Follow

Deadpool

Character » Deadpool appears in 3332 issues.

Wade Wilson is a former test subject of the Weapon X program, where he received his regenerative healing factor through the scientific experiments conducted upon him. A prominent enemy, ally and later, member of X-Force. He's famous for breaking the Fourth Wall.

enough is enough!

Avatar image for abnormally_warm_guy
    Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 1

I love deadpool but this is too much!

CBR has posted early Marvel comic solicitations for November 2009, where it is was revealed that Deadpool Team-Up is a new ongoing Deadpool series that teams Deadpool up with different characters from the Marvel Universe every month.

"Stop rubbing your eyes, fanboy, they don't deceive you! Everyone's favorite Merc with a Mouth stars in a third on-going series, hacking and wisecracking his way across the Marvel Universe with a new guest-star every month! First up: when master assassin ARCADE and NIGHTMARE, Lord of the Dream Dimension, join forces to destroy Wade Wilson and THE INCREDIBLE HERCULES, they get more than they bargain for, taking on two of the MU's most irresponsible heroes! Drunken mayhem, bad jokes, and billions of dollars of property damage ensue! "

Tradog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Tradog

wow

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

dam...that got me even more excited about the upcoming Deadpool comics! thanks.

BTW: he already teams up with a differant character in every story.

RaptorFratBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By RaptorFratBoy

Hey, that's fine by me. Obviously there's a huge audience for all things Wade Wilson, so for Marvel to just ignore it would be ridiculous. Yes, to some of us more hardcore fans, Deadpool is fastly becoming the new Wolverine, everywhere you look he's there.

But until people STOP buying the comics, guess what? There they'll be! And you should be thanking them! Know why? Because without THOSE sales, Marvel would cut one of those amazing "cult favorites" the internet loves so much, but never makes a dime. You guys want to keep seeing "Agents of Atlas" and other-such-books get ANY kind of chance, applaud the bigger-selling books for at least bringing needed attention to the medium. It's all positive, guys.

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

I doubt i will get it but it doesnt seem that bad an idea

Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The comic in itself isn't  bad idea but three ongoings at once? Come on.

But I never thought of the future cult hit perspective that Raptorfratboy brought up. Maybe Marvel will give more of them a chance now.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc7df6492da
    deactivated-5ffc7df6492da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Oh well at least Deadpool doesn't have seven ongoings like Spider-Man at one point

Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Mr. Wilson
    @Abnormally Warm Guy said:
    "I love deadpool but this is too much!

CBR has posted early Marvel comic solicitations for November 2009, where it is was revealed that Deadpool Team-Up is a new ongoing Deadpool series that teams Deadpool up with different characters from the Marvel Universe every month.

"Stop rubbing your eyes, fanboy, they don't deceive you! Everyone's favorite Merc with a Mouth stars in a third on-going series, hacking and wisecracking his way across the Marvel Universe with a new guest-star every month! First up: when master assassin ARCADE and NIGHTMARE, Lord of the Dream Dimension, join forces to destroy Wade Wilson and THE INCREDIBLE HERCULES, they get more than they bargain for, taking on two of the MU's most irresponsible heroes! Drunken mayhem, bad jokes, and billions of dollars of property damage ensue! "

"

Im in it. This could be awesome. Its by Fred Van Lente people! Go Deadpool!
    Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reaper2923: Spider-man earned as many ongoings as he has. He's beena round a long time. Deadpool has only been around for 20 years and 10 years of that he was a very minor character in a minor book.
    Phorqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Phorqe

Yeah, that's a bit much. I think DP is best when he has nothing to do with the rest of the MU. Its good to team up once in a while but DP breaks the 4th wall too much for a canon-MU book. It gets pretty silly.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc7df6492da
    deactivated-5ffc7df6492da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Abnormally Warm Guy:
    Deadpool has earned this and well frankly I like that he has more than one ongoing.
    Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reaper2923: I don't know but he is selling. I'm not quite sure what happened in the last year. I guess it was his "appearance" in the movie(s) but that didn't actually resmble anything like the comic book form of him.

A little over a year ago 9 out of 10 people I'd say my favorite character is Deadpool to they'd respond to with "who?".
    loveNwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By loveNwar

Ohh.. this is just (another) Deadpool thread. Okidoki, that's ok. At first, when i read the post title, i though you were going to say something like " I've had it with these MF snakes in this MF plane".... lol ;)

Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@loveNwar: I could see SLJ saying that about this though while walking though a comic shop. That'd be a funny video.
    loveNwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By loveNwar

hahaha... yeah! With a gun in his hands, shooting whoever was buying the comics...

whacknasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By whacknasty

So did you guys hear about the Deadpool cameo in the new Iron Man?? 

Yeah, I'm just making that up... 

I see both sides of it though. I'm glad someone who wasnt popular for so long has gotten some well deserved attention, but to drown us in his awesome-ness is...well, not awesome...  But i will buy the book if his random partner is interesting...
    Delta Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Delta Red

I wonder why it has the number 899 =\ if is an ongoing.
    Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Delta Red: I know. Maybe they're going to have the book feature Deadpool for a while. And that's what they mean by all this. Maybe it's a logn story arc featuring Deadpool teaming up with a lot of other heroes or maybe villains.
    Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Mr. Wilson
    @Delta Red said:
    "I wonder why it has the number 899 =\ if is an ongoing. "

They are trying crazy numbering for a crazy character I think lol just like Deadpool #900. 

I hope the MWAM series just gets a new artist.
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By danhimself
    @reaper2923 said:
    "Oh well at least Deadpool doesn't have seven ongoings like Spider-Man at one point "

Spider-man has 2 ongoings right now....Amazing and Family....Web Of will be his third....and Family is more of a supporting character book and that's the way Web of sounds right now too
    Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Mr. Wilson
    @danhimself said:
    "@reaper2923 said:
    "Oh well at least Deadpool doesn't have seven ongoings like Spider-Man at one point "
    Spider-man has 2 ongoings right now....Amazing and Family....Web Of will be his third....and Family is more of a supporting character book and that's the way Web of sounds right now too "

He said at one point.   ha 

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By danhimself
    @Mr. Wilson said:
    "@danhimself said:
    "@reaper2923 said:
    Spider-man has 2 ongoings right now....Amazing and Family....Web Of will be his third....and Family is more of a supporting character book and that's the way Web of sounds right now too "
    He said at one point.   ha   "

I didn't see that but either way when he had all of those ongoings it was that way with every popular character...they all had tons of books
    Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Mr. Wilson
    @danhimself said:
    "@Mr. Wilson said:
    "@danhimself said:
    "@reaper2923 said:
    He said at one point.   ha   "
    I didn't see that but either way when he had all of those ongoings it was that way with every popular character...they all had tons of books "

i know what ya mean. I personally love how Spidey is currentlly handled.
    BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

Yeah Marvel is definately banking off Deadpool... the new deadpool comics are always sold out at my local comic shop... which kind of pisses me off, cuz i have to wait for them to order more.

but yea he is getting alot of hype. but hell, he earned it. quite interesting character....and ofcoarse funny.

Avatar image for bob_agent_of_agency_x
    bob agent of agency x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

let me get this right, your COMPLIANING about more Deadpool comics.

P.S. hasn't wade met every one in marvel comics at this point

P.S.S HAIL HYDRA!    

Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bob agent of agency x: ha ha ha!

Yea I am. I just don't want to see Deadpool exposed to the point where it kills him it almost happened to Spider-man in the 90's.
    Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Mr. Wilson
    " @bob agent of agency x: ha ha ha!  Yea I am. I just don't want to see Deadpool exposed to the point where it kills him it almost happened to Spider-man in the 90's. "

I dont think it will get that bad. :)
    Delta Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Delta Red

Maybe with Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 he will get another boost of popularity, enough to have some good comic sales of the 3 series. 

IMHO part of his sudden popularity was thanks to both X-Men Legends II and MUA1, which was enough to make him appear in another MUA, a (crappy) movie, an (awesome) animated movie, and now his own solo film.
    Avatar image for the_crimson_nutcase
    The Crimson Nutcase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

" @Delta Red: I know. Maybe they're going to have the book feature Deadpool for a while. And that's what they mean by all this. Maybe it's a logn story arc featuring Deadpool teaming up with a lot of other heroes or maybe villains. "
    Or maybe b/c they're trying to some how connect it to Deadpool #900...?
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#30  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I don't see anything wrong with this.

Avatar image for the_crimson_nutcase
    The Crimson Nutcase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:
    " Yeah Marvel is definately banking off Deadpool... the new deadpool comics are always sold out at my local comic shop... which kind of pisses me off, cuz i have to wait for them to order more.  but yea he is getting alot of hype. but hell, he earned it. quite interesting character....and ofcoarse funny. "
    Yeah, not sure if you ever visit deadpoolbugle.com but usually shortly after a new comic of his comes out they're update will be Deadpool #whatever sells out...its a very common site on there...
    Drafta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Drafta

Maybe it'll be better than Merc With A Mouth.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.