Follow

Deadpool

Character » Deadpool appears in 3332 issues.

Wade Wilson is a former test subject of the Weapon X program, where he received his regenerative healing factor through the scientific experiments conducted upon him. A prominent enemy, ally and later, member of X-Force. He's famous for breaking the Fourth Wall.

He's breaking the fourth wall!

PaxCM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By PaxCM

Seem's like every comic Deadpool's in he's  acknowledge that there is a world outside the comic and that he's even in one. This picture is from Cable & Deadpool 49, but almost all of Deadpools: Wade Wilsons War is him in the Past narating what is going to happen in the future when he goes on trail for the fiasco in Mexico. 

No Caption Provided
    I love it, some people hate it though... they say that it takes them out of the comic since Deadpool is reminding you your reading a story not living in the fantasy world. I personally think it's hillarious. Makes me laugh every time. It's just part of Wade's charm as a human being. Just like his inner voices, softer side, and his funny, sometimes deranged banter.
    iloverobots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By iloverobots

I'm confused

iloverobots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By iloverobots
    @OhHiItsGwen said:
    " @iloverobots: breaking the 4th wall = when the character in the story talks to his audience. he steps away from the "script" or "story line" to acknowledge us as the viewer or reader  in this case, Wade is letting us know that Cable will most likely be back in a Crossover. SHE didnt get it because he wasnt supposed to really say that  still confused? "
    I know what breaking the fourth wall is -- I've seen Malcom in the middle. I'm confused by this thread though... Deadpool has been breaking the fourth wall of years, why talk about it now?
    Avatar image for capo_del_bandito
    Capo_Del_Bandito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Capo_Del_Bandito

Er...if you're talking about Wade Wilson's War, that fiasco/trial thing, it's not only alternate universe, but it's also got a twist at the end that makes it...super-not-canon.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#4  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

That's one of the main things that DP is known for, I too find it funny becasue it gives writers a chance to poke fun at things such as character deaths (as seen above) since it's true, Cable probably will come back like that, same with Nightcrawler.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By 123422

It's a signature of his, remove that and Deadpool's just not what he is today

EganTheVile1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 52

#6  Edited By EganTheVile1

Not just comics, video-games too, has not done it in animation or movies YET though.

ShirEPanjshir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7  Edited By ShirEPanjshir
    @eganthevile1: Now that you mention it, I only now realize that he never broke the 4th wall in Hulk vs Wolverine, or did he?
    EganTheVile1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By EganTheVile1
    @ShirEPanjshir said:
    " @eganthevile1: Now that you mention it, I only now realize that he never broke the 4th wall in Hulk vs Wolverine, or did he? "
    No 4th wall breaking here, a lot of wisecracks of course though!
    Janetron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Janetron

I find that it doesn't necessarily take me out of the comics, it makes me more drawn in! I especially love the other character's reactions where they just don't know what to think!

Here's an especially funny one with Spider-Man:

No Caption Provided
    EganTheVile1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By EganTheVile1

It would be funny if they did an issue of Deadpool Team-Up with She-Hulk, she is also a fourth-wall breaker after all

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eganthevile1: 
    She-Hulk owns the 4th-wall break record.
    God just look at Byrnes run on Sensational!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By 123422
    @eganthevile1 said:
    " It would be funny if they did an issue of Deadpool Team-Up with She-Hulk, she is also a fourth-wall breaker after all "
    That's not breaking the 4th wall anymore, they're gonna blast it down, brick by brick
    Avatar image for reversenegative
    ReverseNegative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By ReverseNegative

That's his thing. He always does that kind of stuff.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deadpool knows he is a "fictional" character, then nothing changes when he change of universe, that why he do it even in videogames.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By 123422
    @DeathpooltheT1000 said:
    " Deadpool knows he is a "fictional" character, then nothing changes when he change of universe, that why he do it even in videogames. "
    Just can't help but remember that line from the early issues of Way's run, the part with him training Deadpool-Skrulls, talking about too many pouches and him shouting out to Rob (Liefeld, of course)
    can't find a pic
    Jotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16  Edited By Jotham
    @123422:
    No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#17  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @Jotham: That is awesome.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By 123422
    @Jotham said:
    " @123422:
    No Caption Provided
    "
    Thanks, i lol'd reading that
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@123422 said:
    " @DeathpooltheT1000 said:
    " Deadpool knows he is a "fictional" character, then nothing changes when he change of universe, that why he do it even in videogames. "
    Just can't help but remember that line from the early issues of Way's run, the part with him training Deadpool-Skrulls, talking about too many pouches and him shouting out to Rob (Liefeld, of course) can't find a pic "
    Actually i think he does that a lot, that explain he knows what happen in the "real" world

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By 123422
    @DeathpooltheT1000 said:
    " @123422 said:
    Just can't help but remember that line from the early issues of Way's run, the part with him training Deadpool-Skrulls, talking about too many pouches and him shouting out to Rob (Liefeld, of course) can't find a pic "
    Actually i think he does that a lot, that explain he knows what happen in the "real" world "
    I was just giving an example, i mean, he does refers to "issues", crossovers and sometimes shout outs to creators, makes him an even funnier character
    Avatar image for reversenegative
    ReverseNegative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#21  Edited By ReverseNegative
    @Jotham said:
    " @123422:

"

LOL, I loved the Skrull Invasion thing with Deadpool. He's refering to Rob Liefield, is he not?
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@123422 said:
    " @123422 said:
    Actually i think he does that a lot, that explain he knows what happen in the "real" world "
    I was just giving an example, i mean, he does refers to "issues", crossovers and sometimes shout outs to creators, makes him an even funnier character "
    I am not, sure, but i rememebr, once he killed some one of his creative team.
    Or at least he say it he killed.
    KingSolomon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By KingSolomon

Deadpool did break the 4th wall in wolverine vs hulk, he did it when they captured wolverine. As the camera zooms out he yells strike an angry poses NOW and then everyone does an angry pose. I count that as him breaking the 4th wall.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.