it comes to Deadpool. 

I didn't hate this arc. In fact I'd go as far to say that this arc is actually Way's best arc yet. Although if issue 42 sucks then I'll have to retract that statement. Way at least is writing Deadpool like he gives a damn now. His comic isn't just "Look at me, I'm the guy with the guns, the man with the plan!!! I'm Sooooo crazy and funny!!!!", this arc is more subtle and is actually tackling Deadpool as a character. He hates his face, hides it behind a mask, likes violence, and talk a lot. So I think it's a step in the right direction for way and I hope he keeps it up.

Plus, If Daniel Way actually has the balls to drop the voices, like he's hinting at with issue 41 I'll actually go back to buying this series. Even if it means having to read the Evil Deadpool arc.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000
    @The Lobster said:
    While I agree that Way sucks and that Joe Kelly is god when it comes to Deadpool.   I didn't hate this arc. In fact I'd go as far to say that this arc is actually Way's best arc yet. Although if issue 42 sucks then I'll have to retract that statement. Way at least is writing Deadpool like he gives a damn now. His comic isn't just "Look at me, I'm the guy with the guns, the man with the plan!!! I'm Sooooo crazy and funny!!!!", this arc is more subtle and is actually tackling Deadpool as a character. He hates his face, hides it behind a mask, likes violence, and talk a lot. So I think it's a step in the right direction for way and I hope he keeps it up.  Plus, If Daniel Way actually has the balls to drop the voices, like he's hinting at with issue 41 I'll actually go back to buying this series. Even if it means having to read the Evil Deadpool arc.
    Who are you? is good to see the Hatrade is not you favorite drink.
    The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By The Lobster
    @DeathpooltheT1000 said:
    @The Lobster said:
    While I agree that Way sucks and that Joe Kelly is god when it comes to Deadpool.   I didn't hate this arc. In fact I'd go as far to say that this arc is actually Way's best arc yet. Although if issue 42 sucks then I'll have to retract that statement. Way at least is writing Deadpool like he gives a damn now. His comic isn't just "Look at me, I'm the guy with the guns, the man with the plan!!! I'm Sooooo crazy and funny!!!!", this arc is more subtle and is actually tackling Deadpool as a character. He hates his face, hides it behind a mask, likes violence, and talk a lot. So I think it's a step in the right direction for way and I hope he keeps it up.  Plus, If Daniel Way actually has the balls to drop the voices, like he's hinting at with issue 41 I'll actually go back to buying this series. Even if it means having to read the Evil Deadpool arc.
    Who are you? is good to see the Hatrade is not you favorite drink.
    I judge a book by what's in it, not by who wrote it. I'm not going to automatically hate the book cause Way wrote it.

I hate Way, but I'll give credit when credit is due.
    Man of Lengend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By Man of Lengend

i liked it .... i know i know im about to be stones to death

Pacperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Pacperson

....I hate Way as much as the next guy....but this arc....hasn't been that bad :O! there have been some real character moments...and no more stupid voices :)

But lets see how it ends, before i get any hope for this....

Haustyl12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Haustyl12

I like it because it may show a more personal side to deadpool (I hope)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.