Follow

Deadpool

Character » Deadpool appears in 3332 issues.

Wade Wilson is a former test subject of the Weapon X program, where he received his regenerative healing factor through the scientific experiments conducted upon him. A prominent enemy, ally and later, member of X-Force. He's famous for breaking the Fourth Wall.

Deadpool's ending

Avatar image for abnormally_warm_guy
    Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 1

Fox failed to make an ending that could make a good Deadpool follow up.

Seriously. That solved none of the problems that they created by giving him all these ridiculous powers.

But I think the biggest problem with Deadpool in the movie is that they got the main aspect of his origin wrong.

I'm not talking about him "actually being Wade" which for all we know isn't even true.

I'm not talking about him being a mutant which for all we know isn't true either. He could just have had some sort of tech to let do all that stuff.

I'm not even talking about the powers I've already mentioned.

I'm talking about the fact that in the comics Deadpool was a failed attempt to recreate wolverine. He is a failed experiment. The "deadpool" in the movie was a success. The powers worked right and he was the perfect weapon. If Wolverine and Sabretooth hadn't teamed up and gotten lucky Deadpool would have won.

I think this is the biggest problem with the deadpool in the movie. What do you guys think?

G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By G'bandit

That wasn't Wade

Avatar image for ultimatedeadpool
    DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By DEADPOOL

Well in the movie, Deadpool has a healing factor, teleportation, optic blasts, and Baraka blades. I'd get rid of the optic blasts though, make them so that it juat fizzled out. I don't mind him having teleportation as a power, I think of it as going the Spider-Man route (where in the movie, he had actual webbing instead of web-shooters). As for the Baraka blades, they obviously have to go, if only because they make him too much like Wolverine (otherwise I don't mind them). But due to their length and because they're most likely made of adamantium, he should take them out and fashion them into swords!

In all honesty, I liked Deadpool in the movie, he kicked major ass... he just would had been supremely better if he could talk (but I think they made him quiet so he wouldn't steal Wolverine's spot-light).

Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Power NeXus

What's this I keep hearing about the ending where Deadpool turns out to be alive? The only 'second ending' I saw was Wolverine in the Japanese bar.

Deadstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Deadstroke

The ending is on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgndmyItrg0

Delta Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Delta Red

Well, it was a WOLVERINE movie, not Deadpool's , you can say the same to practically all the characters.
    Better answer: It's Fox

SuperScott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SuperScott

Hmm, for a while there I was hoping that it wasn't Wade (if you look in the credits then XI -- which I believe he was called then? has a different actor), so that is a possibility. But ... it has to be, or it doesn't make sense. The swords, the comment by Wolverine (about finally shutting him up), the hints by the others of the team (Blob and Wraith), etc. etc.

The whole mouth shut thing, I thought, was to symbolize their control over him. So at the end ...  well, don't really want to spoil it, but it kinda symbolized him 'breaking free of their hold and becoming his own man' which would of course hopefully lead to him actually being Deadpool.

Still, pretty blippin' lame. Honestly, I was more excited to see Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool than anything else. Perfect casting, Ryan Reynolds rocks and Deadpool is an amusing character ... I would have liked to see more Ryan as the pre-messed up 'pool and then him as the mercenary self. His adamantium swords were lame (how the heck could something that long hide in his hand? And how is that better than his original swords skill? And Cyclops' optic beams? MEEHHH!!!). So yeah, I was pretty let down.

But hey, Delta Red hit it right on ... Wolverine movie.

Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Power NeXus
    SuperScott said:
     And Cyclops' optic beams? MEEHHH!!!).

I concur. Giving Deadpool optic blasts was just ridiculous and unnecessary.
    Gothic Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#9  Edited By Gothic Storm

Giving him optic blasts was due to the experiment, guys. The only reason he didn't use any of the other powers was because the nurse/doctor told Striker that the bonding process was not finished yet. If the entire process had finished then we would have seen him use ALL those kid's powers. Could you imagine what would have happened had he been able to use the diamond skin? Holy CYBER, Batman! Oh, and the optic blasts made for a great destruction scene! Where else will you ever see a nuclear silo fall to the ground in shambles?

Also, the long katana-like blades were NOT housed in his hands... Seriously? Are Wolverine's housed in his hands? No. Okay then. The blades were housed in his forearms... of course, he must have had some long-arse forearms! 

SuperScott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SuperScott

I understood why he had them in the movie, that was not it. What I was talking about was how it was lame that they gave the character of Deadpool those powers. In other words, not HOW he ended up getting it or even WHY the in-movie scientists did it, but instead WHY OH WHY did the writers do that to a great character... I mean, I understand why they change comic storylines to speed things up for movies, but not when they butcher characters. They had plenty of canon to work with and still make it great :o.

And yeah, obviously using 'arm' instead of 'hand' would have been a better term, but I wasn't editing my post. And technically they'd need to be housed in his whole arm, given they were that long, which would probably make bending them a problem.

abtin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By abtin

optic blast is super lame
    baraka blades super lame
    mouth shut super lame.
    teleportation is super lame too.
    BUT
    the Teleportation has been apart of deadpool for a while just not as a mutant power. He's had it at least since cable & deadpool and i'm pretty sure in the deadpool volume before C&D.
    so if they get rid of the optic blasts, blades, and reopen his mouth, we might get Wade how Wade should be.

???!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ???!!!

personaly i think deadpool in the movie was good im not a out & out follower of comics but i read up that deadpool took his name cos of a group he was in & eventualy escaped or somethin, also that he had powers or something 'pooled' wiv him hence the name, but honestly i think he was gd (not enough screen time!! both as wade& deadpool/weapon XI main complaint) but the fight at the end was great, the ending obviously shows us dat he's comin bk as he should b (mouth open) but a lil modified. things change we jus gotta get on with it, if we had everything the same as in comics then we wouldn't have any films or even worse films dat are jus way 2bad 2view!! cause there has been some lame ass vilans and or support heroes which would not make a gd movie.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#13  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    ???!!! said:
    "personaly i think deadpool in the movie was good im not a out & out follower of comics but i read up that deadpool took his name cos of a group he was in & eventualy escaped or somethin, also that he had powers or something 'pooled' wiv him hence the name, but honestly i think he was gd (not enough screen time!! both as wade& deadpool/weapon XI main complaint) but the fight at the end was great, the ending obviously shows us dat he's comin bk as he should b (mouth open) but a lil modified. things change we jus gotta get on with it, if we had everything the same as in comics then we wouldn't have any films or even worse films dat are jus way 2bad 2view!! cause there has been some lame ass vilans and or support heroes which would not make a gd movie."
    I'd like to first of all, Welcome you to the vine.
    Second of all, for having an open mind when it comes to Deadpool in the film.
    I too enjoyed what they did with the character, and thought it played well into the film.

It's very nice to see a fan of Deadpool who isn't constantly whining because something was changed.... Seriously, thank you.
    ???!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ???!!!

you saw the DEAD ASS ending i saw!! yes there is a deadpool ending which proves he's alive still and he breaks the 4th wall which he dus in da comics init?? you av to either go to different places to c it or wait 4 the dvd. different cinemas show different endings dunno what thats about!

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#15  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    ???!!! said:
    "you saw the DEAD ASS ending i saw!! yes there is a deadpool ending which proves he's alive still and he breaks the 4th wall which he dus in da comics init?? you av to either go to different places to c it or wait 4 the dvd. different cinemas show different endings dunno what thats about!"
    I saw none of the endings, I walked out of the theater when the credits started rolling. My butt was numb.
    Sheep-Kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 24

#16  Edited By Sheep-Kill

What would have been a god Deadpool ending.

Striker is walking and is about to get arrested by the army soldiers.  All of a sudden a character comes out of no where and decapitates all of the soldiers and shots them.  He turns at Striker and it is Wade in Classic Deadpool mask.  
    Deadpool:  So. I see my replacement blew it.....up.(Looks around)  What no drum role?  Thank god this isn't Night at the Appollo. 
    Striker:  Wade, you've gone mad.
    Deadpool:  MAd magazine?  Im more of a Cracked man. (Stabs Striker in the shoulder)
    Striker:  I tried to help you Wade.  I wanted to get Logan's DNA to cure your cancer.  I did everything a can to save you even if it ment cloning you.
    Deadpool:  Aww touching moment. You love me!  You really love me!  I wanna thank the academy for getting rid of my cancer by the way.  And thanks for the side effects! "Deadpool takes off the mask."
    No Caption Provided

Striker is shocked and screen turns to black.

Deadpool:  I smell a spin off!
    ???!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ???!!!
    inferiorego said:
    "???!!! said:
    "you saw the DEAD ASS ending i saw!! yes there is a deadpool ending which proves he's alive still and he breaks the 4th wall which he dus in da comics init?? you av to either go to different places to c it or wait 4 the dvd. different cinemas show different endings dunno what thats about!"
    I saw none of the endings, I walked out of the theater when the credits started rolling. My butt was numb."
    LOL must of been a very hard seat!!
    ???!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ???!!!
    inferiorego said:
    "???!!! said:
    "personaly i think deadpool in the movie was good im not a out & out follower of comics but i read up that deadpool took his name cos of a group he was in & eventualy escaped or somethin, also that he had powers or something 'pooled' wiv him hence the name, but honestly i think he was gd (not enough screen time!! both as wade& deadpool/weapon XI main complaint) but the fight at the end was great, the ending obviously shows us dat he's comin bk as he should b (mouth open) but a lil modified. things change we jus gotta get on with it, if we had everything the same as in comics then we wouldn't have any films or even worse films dat are jus way 2bad 2view!! cause there has been some lame ass vilans and or support heroes which would not make a gd movie."
    I'd like to first of all, Welcome you to the vine.Second of all, for having an open mind when it comes to Deadpool in the film.I too enjoyed what they did with the character, and thought it played well into the film.It's very nice to see a fan of Deadpool who isn't constantly whining because something was changed.... Seriously, thank you."

thanks for the welcome

just had to sign up and get my point across to somebody, every where i go on the net people are complaining about deadpool in the movie, there is only a select few who did like him..
    BioshadowTh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By BioshadowTh

deadpool is wade all i hatf to say

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.