Follow

Deadpool

Character » Deadpool appears in 3332 issues.

Wade Wilson is a former test subject of the Weapon X program, where he received his regenerative healing factor through the scientific experiments conducted upon him. A prominent enemy, ally and later, member of X-Force. He's famous for breaking the Fourth Wall.

Deadpool Reading order.

DeadpoolFan101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By DeadpoolFan101

Can someone please post a deadpool reading order, i know that all the comics he is in are on this website but it dosent say which order to read them .If you could help that would be great.

thanks.

dalek_emperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By dalek_emperor

I found this on tumblr. Credits: http://regeneratingdegenerate.tumblr.com/

"Deadpool Reading Order

• Deadpool Classic Volumes 1-6 (#7 is out in September)
      -This is all of the original Deadpool stuff, right from his first appearance to his first two miniseries (v1) and up to issue #45 of volume 2. Be warned, there are 69 issues in Deadpool v2 and they aren’t all collected in TPB (trade paperback) yet. DP Classic volumes 1-5 are the very best Deadpool stories in my opinion.
    • Agent X
      -Unfortunately not collected in TPB yet, however, it isn’t required although you may be left confused in Cable & Deadpool if you haven’t read this.
    • Cable & Deadpool volumes 1-8 (or the Ultimate Collections)
      - Picks up after Deadpool v2 ends, widely considered some of the best Deadpool material and I won’t argue with that.
    • Deadpool v3 (2008-current)
      -Picks up after Cable & Deadpool. These are collected in TPBs starting with Secret Invasion, Dark Reign, X Marks The Spot, Monkey Business, What Happens In Vegas, I Rule You Suck, Space Oddity and I’m not entirely sure of the rest. They’re written by Daniel Way and fairly recent. I don’t personally like this run but you might so I’ll include it for completion’s sake.
    • Uncanny X-Force
      -This is collected in several trades (The Apocalypse Solution, Deathlok Nation, Dark Angel Saga Books I & II, Otherworld) and picks up somewhere in the middle of Deadpool v3 but it is far superior, eventually (issue #25) it starts to run after Deadpool #54 and then they coincide somewhat.

STORIES/TRADES AFTER THIS POINT ARE CONSIDERED STANDALONE
    • Merc With A Mouth / Prelude to Deadpool Corps / Deadpool Corps
      - Runs alongside v3, however v3 isn’t required reading to understand what’s going on. It shares a lot of the same qualities however the writing is better (my opinion). More or less a standalone, however they all follow on like a trilogy.
    • Deadpool Team-Up
      - Again this just runs alongside v3 and you don’t need to have read any of the main run to understand it. Three TPB volumes.
    • Deadpool: Suicide Kings / Game$ of Death
      - Collected in trade paperback and again a standalone story.
    • Deadpool: Dead Head Redemption
      - Collects Deadpool #900 & #1000
    • Deadpool: Wade Wilson’s War
      - Standalone story again, collected in TPB.
    • Deadpool: Pulp
      - AU (Alternate Universe) 4 issue Deadpool mini which is fantastic and collected in TPB.
    • Deadpool: MAX
      - AU and more ‘mature’ Deadpool series, collected in three TPBs (Deadpool: Max - Nutjob, Deadpool: Max - Involuntary Armageddon & Deadpool: Max - Second Cut)

I think this is everything more or less. I hope this helps!"

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.