Follow

Deadpool

Character » Deadpool appears in 3322 issues.

Wade Wilson is a former test subject of the Weapon X program, where he received his regenerative healing factor through the scientific experiments conducted upon him. A prominent enemy, ally and later, member of X-Force. He's famous for breaking the Fourth Wall.

I found this on You Tube

Mr. Dead Pool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By Mr. Dead Pool
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By The_Ghostshell

I'd like Deadpool if he wasn't mentally challenged.

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Korg
    Gambler said:
    What do you have against mentally challenged people? That's not cool.
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    Korg said:
    Gambler said: I'd like Deadpool if he wasn't mentally challenged. What do you have against mentally challenged people? That's not cool. [more]
    Sorry, just the way I am.
    trekkirboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By trekkirboy
    @Gambler:
    i like him being like that it shows you don't hhave to be perfect to be a hero :)
    SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By SUNMAN
    trekkirboy said:
    @Gambler: i like him being like that it shows you don't hhave to be perfect to be a hero :) [more]
    he is not a hero
    Mutant X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Mutant X
    SUNMAN said:
    trekkirboy said: @Gambler: i like him being like that it shows you don't hhave to be perfect to be a ... [more]
    Almost.
    SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By SUNMAN
    Mutant X said:
    SUNMAN said: trekkirboy said: @Gambler: i like him being like that it shows you don't hhave to be perfect to ... [more]
    I would consider him an anti-hero at best IMO
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    trekkirboy said:
    @Gambler: i like him being like that it shows you don't hhave to be perfect to be a hero :) [more]
    Its not about being perfect. Its about having the mental capacity of a 5th grader.
    Stealthpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Stealthpool
    Gambler said:
    trekkirboy said: @Gambler: i like him being like that it shows you don't hhave to be perfect to be a ... [more]
    Then you sure couldn't be a hero.

If you ever read Deadpool comics, then you would know that he is not an idiot by any means. He's extremely clever, and I would even call him very smart when he is completely serious, but when he isn't serious he's very goofy, not stupid. I would recommend knowing your facts before you insult something/someone popular. With those 61,400+ posts one would think that you could have done some research on a character before insulting them... Guess not....
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    Stealthpool said:
    Gambler said: trekkirboy said: @Gambler: i like him being like that it shows you don't hhave to be perfect to ... [more]
    Hahahaha are you really that upset over my personal opinion of a fictional comicbook character? That's sad :( I never said he was stupid, never said he wasn't clever. I would think someone who took the time to write out a paragraph about how great Deadpool is would have at least taken the time to not only read my post but to understand it :) guess not. Deadpool is a joke, he's written like a joke, and he acts like a joke. Its his personality, its who he is. Do you need scans to verify this? Cause I have no prob taken my 61,400+ posts up to 61,407 showing you why I say the things I do about Deadpool. Your call :)
    Avatar image for deadpool_a_k_a_wade_wilson
    DeadPool a.k.a Wade Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 2

Gambler said:
    Stealthpool said: Gambler said: trekkirboy said: @Gambler: i like him being like that it shows you don't hhave to be ... [more]
    I agree i'm a Deadpool fan, and yet, i accept this, and it is one of the reasons i like him..
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Yeah, I didn't really think it was a put down to Deadpool. In fact I thought it was common knowledge.

Stealthpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Stealthpool
    @Gambler:

Mentally challenged = retarded = stupid.

And yes, please find scans.
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Actually Mentally Challenged =  IQ is below 70-75 and who lack proper adaptive social behavior. Sounds just like Deadpool to me :)

Awwww isnt that special.
    Awwww isnt that special.
    Gets his finger cut off and what does he do? Starts dancing and talking about farting on the dude who did it. Yeah thats not retarded at all o_O
    Gets his finger cut off and what does he do? Starts dancing and talking about farting on the dude who did it. Yeah thats not retarded at all o_O
    Wedgies? Really? Yeah cause thats something a fully functional adult would do.......
    Wedgies? Really? Yeah cause thats something a fully functional adult would do.......
    iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By iLLituracy
    Gambler said:
    If he weren't mentally challenged...he'd be Deathstroke.
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    iLLituracy said:
    Gambler said: I'd like Deadpool if he wasn't mentally challenged. If he weren't mentally challenged...he'd be Deathstroke. [more]
    Then you agree he's mentally challenged ;)
    Dupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By Dupe
    Stealthpool said:
    @Gambler: Mentally challenged = retarded = stupid.And yes, please find scans.
    Actually since a family member of mine is mentally challenged. He's not 'stupid' as you call it, he's extremely intelligent at anything to do with air planes, he loves them and puts all his time in studying them, he can see an old airplane and immediately tell you what type it is. So it's quite possible to be intelligent at one area while lessened at another.
    iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By iLLituracy
    Gambler said:
    iLLituracy said: Gambler said: I'd like Deadpool if he wasn't mentally challenged. If he weren't mentally challenged...he'd be Deathstroke. [more] ... [more]
    Yes and no. I agree that he acts that way, but Deadpool clearly isn't mentally challenged when it comes to his skill and ability to come up with strategies. Just recently he managed to outsmart Osborn and the Thunderbolts with Taskmaster's employ. He may not be in his right of mind, and he may have a twisted sense of humor, but he's definitely not stupid.
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By The_Ghostshell

That's whats so annoying and why I originally said I would like him if.... Maybe I should clarify. No Deadpool is not stupid, he only acts stupid 80% of the time. Of course he's not mentally challenged by definition, he just acts like it 80% of the time. Its his personality, its his character. You wont see Batman get his finger cut off and then start dancing talking about fart jokes. Some people like that about Deadpool, I myself think its weak sauce.

Stealthpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Stealthpool
    Gambler said:
    Actually Mentally Challenged =  IQ is below 70-75 and who lack proper adaptive social behavior. Sounds just like Deadpool to ... [more]
    Hahaha! Those weren't "retarded" at all.

goof·y (gf)
    adj.goof·i·er, goof·i·estSlang
    Silly; ridiculous: a goofy hat.

retarded
    Adjective
    underdeveloped mentally

If you don't like Deadpool, then why come to this forum? It is a true waste of time to sit here and be a troll. I mean, it's alright if you are a comic book nerd with no sense of humor, no problem, you have the right to be whatever you want. If you like serious characters then why not hang out at one of their forums? Deadpool is ridiculous and awesome, and Gambler is just a plain troll.
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Hahaha awww, did someone get their feelings hurt? Of course I'm a comicbook nerd why else would I be on a comicbook website :) dur dur dur. I'm sorry you have such deep feelings for Deadpool and haven't yet learned to express yourself without name calling. But this is and will remain to be an open forum. So if your to sensitive to read negative opinions about characters you've fallen in love with then perhaps that's something you should work on. Clearly you haven't read my posts  (or the posts of admitted Deadpool fans who are in agreement). Which is a shame but predictable. I suggest a time out :)

Stealthpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Stealthpool
    Gambler said:
    Hahaha awww, did someone get their feelings hurt? Of course I'm a comicbook nerd why else would I be on ... [more]
    It's funny when people on the internet lose an argument and try to keep it alive. I must admit, it is pretty hard to argue about something that you know nothing of. My advice to you would be to stop.
    The Hottness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By The Hottness

ENOUGH!!! Does the NEW King of the Vine have to step in and end this pointless fight?!?
    ENOUGH!!! Does the NEW King of the Vine have to step in and end this pointless fight?!?

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    Stealthpool said:
    Gambler said: Hahaha awww, did someone get their feelings hurt? Of course I'm a comicbook nerd why else would I ... [more]
    Its funny when fanboys get worked up :) It wasn't an argument, its my personal opinion about a fictional character. It'll be okay.
    The Hottness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By The Hottness

Be cool to the young ones Gamblers...lol your King commands it
    Be cool to the young ones Gamblers...lol your King commands it

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Never insulted the dude once.

The Hottness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By The Hottness
    Gambler said:
    Never insulted the dude once.

yeah i know...just wanted to make an enterance....

Be Cool Gambler...it was a joke son. We're both Kings
    Be Cool Gambler...it was a joke son. We're both Kings

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    Its all good. I took care of it
    Its all good. I took care of it
    The Hottness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By The Hottness

GRAAAAAA
    GRAAAAAA

guess you did son. LMAO
    Avatar image for anderson__agent_of_smith
    Anderson: Agent of SMITH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gambler said:
    Hahaha awww, did someone get their feelings hurt? Of course I'm a comicbook nerd why else would I be on ... [more]

Wow. Do you even realize how much of an ass you're making of yourself? It is truly sad that you would devote so much time to trying to put down a character that so many people like on this thread. I mean, why even bother commenting here? People comment on this thread to appreciate the character, and while there are planty of other things we all could be doing other than spending our time on the boards of a comic book website, at least we aren't wasting it in a negative and completly non-constructive manner. I mean, what do you gain from it? And not only are you insulting the character, you are insulting mentally challenged people around the world! What the hell is wrong with you? I was going to go into an explanation on how Pool uses this utter goofiness as a strategy, both in fights and psychologically, but this just isn't woth it.

Cheers Stealthpool.
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Gotta luv Deadpool fans. Its an open forum, and while you claim I'm wasting my time by expressing my opinion (which as I pointed out several other Deadpool fans agreed with) about his character, you somehow find the time to post a paragraph ranting about what I've said. I explained and even posted scans of why I feel the way I do about Deadpool. So your straw man argument about my non constructive comments dont really hold much water :) As for insulting mental challanged people......did you even read the posts? Your cheering Stealthpool who said Mentally Challanged eguals dumb, while cursing me when I'm the one who defending that Mentally Challanged doesnt equal dumb. And then posted the literal diffinition. But thanks for jumping in on a disagreement that clearly you didnt understand. I know Deadpool is a god to his fans. But some people can and do express their dislike for him. It'll be okay I promise. His movie is still gonna get made and then you can have something new to whine about.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc7df6492da
    deactivated-5ffc7df6492da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 2

Gambler said:

if deadpool didn't wise crack and not didn't act like the way he does we would just have another wolverine who uses guns and swords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree that we should all be entitled to our opinions. That is what makes us human. We can reason and think about things in ways that no other creature (that we know of) can. But just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you absolutely have to state it. I respect the fact that you don't like Deadpool's wise-cracking. I love it. I'm fine with that. Not everyone is going to like a  character. I don't really like most of the cosmic characters, but a lot of people love them. But this right now, what you are doing is just trolling. There is absolutely no point to you doing this. You may see what Deadpool does as "retarded", as you showed by the scans you posted. But in my opinion, the first two of then distracted his opponent and threw them completely off guard. That is his way of doing things, just as Spider-Man jumps around until the villain just gets tired out, or whatever. In the third scan you posted, that is just Wade's way of dealing with people. One could say that he does that because he doesn't want them to get too close to him, because he is afraid of what he will do to them in the end, like with his dad, Mercedes (maybe, that's still up in the air), and countless others.

When it comes down to it, Deadpool being "retarded", as you call him, is what makes him Deadpool. If he wasn't, he would just be Deathstroke, which people accuse him of being a copy of enough. In the end, it's not your opinion that bothers me, it's just the way you are stating it. You're being kind of belligerent and rude. It just doesn't make much sense to me. If you want to discuss why you dont' like him, just start another thread. That way, you could state your opinion without having to argue with people who disagree with you, and you could use the same reasons I'm using to say why anyone who doesn't, and is not being reasonable or open-minded should leave. That's the most logical path for you, right? I mean, this whole thing isn't going to keep me up all night. My day isn't going to be ruined. It's just that if you feel the need to still be doing this nonsense, then you should really sit for a minute and think about why. Come back to me when you have a good reason.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Are you still posting about this? Let it go man, its gonna be okay. Two paragraphs for something that was said 5 days ago (and the author of the thread had no problem with and several Deadpool fans agreed with) and an argument that was ended two days ago. My friend, the logical path for you would have been to comment on the Video posted in the OP and simply ignore what you saw as "Trolling."

Any further discussion can be had over PM's if you feel the need to have the last word :)

Stealthpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Stealthpool
    Anderson: Agent of SMITH said:
    Gambler said: Hahaha awww, did someone get their feelings hurt? Of course I'm a comicbook nerd why else would I ... [more]
    This is all twice as funny and ironic because Gambler is a moderator...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Gambler:
    Fine by me.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.