Follow

Deadpool

Character » Deadpool appears in 3332 issues.

Wade Wilson is a former test subject of the Weapon X program, where he received his regenerative healing factor through the scientific experiments conducted upon him. A prominent enemy, ally and later, member of X-Force. He's famous for breaking the Fourth Wall.

I'm &%$#ing sick of Deadpool....

• 154 results
    Argentino_18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Argentino_18

Tell me how a parody character, the living personification of a ninties Anti-hero can have so many &%$#ing titles in sale right now 
    Tell me how a characted with a shitty origin and bad jokes is so high in the comic industry right now.... 

It was funny in Cable and Deadpool, Nathan being the Straight guy and Deadpool te funny one, but since then Deadpool is the new Wolverine he appears in so many titles and haves 4 %&$#ing titles for himself Deadpool, Deadpool Merc with a Mouth, Deadpool Team-up and Prelude to Deadpool corps.... 

Why we need to see his %&$#ing yellow inner monlogue in almost any comic..... 
    Why he got a movie deal even before than other heroes, that are well written.... 

Really I'm think I'm going to storm Marvel HQ with a c-4 jacket..    

Avatar image for thejuggernautpunch
    TheJuggernautpunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sick of him too . But I just ignore him . Advise the same to you .

WhoDunnit101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By WhoDunnit101

It's the nostalgia of the 90's.  

People who read comics books are known to live 10-20 years in the past as far as their appearances go.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By InnerVenom123

Its because of his upcoming movie. Deadpool is a cool character, sure, but he does not deserve this much attention.
    mv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mv

I feel you man no homo they are pushing him way too much

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By dane

co-signed.

El Bread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#6  Edited By El Bread

Sorry, man.  The fact is comic book  characters are trendy now, particularly the "edgy" ones and for everyone who wasn't in the know about him,  Deadpool made a good impression on movie goers with the Wolverine movie that I will disavow any knowledge of after this post, so yes they're going to saturate the market with this suddenly hot property.  I think Deadpool is an unbelievably entertaining character and many of his stories are enjoyable.  Don't be upset that Marvel thinks they can turn a sociopathic killer into a cute and cuddly mascot.  Can we start blaming Disney?

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

An incredible character that over-saturated the market in less than a year. 
    @El Bread said:

"Can we start blaming Disney? "
    100% Marvel's fault.
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AngelFrost
    Deadpool is stupid
    he's pointless, pure pointless.  & not even funny.
    sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By sexy_merc

I concur, it will only get worse once the movie comes out. Just like Dark Knight all over again, he's gonna have way more fanboys and bandwagoners.
    *Infinity*

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By *Infinity*

I can stand him more than Wolverine
    Avatar image for capo_del_bandito
    Capo_Del_Bandito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Capo_Del_Bandito

Well some of the writers can handle him and tell a story with'em that doesn't revolve around bad jokes and acting psychotic for no reason. Way just doesn't happen to be one of them. 

Hell, he can't tell a story at all. 

If there were a capable writer, able to craft a story, or even just a short arc that expanded teh character, i'd be all for it. But instead we get crap upon crap, the same Peter Griffen/Homer Simpson in a superhero suit to prance about and act stupid.. And that's what sells: acting retarded with little to no storytelling.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc7df6492da
    deactivated-5ffc7df6492da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 2

I'm sick of people complaining about this so much just live with it, I mean it's only a comic

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

Just uhh..... dont buy them?..problem solved.

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

" Just uhh..... dont buy them?..problem solved. "

i agree. Deadpool is no where near everywhere. he's in his comics.
    he has an action figure or two. thats about it. after his movie comes
    out, yeah, then he'll be everywhere. until then, nadda. for the most
    part right now one has to actually expose themselves to him on purpose,
    to be sick of him, hence not really the comics fault (like i said yet, after the movie
    when he's on posters, Happy meals, yeah, but even then just avoid his section in the 
    toy isle at Wal-Mart. lol)
    Lustwish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Lustwish
    @BiteMe-Fanboy: 
    hit the nail right on the head my friend.
    ArtJoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By ArtJoker

He has been popping up more, while it has been frustrating seeing him being milked a whole lot, I don't mind him if his is written well.

AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By AngelFrost

DP and Wolverine should just fall into a black abyss and never be seen again ....   they are a disgrace to comics in my opinion. :D

Lustwish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Lustwish

My advice is just read Daniel Way's Deadpool.  Its all you really need no?  Dude can write.  Wolverine Origins.

Capo_Del_Bandito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Capo_Del_Bandito
    @Lustwish: The man can barely get a plot going. He relies on simple ideas and then just sorta wanders around instead of getting to the point. It's the same reason instead of wrapping up an arc he drags it out for a long while since he has nothing original to do.

Way's Deadpool is so far out of character it's beyond satire. 

Go back to Joe Kelly's DP for the good stuff. Character development, a story, and the filler wasn't half bad either.

Simone's stuff was a good comic book, just sorta short and didn't really go anywhere.
    Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#21  Edited By Korg
    @Lustwish said: 

" My advice is just read Daniel Way's Deadpool."

My advice is the exact opposite of this. Daniel Way writes the worst Deadpool stories ever. Deadpool has had zero serious moments since Way took over the book. Way does not understand the character, and has made him ridiculously one-dimensional.
    moviegeek17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By moviegeek17
    @Korg:   i'll second what you just said
    Mutant X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Mutant X
    @Lustwish said:
    " My advice is just read Daniel Way's Deadpool.  Its all you really need no?  Dude can write.  Wolverine Origins. "
    That's all I read now. All the other series' are just a waste of $3.
    JaYDaFuRy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24  Edited By JaYDaFuRy
    @CATMANEXE said:
    "@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

" Just uhh..... dont buy them?..problem solved. "

i agree. Deadpool is no where near everywhere. he's in his comics. he has an action figure or two. thats about it. after his movie comes out, yeah, then he'll be everywhere. until then, nadda. for the most part right now one has to actually expose themselves to him on purpose, to be sick of him, hence not really the comics fault (like i said yet, after the movie when he's on posters, Happy meals, yeah, but even then just avoid his section in the  toy isle at Wal-Mart. lol) "

100% true people over react for no reason, its just a comic book character, hes no where else besides that. just because when you take a trip to the comic store and you see his face on some covers for marvel, doesnt make him anywere near everywhere....
    JaYDaFuRy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25  Edited By JaYDaFuRy
    @Korg said:
    "@Lustwish said: 

My advice is the exact opposite of this. Daniel Way writes the worst Deadpool stories ever. Deadpool has had zero serious moments since Way took over the book. Way does not understand the character, and has made him ridiculously one-dimensional. "

daniel way is a horrible deadpool writer, he makes him out to be so stupid and plotless. joe kelly plzzzzzzzzzz 
    way dont liek deadpool !
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#26  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @AngelFrost said:
    "Deadpool is stupid he's pointless, pure pointless.  & not even funny. "

Depends on the writer.
    Mutant X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Mutant X
    @Korg said:

" @Lustwish said: 

My advice is the exact opposite of this. Daniel Way writes the worst Deadpool stories ever. Deadpool has had zero serious moments since Way took over the book. Way does not understand the character, and has made him ridiculously one-dimensional. "
    Victor Gischler isn't any better. I just like Way's writing overall more than Gischler's.

Daniel Way is the best writer on Deadpool right now. If it was my choice, Joe Kelly would write it and all the other series' would be exterminated.
    The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By The Lobster

It's hard to take you seriously when you can spell and your grammar is off to the point where it becomes ridiculous. My suggestion, take some time when writing, or download Mozilla Firefox (which has a spell checker). So since you've attracted my attention with your bad spelling, I'm now going to pick your post apart. 

"Tell me how a parody character, the living personification of a ninties Anti-hero can have so many &%$#ing titles in sale right now 
    Tell me how a characted with a shitty origin and bad jokes is so high in the comic industry right now.... "

You make it sound like he is a being a parody is a bad thing? Since when should the fact that a character who was created because his creator drew inspiration from another be a bad thing? At least Deadpool has reached the point where he's practically his own character. Also his origin isn't shitty just convoluted and if there's anyone to blame for all of that it's the writer of the Cable and Deadpool series, he basically threw out everything writers before him created and started anew but still kept it in continuity. 

"It was funny in Cable and Deadpool, Nathan being the Straight guy and Deadpool te funny one, but since then Deadpool is the new Wolverine he appears in so many titles and haves 4 %&$#ing titles for himself Deadpool, Deadpool Merc with a Mouth, Deadpool Team-up and Prelude to Deadpool corps.... "

Well Prelude to Deadpool Corps isn't an ongoing its sort of a prequel limited series to The Deadpool Corps which is a ongoing series but I see your point. This is the only point I agree with you in. To be honest though I only buy Merc with a Mouth, since it's very similar of the classic Joe Kelly years and is like one big adventure. The humor is better then Way's by a landslide and the story is enough to keep me entertained. Daniel Way's Deadpool has had a few okay arcs, but Way doesn't understand the character and isn't all that funny. Team-Up is terrible and I gave up after the issue with Ghost Rider. So out of the four series I only buy the one I like, which is what you should do too....you don't have to collect every single series just the ones you like, if you don't like it then don't buy it, it's that simple.

Argentino_18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Argentino_18
    Capo_Del_Bandito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Capo_Del_Bandito
    @Korg said:
    " @Lustwish said: 

I love you!
    Mbecks14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#31  Edited By Mbecks14
    @Argentino_18: 
    i've never found deadpool as an interesting character. so i totally agree with you. He needs to go.
    Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Korg
    @The Lobster said:
    " Also his origin isn't shitty just convoluted and if there's anyone to blame for all of that it's the writer of the Cable and Deadpool series, he basically threw out everything writers before him created and started anew but still kept it in continuity."
    That would be Fabian Nicieza, who created the character, and wrote his first appearances, and his first mini. So saying he threw out everything writers before him created and started anew is pretty asinine.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#33  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

You should just ignore Deadpool like I do.I hate the character.Way's Deadpool is absolute garbage.In fact everything Way writes sucks IMO.But seeing as how Deadpool has only briefly appeared in one comic I was reading during Dark Reign and none i've read during Siege.His presence doesn't even bother me.In fact I've ignored him to the point I don't even acknowledge his comics in the comic shop.I will read them eventually because it's Marvel and I am an fanboy.I mean I did read Damage Control..Deadpool is far better than that.I just think all the hate toward the character for all the attention he's getting is unnecessary because Marvel's most popular books don't feature him and he's not really that significant to the Marvel U as a whole.Accept for the times he appeared in Origins and Wolverine..fortunately I haven't had to deal with him.

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By The Lobster
    @Korg said:
    " @The Lobster said:
    " Also his origin isn't shitty just convoluted and if there's anyone to blame for all of that it's the writer of the Cable and Deadpool series, he basically threw out everything writers before him created and started anew but still kept it in continuity."
    That would be Fabian Nicieza, who created the character, and wrote his first appearances, and his first mini. So saying he threw out everything writers before him created and started anew is pretty asinine. "
    uh, so what if he created the character...just because he helped make the character that doesn't give him the right to throw away everything the writers before him created. It's called first come, first serve and he didn't give Deadpool a full origin first so other writers picked up the slack.
    speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By speedlgt

we cant compare deadpool to wolverine...........wolverine may very well have become marvels top cash cow dethroning spiderman as the posterboy/ flagship character of marvel comics. many fans even if they dont like wolverine know that.  Deadpool is at best a cult icon hes just like boba fett yeah hes cool and you sound cool knowing that you are familar with a C LEvel hero like deadpool while others only know maineventers like spidey and wolverine.

you cant compare boba fett with han solo? or darth vander for that matter.
    dead pool is just not that important in the big picture of marvel hell clint batron is more important human torch is more importnat.

now deadpool brings some money and thats cool but he in no way affects the marvel universe.
    he just barely matters

Delta Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Delta Red

It's cool to hate the popular things. 
    Like it has been said, if you don't like it, don't buy it.
    Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Korg
    @The Lobster said:

"everything the writers before him created."

There were no Deadpool writers before him.

@The Lobster said:

" It's called first come, first serve "

What is called first come first serve? Your personal take on the topic? Nicieza came first in any case.

@The Lobster said:

" that doesn't give him the right to throw away everything the writers before him created."

He was given that right by Marvel anyway. Who are you to say what he can and cannot do with a character he created, and was given creative control over again for a lengthy period of time? Are you the EIC of Marvel? No. Nicieza had his own ideas about Deadpool's origins, so he picked up his own slack, and did what he wanted with it, because that was literally his job.
    Avatar image for squiresmadnessmachine
    squiresmadnessmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i am fine with it becuase they are not pushing wolverine like they used to i wish the wolverine fanbase would disapear so i can enjoy one of my favorites again 
    i used to like deadpool when he was a badass asasin making appearences here and there 
    but i am so sick of him and all his fanboys if we could get rid of gambit and storm i would be happy to also way sick of them
    The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By The Lobster
    @Korg said:

" @The Lobster said:

"everything the writers before him created."

There were no Deadpool writers before him.

@The Lobster said:

" It's called first come, first serve "

What is called first come first serve? Your personal take on the topic? Nicieza came first in any case.

@The Lobster said:

" that doesn't give him the right to throw away everything the writers before him created."

He was given that right by Marvel anyway. Who are you to say what he can and cannot do with a character he created, and was given creative control over again for a lengthy period of time? Are you the EIC of Marvel? No. Nicieza had his own ideas about Deadpool's origins, so he picked up his own slack, and did what he wanted with it, because that was literally his job. "
    1) Yes he was the first but once he stopped writers like Joe Kelly and all of those other writers came in to fill in the blanks he left in.

2) Yes it's my personal take, if he didn't bother writing the full origin when he had the chance too then it's only fair for the writers after him to do so. You just don't throw away everything writers like him did before like it never happened. 

3) Sure Marvel gave him the right too, but doesn't mean he should have. Being the creator of the character doesn't give you special privileges. Like I said, first come, first serve. First origin created is the origin that should be used. Imagine if the guy who created Wolverine (Len Wein) decided that he no longer liked Wolverine's origin and decided to just throw all that out and start anew but still keep it in continuity. You just don't do that.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Delta Red said:
    " It's cool to hate the popular things. Like it has been said, if you don't like it, don't buy it. "
    I don't know about the person who made the thread but I don't hate Deadpool because he's popular.I hate him because he's become a predictable and annoying character.
    Suigetsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#41  Edited By Suigetsu
    @WhoDunnit101 said:
    " It's the nostalgia of the 90's.    People who read comics books are known to live 10-20 years in the past as far as their appearances go. "
    This^^^^
    But daniel way is so fkin arrogant that he denies it... and so are the editors at marvel.
    PYH000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By PYH000
    @Vance Astro:@Vance Astro said:
    " @Delta Red said:
    " It's cool to hate the popular things. Like it has been said, if you don't like it, don't buy it. "
    I don't know about the person who made the thread but I don't hate Deadpool because he's popular.I hate him because he's become a predictable and annoying character. "
    Which destroys the fact that Deadpool was suppose to be unpredictable. I read some of Way's Deadpool comics and I thought to myself why doesn't he has that corrosive wit of his? Where's the arrogant, sarcastic, immature, sadistic, smarter-than-he-looks, one-liners spouting character of his? Where's the dark humor? Some writers try too hard to make him funny but that shouldn't be the main element of him. I like Deadpool but I'm not fond of him and it would be better if he went back to being a b-list or even a c-list character. One Deadpool title is enough.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @244 said:
    " @Vance Astro:@Vance Astro said:
    " @Delta Red said:
    I don't know about the person who made the thread but I don't hate Deadpool because he's popular.I hate him because he's become a predictable and annoying character. "
    Which destroys the fact that Deadpool was suppose to be unpredictable. I read some of Way's Deadpool comics and I thought to myself why doesn't he has that corrosive wit of his? Where's the arrogant, sarcastic, immature, sadistic, smarter-than-he-looks, one-liners spouting character of his? Where's the dark humor? Some writers try too hard to make him funny but that shouldn't be the main element of him. I like Deadpool but I'm not fond of him and it would be better if he went back to being a b-list or even a c-list character. One Deadpool title is enough. "
    It doesn't matter how many Deadpool titles there are as long as they are worth a read.If you're just purposely giving him a bunch of exposure to try and make him popular..it has worked but it's not really progressing the character.
    eserrano05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#44  Edited By eserrano05

My advice read the old issues of deadpool from the 90s if you want a good story.
    PYH000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By PYH000
    @Vance Astro:@Vance Astro said:
    " @244 said:
    " @Vance Astro:@Vance Astro said:
    " @Delta Red said:
    Which destroys the fact that Deadpool was suppose to be unpredictable. I read some of Way's Deadpool comics and I thought to myself why doesn't he has that corrosive wit of his? Where's the arrogant, sarcastic, immature, sadistic, smarter-than-he-looks, one-liners spouting character of his? Where's the dark humor? Some writers try too hard to make him funny but that shouldn't be the main element of him. I like Deadpool but I'm not fond of him and it would be better if he went back to being a b-list or even a c-list character. One Deadpool title is enough. "
    It doesn't matter how many Deadpool titles there are as long as they are worth a read.If you're just purposely giving him a bunch of exposure to try and make him popular..it has worked but it's not really progressing the character. "

Yeah, I can see your logic.
    Argentino_18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Argentino_18

For my Horror he is going to appear in another series... 
    It seems he will appear in Cable 25

Delta Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Delta Red

It's the last and final issue of Cable (#25) and it will be named Deadpool & Cable #25. 
    It's only that, only one issue (for the moment).  
    But it doesn't take away the fact that he is still everywhere.
    Ashra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Ashra

I like Deadpool, he is one my favorite comic book characters, but I dislike the mass hysteria over him right now.

CylonDorado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By CylonDorado

Meh. It's just capitolism at work. There's a demand, so they supply. Don't worry. There's still plenty of boring characters nobody's ever heard of to go around. 

I don't get why so many people are so vocal about hating characters a lot of other people like. Go read the ones you do like :P.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Deadpool is supposed to have a movie coming out soon.So I would assume that is the purpose for over-saturating the market with Deadpool.Other characters won't need that push because they are already popular.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.