Follow

Deadpool

Character » Deadpool appears in 3332 issues.

Wade Wilson is a former test subject of the Weapon X program, where he received his regenerative healing factor through the scientific experiments conducted upon him. A prominent enemy, ally and later, member of X-Force. He's famous for breaking the Fourth Wall.

Do you prefer immortal Deadpool or current Deadpool?

Avatar image for cannotspellmyname
    CannotSpellMyName

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By CannotSpellMyName

Did you, like me, enjoy Deadpool more when he had Thanos curse and couldn't die no matter what you threw at him, or do you prefer the current Deadpool who apparently can be killed?

Deadnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Deadnigma

I haven't read the last few issues of Deadpool (catching up) but I do have to say that the sound of Deadpool being immortal, like he was before, sounds better. Maybe because it allows Deadpool's insanity to run wild while if he wasn't immortal he would start to mature a bit more and maybe lose the characteristics that made him as popular as he is?

TheAntiReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TheAntiReVamp

Immortal Deadpool,It gives him alot more privileges to do crazy things.

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By The Lobster

Immortal Deadpool, obviously. 

Part of the humor of Deadpool was how much damage he could take. What made him such an effective mercenary was he wouldn't quit and nobody could make him quit. Even if he was going against a target that no matter how many times he fought him he'd never win, the target would kill him or take him down and Deadpool would heal and just try again until his target would get annoyed and turn himself in or just shoot himself in the head to avoid the annoyance. 

Him being mortal takes away a bit of that comedic element.

rogue_mar1e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By rogue_mar1e

Immortal, scarred Deadpool. It ads so much more to the character ~

I haven't read anything recent to know why he isn't immortal and scarred anymore though.

Man of Lengend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Man of Lengend

ya know I love deadpool , I want to see where this goes with his non scarred body. He has only been cured for like a total of 3 issues including the last x force and it has been fun for sure.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By TDK_1997

Immortal Deadpool is cooler becaue he does more crazy stuff that we can enjoy and laugh at.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000

I love Deadpool like he should be, immortal with bad skin.

EpicAssassin90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By EpicAssassin90

Immortal scarred insane deadpool

_Quickster_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By _Quickster_

Deadpool got turned not ugly!? Gods in Hell, what's wrong with the world today!? Gods don't live in Hell!

Postacrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Postacrat

Has it been confirmed that he is no longer cursed with life by Thanos? If that is the case then he is still somewhat immortal, but he can now be harmed and seriously injured. That being said I personally like the current Deadpool best. I've been a fan of Deadpool through it all, and to be honest he's become a walking bullet magnet no better than wolverine whom I also am a fan of. These two have relied on their healing factors so much that their fighting skills, agility, and reflexes are overshadowed by them. These guys take more damage then they should and it starts to create the question in your mind, how could these guys survive without their healing factors? In original Deadpool appearances he was insane yes but he was a lot cleaner with his actual jobs, if you incapacitated him it was because he simply didn't see it coming not because he was on the other end of your sniper rifle with his mouth wide opening invite you to try it just because he could survive it. I want to see a better Deadpool, a professional assassin and master martial artist who flips around with guns and swords and dodges incoming dangers and uses his brains better in combat while still being funny but values his life. I was getting bored with deadpools Boredom, in the comics he had done so much even he didn't know what to do with himself then we ended up in a familiar paradox of comics where he's trying to kill himself for the third time. I want a Deadpool who is cautious and is more about skill than being a another healing factor having bullet to the face taking moron, I support current Deadpool and even if it is temporary I want to see where this goes!

Kadj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Kadj

Deadpool's Immortality added a lot to his personality still a little too soon to say for sure if I dislike the current though

PaperDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By PaperDemon

I prefer immortal deadpool. That was the humor like when his head popped off and he was still alive. :)

Avatar image for necrotic_lycanthrope
    Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

Immortal, although it is funny to see him get beat up worse than ever now that he's a regular Joe Shmoe in a mask.

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By KainScion

@_Quickster_: at one point he looked like tom cruise. they even named him tom cruse or something similar. those were the crazy marvel days.

immortal. dying deadpool no fun. hes already lost a pinky. and paste pot pete............... really marvel? milk carton keith was unavailable?!

Avatar image for deactivated-607949e25bdb6
    deactivated-607949e25bdb6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Current 'Pool, though I think we need to see more issues before making a decision.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

I just...can't picture DP without his immortality...it's like Superman without his strength, or  Wolverine without his claws.

chefmcduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By chefmcduck

I think this storyline is going to end up with Deadpool becoming immortal again. It's far too early to really say. I think after reading 56, clearly you can see that being normal isn't really Wade's favourite thing.

SupahForeigner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By SupahForeigner

I'm still annoyed how the only thing that made Deadpool a mutant they took away. Being immortal/having HF makes Deadpool insane, without immortality/HF then Deadpool isn't going to be insane and therefore not the character everyone has grown to like, imo. I do agree though that there is a good enough chance Deadpool will receive his immortality/HF once again, I hope he does. Deadpool isn't Deadpool without his HF tbh.

Avatar image for sophisticated_ignorance
    Sophisticated_Ignorance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WTF they took away Deadpools healing factor? That sucks definitely won't be reading those comics.

oraclefyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By oraclefyre

Weirdly enough, he was way more attractive when he was ugly. Yeah. Man, if they make him become sane I will go insane.

SupahForeigner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SupahForeigner

@oraclefyre said:

Weirdly enough, he was way more attractive when he was ugly. Yeah. Man, if they make him become sane I will go insane.

Amen to that.

RoboShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By RoboShark

I'm down with "Can be killed" Pool right now.

allhailme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By allhailme

I want him to sharpen his skills to his old levels, and then get back the immortality.

soduh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#25  Edited By soduh2

Is there a way he can get his healing factor back without the scars?

Duke_Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By Duke_Nasty

I wouldnt mind it that much if it is for just a few issues but if he doesnt change back then I'll be pissed.

Avatar image for spiritofthewolf96
    SpiritOfTheWolf96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allhailme: YES!!!!!!! Deadpool (no offense to my fav Marvel character) has gotten a bit sloppy. He's stll a badass, though. But once he gets used to fending for his life, hones his skills, and then gets his immortality back, he will be THE force to be reckoned with.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By _Zombie_

Immortal Deapool. I'm still not fond of him having his face back. Also, the lack of healing factor, if it's true, is just stupid.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#29  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Immortal Deadpool was pointless. A Street level hero who can't die has nothing to live for. I never understood why Deadpool ever had his own comics. He's a one dimensional character and he doesn't bring anything to the table you couldn't get from Wolverine,Daredevil,Iron Fist,Spider-Man,or the Punisher.

PuckPuckPuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By PuckPuckPuck

@Postacrat: Way appears to have skipped over a lot of continuity - especially for the last few arcs (Deadpool trying to kill himself would indicate that the Thanos curse isn't existent in Way's Deadpool). By rights his cancer should be now rampant and bringing him to a swift death as well.

PuckPuckPuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By PuckPuckPuck

@Vance Astro: @Vance Astro said:

Immortal Deadpool was pointless. A Street level hero who can't die has nothing to live for. I never understood why Deadpool ever had his own comics. He's a one dimensional character and he doesn't bring anything to the table you couldn't get from Wolverine,Daredevil,Iron Fist,Spider-Man,or the Punisher.

Earlier Deadpool was decently complex. Certainly not 1 dimensional. Granted he is not for everyone. : )

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By dane
    @Vance Astro: An interesting sense of humor? Deadpool hasn't been written well for a long time :<
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#33  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @PuckPuckPuck said:

Earlier Deadpool was decently complex. Certainly not 1 dimensional. Granted he is not for everyone. : )

How early are we talking? 

@Dane said:
    @Vance Astro: An interesting sense of humor? Deadpool hasn't been written well for a long time :<
    I get that from Peter Parker and unlike Deadpool, I actually LOL at the things he does and says. It's interesting that you say Deadpool hasn't been written well in a long time. I've heard people say that Daniel Way brought depth to the character. 
    dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By dane
    @Vance Astro: Quite the opposite, sir. Ask k4tz about Daniel Way's Deadpool. He made the character unreadable imo.
    deadpool6_6_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By deadpool6_6_6

I havent seen the latest version of deadpool...... Did they create a deadpool that can actually die?

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Rumble Man

immortal

ranvage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ranvage

I like the oldschool Deadpool better. When Healing Factor didn't mean immortality and when writing a comics meant more than simply earning money.

The good old days...

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#38  Edited By Deadcool

I don't care... I just want my ugly Deadpool back...

No Caption Provided
    Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#39  Edited By Teerack

I liked current deadpool more up till he lost his pinkie. Now It just kinda pisses me off and i want him to grow his finger back :(

SupahForeigner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By SupahForeigner

The DEAD story arc was well written in my opinion, but now after reading the second part of Deadpool Reborn, I'm starting to get frustrated about Deadpool not having his healing factor.

spiderpool94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By spiderpool94

@CannotSpellMyName: i love him being immortal. i thought he cared less then. but then again the deadpool reborn storyline is growing me toward mortal DP. he's kind of more of a risk taker now he's lost his immortality, but on the other hand when he was immortal he got cocky and and just trolled the most powerful of foes.

Jibberish430

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deadpool mortal allows him to be with his love Death as a happy ending. Mayhaps those two will rule comicly chaotic in the aether of the god realms. Honestly though, he should retain his healing factor and lose his immortality/curse. Find a balance that allows him to fluerish. Once he has something to live for...like a puppy...he'll be okay until accepting the fate of death. Otherwise he'd go straight to his love. But the story can continue from there. (Deadpool babies!?)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.