Deadpool's powers

#1 Posted by Postacrat (496 posts) - - Show Bio

Did something happen to Deadpool?  I thought he had superhuman strength, reflexes and agility to go with his healing factor and fighting skills?  I've noticed his skill set has been cut down to a single paragraph, it mentions nothing of strength except for peak human.  Also I thought Deadpool was extremely agile and is a martial artist on par with Wolverine I've read this here and seen it in comics, now he's just a highly trained weapon's master with a healing factor.  Has Deadpool been tuned down or were his powers over exaggerated at some point?

#2 Posted by mavfan626 (4125 posts) - - Show Bio

Classic Deadpool rarely showed any super human strength as it was but he has always been seen to at least , atm writes seem to just focus on Deadpool's ability to heal. He has been shown to have the MA skills to keep up the likes of Iron Fist, Wolverine and Shatterstar but yes has only been stated to army training. In the Marvel hand book tho he been ranked a level 6 in MA which mean he's a master of several MA, so yeah it can get confusing were Deadpool stands in his MA ability. 

Current Deadpool, writen by Daniel Way however is pretty much a joke and know one really takes him seriously. 

#3 Posted by Postacrat (496 posts) - - Show Bio
@mavfan626 said:
Classic Deadpool rarely showed any super human strength as it was but he has always been seen to at least , atm writes seem to just focus on Deadpool's ability to heal. He has been shown to have the MA skills to keep up the likes of Iron Fist, Wolverine and Shatterstar but yes has only been stated to army training. In the Marvel hand book tho he been ranked a level 6 in MA which mean he's a master of several MA, so yeah it can get confusing were Deadpool stands in his MA ability.   Current Deadpool, writen by Daniel Way however is pretty much a joke and know one really takes him seriously. 
I see...It is true I seldom saw him perform superhuman strength feats, but I know his agility and martial arts skills were superior.  In fact I am almost sure his agility if nothing else was superhuman.
#4 Posted by GrandSymbiote94 (11659 posts) - - Show Bio

Classic Deadpool>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Current Deadpool. All I gotta say.

#5 Posted by mavfan626 (4125 posts) - - Show Bio
@Postacrat said:
@mavfan626 said:
Classic Deadpool rarely showed any super human strength as it was but he has always been seen to at least , atm writes seem to just focus on Deadpool's ability to heal. He has been shown to have the MA skills to keep up the likes of Iron Fist, Wolverine and Shatterstar but yes has only been stated to army training. In the Marvel hand book tho he been ranked a level 6 in MA which mean he's a master of several MA, so yeah it can get confusing were Deadpool stands in his MA ability.   Current Deadpool, writen by Daniel Way however is pretty much a joke and know one really takes him seriously. 
I see...It is true I seldom saw him perform superhuman strength feats, but I know his agility and martial arts skills were superior.  In fact I am almost sure his agility if nothing else was superhuman.
I'd say his reflexes could be argued to be super human but agility wise he's never consistently been shown to have anything above peak human.
#6 Posted by Man of Lengend (1001 posts) - - Show Bio

In Cable Deadpool it shows his enhanced  abilities the best ...... ,and yes I believe all of his abilities have been greatly enhanced due to weapon x and his healing factor. He goes toe to toe with some of the best  in marvel there would be no way he could do that with out some sort of enhanced abilities. 

#7 Posted by turok_son_of_stone (73 posts) - - Show Bio

90's Deadpool had higher strength then deadpool seems to now. this was probably due to him being recently out of the weapon x program and probably being on anabolic steroids to endure the treatments involved with the program. deadpool might have lost muscle mass as time went on as he is rarely seen working out or doing things that would indicate him growing stronger. but the current deadpool series just seems to be like a joke and has deadpool not as fearsom as he used to be. still he is quite strong as he is seen throwing wolverine at times during ther fights. (this requires great strength as wolverine having an adamantium skeliton is quite heavy)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.