Game or Movie?

#1 Posted by AssassinHighBird (14 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been thinking, movie adaptions into games havent been that succesful, (Spider-man 1 and Spider-man 3) . Which leads me to this question, Would you rather see a movie of deadpool, or play a game as deadpool? Because a movie of deadpool would just turn into a game adaption. But i feel like that wont be nearly as good as only a game playing as deadpool.

#2 Posted by TheAntiReVamp (389 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel that he could work better as a video game,The chimichangas will give you more health.

#3 Posted by Duke_Nasty (1017 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be nice if they could make a Movie and a game but separetly. The movie could come out first to gain popularity and the make good game like the Dark Knght movies and the Arkham games.

#4 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2519 posts) - - Show Bio

A Deadpool game done in the style of Saints Row would be perfect!!!!

#5 Posted by PaperDemon (576 posts) - - Show Bio

@Smart_Dork_Dude said:

A Deadpool game done in the style of Saints Row would be perfect!!!!

yah, no. It wont work like that. there are little children fans of deadpool also and not all parents approve of that stuff. and also it would be a lot more fun for a humor plot. Like in marvel ultimate alliance 2 the deadpool and cops sorta thing but like all deadpool and no other heroes. you wanna keep fans laughing and having fun at the same time. Not randomly pulling out some gun and mindlessly killing people. theres a lot more to deadpool than you think.

#6 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2519 posts) - - Show Bio

@PaperDemon said:

yah, no. It wont work like that. there are little children fans of deadpool also and not all parents approve of that stuff. and also it would be a lot more fun for a humor plot. Like in marvel ultimate alliance 2 the deadpool and cops sorta thing but like all deadpool and no other heroes. you wanna keep fans laughing and having fun at the same time. Not randomly pulling out some gun and mindlessly killing people. theres a lot more to deadpool than you think.

I know that, I'm a fan of Deadpool. I mean that an over-the-top game in the vein of Saints Row would be a perfect way to do DP. Besides the only way to make a truly good Deadpool game is to make it rated M. Look at Wolverine Origins, sure it followed the same terrible plot of the movie, but it was still a great Wolverine game!

#7 Posted by Bigsilv (1 posts) - - Show Bio

A DeadPool game does sound sweet!

#8 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1782 posts) - - Show Bio

A Deadpool game done right would be flat out incredible! The problem is that there are SO many ways it could be done wrong...

#9 Posted by EpicAssassin90 (57 posts) - - Show Bio

If they do they should do what the amazing spider-man game is doing and set it a few days or weeks after the movie

#10 Posted by AssassinHighBird (14 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea, if its a game, it definitely has to be an M rating. It has to have all the sadistic, dark humor that deadpool does best. Its the only way

#11 Posted by Deadpoolchimichanga96 (9 posts) - - Show Bio

if we were going to be getting a game of deadpool, it needs a. some sort of online multiplayer, b. fourth wall breaking, c. levelling system and upgrades, d. sandbox gameplay and e. free roaming.

i like to imagine gta iv, with deadpool as the protagonist, and missions can be engaged by going to certain locations in NYC, working with and for people like Weasel, Hydra Bob, Spiderman, Taskmaster, Wolverine, etc. they could also do some sort of DLC in which new missions, storylines, weapons, vehicles and locations are added, such as the fantasticar, the X-men SR-71, Cap's shield, Iron man gauntlets, Utopia, Latveria, San Francisco, and some extra outfits, such as evil deadpool, x-force deadpool, hulkpool, symbiote deadpool, etc.

we need to give these ideas to Volition or Rockstar games.

#12 Posted by sinestro_GL (3008 posts) - - Show Bio

Both!

But game first then movie -with storylines that have nothing to do with each other.

#13 Posted by deadpool6_6_6 (1064 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm only saying a movie because i personally outgrew video games when i was a kid, though my best friend and i still play em sometimes.

#14 Posted by LipstickZombie (91 posts) - - Show Bio

Story wise, the game. The cut scenes should allow good storytelling and humor. In a movie you only have so much time to tell your story (and we all know they change things) so there's not a lot of creative wiggle room. Also the game will give more Deadpool action!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.