If Fox fires Ryan of the movie, what would be your reaction?

#1 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10228 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok, lest say Fox is sick and tired that Ryan is doing millions of thing and that for the same there is no way to make th movie with him, so fox decide well lets make the movie without Ryan.

What would be your reaction?

I know many Deadpool "fans" actually likes him, becuase they like Ryan, not becuase they actually like Deadpool.

#2 Posted by Adnan (1037 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends who they replace him with. To be honest, I felt Ryan was a good Deadpool during that 40-second scene of him before he was turned into that

#3 Posted by Samurai Condoms (152 posts) - - Show Bio

They shouldn't be making a Deadpool movie.Give me a new Daredevil movie first.He's more important.

#4 Posted by MyraMyraMyra (296 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, yes please. I think Ryan Reynolds is overrated. He's not that funny, he's not that charismatic, and he isn't much of an actor, either. He wasn't horrible in Wolverine: Origins - though the movie itself was horrible - but he wasn't great, either.

My main problem with Ryan Reynolds is that he plays Ryan Reynolds in every film. He doesn't really act. He just does that same "Funny Guy Who Likes To Hit On Girls" routine in all the movies and TV-series he's in. Sometimes, though, he makes a daring move and pulls of a "Slightly Sarcastic Ladies Man" role instead. He's kind of like the Steven Seagal of that character type. Ergo, I fear that a Deadpool movie starring Ryan Reynolds would be a mere Ryan Reynolds vechile tailored for his style of acting reciting lines in front of a camera.

#5 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@Adnan said:

Depends who they replace him with. To be honest, I felt Ryan was a good Deadpool during that 40-second scene of him before he was turned into that

That was played by another character.

#6 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

Was anyone else wondering why in blade 3 the changed every character trait about Hannibal King from the comics so they could turn him into another bland funny sidekick?

#7 Posted by Mr. Dead Pool (2625 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by Billy Batson (57939 posts) - - Show Bio

BB

#9 Posted by Abnormally Warm Guy (1297 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: no it wasn't. Ryan had a stunt double but the close up shots were still Ryan.

#10 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12931 posts) - - Show Bio

It would depend on who they got to replace him. i like Ryan but Deadpool is who is most important to me.

#11 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@Abnormally Warm Guy said:

@ReVamp: no it wasn't. Ryan had a stunt double but the close up shots were still Ryan.

You sure?

#12 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Adkins

Wikipedia states "Deadpool" as having been played by Scott Adkins.

#13 Posted by Shadow_Thief (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh, I wasn't that impressed with his character in Origins (which I refuse to consider Deadpool), but I fault the writing for that more than I do Reynolds. That monstrosity at the end aside, the few jokes he made were pretty flat and uninspired; I can't think of anybody who'd be able to do much with that material. Still willing to give Reynolds a fair shot, but it wouldn't break my heart to see someone else in the role.

#14 Edited by DEADPOOL (2703 posts) - - Show Bio

One word? "NNNNNOOOOOOOOOO!!!!"

Unless it was someone that ended up impressing me, but so far Ryan Reynolds has impressed me and he's a Deadpool geek so he knows the character well.

@ReVamp said:

Weapon 11 was played by both Ryan Reynolds and Scott Adkins, and it was almost laughable at how they obviously switched between scenes.

#15 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10228 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mr. Dead Pool: @DEADPOOL:

@ReVamp: @Abnormally Warm Guy: @Adnan: Well you could ask Adkins in his website and he will anwser that.

Sorry guys, i think Adkins could do everything Ryan does, just that people blame him for Weapon XI, even when he was not a producer and Hugh Jackmans was a producer.

#16 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEADPOOL said:

One word? "NNNNNOOOOOOOOOO!!!!"

Unless it was someone that ended up impressing me, but so far Ryan Reynolds has impressed me and he's a Deadpool geek so he knows the character well.

@ReVamp said:

Weapon 11 was played by both Ryan Reynolds and Scott Adkins, and it was almost laughable at how they obviously switched between scenes.

Didn't know about that.

@DeathpooltheT1000: Nice.

#17 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10228 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp: Thank you there isother Noo videos on youtube, ok arr ytmd things, about the Nooo, but there is a bunch of them.
#18 Posted by perry_411 (428 posts) - - Show Bio

You don't need Ryan Reynolds you need a great actor. Did anyone think Christian Bale could do Batman? He's only made it the franchise 2 Billion.

#19 Posted by Samimista (20668 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't care if he got fired to be honest.

#20 Posted by AmazingSpidey_707 (60 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know, because in Wolverine Origins he didn't get much screen time so I can't judge if he's a good Deadpool or not. (Off-Topic) If they make a Deadpool movie wouldn't it be cool if he "breaks the fourth wall in the movie."

#21 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

@perry_411 said:

You don't need Ryan Reynolds you need a great actor. Did anyone think Christian Bale could do Batman? He's only made it the franchise 2 Billion.

I never considered him as a Batman before begins but it sounded like a good idea when he was announced IMO

#22 Posted by Tigerstriper (455 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh. Wouldn't hurt my feelings. How many comic book characters can one man play?

I'll accept Sam Elliott as Carter Slade and General Ross, because he's Sam Elliott and he can play whoever he wants.

#23 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

eh, tired of ryan reynolds he suck as green lantern and they should replace him with sean william scott.

#24 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10228 posts) - - Show Bio

@Tigerstriper said:

Meh. Wouldn't hurt my feelings. How many comic book characters can one man play?

I'll accept Sam Elliott as Carter Slade and General Ross, because he's Sam Elliott and he can play whoever he wants.

So he is the female version of Betty White?

@Mega_spidey01 said:

eh, tired of ryan reynolds he suck as green lantern and they should replace him with sean william scott.

Ryan is overrated and Sean is underrated, people dont understand Sean alway play Stiffler becuase that what the crappy diector told him to do, he cant act otther roles and is quite good for the action movie roles.

#25 Posted by Tigerstriper (455 posts) - - Show Bio

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

@Tigerstriper said:

Actually, I'm kinda tired of Betty White being all over the place right now. But that sounds how Wade would put it, except I think he's more of a Bea Arthur man.

#26 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10228 posts) - - Show Bio

@Tigerstriper said:

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

@Tigerstriper said:

Actually, I'm kinda tired of Betty White being all over the place right now. But that sounds how Wade would put it, except I think he's more of a Bea Arthur man.

But Bea Arthur is dead.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.