do you think deadpool could be a saterday morning cartoon?

Posted by <the skull> (265 posts) - - Show Bio

blog #12

now to clarify there is no deadpool cartoon, but should there be?

#1 Edited by N7_Normandy (2430 posts) - - Show Bio

Saturday morning- most certainly not.  I don't envision seeing a Deadpool show on Disney XD or nicktoons unless it's extremely tempered.  If you temper it though, aren't you losing the essence of Deadpool.  Late night tv- why not.

#2 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio

If it was on Adult Swim

#3 Posted by N7_Normandy (2430 posts) - - Show Bio
@Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
" If it was on Adult Swim "
would marvel put a show on adult swim though?  I doubt it
#4 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio
@N7_Normandy: True enough, but I can't think of many other outlets for properly done Deadpool cartoon
#5 Posted by N7_Normandy (2430 posts) - - Show Bio
@Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
" @N7_Normandy: True enough, but I can't think of many other outlets for properly done Deadpool cartoon "
G4 maybe?
#6 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio
@N7_Normandy said:
" @Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
" @N7_Normandy: True enough, but I can't think of many other outlets for properly done Deadpool cartoon "
G4 maybe? "
perhaps, if they ever get those Marvel anime premiered , they could work that out
#7 Posted by N7_Normandy (2430 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty sure those are set to air during q1 or q2 of 2011.  What's do you think about them?  I'm hoping they'll be decent, but I'm a bit ambivalent about the X-men being portrayed in an anime.

#8 Edited by AMS (1387 posts) - - Show Bio

Even the most ardent and rabid Deadpool fanbois would call it a day if he got sold out and watered down into a lame saturday morning cartoon.
#9 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

If Deadpool ever had a show, it would have to be on Adult Swim...

#10 Posted by Delta Red (222 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by Mainline (1129 posts) - - Show Bio
@Delta Red said:
" http://www.superherohype.com/features/articles/97753-marvel-is-developing-animated-thor-series     Quoting a part of that article:  "Marvel president of animation Eric Rollman said the series is part of the company's plan to follow each live-action movie with an animated series and "offer a continued awareness in the marketplace."  So i guess Deadpool has some chances to get an animated show. "
Except Thor is a Marvel Studios property and Deadpool is a 20th Century Fox property.  Obviously that didn't stop them from cashing in on Wolvie and the X-Men but it definitely made their financing partners skittish which, arguably, lead to the demise of Wolverine And The X-Men.  I'm not sure they're going to rush to repeat that with Deadpool.
#12 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10064 posts) - - Show Bio

I am going to say this once, wtf is with the deadpool thing?
I mean i know about the movie, but why is this forum popular again?

#13 Posted by AskaniSon295 (427 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel should totatlly do a deadpool carton but make it like the spawn cartton dark a gritty for adult audiences awith adult situations like a Marvel Max comic.

#14 Posted by HarlequinKiss (441 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to see a messed up DP cartoon on Comedy Central. If it were on Adult Swim it would be nothing but gross unintelligible humor for hard drug users. I swear, most AS crap is worse than youtube poop. I'd like to see DP in something really unique and artsy and still insane and humorous. I think Comedy Central could deliver.

#15 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio
@HarlequinKiss said:
"I'd like to see a messed up DP cartoon on Comedy Central. If it were on Adult Swim it would be nothing but gross unintelligible humor for hard drug users. I swear, most AS crap is worse than youtube poop. I'd like to see DP in something really unique and artsy and still insane and humorous. I think Comedy Central could deliver. "

This.
#16 Posted by ReverseNegative (2729 posts) - - Show Bio

It would HAVE to be on Adult Swim to be any good for Deadpool.

#17 Posted by CaptainCockblock (3672 posts) - - Show Bio

GOD NO!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.