Follow

Deadpool

Character » Deadpool appears in 3316 issues.

Wade Wilson is a former test subject of the Weapon X program, where he received his regenerative healing factor through the scientific experiments conducted upon him. A prominent enemy, ally and later, member of X-Force. He's famous for breaking the Fourth Wall.

Disney and Deadpool, will it work?

Kynikos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Kynikos

Since the buyout of Marvel by Disney, I have had this crippling fear that the Deadpool movie that is currently in the works will be anything less than a hard-R rated badass movie at worst, and at the very worst Deadpool becoming kiddified to make more money for the Elder things that brought us the indescribable horror of the Jonas Brothers.Thought on this? 
    Agent Buttons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Agent Buttons

i highly doubt that they're going to disney-fy deadpool. or anyone else.
    Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

http://www.foxbusiness.com/story/markets/industries/media/disney-acquire-marvel-entertainment-b/

However, as part of the transaction, Disney will be working directly with some of the company's biggest rival movie houses like Sony Pictures ( SNE : 26.51, 0.2, 0.76%), Twentieth Century Fox ( NWS : 12.91, 0.47, 3.78%), and Viacom's Paramount Studios ( VIA : 26.37, 0.77, 3.01%). Before this transaction, Marvel signed distribution deals with those movie houses. Sony Pictures owns the rights to the Spiderman franchise, while Fox has the rights to X-Men.

Disney said it would honor those distribution deal until they expires. Iger, in a call with investors, said that it would be "in our best interests to be the sole distributor of the content"  afterward.

----
    Deadpool movie is righted by 20th Century Fox. Disney has no say in it.

ryanwh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ryanwh

Were you bothered that none of the other comic book movies got an R rating? Why does the SOP suddenly bother you? How is it suddenly Disney's fault if Deadpool is PG 13 like every other successful Marvel movie? Other than that POS Punisher flick.

Kynikos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Kynikos
    @ryanwh:
    I was bothered by other comic-book flicks, but Deadpool is my favorite character and you just wouldn't be able to do his adventures justice if they were PG-13ified.
    Deadstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Deadstroke
    @Kynikos: Well sorry to hear that, but Marvel has already announced after the failure of Punisher war Zone that their would be no more R rated movies from them. No matter what, the Deadpool movie is going to be PG-13
    Kynikos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Kynikos

God Dammit...
    Drafta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Drafta
    @Deadstroke: That's not totally true.  Kick-Ass will be R-rated.
    Deadstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Deadstroke
    @Drafta: I don't think KickAss belongs to Marvel Comics, only Marvel said they wouldn't make anymore R rated films. Deadpool belongs to Marvel.
    Drafta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Drafta

Kick-Ass belongs to Icon.  Icon belongs to Marvel.

Avatar image for abnormally_warm_guy
    Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

It's everyone's fault for not seeing the deliciously violent Punisher movie. Deadpool could have had stuff like that in it but it won't now.

I don't care what anyone says Punihser: War Zone, rocked.

defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Kynikos said:
    " @ryanwh: I was bothered by other comic-book flicks, but Deadpool is my favorite character and you just wouldn't be able to do his adventures justice if they were PG-13ified. "
    um, you are aware that the Deadpool comic is equivantly Rated- PG-13 right? 
    Everything marvel puts out with the exception of MAX titles and off shoots is
    PG or PG-13. Cartoon like violence ( ei: Mortal Kombat ) is acceptable in 
    PG-13. R Ratings require graphic realistic violence, adult language and
    or sexual content.
    Kynikos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Kynikos

@CATMANEXE:
    I guess I was projecting a bit on that phrase, but Deadpool always seemed more violent to me I guess. I just figured in my sense of logic that PG-13 equals censored or limited, and R equals no punches pulled.

Deadstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Deadstroke
    @Abnormally Warm Guy said:

" It's everyone's fault for not seeing the deliciously violent Punisher movie. Deadpool could have had stuff like that in it but it won't now.  I don't care what anyone says Punihser: War Zone, rocked. "

I agree, that entire movie is nothing more then harmless B movie fun. As I said in the movie review I did for it on here....
    "If your looking for a movie where you can grab a couple of buddies and drink a couple of beers with this IS THAT MOVIE. Rent it but don't buy it."
    Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved that movie so much. And it was exactly what a Punisher movie should be. My friend bought it and we've watched it a bunch of times.

My favorite parts:

"GOD DAMMIT CASTLE! "

"You Krispy Kreme mother fuckers!"

Frank punching the guy through his face (because he did coke).

When Frank throws the grenade in a can in a room. The guy in there looks in the can and has a facial expression that says "well darn".

The Parkour gang was hilarious.

Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Kynikos: Most movies rated R are done so because of violence but because of sexual content.
    Deadstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Deadstroke
    " I loved that movie so much. And it was exactly what a Punisher movie should be. My friend bought it and we've watched it a bunch of times.  My favorite parts:  "GOD DAMMIT CASTLE! "  "You Krispy Kreme mother fuckers!" Frank punching the guy through his face (because he did coke).  When Frank throws the grenade in a can in a room. The guy in there looks in the can and has a facial expression that says "well darn".  The Parkour gang was hilarious. "
    I love the scene with Loony Bin Jim saying "Yummy Yummy yummy in my tummy tummy tummy" 
    Also love when the Parkour gang member explodes in midair. 
    Frank punching the guy in the face and his face explodes
    Loony Bin Jim meowing at the police officer 

Hell that whole movie is nothing but fun B Movie style greatness, that movie deserved so much more attention.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#18  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Disney and Marvel will remain two separate entities.Only difference is now,Disney will see a profit off of everything Marvel does.Deadpool will continue to do whatever he wants.

defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Kynikos said:
    "

@CATMANEXE:
    I guess I was projecting a bit on that phrase, but Deadpool always seemed more violent to me I guess. I just figured in my sense of logic that PG-13 equals censored or limited, and R equals no punches pulled.

"
    the comic is PG-13. its rated as cartoon like violence, much like Mortal Kombat, in that its unrealistic.
    so theres no limit for the movie to be like the comic. the only thing that will limit it and should is that
    it will likely be more realistic and less silly. an off the wall Deadpool movie would just turn into Scary Movie,
    and be a pile of crap.

and again, Disney has nothing to do with the Deadpool movie at all.
    its by 20th Century Fox.
    Kynikos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Kynikos

Well, my paranoia has been put to rest, but how do I take this thread down anyway?
    Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Deadstroke: looney bin Jim shooting the dolls and laughing manically was great too.

Also loved the Parkour guy getting bazookaed in mid air (that's right I made up a word).
    sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#22  Edited By sora_thekey

Jack Sparrow and Deadpool Team up #1
    Deadstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Deadstroke
    " @Deadstroke: looney bin Jim shooting the dolls and laughing manically was great too.  Also loved the Parkour guy getting bazookaed in mid air (that's right I made up a word). "
    Like I said, that whole movie is fun as hell. It's too bad it wasn't successful...maybe then we'd actually see LBJ in the comics. It worked for X23 and Harley Quinn.
    monkeypool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By monkeypool
    @Agent Buttons said:
    "i highly doubt that they're going to disney-fy deadpool. or anyone else. "

Precisely. 
    Why would a company buy a product which sells very well as is, just to turn it into something which won't appeal to the audience it already has? 
    Honestly, people's worries over this are silly. 
    Disney bought Marvel because it made financial sense, that's it, period end of story. 
    They're not going to change your favorite characters, or whatever, it just doens't work that way. 
    That would be bad business...no check that..that would be insanely stupid business.  

If you want to worry about anything with Deadpool, worry about the fact that right now with three on-goings he's becoming overexposed, and potentially will become watered down as a result. 

His own popularity is a MUCH bigger threat, than Disney, trust me. 
    Avatar image for ravaginghamster
    RavagingHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By RavagingHamster

A rep from Disney already said in an interview that they are going with a "If it ain't broke" mentallity, meaning they arent going to screw with anything since it seems to be working just fine right now.  I just hope that Pixar doesnt do anything with the characters.  They've already done The Incredibles, which was good, but i mean come one, Deadpool vs Buzz Lightyear?  there arent many comics out there anymore that are made strictly for Pixar's core audience, meaning kids.  Except for maybe Howard the Duck or whatever his name is lol

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.