Deadpool Pulp New Mini Series

#1 Posted by Terran (580 posts) - - Show Bio

Techland has posted an interview with Mike Benson, where he talks about about his upcoming Deadpool Pulp Marvel Knights miniseries. The series is being co-written by Mike Benson and Adam Glass, with art by Laurence Campbell. It appears this series is the Deadpool Noir series Benson talked about previously. Along with the interview are five pages of preview art from the series.  

Benson
"We're retelling Wade Wilson's story, but in this case setting it in the '50s and re-imagining the character, not giving him superpowers. In our tale, Wade is an ex-prisoner of war, now a CIA spook, going after a double agent and ex-lover by the code name Outlaw, who is going after a nuclear briefcase with very bad intentions. We play with themes of the times, like communism and the fear of nuclear war, and even use historic figures like Meyer Lansky and Fidel Castro as characters in the book. The '50s was such a changing point for America, some would say it was the end of our innocence. This story shows we were never really that innocent.  Beneath the surface, we were not that much different than we are today, just better at hiding it."

Read more: http://techland.com/2010/06/01/exclusive-preview-deadpool-pulp/#ixzz0pvgZub93    
#2 Posted by reaper2923 (2778 posts) - - Show Bio

sigh great

#3 Posted by Terran (580 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump!
#4 Posted by the ace of knaves (402 posts) - - Show Bio

yea looking forward to this. nice that his new voices will actually be explained in this book.

#5 Posted by Man of Lengend (1001 posts) - - Show Bio

think it looks cool actually 
#6 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like Deadpool Noir

#7 Posted by Terran (580 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it will be good, it will show a darker side of deadpool that we dont see.
#8 Posted by the ace of knaves (402 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty:  it is, they just renamed it pulp for some reason.
#9 Posted by WhoDunnit101 (72 posts) - - Show Bio

Pulp Fiction?

Pulp magazines preceeded comics.

#10 Posted by Terran (580 posts) - - Show Bio
@the ace of knaves:
@xerox-kitty:  

What do you's mean by Noir?  what does noir mean?
#11 Posted by WhoDunnit101 (72 posts) - - Show Bio
@Terran :  This image pretty much sums it up: 
http://www.gaudeamus.fm/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/film_noir.jpg
#12 Posted by Terran (580 posts) - - Show Bio
@WhoDunnit101:

oh.. ok
#13 Posted by Icon (2077 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the Noir books. I'll check out DP's for sure. 

#14 Edited by DEADPOOL (2710 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, Deadpool actually looks like a ninja. The mask looks a little awkward now,perhaps I'll get used to it though; would had liked a mask that went with the costume better.
#15 Posted by PooL (1 posts) - - Show Bio

This is so sexy. The Jae Lee cover art has me sold on the mask. 

#16 Edited by Man of Lengend (1001 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by bobagentofhydra (94 posts) - - Show Bio
@DEADPOOL:
Kinda of reminds me of Iron Fist as well.  Should be interesting....
#18 Posted by Mutant X (1543 posts) - - Show Bio

Great. Another Deadpool series I can't afford.

#19 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33432 posts) - - Show Bio

Why was this not called Deadpool Noir?

#20 Posted by Kairan1979 (16746 posts) - - Show Bio

It could make more sense to include it to Marvel Noir universe.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.