Does Deadpool have superhuman strength or peak human strength?

#1 Posted by nightwing737 (1103 posts) - - Show Bio

Does Deadpool have superhuman strength or peak human strength?

#2 Posted by serpent222 (319 posts) - - Show Bio

I really don't think he does. Because of his heeling factor, he has superhuman endurance.

#3 Posted by Amratheking (136 posts) - - Show Bio

He has superhuman strength in the two ton range. His healing factor works like those of Wolverine and Sabretooth-he can push his muscles beyond human limits because of it. 

#4 Posted by danhimself (22720 posts) - - Show Bio

@Amratheking said:

He has superhuman strength in the two ton range. His healing factor works like those of Wolverine and Sabretooth-he can push his muscles beyond human limits because of it.

maybe I've missed something somewhere along the line but where has it ever said that Wolverine and Sabretooth can lift 2 tons?

#5 Posted by serpent222 (319 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

@Amratheking said:

maybe I've missed something somewhere along the line but where has it ever said that Wolverine and Sabretooth can lift 2 tons?

Yeah, that's completely news to me too.

#6 Posted by D3athstroke (4173 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by chem86 (401 posts) - - Show Bio

@D3athstroke said:

What issue is this from?

#8 Posted by D3athstroke (4173 posts) - - Show Bio
@chem86
Cable & Deadpool #13    

and there is also this 
#9 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5690 posts) - - Show Bio
@serpent222 I thought the handbook put Sabretooth in the 2 ton range back in the day and Wolverines strength has been explained as his healing factor enhancing his musculature to compensate for carrying an extra 500 lbs from the adamantium.
#10 Posted by serpent222 (319 posts) - - Show Bio

@WaveMotionCannon said:

@serpent222 I thought the handbook put Sabretooth in the 2 ton range back in the day and Wolverines strength has been explained as his healing factor enhancing his musculature to compensate for carrying an extra 500 lbs from the adamantium.

I can buy those. And those scans seem like passive references. I don't think either are an example of enhanced strength. It's also not listed in his abilities on his comicvine page.

#11 Posted by SovereignDivinity (82 posts) - - Show Bio

@serpent222: but it is, on marvels very own website(deadpool).

#12 Posted by cmyers1980 (261 posts) - - Show Bio

@Amratheking said:

#13 Posted by Amratheking (136 posts) - - Show Bio
@WaveMotionCannon: I think it's an extra 100 pounds from the adamantium skeleton, but yeah-you're right on about the super strength. 
#14 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2685 posts) - - Show Bio

It was stated in one issue, I don't remember which I think it was in Cable and Deadpool maybe, where Weapon X fixed his scars and added a new feature to his healing factor. Every time he healed from a life threatening wound he'd get stronger. He managed to get to the two ton range before it wore off and his scars came back. I remember because after they explained that to him, Wade was about to take a hatchet to his "nether regions" for a "strength enhancement". You don't forget something like that

#15 Posted by w0nd (4077 posts) - - Show Bio

It was stated in one issue, I don't remember which I think it was in Cable and Deadpool maybe, where Weapon X fixed his scars and added a new feature to his healing factor. Every time he healed from a life threatening wound he'd get stronger. He managed to get to the two ton range before it wore off and his scars came back. I remember because after they explained that to him, Wade was about to take a hatchet to his "nether regions" for a "strength enhancement". You don't forget something like that

HAHA that is good stuff. Didn't realize it was the 2 ton range though, that's cool. I will re read Cable and Deadpool. His strength is inconsistent. He catches a punch from Ms.Marvel, but he complained blocking a kick from spider-man caused him pain.

#16 Posted by aktimno (3 posts) - - Show Bio

@w0nd: But, strength and pain are different and deadpool changes personality all the time. He could be winy one moment, then hardcore non stop at another.

#17 Edited by Chibio (920 posts) - - Show Bio

There is also a scene in one of his earlier comics, where he is on a bridge and I think he is holding a nun (!) up in the air and yelling at her. He says that he has a healing factor and superhuman strenght.
So yeah, there are many indicators which say that Deadpool has superhuman strenght. Nothing all too fancy, but he has it.

#18 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

he has superhuman endurance due to HF. but not superhuman or peak. somewhere close to peak but not there. he's a slob.

#19 Posted by GroovyAsh (163 posts) - - Show Bio

@w0nd: Yeah, but Deadpool's also a massive drama queen, so he may have been overselling the kick from Spidey and then trying to be macho in front of Ms Marvel.

#20 Posted by w0nd (4077 posts) - - Show Bio

@w0nd: Yeah, but Deadpool's also a massive drama queen, so he may have been overselling the kick from Spidey and then trying to be macho in front of Ms Marvel.

meh i just think the writers have a lack of communication over there, simple as that. Spider-man has never really lost to deadpool, the majority of the time he just lets spidey slap him around though when they did fight, slap stick and all that

#21 Posted by DEADPOOL (2638 posts) - - Show Bio

@w0nd said:

@smart_dork_dude said:

HAHA that is good stuff. Didn't realize it was the 2 ton range though, that's cool. I will re read Cable and Deadpool. His strength is inconsistent. He catches a punch from Ms.Marvel, but he complained blocking a kick from spider-man caused him pain.

I blame writers having questionable knowledge and/or questionable understanding of the character.

#22 Posted by XLR87T3 (3043 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

#23 Posted by Robert2928 (60 posts) - - Show Bio

I've read Way's run, like 70% Cable and Deadpool, An issue of his new series and I can honestly say Deadpool's strength is very inconsistent. I'm swinging more towards superhuman though from what I have read.

#24 Edited by MrDeadP00l (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Check out this marvel.com page on Deadpool and look at the power grid on the right, the blue is his official marvel stat for strength.

http://marvel.com/universe/Deadpool_%28Wade_Wilson%29

Here is a link where marvel explains the grid numbers.

http://marvel.com/universe/OHOTMU:Power_Grids

Marvel places Deadpool in the "able to lift 800lbs to 25tons group" classifing him as having superhuman strength, besides you have to be pretty strong to snap someones neck instantly with just two fingers as stated in Cable and Deadpool#13.

*May have to copy/paste link*

#25 Posted by w0nd (4077 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdeadp00l: he tried to hold back a helicopter and almost shift himself, he could barely do it and when he did he was gassed....something spider-man could easily do he is below spiderman in strength by far

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.