Follow

Deadpool

Character » Deadpool appears in 3332 issues.

Wade Wilson is a former test subject of the Weapon X program, where he received his regenerative healing factor through the scientific experiments conducted upon him. A prominent enemy, ally and later, member of X-Force. He's famous for breaking the Fourth Wall.

DP sell less and less, what do you think? why it's happening this

• 72 results
    d34dp00l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By d34dp00l

well i guess that everyone deadpool's fans know this site but i put it here anyways
    http://www.deadpoolbugle.com/   <--- there you can see deadpool's sales data, and others Deadpool news
    i want to know what do you think that it's happening 

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Caligula

because he is being over-used and people are growing bored with the character. and it's a shame, because Deadpool is a good character but this is what happens when publishers push a character too hard.

Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator

Because the Deadpool fad has passed, and people are sick of him.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000

I think, that Marvel should, only sell one comic book aboput Deadpool and say good bye to the rest of comics, that will help him to regain fame, also they need to start making the movie, before Deadpool lose his momentum.

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By The Lobster

Like they said before, he's being overused. 

Deadpool can handle two on-goings but anything more is overkill. Also both of those on-goings would have to be well written which is the biggest problem right now. Daniel Way's series has gone nowhere and is going nowhere, Deadpool MAX is probably the best Deadpool ongoing right now but it's not for everybody mainly because it feels like an indie title and the artwork requires a certain taste, Corps and Team-Up are getting canned for being so bad. 

All of theses series are dropping because it's overkill and they are badly written. Although we seem to be able to handle Deadpool if he's written well. Just look at Uncanny X-Force, that series is doing great numbers and people love Deadpool in that. 

Bottom line, Deadpool would sell more if there were only two on-going series and better writing.

The Mast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#6  Edited By The Mast

Because Daniel Way and everyone writing him since Kelly/Simone have sucked horribly.

It's Deadpool at any cost. I'd rather have no Deadpool than all the massive amounts of shit Deadpool we're getting. The Silver Surfer hasn't had an on-going since his last one got cancelled because they are waiting for the right person to write it, write it well and keep it going beyond 30 issues. I don't see why they won't do the same with Deadpool.

I hate the fact that they give him voices in his head, that's stupid. No other writers used it, and it's annoying. Duane Swierczyski wrote Deadpool: Wade WIlson's War and it was one of the best portrayals of Deadpool I've ever read. He can write Cable well too. I don't get why Marvel don't simply cancel his shit, except maybe his main on-going, and just bring back Cable and Deadpool with Swierczynski on it. He sells less because the writers and premises suck, and Marvel aren't doing anything to change it.

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Caligula
    @The Mast: Cable is dead.
    The Mast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#8  Edited By The Mast

I know. They can start the series and have him come back during it. Begin it with Deadpool's search for Cable and then bring him into the fold.

Obviously this wouldn't be able to happen YET, because I think Deadpool needs a rest. I just think that's how they should bring him back if they do.

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Caligula
    @The Mast said:
    " I know. They can start the series and have him come back during it. Begin it with Deadpool's search for Cable and then bring him into the fold.  Obviously this wouldn't be able to happen YET, because I think Deadpool needs a rest. I just think that's how they should bring him back if they do. "
    I see.
    Drax516

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Drax516

SS is getting a mini-series on the 16th, I was enthusiastic at first, but now not so much. 5 issues then he turns into a filler again. 

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Caligula
    @Drax516 said:
    " SS is getting a mini-series on the 16th, I was enthusiastic at first, but now not so much. 5 issues then he turns into a filler again.  "
    Maybe it will be epic though.

Usually mini's are to test the public's response. If it is well received and sells well I bet they give him an on-going.
    TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TheGoldenOne
    @The Mast said:
    " Because Daniel Way and everyone writing him since Kelly/Simone have sucked horribly.  It's Deadpool at any cost. I'd rather have no Deadpool than all the massive amounts of shit Deadpool we're getting. The Silver Surfer hasn't had an on-going since his last one got cancelled because they are waiting for the right person to write it, write it well and keep it going beyond 30 issues. I don't see why they won't do the same with Deadpool.  I hate the fact that they give him voices in his head, that's stupid. No other writers used it, and it's annoying. Duane Swierczyski wrote Deadpool: Wade WIlson's War and it was one of the best portrayals of Deadpool I've ever read. He can write Cable well too. I don't get why Marvel don't simply cancel his shit, except maybe his main on-going, and just bring back Cable and Deadpool with Swierczynski on it. He sells less because the writers and premises suck, and Marvel aren't doing anything to change it. "

^ i agree with this.
    Drax516

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Drax516
    @Caligula said:
    " @Drax516 said:
    " SS is getting a mini-series on the 16th, I was enthusiastic at first, but now not so much. 5 issues then he turns into a filler again.  "
    Maybe it will be epic though.  Usually mini's are to test the public's response. If it is well received and sells well I bet they give him an on-going. "
    Hm. That did sound a bit negative, the sneak peek looked promising. 
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aztek the lost said:
    " all of them are still basically outselling the comics I read...  however, very few comics gain readers as time progresses, it's just the way of things...sure, new people may start picking it up, but more people are dropping it "
    And that is the big problem with comics today, the "new public", Marvel and DC, dont notice that for every 5 "fans" they win, they lose 2.
    It looks dumb to say, that will kill them, but this 5 "fans", only buy comic, when the movies or buy comics is hot and cool, when is nerdy and stupid they decide to leave or they only buy comics like for 6 months, so they actually lose 7 persons that buyed the comic.
    Heretic175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Heretic175

I didnt read all the comment so not sure if someone has said this, but without a rogue gallery of villians deadpool really has no story arc worth reading, sure he's over saturating the market but if he was able to have a story arc with a villian worth fighting this wouldnt be an issue, with cable and bullseye dead, spiderman joining that horrible fantastic four thing, T-ray, Domino, Ajax, Taskmaster, Sluggo and so on being mysteriously not worth using with deadpool... he's stuck with his corps of clones with identical personalities. Gotta agree the writers they have on deapool are hacks, team up and corps are cancelled thankfully though.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#17  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Heretic175 said:
    " I didnt read all the comment so not sure if someone has said this, but without a rogue gallery of villians deadpool really has no story arc worth reading, sure he's over saturating the market but if he was able to have a story arc with a villian worth fighting this wouldnt be an issue, with cable and bullseye dead, spiderman joining that horrible fantastic four thing, T-ray, Domino, Ajax, Taskmaster, Sluggo and so on being mysteriously not worth using with deadpool... he's stuck with his corps of clones with identical personalities. Gotta agree the writers they have on deapool are hacks, team up and corps are cancelled thankfully though. "
    This.
    MatKrenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 255

#18  Edited By MatKrenz

What im pissed about this Deadpool fad is that Marvel wasn't smart enough to release trades of his first ongoing and maybe Agent X.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @MatKrenz said:
    " What im pissed about this Deadpool fad is that Marvel wasn't smart enough to release trades of his first ongoing and maybe Agent X. "
    aGENT X DOESN'T DESERVE A TRADE..DEADPOOL'S WRITERS ALREADY DECIDED THEY WERE GOING TO MAKE HIM WORTHLESS FOR DEADPOOL'S SAKE....
    Dark Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By Dark Cell
    @Caligula said:

"because he is being over-used and people are growing bored with the character. and it's a shame, because Deadpool is a good character but this is what happens when publishers push a character too hard. "

But thats the thing! Spiderman is horribly overused, but do people complain? No. and that is what gets me 

However if you look at the sales data. Deadpool’s main series sales go UP and Down just like any book so not too much to worry about there. 

I for one will never get sick of the guy - ive liked him since I was a kid till the point where now he is my fave character by miiiiles. However I don’t contribute to these sales statistics anymore because I now buy trades instead of comics    :)

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Caligula
    @Dark Cell said:
    " @Caligula said:

"because he is being over-used and people are growing bored with the character. and it's a shame, because Deadpool is a good character but this is what happens when publishers push a character too hard. "

But thats the thing! Spiderman is horribly overused, but do people complain? No. and that is what gets me 

However if you look at the sales data. Deadpool’s main series sales go UP and Down just like any book so not too much to worry about there. 

I for one will never get sick of the guy - ive liked him since I was a kid till the point where now he is my fave character by miiiiles. However I don’t contribute to these sales statistics anymore because I now buy trades instead of comics    :)

"
    it's funny that you bring up Spider-Man. check out my comment about that HERE.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Dark Cell said:

" @Caligula said:

"
    When Spider-Man appears in someone elses comics it's usually because that or those characters need his help.Deadpool has appeared in alot of books since Civil War he had no business being in for some cheap comedy.He even appears in team books where the team has specifically expressed not wanting him on the team or made fun of him.On top of it they spread him around with all these different miniseries and most of them sucked.His fans didn't even like them.When Spider-Man had different miniseries and a solo book things happened in those books that ACTUALLY mattered.
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vance Astro: That dont change the fact, Spiderman is a shadow and only sell comic books thanks to his movies and the horrible movie vision.
    Delta Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Delta Red

And according to DeadpoolBugle, Deadpool MAX will be cancelled after issue #12. 

Too bad, minus the art, it was a good book.
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Delta Red: Is good news, meaby they will decide to only make one, that is great number after number, see the positive side of life.
    The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By The Lobster
    @DeathpooltheT1000 said:

" @Delta Red: Is good news, meaby they will decide to only make one, that is great number after number, see the positive side of life. "

That's terrible news, having Daniel Way's series and Deadpool MAX is perfect! Not to many series but not to little. A nice healthy dose of variety.
    Iron_Lad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Iron_Lad

They should take Deadpool off of Uncanny X-Force as well. He is not a good fit on that team.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @DeathpooltheT1000 said:
    " @Vance Astro: That dont change the fact, Spiderman is a shadow and only sell comic books thanks to his movies and the horrible movie vision. "
    This isn't even a fact.Spider-Man has almost always been a top seller for Marvel, where did you get this nonsense?

@Iron_Lad said:
    " They should take Deadpool off of Uncanny X-Force as well. He is not a good fit on that team. "
    How isn't he a good fit?  
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The Lobster : Cmon, you make it sound like if Way, was the only option, i know people love Max, but since day one everybody knew it was going to live a year or two.
    @Vance Astro:Watch the fact how much the new fans, hate every oother option of Spiderman and how Emo Spiderman sell and not happy Spiderman.
    Iron_Lad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Iron_Lad
    @Vance Astro: 

Deadpool does nothing on Uncanny X-Force. He's supposed to be the comic relief of the team, but he just rambles incoherently on and on and on while the rest of the team is super serious. He just doesn't fit in my opinion. Also, I never really liked Deadpool, he's more annoying to me than funny, so there might be some bias there.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @DeathpooltheT1000 said:

@Vance Astro:Watch the fact how much the new fans, hate every oother option of Spiderman and how Emo Spiderman sell and not happy Spiderman. "

This isn't true either.Brand New Day Spider-Man was pretty happy.Actually Spider-Man has been pretty happy alot lately and his comics sell very well
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vance Astro said:
    " @DeathpooltheT1000 said:

@Vance Astro:Watch the fact how much the new fans, hate every oother option of Spiderman and how Emo Spiderman sell and not happy Spiderman. "

This isn't true either.Brand New Day Spider-Man was pretty happy.Actually Spider-Man has been pretty happy alot lately and his comics sell very well "
    Look at the fact, that Spiderman was on tv thanks to the movies and they are making new Spiderman movies.
    Buy spiderman is hot, because of the movies and becuase for th fact he was on tv during the last 3 years.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @DeathpooltheT1000 said:

" @Vance Astro said:

" @DeathpooltheT1000 said:

This isn't true either.Brand New Day Spider-Man was pretty happy.Actually Spider-Man has been pretty happy alot lately and his comics sell very well "
    Look at the fact, that Spiderman was on tv thanks to the movies and they are making new Spiderman movies. Buy spiderman is hot, because of the movies and becuase for th fact he was on tv during the last 3 years. "
    Spider-Man had his first animated series before I was even born and i'm 24.There was a Japanese Series made for Spider-Man that also came out before I was even born.He had three different animated series during my childhood two on Fox and one on MTV.I don't know where you're getting this stuff.Spider-Man has been on for years before he had one film.Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends the TV series was before my time as well.
    The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By The Lobster
    @DeathpooltheT1000 said:
    " @The Lobster : Cmon, you make it sound like if Way, was the only option, i know people love Max, but since day one everybody knew it was going to live a year or two.
    Once MAX is gone, yes he is the only option. Way's series would be the last Deadpool series on the market. Sure Deadpool will be in Uncanny X-Force but that's an X-men series, not a Deadpool series.
    The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By The Lobster
    @Iron_Lad said:
    " @Vance Astro:  Deadpool does nothing on Uncanny X-Force. He's supposed to be the comic relief of the team, but he just rambles incoherently on and on and on while the rest of the team is super serious. He just doesn't fit in my opinion. Also, I never really liked Deadpool, he's more annoying to me than funny, so there might be some bias there. "
    I have to disagree with you there, but only in a healthy debate fashion. 

Deadpool was the one who was tracking down Apocalypse for months and was the one who eventually found him as well. He also nursed Archangel back to health and practically saved Archangel's life. So to say he's done nothing is kinda unfair. Also I think you should wait till after the next arc with Deathlok (Issues #5 - #7), Rick Remender has said Deadpool is going to show what he can really do in that arc, plus he's going to explain why a loner like him is on the team and really dive into what makes Deadpool tick.

I'd wait till after that arc, till you say wither or not Deadpool should be on the team. 

But I can understand if you find him annoying, I mean hell even Wolverine, Archangel, and Fantomex think he's annoying. He's supposed to be annoying in a funny way. I can understand if you don't like him even if I do, his humor isn't for everyone.
    CyrixSG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36  Edited By CyrixSG

He got massive exposure when X-Men Origins came out and now that the Deadpool movie is seeming less and less likely topped with the over exposure of having too many books (factoring in Daniel Way since it seems most people dislike his writing), it's no wonder he's seeing a decline in sales.  I'll keep reading everything they put out with him.  The sales are dropping because the comics weren't good enough (mostly attributed to Way) to keep the bandwagon fans interested.  Doesn't help when they release crappy one-shot recaps of an actual good series (Cable & Deadpool) and take a great concept, and neglect lube when they bend it over (Venom/Deadpool What If).
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Iron_Lad said:
    " @Vance Astro:  Deadpool does nothing on Uncanny X-Force. He's supposed to be the comic relief of the team, but he just rambles incoherently on and on and on while the rest of the team is super serious. He just doesn't fit in my opinion. Also, I never really liked Deadpool, he's more annoying to me than funny, so there might be some bias there. "
    That doesn't mean he doesn't fit on the team though he's just not written well.He does fit with those type of characters. 
    Gennadius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Gennadius

I actually liked Deadpool in X-force 
    I've also heard that the dracula-cow team-up sucked but when I borrowed it from a friend I found it pretty funny. 

But what really suprised me whas http://www.comicvine.com/cable-dupe/37-261844/ 
    That book was awesome and felt really like the old cable and deadpool issue's 
    (If you ask me scrap all the DP-books we have now, and let this writer just write one.
    Dark Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#39  Edited By Dark Cell

@Vance Astro said:

"@Dark Cell said:

" @Caligula said:

"
    When Spider-Man appears in someone elses comics it's usually because that or those characters need his help.Deadpool has appeared in alot of books since Civil War he had no business being in for some cheap comedy.He even appears in team books where the team has specifically expressed not wanting him on the team or made fun of him.On top of it they spread him around with all these different miniseries and most of them sucked.His fans didn't even like them.When Spider-Man had different miniseries and a solo book things happened in those books that ACTUALLY mattered. "

Define " ACTUALLY mattered" 

But I see what you are trying to say, however one appearance that comes to mind for me is when DP appears in MS Marvel, which I thought was brilliant. 

I read DP because every time I do I walk way really uplifted and filled with joy - something that most other comics don’t come close to achieving. 

But whateva man, each to their own aye ;)

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Dark Cell said:

Define " ACTUALLY mattered" 

But I see what you are trying to say, however one appearance that comes to mind for me is when DP appears in MS Marvel, which I thought was brilliant. 

I read DP because every time I do I walk way really uplifted and filled with joy - something that most other comics don’t come close to achieving. 

But whateva man, each to their own aye ;)

The "let's spread him around so that people become familiar with him" tactic only works if the character is actually going to do something.Deadpool's appearance in Ms.Marvel could have not happened and nothing would be different.You can't use a bunch of meaningless appearances to try and get people to like a character because as soon as they read his books and find out he's nothing more than a joke and that most of what he does has 0 impact on the Marvel Universe..they aren't going to read it.If New Avengers got someone liking Spider-Man, I'm sure they would be disappointed if he was written anything like Deadpool.It's the same stuff over and over.
    Avatar image for hydrabob--defunct
    hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

it's probably because Wolverine has a lot of new books they seem to be trading who is loved then hated.
    I'm betting by the end of next year people are going to start getting mad cuz Wolverine is in too much and then they'll start looking for Deadpool and we will start this love hate roller coaster all over again,

Avatar image for unbreakable_bracelets
    Unbreakable Bracelets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hydrabob said:
    " it's probably because Wolverine has a lot of new books they seem to be trading who is loved then hated. I'm betting by the end of next year people are going to start getting mad cuz Wolverine is in too much and then they'll start looking for Deadpool and we will start this love hate roller coaster all over again, "
    Or Deadpool could stop piggybacking and someone could write something for him that doesn't suck....
    Avatar image for grandsymbiote94
    GrandSymbiote94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By GrandSymbiote94
    @Icarusflies said:
    "Because the Deadpool fad has passed, and people are sick of him. "

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT???
    hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Unbreakable Bracelets said:
    " Or Deadpool could stop piggybacking and someone could write something for him that doesn't suck.... "
    having Deadpool and suck in the same sentence makes no sense.
    how can you possibly dislike Deadpool?
    Unbreakable Bracelets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hydrabob said:

" @Unbreakable Bracelets said:

" Or Deadpool could stop piggybacking and someone could write something for him that doesn't suck.... "
    having Deadpool and suck in the same sentence makes no sense. how can you possibly dislike Deadpool? "
    It makes perfect sense.The only reason he's been popular as of late is because of characters like Cable and Wolverine.He can't stand on his own.He doesn't do anything that anyone cares about.
    hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Unbreakable Bracelets:  he found out how kill the Skrull Queen
    he's had plenty of his own on-goings that go for 2-3 years and has done stuff with characters other than just Cable and Wolverine.
    Also I find it boring when there is only one Superperson in a comic and plenty of other people play off of others it's not like this is new
    Unbreakable Bracelets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hydrabob said:
    " @Unbreakable Bracelets:  he found out how kill the Skrull Queen
    Right and then Norman Osborn stole the plans and became an American Hero...good job. 

@hydrabob said:
     he's had plenty of his own on-goings that go for 2-3 years and has done stuff with characters other than just Cable and Wolverine.
    He owes his popularity to those two characters.I know he's has\had an ongoing...doesn't change what I just said. 

@hydrabob said:
     Also I find it boring when there is only one Superperson in a comic and plenty of other people play off of others it's not like this is new "
    A-list characters like Spider-Man,Thor,Wolverine,Iron Man aren't popular because of other characters.They created their own lane.Deadpool has not.If not for his appearances in recent Marvel Events,Wolverine Origins (comic and movie) and Cable & Deadpool he'd be absent like Howard the Duck.
    hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Unbreakable Bracelets said:
    " Right and then Norman Osborn stole the plans and became an American Hero...good job. "
    first just want to say love the sarcasm (very unappreciated form of comedy), but he still stopped all those Super-Skrulls from going on everybody, and somebody had to find it, and during Dark Reign Norman was crapping himself over Deadpool revealing that he had found out how to kill her. 
    "He owes his popularity to those two characters.I know he's has\had an ongoing...doesn't change what I just said. "
    Well yeah people get popular because they are around other people, you think any of the Robins would be interesting if they hadn't been with Batman first. Would Bucky be interesting if he wasn't with Captain America. Would the X-Men be interesting without the original members.
    " A-list characters like Spider-Man,Thor,Wolverine,Iron Man aren't popular because of other characters.They created their own lane.Deadpool has not.If not for his appearances in recent Marvel Events,Wolverine Origins (comic and movie) and Cable & Deadpool he'd be absent like Howard the Duck. "
    No one said he is A-List, he is definitely B-List (or B+), but yeah if you aren't in the Big events then you aren't thought about, except for the people that read your on-going stuff. What has Daken done since Dark Reign since Dark Reign there are plenty of people i could do this for but don't feel like it, The point is Deadpool doesn't suck he is an interesting character and there really isn't anyone like him.
    Unbreakable Bracelets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hydrabob said:
    " @Unbreakable Bracelets said:
    " Right and then Norman Osborn stole the plans and became an American Hero...good job. "
    first just want to say love the sarcasm (very unappreciated form of comedy), but he still stopped all those Super-Skrulls from going on everybody, and somebody had to find it, and during Dark Reign Norman was crapping himself over Deadpool revealing that he had found out how to kill her. 
    "He owes his popularity to those two characters.I know he's has\had an ongoing...doesn't change what I just said. "
    Well yeah people get popular because they are around other people, you think any of the Robins would be interesting if they hadn't been with Batman first. Would Bucky be interesting if he wasn't with Captain America. Would the X-Men be interesting without the original members.
    " A-list characters like Spider-Man,Thor,Wolverine,Iron Man aren't popular because of other characters.They created their own lane.Deadpool has not.If not for his appearances in recent Marvel Events,Wolverine Origins (comic and movie) and Cable & Deadpool he'd be absent like Howard the Duck. "
    No one said he is A-List, he is definitely B-List (or B+), but yeah if you aren't in the Big events then you aren't thought about, except for the people that read your on-going stuff. What has Daken done since Dark Reign since Dark Reign there are plenty of people i could do this for but don't feel like it, The point is Deadpool doesn't suck he is an interesting character and there really isn't anyone like him. "
    I'm not disputing whether Deadpool is a good character or not.His problem is he doesn't do anything.Deadpool wasn't A-list but he was getting there..all off gimmicks and not writing.If Marvel wants people to care about Deadpool maybe they should try doing it themselves.To address your points...No Robin and Bucky wouldn't be popular without Batman or Cap but unlike them Deadpool wasn't brought up under other characters.He started as an X-Force villain and was given his own comic.There is no excuse for his piggybacking.Robin and Bucky started as children..they didn't have a choice.What has Daken done since Dark Reign? I guess you didn't read Siege? He's Wolverine's son....again he has no choice but to be associated with Wolverine.He won't be his own character for years. Maybe not ever because Wolverine is more popular than him.Deadpool doesn't have room for the same excuses.Deadpool may be an interesting character but his writers need to show that.The gimmicks have gotten lame and people caught on.
    hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Unbreakable Bracelets:  What are you calling gimmicks Deadpool Corps, and Team-Up. Deadpool Corps was definitely a gimmick, but Team-up had a good chance, but they didn't use it too it's full potential. Well once he got his own comic he would occasionally see members of X-force, but his books didn't revolve around them. He had his own stuff going on like introducing Typhoid Marie  and T-Rey, he was also a place for other B and C-list characters to show up. I really saw Siege as just a continuation of Dark Reign.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.