Follow

Deadpool

Character » Deadpool appears in 3332 issues.

Wade Wilson is a former test subject of the Weapon X program, where he received his regenerative healing factor through the scientific experiments conducted upon him. A prominent enemy, ally and later, member of X-Force. He's famous for breaking the Fourth Wall.

Deadpool reading order

Avatar image for mainstreampluto
    MainstreamPluto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MainstreamPluto

Hi!

I know there are a lot of topics about in what order you should read the Deadpool Comics, but nothing is really what I'm looking for. Here it goes:

I want to read the Deadpool Comics. I already got one, namely Dead Presidents (NOW! vol. 1). I actually want to read a comic that starts from the beginning, so that's when Wade had cancer and went trough all that stuff. I know nothing about all those comics, so sorry if it's a stupid question.

After that, I just want to read some fun comics that are quite understandable. Do I have to read everything from beginning to end (like in this order that someone made: http://www.comicbookherald.com/deadpool-reading-order/) or is there a serie of comics that have a story on its own?

Does any one know which order and which comics would suit me?

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 2

Hi!

I know there are a lot of topics about in what order you should read the Deadpool Comics, but nothing is really what I'm looking for. Here it goes:

I want to read the Deadpool Comics. I already got one, namely Dead Presidents (NOW! vol. 1). I actually want to read a comic that starts from the beginning, so that's when Wade had cancer and went trough all that stuff. I know nothing about all those comics, so sorry if it's a stupid question.

After that, I just want to read some fun comics that are quite understandable. Do I have to read everything from beginning to end (like in this order that someone made: http://www.comicbookherald.com/deadpool-reading-order/) or is there a serie of comics that have a story on its own?

Does any one know which order and which comics would suit me?

Pick up Deadpool Classic volumes 1 to 5....or the Joe Kelly Omnibus. That's your perfect starting point. From there on, you can pretty much go anywhere and pick up whatever you think will tickle your fancy the most. Joe Kellys run has all of the stuff you need and is a MUST-READ for anyone looking to get into Deadpool. It's the run that explores Deadpool before he became Deadpool, it explores his time in the warehouse, It explores his cancer, it explores his evolution from villain to anti-hero. It's all there. Joe Kelly pretty much wrote the definitive Deadpool run, which is why the writers of the upcoming movie used it as the biggest influence in writing the script.

Avatar image for mainstreampluto
    MainstreamPluto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@thefilmkiller: Thank you for your answer. I will start with Joe Kelly then :)

VNM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 33

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.