If not Ryan Reynolds, then who?

• 95 results
#51 Posted by Nexy21 (309 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah if not Ryan Reynolds, Sean William Scott would be the only other choice because of his mentality.
#52 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10845 posts) - - Show Bio
@monopolyloser said:
Just throwing this out there, but what about Joseph Gordon Levitt?
What are you smoking man?
#53 Posted by Omarpool (6773 posts) - - Show Bio
@DeathpooltheT1000 said:
@monopolyloser said:
Yeah wtf?
#54 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10845 posts) - - Show Bio
@Omarpool said:
@DeathpooltheT1000 said:
@monopolyloser said:
Yeah wtf?
Yeah, i mean i know that some day Deadpool will team up with Mickey Mouse, but still i dont see JGLdoing Deadpool.
#55 Posted by ReverseNegative (2729 posts) - - Show Bio

Wade Wilson

#56 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10845 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReverseNegative said:
Wade Wilson
Did you mean Mike Galusic or Nate I dont know his last name?
#57 Posted by monopolyloser (74 posts) - - Show Bio
@DeathpooltheT1000: yeesh sorry, I thought I'd just throw another name to the mix for a discussion.  forgive me
#58 Posted by ReverseNegative (2729 posts) - - Show Bio

In actuality, most characters like Deadpool who rarely ever show anything under thier costume, they should only have voice actors and make CGI models of the characters in actual film. It would make it alot easier to adapt the costumes. Just look at the CGI for Arkham City. The Batman there could work perfectely over an actual movie.
#59 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10845 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReverseNegative said:
In actuality, most characters like Deadpool who rarely ever show anything under thier costume, they should only have voice actors and make CGI models of the characters in actual film. It would make it alot easier to adapt the costumes. Just look at the CGI for Arkham City. The Batman there could work perfectely over an actual movie.
No waay that peoplewant to see CGI, for some reason people wants actor for his superheroes, even if they have to be paid 70 million bucks.
#60 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio

Jim Carrey... Without a doubt...  Cover him up with the scar tissue and he'd be perfect for the roll...

#61 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10845 posts) - - Show Bio
@Timandm said:
Jim Carrey... Without a doubt...  Cover him up with the scar tissue and he'd be perfect for the roll...
The Riddler?
Sorry but Carrey is over, since his crappy i want to be a serious actor thing, he is not funny anymore.
Worst since he was a better serious actor when he was a comedy actor.
#62 Posted by lucafon18 (17 posts) - - Show Bio

Ryan Reynalds is my number 1 choice but Sean William Scott might be able to pull it off

#63 Posted by thegreat4u (350 posts) - - Show Bio

i think that bradley cooper could do a good job cuz he is good actor he is good in in limitlesss and he can pull of deadpools personality cuz in A team and Hangover he prove that he can be funny and do action
#64 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10845 posts) - - Show Bio
@thegreat4u said:
i think that bradley cooper could do a good job cuz he is good actor he is good in in limitlesss and he can pull of deadpools personality cuz in A team and Hangover he prove that he can be funny and do action
I really hope this is a joke.
#65 Posted by King Quisling (1980 posts) - - Show Bio

Sean William Scott or Aston Kutcher are annoying enough. With Christopher Mintz-Plasse as Bob Agent of Hydra

#66 Posted by Adnan (1037 posts) - - Show Bio

You know, that one scene in the Wolverine movie, where Reynolds still had a mouth...I thought he made a decent Deadpool (apart from the lack of a suit, though it would've looked too out-of-place in that scene) As for Hal Jordan...he had his moments, but overall it was a little wierd. The oath didn't sound as wierd as I thought it would saying it IRL though.

#67 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10845 posts) - - Show Bio
@Adnan said:
You know, that one scene in the Wolverine movie, where Reynolds still had a mouth...I thought he made a decent Deadpool (apart from the lack of a suit, though it would've looked too out-of-place in that scene) As for Hal Jordan...he had his moments, but overall it was a little wierd. The oath didn't sound as wierd as I thought it would saying it IRL though.
And this have something to do with the recasting thing, because?
#68 Posted by Nuff_Said_Comics (40 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Heath Ledger could do it, he was great in Batman Begins.

I am a artist.
#69 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10845 posts) - - Show Bio
@Adnan said:
@DeathpooltheT1000: It was more in response to the bit about OP's friend thinking Ryan Reynolds wasn't a good Deadpool, than the recasting thing.
Yeah, but he ask for recasting, i know you guys love the guy to much, but there is a bunch of guys that could do the job.
#70 Posted by D_Pooly (28 posts) - - Show Bio

I have no idea why but John Leguizamo would be...Intresting i think. i mean we know he can be funny and serious if he has to from the movies ive seen idk it would just be intresting all together lol but i think Ryan is still a good choice but i hate the fact that he was green lanturn

#71 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10845 posts) - - Show Bio
@D_Pooly said:

I have no idea why but John Leguizamo would be...Intresting i think. i mean we know he can be funny and serious if he has to from the movies ive seen idk it would just be intresting all together lol but i think Ryan is still a good choice but i hate the fact that he was green lanturn

He was the best thing from Spawn, for people that dont remember him on that movie, he was using a fat suit.
#72 Posted by Silver Knight75 (1145 posts) - - Show Bio

James Roday

#73 Posted by Augustus Freeman VI (213 posts) - - Show Bio

@Silver Knight75 said:

James Roday

I second this choice fully sir. Roday as Shawn in Psych is basically Deadpool with no healing factor or gorey violence. Shawn is all random pop culture references and wacky hi-jinks

#74 Posted by Onemoreposter (4052 posts) - - Show Bio

@D_Pooly said:

Oh man. I think it'ed be really different from what people would expect and i think it would be FANTASTIC. After he pulled off clown

I'll get behind him on anything.

#75 Posted by handsome_stud (272 posts) - - Show Bio

Jim Carrey with someone else doing the body work... or CGI to make him look buff

#76 Posted by End_Boss (737 posts) - - Show Bio

Hugh Laurie? Hugh Laurie?

Has this woman ever read a Deadpool comic in her life?

#77 Posted by D3athstroke (3917 posts) - - Show Bio

Seann William Scott

#78 Posted by JonSmith (3996 posts) - - Show Bio

It doesn't really matter beyond the voice and mannerisms. Whoever they get is going to spend most of their time under a mask, and even without the mask they're going to be mutilated under a bunch of make up scar tissue. Deadpool'll be a lot like V from V for Vendetta (the film) as far as physically playing him goes: You don't need a super emotive actor. If you can get someone to pull off the body and act along with what's being said, you can bring in someone totally separate for the voice.

#79 Posted by The Lobster (1513 posts) - - Show Bio

Seann William Scott would be my second choice. 

#80 Posted by TheCannon (18737 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Reynolds did a good Wade Wilson and could do a good Deadpool. It was just the same problem as Green Lantern, it was written horribly.

#81 Posted by sunhawk (550 posts) - - Show Bio

Jensen Ackles, Supernatural's Dean Winchester could play Deadpool.

#82 Posted by Rabidwolfdog (259 posts) - - Show Bio

Brad Pitt! eh I guess Shawn William Scott is the best alternative, he did good in " The Goon"

#83 Posted by akbogert (3222 posts) - - Show Bio

Reading through this thread has been moderately entertaining, primarily because more than half of it consists of people being told to pick someone other than Ryan Reynolds or being mocked for picking someone other than Ryan Reynolds. Clearly many people would be disappointed if someone else got the role ahead of him.

Between the MVC3 version of Deadpool and the upcoming eponymous game version, it seems like he could be taken in a few directions (younger/enthusiastic, or older/insane...er). I don't really have an idea for the latter but I actually can see James Roday pulling it off (though what a departure in tone from Psych).

#84 Posted by Yasiiii4 (150 posts) - - Show Bio

@akbogert said:

Reading through this thread has been moderately entertaining, primarily because more than half of it consists of people being told to pick someone other than Ryan Reynolds or being mocked for picking someone other than Ryan Reynolds. Clearly many people would be disappointed if someone else got the role ahead of him.

Between the MVC3 version of Deadpool and the upcoming eponymous game version, it seems like he could be taken in a few directions (younger/enthusiastic, or older/insane...er). I don't really have an idea for the latter but I actually can see James Roday pulling it off (though what a departure in tone from Psych).

hmmm James Roday wouldn't be a bad idea actually

#85 Posted by akbogert (3222 posts) - - Show Bio

@Yasiiii4: I know, right? But props go to others for the idea:

@Augustus Freeman VI said:

@Silver Knight75 said:

James Roday

I second this choice fully sir. Roday as Shawn in Psych is basically Deadpool with no healing factor or gorey violence. Shawn is all random pop culture references and wacky hi-jinks

#86 Posted by RawrImADragon (206 posts) - - Show Bio

i always thought chris evans would've been a good idea but he's cap now so idk...

#87 Posted by Tuffy11111 (14 posts) - - Show Bio

@RawrImADragon said:

i always thought chris evans would've been a good idea but he's cap now so idk...

Well I'm still mad that they didn't cast Thomas Jane as Captain America. But I suppose that isn't what this is about. I just started reading Deadpool from the beginning, and I could really see where they think he fit. I think he fit very well.

#88 Posted by Joygirl (19968 posts) - - Show Bio

@ApatheticAvenger said:

@The Dark Huntress: She does, though unlike me she is a more casual reader. She likes Deadpool, The Walking Dead, and anything Alan Moore.

She sounds like a hipster.

#89 Posted by Joygirl (19968 posts) - - Show Bio

@Iron_Turtle said:

Coming out of the left field.... How about James Franco?

James Franco is a possibility, but honestly Reynolds was perfect casting.

#91 Posted by Joygirl (19968 posts) - - Show Bio

@ApatheticAvenger said:

@Joygirl said:

@ApatheticAvenger said:

@The Dark Huntress: She does, though unlike me she is a more casual reader. She likes Deadpool, The Walking Dead, and anything Alan Moore.

She sounds like a hipster.

She gets that occasionally, being a lesbian Buddhist and vegetarian. The distinction is that there is nothing "ironic" about what she does, she's the most genuine person I know.

Right right. Just that that particular combination of things are all very "cool" to like, so I assumed.

#93 Posted by Joygirl (19968 posts) - - Show Bio

@ApatheticAvenger: Ah well. S'all good. ^_^ I like a few of those things as well, so hey. She would likely also like more things if she were exposed to them. *shrug*

#95 Posted by TDK_1997 (14896 posts) - - Show Bio

Ryan Reynolds is perfect for the role for me.I really like him as an actor also.

#96 Posted by c2thaj (51 posts) - - Show Bio

Jim Carrey 20 years ago.

#97 Posted by akbogert (3222 posts) - - Show Bio

@c2thaj said:

Jim Carrey 20 years ago.

Hahaha. THIS.

#98 Posted by vicioushero (163 posts) - - Show Bio

Donald Glover for Deadpool

#99 Posted by NiKva (94 posts) - - Show Bio

Will Ferrell

#100 Posted by theundyingmerc (1 posts) - - Show Bio

neil patrick harris

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.