How good is Deadpool's healing factor?

• 54 results
#1 Posted by Powerzone789 (430 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't he get it from wolverine's dna or something when they were expirimenting on him back in the weapan X days or was it something else? i know it healed his cancer.... 

#2 Posted by Vance Astro (91260 posts) - - Show Bio

His healing factor comes from not being able to die.There is pretty much nothing he can't come back from.His healing factor is way beyond Wolverine's.Wolvie can die.Deadpool can't.He's cursed with life.

#3 Posted by CrimsonComedian (328 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro: 
But it's not Deadpool's healing factor that's keeping him alive. Sure, it's a key element but more important things are keepin' him safe. And it did come from Wolverine.
#4 Posted by RonSiconolfi (521 posts) - - Show Bio

pretty good--ya know since he can never die(which the writers have a field day with)
#5 Edited by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:

" His healing factor comes from not being able to die."

No it doesn't. It comes from Weapon X.
#6 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29501 posts) - - Show Bio

His healing factor is from Weapon X. 

His "curse of life" is from Thanos. See, Deadpool and ... well, DEATH were in love. Thanos fell in love with Death, and cursed Deadpool with "life". So he's immortal.

#7 Posted by Abnormally Warm Guy (1297 posts) - - Show Bio

(facepalm) THERE ARE SOOOOOO MANY FORUMS ABOUT THIS!

Ha ha ha.

#8 Posted by Man of Lengend (1001 posts) - - Show Bio

easy one of the best healing factors

#9 Edited by Vance Astro (91260 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg said:

" @Vance Astro said:

" His healing factor comes from not being able to die."

No it doesn't. It comes from Weapon X. "
I thought the LEVEL of his healing factor was based on the fact that he can't die.I know Weapon X gave him his initial healing factor but I was under the impression before that his healing factor was no better than Wolverine's.I shouldn't have used "comes from".
#10 Posted by ComicMan24 (147093 posts) - - Show Bio

His healing factor didn't cure his cancer, it just stops the cancer cells from spreading. The level of his healing factor has varied over the years, he has survived a lot of things but he was still defeated by Squirrel Girl.
#11 Posted by Abnormally Warm Guy (1297 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24: That's because squirrel girl is a beast.
#12 Posted by OmegaHulk (34 posts) - - Show Bio

The Weapon X Project gave it to him. I think it based on Wolverine's healing factor

#13 Posted by CaptainSpider91 (41 posts) - - Show Bio

How well deadpool heals is determined by how severe the injury is. Little cuts won't heal quickly(like in his fight with squirrel girl) but a serious or fatal injury(like a grenade going off on his stomach) heals in no time.

#14 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7184 posts) - - Show Bio

it's the best
#15 Posted by Matezoide2 (15994 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24 said:
" His healing factor didn't cure his cancer, it just stops the cancer cells from spreading. The level of his healing factor has varied over the years, he has survived a lot of things but he was still defeated by Squirrel Girl. "
KO has nothing to do with HF,when are people going to undestand that?!
#16 Posted by Edamame (28187 posts) - - Show Bio

I doubt Deadpool could come back if a nuke were to explode right on top of his head. 

#17 Posted by the ace of knaves (402 posts) - - Show Bio

he could. he has a strong healing factor... AND is cursed with life. it's comic book magic/sorcery... it's best not to think about it too hard, because that would just be redundant.

#18 Posted by Edamame (28187 posts) - - Show Bio
@the ace of knaves: Was that a response to my post?
#19 Edited by WhoDunnit101 (72 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame: Yet, we have to remember that whatever it is that  Wolverine does, Deadpool does it better:
Pic 1:   http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/muchalucha/Wolverine43-017-018.jpg
Pic 2:   http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/77/265244-5762-wolverine_super.jpg
Pic 3:   http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/muchalucha/Wolverine43-020.jpg
Pic 4:    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/muchalucha/Wolverine43-024.jpg

Just copy and paste those links.
#20 Posted by Edamame (28187 posts) - - Show Bio
@WhoDunnit101: Twas Nitro. Not a nuke.  ; )
#21 Posted by SylarKita (10 posts) - - Show Bio

I think partially the strength of Deadpools healing factor is from Deadpools willpower which could explain the variety of healing strength. I do believe it is one of the strongest (maybe not THE strongest but definitely one of the strongest) healing factors in the Marvel universe, at least stronger than Wolverines in its own way. Now, as for immortality that is completely different, the topic is the strength of his healing factor, not whether or not he can die.

#22 Posted by the ace of knaves (402 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame: yea man. the nuke would destroy his body. but like i said, it's comic book magic/sorcery. his body could come back from literally dust or a pool of blood or a flake of ash or something.
#23 Posted by SylarKita (10 posts) - - Show Bio
@the ace of knaves: Kind of like Alucard from Hellsing.
#24 Posted by WhoDunnit101 (72 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame:  Works the same way.
#25 Posted by Edamame (28187 posts) - - Show Bio
@WhoDunnit101: Which?

@SylarKita said:
" I think partially the strength of Deadpools healing factor is from Deadpools willpower which could explain the variety of healing strength. I do believe it is one of the strongest (maybe not THE strongest but definitely one of the strongest) healing factors in the Marvel universe, at least stronger than Wolverines in its own way. Now, as for immortality that is completely different, the topic is the strength of his healing factor, not whether or not he can die. "

As good as the Hulk´s or Mr. Sinister´s?
#26 Posted by Spidertheking (381 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame said:
" @WhoDunnit101: Which?

@SylarKita said:
" I think partially the strength of Deadpools healing factor is from Deadpools willpower which could explain the variety of healing strength. I do believe it is one of the strongest (maybe not THE strongest but definitely one of the strongest) healing factors in the Marvel universe, at least stronger than Wolverines in its own way. Now, as for immortality that is completely different, the topic is the strength of his healing factor, not whether or not he can die. "
As good as the Hulk´s or Mr. Sinister´s? "
Better than theirs. Deadpool got thrown in a volcano before, and was in there for 5 years until it erupted. Then when the volcano erupted his molecular liquidated form healed. Can the hulk live from that?
#27 Posted by Edamame (28187 posts) - - Show Bio
I am sure Sinister could survive that, but Hulk? Not sure. 
#28 Posted by ComicMan24 (147093 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't the Hulk survive a nuclear blast and regenarated from his skeletal remains?
#29 Posted by Edamame (28187 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24: That is true.
#30 Posted by 123422 (1013 posts) - - Show Bio

He has been "cursed with life" so, whatever happens, he will recover

#31 Posted by TonyWang8888 (11 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a better healing factor.
#32 Posted by Edamame (28187 posts) - - Show Bio
@TonyWang8888 said:
" I have a better healing factor. "
Can I test it out?  : )
#33 Posted by AizenN (35 posts) - - Show Bio

He got it from weapon X experiment....

#34 Posted by dp (37 posts) - - Show Bio

ONE TIME WOLVIE SAID TO DEADPOOL IF YOU EVER COME HUNTING FOR ME AGAIN ILL KILL YA AND THEN CUT YOU UP INTO LITTLE PIECES AND AT YA LIKE TO SEE YOU COME BACK FROM THAT?SO THE QUESTION IS CAN HE COME BACK FROM THAT IF IT HAPPENED?

#35 Posted by SGU823 (122 posts) - - Show Bio

The lack of adamantium and the cancer he had before his mutation is what makes his Healing Factor a little stronger than Logan's. However it's kinda the thing that makes him weaker than Logan. Since neither can really die (because the extent of their healing factor varies from write to writer...) the thing that makes Logans better is the fact that the Adamantium in his body makes it impossible to cut him to pieces. Deadpool does not have this advantage so all you have to do to beat him is cut him to bits and scatter the parts across the world.

#36 Posted by SC (13136 posts) - - Show Bio

Its so good, that if you ripped off his head and put it on another persons body, his body would grow inside them. Like... inside them. Then be them. Like the meat. 

#37 Posted by VioletteVixen (366 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC said:
Its so good, that if you ripped off his head and put it on another persons body, his body would grow inside them. Like... inside them. Then be them. Like the meat. 
Is it white meat?
#38 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4740 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC: That's sick, but true.
#39 Posted by SC (13136 posts) - - Show Bio
@VioletteVixen:  All the colors of the meat rainbow. Which come to think about it, is only three colors/flavors. White, red and spam. At least according to the Butcher standing in the corner.  

@sesquipedalophobe:  Or... true because its sick. Thats my philosophy. lol
#40 Posted by Ganseki (108 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool got his healing factor from weapon x which it had cured his cancer. Aftermath he can heal from any wound or injury. Which it gives him immortality

#41 Posted by Lord_darkness (27 posts) - - Show Bio

deadpool has a great HF..i would almost say better then wolverine

#42 Posted by FourthDeity (2234 posts) - - Show Bio

If you cant see it

its wolverine stabbing clean through his head while DP shows no sign of even discomfort :)

#43 Posted by Vortex13 (12250 posts) - - Show Bio

His healing factor is almost as good as mine.

#44 Posted by Personification (27 posts) - - Show Bio

@CrimsonComedian said:

@Vance Astro: But it's not Deadpool's healing factor that's keeping him alive. Sure, it's a key element but more important things are keepin' him safe. And it did come from Wolverine.

he's right, it;s not from his healing factor that he can't die. he has a connection with death and cursed by thanos thus he is unable to die.

#45 Posted by Death_From_Below (223 posts) - - Show Bio

Question is if you seperate deadpools body pieces within a distance how could he regenerate?

#46 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

Toonforce healing factor. Although not as good as Alucard's.

#47 Posted by 4donkeyjohnson (1684 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm interesting

#48 Posted by Technarch (22 posts) - - Show Bio

it's pretty great

#49 Posted by The Lobster (1517 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame said:
@WhoDunnit101: Twas Nitro. Not a nuke.  ; )
Deadpool: Merc With A Mouth issue 4, 5,or 6....one of those three (too lazy to actually check). AIM drops a nuke on Deadpool and a zombie T-Rex and Deadpool survives only to say.....  
#50 Posted by Serena_Death (103 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Lobster : Is that a durability feat or a healing factor feat? Either way it's impressive lol.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.