How serious should the Deadpool movie be?

#1 Posted by nickzambuto (13434 posts) - - Show Bio

... Well?

#2 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think it should be very serious but it should have a lot of action and violence.

Deadpool should make jokes and be exactly the opposite of the portrayal of him in X men origins: Wolverine.

#3 Posted by Madame_Mist (1325 posts) - - Show Bio

It should be serious enough to be kick-as$ and still be able to crack jokes.

#4 Posted by Teerack (5900 posts) - - Show Bio

They need to include his two thought boxes into the movie, and Deadpool needs to break the forth wall and talk about being in the movie.

#5 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

Serious enough that we can take Deadpool's enemies seriously and be horrified at how vicious they are, but still laugh our asses off when Deadpool starts talking.

Hard balance, but it's possible.

#6 Posted by FullmetalChobit (218 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack said:

They need to include his two thought boxes into the movie, and Deadpool needs to break the forth wall and talk about being in the movie.

This. ^^

Funny but clever and RIDICULOUS.

#7 Posted by TDK_1997 (14724 posts) - - Show Bio

It should have some serious villain and to be kick @$$ and meanwhile Wade cracking jokes.

#8 Posted by Duke_Nasty (1017 posts) - - Show Bio

Like others have said, the movie around him needs to be serious but he shouldn't be that serious.

#9 Posted by JonSmith (3996 posts) - - Show Bio

A friend of mine asked what genre a Deadpool movie should be: Comedy or action? I told him that to make a Deadpool movie, it'd have to fall right between the two. So about as serious as a Nolan Batman movie with the world, like the villains and various bad things, with Deadpool and the reactions he gets from people being the sole source of comedy.

#10 Posted by samuel_larson_10 (283 posts) - - Show Bio

"Bang! Bang! Bang!"

-deadpool

#11 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

Should not be serious at all

It should be like the saints row, not the GTA

#12 Posted by kingkoona (18 posts) - - Show Bio

im really stoked about this film but i know its gonna end up being horrifically bad and probably make me resent marvel for allowing it to be made.

#13 Posted by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio

The movie should be serious, but Deadpool shouldn't.

#14 Posted by serpent222 (319 posts) - - Show Bio

I would anticipate that it would have an R rating, and I think I'd prefer it more serious than most people. Obviously, make his enemies completely serious, and probably have a serious plot. But, Deadpool himself would primarily be absurd and ridiculous, breaking the fourth wall all the time. But, if someone he cared about was jeopardized, or stuff got super serious, he should have a serious moment or two where he is practically scary.

#15 Posted by Thinkagain (47 posts) - - Show Bio

@serpent222 said:

I would anticipate that it would have an R rating, and I think I'd prefer it more serious than most people. Obviously, make his enemies completely serious, and probably have a serious plot. But, Deadpool himself would primarily be absurd and ridiculous, breaking the fourth wall all the time. But, if someone he cared about was jeopardized, or stuff got super serious, he should have a serious moment or two where he is practically scary.

agreed

#16 Posted by jhazzroucher (15642 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

... Well?

it should be serious. only Deadpool personality should not be serious.

I want Ororo Munroe aka Storm to show up on his film too. : )

#17 Posted by LipstickZombie (91 posts) - - Show Bio

Wade has such a great origin story and if they screw that up I'll be ticked! But Deadpool is a very complicated character to sum up in one movie. His back story should defiantly be serious, but as we all know Deadpool is funny and therefore should be in the movie. Yes it should have an R rating. When I go to the movies and see the movie, I don't want to see children waiting to see The Merc With a Mouth.

#18 Posted by borges (65 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingkoona said:

im really stoked about this film but i know its gonna end up being horrifically bad and probably make me resent marvel for allowing it to be made.

This.

Unless they get someone like Whedon or Kaufman to write something intelligible.

#19 Posted by KraytRawk (628 posts) - - Show Bio

the only serious thing should be the action.

#20 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6664 posts) - - Show Bio

The Movie Should Have Dark Grimey Tone to it but every line DEADPOOL says should be comedic.

#21 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

make it a black comedy with lots of action,but make deadpool funny, dangerous & crazy.

#22 Posted by Antarktischer_Ureinwohner (65 posts) - - Show Bio

It should be funny, i mean Deadpool is no serious character, but there should of course be massive action.

I think i would build it up as a therapie session where Deadpool is talking to a psychologist and the major plot is shown in flashbacks, especially his origin. Of course he should talk about how awesome it is to finally have his own movie and that its way better than all the x-men movies.

#23 Posted by FearTheLiving (2945 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rumble Man said:

Should not be serious at all

It should be like the saints row, not the GTA

God I hope not the story of SR3 was terrible. More like story of GTA, but a funny overtone.

#24 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

@FearTheLiving: as long as it is not GTAIV where they focus too much on recreating NY and left the story to shamble so they have to make later installments to compensate. SR3 had the fun and gameplay, although less modifications compared to say SR2 (where the drunk driving at?)

#25 Posted by PaperDemon (608 posts) - - Show Bio

pg-13 classic like in spiderman movies

#26 Posted by VictorVonDoom_1 (142 posts) - - Show Bio

If they want to do Deadpool any justice, it has to be Rated-R.

#27 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4527 posts) - - Show Bio

Not serious at all! I'd let Jim Carry do a voice over!

#28 Posted by AverageKoala (238 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher: You are such a troll.

#29 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@AverageKoala: C'mon, let's not insult other users. If you don't like what they have to say, just ignore it.

#30 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10390 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonSmith said:

A friend of mine asked what genre a Deadpool movie should be: Comedy or action? I told him that to make a Deadpool movie, it'd have to fall right between the two. So about as serious as a Nolan Batman movie with the world, like the villains and various bad things, with Deadpool and the reactions he gets from people being the sole source of comedy.

My whole idea of how the DC movie universe should work and how should a Deadpool and Punisher movies work.

Deadpool should be a dark action comedy movie, heck i am not sure if it should be R Rated, but it needs to be dark, with very dark type jokes, like Rap jokes and killing jokes or Deadpool killing people and making fun of it.

#31 Posted by PaperDemon (608 posts) - - Show Bio

@Madame_Mist said:

It should be serious enough to be kick-as$ and still be able to crack jokes.

this.

#32 Posted by anihush (132 posts) - - Show Bio

jim carry for dead pool it should be as serious as deadpool is now NOT AT ALL

#33 Posted by THORSON (2368 posts) - - Show Bio

serious, but i guess funny, but not over funny.

#34 Posted by TheCasketFiller (58 posts) - - Show Bio

I thinkn it should be light hearted until it gets to the climax. Deadpool not taking things serious, such as being in a fire fight with a bunch of people and getting shot repeatedly will completely change the tone. It'll be a different mood when the gun fire or sword fights are full of jokes and the protagonist has no chance of death.

#35 Posted by Kairan1979 (16745 posts) - - Show Bio

The movie should be R-Rated with a lot of blood and dark humor. Something like Sin City. Remember Dwight's dialog with dead Jackie-boy? That's something that could happen to Deadpool.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.