Did Deadpool overcome the techno-organic virus with his willpower, or was it his healing factor that overcame it?

#1 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio

Had to be healing factor.

#4 Posted by Hypershock (575 posts) - - Show Bio

Healing Factor.

#5 Posted by Sleuth (2664 posts) - - Show Bio

Healing factor. His will-power had nothing to do with it.

#6 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
Well then. This is what Mr. Pie said in the Snake-Eyes vs. Deadpool thread.

Mr.Pie said:

"I said it doesn't take a genius. By no means have i implied that i am a genius...genius!
Right, so you say it's his healing factor? I disagree. The timing he says "nah" right after the techno organic virus broke away from his is too specific and not to mention, obvious. 

Mr.Pie said:
"Deadpool was being taken over by techno organic virus and he stopped it just by his will alone. That' goes a long way then some cheap hypnotism done by snake. "
#7 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
Mr.Pie said:
"You actually want me to bring out the scan and show it to you? It was stopped by his pure will alone. Hell, i confirmed it before i posted that as a legitimate feat. "
Mr.Pie said:
And neither do you have enough evidence to proof that it is his healing factor. And he said 'Nah' After it broke away simply means he used his willpower to simply prove a point.

"I can be whole again"......."Nah"
#8 Posted by Son of Liberty (334 posts) - - Show Bio

It was the healing factor

#9 Posted by Sleuth (2664 posts) - - Show Bio

Lmao

#10 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Now, I know I'm not crazy. LOL.

#11 Posted by TOAA (169 posts) - - Show Bio
There does not appear to be anything that would indicate that it was his willpower at all. I deem it to be the healing factor.
#12 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna rub this in Mr. Pie's face.

#13 Posted by morf (85 posts) - - Show Bio

Who knows? Ther is no proof either way, but I do find it suspicious that way he is smiling after it's gone. I believe it was meant to be his willpower, But if I should look at this my way(my way is: What defines reality) I would say it is an combination. That: he in the first capture bids the techno-organic virus welcome(the healing factor stop fighting), in the second capture he fights it with an will to be normal-Deadpool(his healing factor fights it of) and in the third caption he won(TA-DAAAA).

#14 Edited by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
morf said:
"Who knows? Ther is no proof either way, but I do find it suspicious that way he is smiling after it's gone. I believe it was meant to be his willpower, But if I should look at this my way(my way is: What defines reality) I would say it is an combination. That: he in the first capture bids the techno-organic virus welcome(the healing factor stop fighting), in the second capture he fights it with an will to be normal-Deadpool(his healing factor fights it of) and in the third caption he won(TA-DAAAA)."
Neither of this makes sense. In relevance to what's in bold, saying that it's his willpower that fights the virus is like Batman (who has no healing factor) fighting off HIV with his willpower. You can't fight HIV (or any virus for that matter) with willpower.
#15 Posted by deathswitch (475 posts) - - Show Bio

healing factor 

#16 Posted by TOAA (169 posts) - - Show Bio
Static Shock said:
"I'm gonna rub this in Mr. Pie's face. "
Please do. And let him know that TOAA agrees with you lol.
#17 Posted by Yaujtapool (7577 posts) - - Show Bio

It was his healing factor , and did you make this thread just to prove someone wrong ? if so niice .

#18 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
Yaujtapool said:
"It was his healing factor , and did you make this thread just to prove someone wrong ? if so niice ."
Yep.
#19 Posted by triple7 (389 posts) - - Show Bio

Comic Writing!

#20 Posted by Son of Liberty (334 posts) - - Show Bio

Haha this makes me laugh...because I was there when Mr. Pie pulled this crap out and passed it off as an argument lol.

#21 Posted by gunswordfist (2669 posts) - - Show Bio

Will power.

#22 Edited by DEADPOOL (2703 posts) - - Show Bio

Well his healing factor is mentally driven somewhat, but he couldn't had done it with just his will, so it was his healing factor.

#23 Posted by Giuseppe Riccadonna (2071 posts) - - Show Bio

A little bit of both in my opinion.

#24 Posted by gunswordfist (2669 posts) - - Show Bio
Giuseppe Riccadonna said:
"A little bit of both in my opinion."
That's actually what I meant. In the battle thread some people thought I meant that Deadpool's healing factor wasn't used at all and he just forced the virus out with pure will power. Now that's ridiculous.
#25 Edited by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
gunswordfist said:
"That's actually what I meant. In the battle thread some people thought I meant that Deadpool's healing factor wasn't used at all and he just forced the virus out with pure will power. Now that's ridiculous."
It wasn't his willpower. You can't force a virus out with willpower. Willpower doesn't not give you immunity or resistance to viruses and infections. That's what the healing factor is for. Willpower isn't made to serve that purpose.
#26 Posted by gunswordfist (2669 posts) - - Show Bio
Static Shock said:
"gunswordfist said:
"That's actually what I meant. In the battle thread some people thought I meant that Deadpool's healing factor wasn't used at all and he just forced the virus out with pure will power. Now that's ridiculous."
It wasn't his willpower. You can't force a virus out with willpower. Willpower doesn't not give you immunity or resistance to viruses and infections. That's what the healing factor is for. Willpower isn't made to serve that purpose."

I'm saying that Deadpool used his willpower to concentrate on making his healing factor quickly remove the techno organic virus from his body.
#27 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
gunswordfist said:
"I'm saying that Deadpool used his willpower to concentrate on making his healing factor quickly remove the techno organic virus from his body."
Still incorrect. His healing factor did it alone. The healing factor itself worked harder to remove the virus. Willpower and healing factors don't go hand in hand. That's ridiculous.
#28 Posted by mv (1876 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like his healing factor and his will power, just becuase of him saying "nah" I could be wrong though  

#29 Edited by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
MTS said:
"Looks like his healing factor and his will power, just becuase of him saying "nah" I could be wrong though  "
He's saying 'nah, because he's confident in his healing factor. It doesn't make sense to fight a virus with willpower.
#30 Posted by mv (1876 posts) - - Show Bio
Static Shock said:
"MTS said:
"Looks like his healing factor and his will power, just becuase of him saying "nah" I could be wrong though  "
He's saying 'nah, because he's confident in his healing factor. It doesn't make sense to fight a virus with willpower."
Oh ok
#31 Posted by gunswordfist (2669 posts) - - Show Bio
Static Shock said:
"MTS said:
He's saying 'nah, because he's confident in his healing factor. It doesn't make sense to fight a virus with willpower."
No he said 'Nah' because that showed that he used his will power to get rid of the virus.
#32 Posted by Rockdalf (53 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm... I was somehow under the impression it was neither.  For some reason I thought that he overcame it because it rejected him as a host (whether through his horrible cancer or disturbed mind).  But if I was to pick from the two I'd say B) Healing Factor.  Willpower implies control in my book... a feat I don't think DP can boast.

#33 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll have to disagree and say

A. Willpower

or

B. Healing Factor by WILL

because from what I've heard, deadpool has NO control over his healing factor, it just repulsivly regenerates. And the moment the virus infested his body it should of revolted it (if it could! Or if deadpool wanted it in this case of control by will!)

so seeing that he had the time to run a monologue, i doubt it was his reflexive Healing factor, more like Willpower.

#34 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

He even said "Nah" and in that moment it shook off, you do the math. I'm going to have to say "Nah" to everyone who voted for healing factor :P

#35 Posted by gunswordfist (2669 posts) - - Show Bio
Voidheart said:
"He even said "Nah" and in that moment it shook off, you do the math. I'm going to have to say "Nah" to everyone who voted for healing factor :P"
Agreed.
#36 Edited by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
Voidheart said:
"He even said "Nah" and in that moment it shook off, you do the math.
He said 'nah' after the virus went away. Not a sign of willpower. The man's confident in his healing factor. That's why he said that. Willpower and healing factors don't go together.

Voidheart said:
"I'm going to have to say "Nah" to everyone who voted for healing factor :P"
Yeah. Say 'nah' to the people that are right if it makes you feel better.

gunswordfist said:
"Agreed."

Disagreed.

#37 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio
Static Shock said:
"Voidheart said:
"He even said "Nah" and in that moment it shook off, you do the math.
He said 'nah' after the virus went away. Not a sign of willpower. The man's confident in his healing factor. That's why he said that. Willpower and healing factors don't go together.

Voidheart said:
"I'm going to have to say "Nah" to everyone who voted for healing factor :P"
Yeah. Say 'nah' to the people that are right if it make you feel better.
it does :O (and you should know cuz i always do that)

anywho, you posted the can of the lower stripe but how long has it been infecting him is my question, show us the whole scan, then we'll see if it's prompt or over a long time.
#38 Edited by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
Voidheart said:
"anywho, you posted the can of the lower stripe but how long has it been infecting him is my question, show us the whole scan, then we'll see if it's prompt or over a long time."
I don't have the whole scan. I got it from someone else who's saying the same thing you are. He wanted to believe his willpower played a part in it, (when healing, as a whole, is an involuntary process and cannot be control by willpower) when it didn't. Whether it's prompt or over a long period of time means nothing. Being infected by the virus for a long period of time would only make the healing factor work harder to get rid of it.
#39 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

Now if it were his healing factor alone he wouldnt be able to get it out since it was able to work its way in meaning the healing factor wasnt strong enough :>

anyways im off ill debate this tomorrow (if this post didnt already settle it ;p)

#40 Posted by gunswordfist (2669 posts) - - Show Bio
Voidheart said:
"Now if it were his healing factor alone he wouldnt be able to get it out since it was able to work its way in meaning the healing factor wasnt strong enough :>anyways im off ill debate this tomorrow (if this post didnt already settle it ;p)"
I disagree with that part. His healing factor would have eventually gotten rid of the virus. I'm saying that he used his will to get rid of the virus QUICKLY. His HF would have just done it slowly without him using his willpower.
#41 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
gunswordfist said:
"I disagree with that part. His healing factor would have eventually gotten rid of the virus. I'm saying that he used his will to get rid of the virus QUICKLY. His HF would have just done it slowly without him using his willpower."
Quick science lesson.

Static Shock said:
(when healing, as a whole, is an involuntary process and cannot be control by willpower)
Voidheart said:
"Now if it were his healing factor alone he wouldnt be able to get it out since it was able to work its way in meaning the healing factor wasnt strong enough"

Just because it was able to work it's way doesn't mean that the healing factor wouldn't have stopped it.

#42 Posted by Tevnoba (3494 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, I would not normally give Deadpool any credit for willpower . . .however, the TO virus was in his system for a bit, and he did have time for the monologue, and the whole "nah!" timing, are all a little suspect.  Plus consider, that his immune system has already fought off the the TO virus (when he needed it from cable to cure himself of the Facade Virus), but was still affecting him again.

I think it was like a Psychosomatic effect - not with the curing of the TO, but with the holding back of his healing factor (i.e. he had some control during this infection - governed by his subconscious).

When infected his healing factor should have wiped out the To almost instantly (faster than it could spread), but it did not - because Deadpool did not want it to (willpower holding it back) - he was feeling like he could fit in and part of him has always wanted that.  Then he realized that it would completly destroy his individuality (which he wants more than to fit in) so he let go and his Healing Factor kick the crap out of the TO.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.