Deadpool Respect Thread

#51 Posted by Rotten gun (2577 posts) - - Show Bio

#52 Posted by Thee Arch Angel Micheal (446 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice pic, havent seen that one before. Were'd ya get it?

#53 Posted by Buckshot (19357 posts) - - Show Bio

deviantART

#54 Posted by Thee Arch Angel Micheal (446 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"deviantART"

Good looking out.

#55 Posted by DEADPOOL (2908 posts) - - Show Bio

#56 Posted by DEADPOOL (2908 posts) - - Show Bio

#57 Posted by DEADPOOL (2908 posts) - - Show Bio

#58 Posted by DEADPOOL (2908 posts) - - Show Bio
#59 Posted by Csir (94 posts) - - Show Bio

Whats this all about?
Post Edited:2007-05-02 19:32:47

#60 Posted by Boken (7783 posts) - - Show Bio

deadpool is deadcool and not a deadfool

#61 Posted by DEADPOOL (2908 posts) - - Show Bio

Csir says:

"http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/8000/7606/37465-deadpool_400.jpgWhats this all about?
Post Edited:2007-05-02 19:32:47"

That's from "X-Men Millennial Visions 2001." It's a series of "What If?" type stories. In that one, titled "Deadpool: I'm Available." Deadpool is hired by Shaw to kill the X-Men. Deadpool succeeds and Shaw is so pleased that he hires Deadpool to kill every mutant. At the end of the book, Wolverine, Northstar, Sunfire, and Banshee are hiding from Deadpool in Japan.

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix3/deadpoolvisions.htm

Post Edited:2007-05-02 19:56:25

#62 Posted by DEADPOOL (2908 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey, umm... do you guys think I'm over-doing it with Deadpool's page, or should I just shorten the summaries to need-to-know stuff?

I still have more work to do, but I am worried that I'm going overboard... obsessions are bad, mmm,kay?

#63 Posted by Darkchild (42027 posts) - - Show Bio

gotta love the merc with a mouth

#64 Posted by DEADPOOL (2908 posts) - - Show Bio

Indeed!

#65 Posted by Prodigal Son (3489 posts) - - Show Bio

DEADPOOL says:

"Hey, umm... do you guys think I'm over-doing it with Deadpool's page, or should I just shorten the summaries to need-to-know stuff?I still have more work to do, but I am worried that I'm going overboard... obsessions are bad, mmm,kay?"

Go take a look at my Drizzt page and then tell me about obsessions. Talk about overboard......

#66 Posted by DEADPOOL (2908 posts) - - Show Bio

::claps:: Well, now I don't think I'll get in trouble if I keep going. The only problem is I don't think I'll be able to continue it until sometime Monday.

#67 Posted by Nny (253 posts) - - Show Bio

I LOVE how Deadpool plays with the 4th wall . . .

#68 Posted by DEADPOOL (2908 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool vs. Sabretooth

Wow, and Sabretooth is someone Wolverine has a hard time with!

#69 Posted by reaver (6 posts) - - Show Bio

much love to the merc with a mouth deadpool rules azz. i never knew his back story though, now he's even cooler

#70 Posted by Leah (37 posts) - - Show Bio

Respect.

#71 Posted by DEADPOOL (2908 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe one day in the near future, Deadpool will be as infamous as Spider-Man and Batman. He's more popular now than he's ever been, partially thanks to Marvel: Ultimate Alliance and the crossovers in Cable & Deadpool, but what's going to cement him in history is his own movie.

#72 Posted by Rotten gun (2577 posts) - - Show Bio

i'd like to see a movie... but i think alot of fans would be disapointed as he's a very complex character and they would need to leave so much out.

#73 Posted by DEADPOOL (2908 posts) - - Show Bio

In a recent interview with Ryan Reynolds, he acknowledged how complex of a character Deadpool is and how it would be a personal goal of his to play Deadpool. He sounds pretty dedicated to the character and I'm sure he has alot of influence since he's such a big actor.

If I did the Deadpool movie, I would take alot of elements from issues #17, #18, #19, of Deadpool's solo series, and take stuff from the Deadpool & Death annual. I would also take elements from issue #3. I'd change things around so they'd make sense, of course. Lets see... The movie would start with Dead with Blind and and Weasel at his apartment waiting for the cable guy (I'd use this to make Cable jokes for fans). He'd talk about a mission he did a while back where he lost his hand, and later a box will appear with his glove in it with a note. Deadpool and Siryn will go searching for sender while Weasel plays helper back at the apartment, and Blind Al of course. After some searching they find Dr. Killbrews place and he's glad that Deadpool is there and wants to help him, but they find out that he didn't send the glove and it's a trap. Alot of fighting and running later, they have the big final fight with Ajax who plans on killing them both.

Since I know there will be mostly non Deadpool fans (hell, probably non comic fans) watching, I'd toy with them a little. Up until near the end of the movie, the audience will never see an inch of Deadpool's skin and his healing factor will be ambiguous; stuff will happen but the audience won't know if he healed or got lucky. During the movie there will be periodic flashbacks to Deadpool's time in the hospice. Deadpool will only be called Deadpool until the end of the movie, but in the flashbacks he'll be called Wade. The audience will probably figure it out, but I don't want them to know that Wade and Deadpool are the same person. In the hospice it'll show Deadpool being experimented on and tortured by Dr. Killbrew and Ajax. In modern day, Dr. Killbrew will seem like a kindly old man trying to do good, but the flashbacks will show him as a cruel and sadistic man... which will show why Deadpool has so much hostility and resentment towards him, and if Siryn wasn't there Dr. Killbrew would be dead.

I'd take story elements from the mini series where Deadpool and Siryn first meet too. He'll be head over heels for her, and make it obvious, but she just kinda tolerates him... like a little brother (and she knows he's been watching her sleep, lol). She won't know his name and she's very intrigued to know what he's hiding under his mask, but in the increasing tension in the movie, Deadpool will snap and finally reveal his face to her and yell, letting the audience know that he's Wade. And at the end of the movie, before they go their separate ways, he'll tell her his name, which then she'll smile.

Oops, not to get ahead of myself. Anyway, Deadpool's dark humor and talkative attitude will be heavily contrasted by "Wade"'s cynical and quiet nature in the flashbacks. Wade will also be visited by a nurse in the hospice, dark and kinda gothic. They'll have a secret love affair, but it'll be left unclear if she really existed or was just a part of Wade's shattered psyche... but I'll drop hints in their conversations that she's Death. And while Deadpool's healing factor would be ambiguous during most of the movie, it'll become known later in the movie, and it'll kick into high gear during the final fight with the souped-up Ajax, possessing strength, speed, and endurance that Deadpool can't physically compete with, forcing Deadpool to use his wits and cunning like he did in the hospice.

During the movie, Deadpool will talk to Blind Al and she'll say "That "cable" guy is here, just so you know." Then after the credits are done rolling, Deadpool will come home and turn on the tv. Blind Al will say "Cable & Deadpool... I wonder how this'll work out."

Post Edited:2007-10-11 13:31:06

#74 Posted by Copy (8364 posts) - - Show Bio

anyone got that pic where wolverine tears deadpool in half cause thats a cool pic. And deadpool is cool

#75 Posted by Copy (8364 posts) - - Show Bio

Copy says:

"anyone got that pic where wolverine tears deadpool in half cause thats a cool pic. And deadpool is cool"

?

#76 Posted by Apparition (11274 posts) - - Show Bio

DEADPOOL says:

"Maybe one day in the near future, Deadpool will be as infamous as Spider-Man and Batman. He's more popular now than he's ever been, partially thanks to Marvel: Ultimate Alliance and the crossovers in Cable & Deadpool, but what's going to cement him in history is his own movie."

i really hope he never becomes that popular

#77 Posted by DEADPOOL (2908 posts) - - Show Bio

Copy says:

"Copy says:
"anyone got that pic where wolverine tears deadpool in half cause thats a cool pic. And deadpool is cool"

?"

I don't recall Wolverine ever doing such a thing.

#78 Posted by Copy (8364 posts) - - Show Bio

DEADPOOL says:

"Copy says:
"Copy says:
?"
I don't recall Wolverine ever doing such a thing."

Oh I thought wolverine did that once. Cause I think I remember seeing a pic where he splits deadpool in half. sorry then.

#79 Posted by Apparition (11274 posts) - - Show Bio

Mighty Magneto says:

"The Man gets the ladies and you got to respect that. "

the one of him chasing dazzler is cute.

#80 Posted by Vrakmul (23828 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"Mighty Magneto says:
"The Man gets the ladies and you got to respect that. "

the one of him chasing dazzler is cute."

That is one hell of a bump that you just commited Appy.

#81 Posted by Apparition (11274 posts) - - Show Bio

lol i didnt mean too!

#82 Posted by The Speedster (432 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"lol i didnt mean too!"

You just brought back a character you HATE respect thread. lol I'm so happy.

#83 Posted by Cap. Briny (159 posts) - - Show Bio

#84 Posted by Apparition (11274 posts) - - Show Bio

The Speedster says:

"Apparition says:
"lol i didnt mean too!"
You just brought back a character you HATE respect thread. lol I'm so happy."

well as long as one of us is happy

#85 Posted by Cap. Briny (159 posts) - - Show Bio

I got a laugh at this one!

Deadpool deserves MORE respect definatley; in response to the title of the thread. I don't think it would be cool if he was a mainstream guy like Spider-Man at all, but people definatley need to realize he is a more powerful and capable guy then some think.

#86 Posted by Methias (478 posts) - - Show Bio

I know this thread is kind of old, but I just wanted to point out that right now, Deadpool is listed as being in the top 5 on 12 different powers. GO POOL.

#87 Posted by Wolfenstein (816 posts) - - Show Bio

#88 Posted by Kraven (561 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm Canadian, so I've got to respect Deadpool as one of the coolest Canadian super heroes.

I wish they had made Deadpool a member of Omega Flight. That would have boosted the team's popularity and it would have made a whole lot more sense than USAgent.

#89 Posted by Copy (8364 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap. Briny says:

""

Do you have the scan of them fighting in that fight?

#90 Posted by Wolfenstein (816 posts) - - Show Bio

Copy says:

"Cap. Briny says:
""
Do you have the scan of them fighting in that fight?"
LOL! I LOVE THAT!
#91 Posted by Kraven (561 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolfenstein says:

"Copy says:
"Cap. Briny says:
""
LOL! I LOVE THAT!"

"SHORYUKEN!" LOL! That's Awesome!

I can't wait to see them throw down on Wednesday in Wolverine Origins.

#92 Posted by Cap. Briny (159 posts) - - Show Bio

Copy says:

"Cap. Briny says:
""

Nah, I found that on photobucket, I'm not even sure what its from.

#93 Posted by Cap. Briny (159 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't wait for their fight in W:O either. I'm excited to see a more up to date fight between the two of them. And plus it will clarify who has gotten better/stronger etc.
Post Edited:2008-01-11 17:49:51

#94 Posted by Copy (8364 posts) - - Show Bio

I never read a deadpool vs wolverine comic so I'm looking forward for the next one.

#95 Posted by Methias (478 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap. Briny says:

"I can't wait for their fight in W:O either. I'm excited to see a more up to date fight between the two of them. And plus it will clarify who has gotten better/stronger etc.
Post Edited:2008-01-11 17:49:51"

My guess would be Wolvie will win since he is definitely bigger right now. He has 2 ongoings of his own, plus he is in the new X-Force, plus a movie coming up... I doubt they will let him look bad now.

#96 Posted by Methias (478 posts) - - Show Bio

It's been too long since DP got any respect, so...

#97 Posted by T.J. Magnum (25922 posts) - - Show Bio

deadpool is the man

#98 Posted by Methias (478 posts) - - Show Bio
#99 Posted by Eraser (256 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Deadpool, he is always entertaining. He is hilarious, badass, and is pretty much a sleeper in the Marvel Universe. I am glad that he isn't an A-lister because then they would change him for the masses, and I would hate that.

WAR DEADPOOL!!!!

#100 Posted by Methias (478 posts) - - Show Bio

Eraser says:

"I love Deadpool, he is always entertaining. He is hilarious, badass, and is pretty much a sleeper in the Marvel Universe. I am glad that he isn't an A-lister because then they would change him for the masses, and I would hate that. WAR DEADPOOL!!!!"
That's a good point, if he gets really big they might try to mainstream him, thus ruining what makes him so cool.
Post Edited:2008-01-31 19:23:40

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.