Follow

Deadpool

Character » Deadpool appears in 3332 issues.

Wade Wilson is a former test subject of the Weapon X program, where he received his regenerative healing factor through the scientific experiments conducted upon him. A prominent enemy, ally and later, member of X-Force. He's famous for breaking the Fourth Wall.

Deadpool - PIS or not?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
    deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

I want to try and come to a conclusion about Deadpool. Whenever I hear about a decent showing for Deadpool people chalk it down to PIS or a low showing for the other character. I feel like Wade some of the time isn't getting the recognition he deserves, and that nobody actually expects him to do well.

So, here's the plan: let's make a list of every PIS/opponent low showing type fight Deadpool has won, and then after a while we can determine if those showings are PIS or if they are actually so consistent that they can't be considered PIS.

I'll start.

1. Deadpool vs Cyclops, Domino, Surge and Colossus (Embarrassed them) by Daniel Way
    2. Deadpool vs Bullseye by Daniel Way
    3. Deadpool vs Goliath and Hercules (Embarrassed them)

[Add more]

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
    AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Deadpool vs taskmaster?

wolverine?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deadpool vs taskmaster?

wolverine?

Deadpool beat Tasky because his fighting style was too crazy. So it was somewhat explained.

What instance of Deadpool beating Wolverine?

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
    AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I feel like Wade some of the time isn't getting the recognition he deserves, and that nobody actually expects him to do well.

Well with Deadpool as your icon I think you would.

But I hate to say it,some times it is PIS, like when Bullseye(Hawkeye get up) fought Deapool for the second time in Dark Regin. Bullseye had a full set of arrows and missed? I mean Bullseye full on misses him(arrows are every where but where Deadpool is) Wade was even in mid air, so it's not like he was dodging them or anything. It's just crazy IMO.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwalser3 said:

I feel like Wade some of the time isn't getting the recognition he deserves, and that nobody actually expects him to do well.

But I hate to say it,some times it is PIS, like when Bullseye(Hawkeye get up) fought Deapool for the second time in Dark Regin. Bullseye had a full set of arrows and missed? I mean Bullseye full on misses him(arrows are every where but where Deadpool is) Wade was even in mid air, so it's not like he was dodging them or anything. It's just crazy IMO.

If you're implying I'm biased, you're wrong. I've full on debated against Deadpool in my own threads before. There's a difference between fanboyism and being a big fan.

It's PIS that Bullseye missed, although Deadpool is capable of dodging his projectiles. However, he wasn't even dodging in that fight, Bullseye just missed. However, a lot of what Way wrote was PIS anyway and doesn't properly represent Deadpool or his opponents.

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
    Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

They don't take it seriously because the majority of the time Wade just gets the cr@p beat out of him...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@battle_forum_junkie: Not true. Receiving a lot of punishment is fundamental to his character and story but, the same applies to Wolverine. He's still allowed his high-end showings, why not Wade?

Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: I didn't say he never won any fights, mind you, I just said he usually gets the cr@p beat out of him. Like you said, it's fundamental for the character and story.

So, when he goes up against people like Taskmaster, who has gone toe-to-toe with Captain America one of the best H2H fighters in the Marvel U, and Deadpool takes him down with minimal difficulty it's inconsistent with his usual showings.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@battle_forum_junkie: Having said that, he did the same to Batroc the Leaper recently, who like Taskmaster has gone toe-to-toe with Captain America. He's also fought on even terms with Wolverine before. But there's always a reason why these fights "don't count".

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deadpool is POS piece of sht

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm..Interesting thread.

Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: Sorry for the bad spelling. I'm using the phone.

Anyway, yeah, I read that issue too.

You see, Wade may have some pretty high-end feats, but more consistantly he has been shown to not be so good as to be able to beat people like Batroc and Taskmaster as easily as he did, so people don't treat those as ligitimate feats. Plus the whole xharacter was meant to be a parodie. A joke. Granted he's evolved into more then that in recent years, but because of how he started people don't tend to take him seriously.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deadpool is POS piece of sht

How constructive

@battle_forum_junkie: Well what types of characters has he lost to so consistently? Name 3-5 of them. I guarantee a majority of his embarrassing losses were very early on in his comics career. Recently Wade's been taken much more seriously by the writers, being included in X-Force for a time which was a pretty gritty book. I can think of several occasions where Deadpool has done great in hand-to-hand within around the same time period, yet all of those feats just get overshadowed because people think Deadpool is purely comic relief. He's not. His comedy drives his books but it doesn't mean he's not a skilled and intelligent fighter just like the rest of them.

Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: But, you just gave yourself the answer right there. All of

those feats get overshadowed because they think Deadpool is purely comic relief. Writers just recently started to take him seriously. It may take more time before other people do.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@battle_forum_junkie: And that's what this thread is for. We take all of the good showings Wade has had, come to a conclusion about them, and decide if he really does suffer from PIS alot or if he's actually good. If he consistently wins against people like Batroc and Taskmaster then maybe he is that good?

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
    deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

No Caption Provided

Well, owning Goliath and Hercules AT THE SAME TIME must be PIS considering he is a street level character.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwalser3 said:

If you're implying I'm biased, you're wrong. I've full on debated against Deadpool in my own threads before. There's a difference between fanboyism and being a big fan.

It's PIS that Bullseye missed, although Deadpool is capable of dodging his projectiles. However, he wasn't even dodging in that fight, Bullseye just missed. However, a lot of what Way wrote was PIS anyway and doesn't properly represent Deadpool or his opponents.

For got to use my sarcastic font. Lol, chill out.

I know DeadPool could possible dodge Bullseye's projectiles I'm just saying Bullseye could have easily won again, but he some how missed all around him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwalser3 said:

@i_like_swords said:

@jwalser3 said:

For got to use my sarcastic font. Lol, chill out.

I know DeadPool could possible dodge Bullseye's projectiles I'm just saying Bullseye could have easily won again, but he some how missed all around him.

I'm completely chilled out, you just didn't set your tone properly.

Deadpools dodged and blocked his projectiles before. And like I said, just because one writer wrote Deadpool full of PIS doesn't mean that applies to the whole character.

Bozdogan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Bozdogan

Deadpool vs Taskmaster:Unpredictable even tasky said it ok people?!

Deadpool vs Bullseye:Well first i wanna say they kind of have a frenemies or an awkward friendship,just pointing that out there(read joe kelly 16) and well bullseye shouldnt have missed but he was winning at first,it was his...self esteem (leaving taht fat butcher guy to do the job instead of himself)what made him lose i believe and than dp taking the upper hand with DA MEAT ARMOH (i loled at that part)

Deadpool vs Wolvie: oh boy...well they both are great fighters but lets say that they have equal martial skills(lets agree on this to make this easier)wolvie mostly goes berzerk and fiercly attacks thus leaving his healing f to take care of the damage AND he has an adamantium skeleton(which makes him SLOOOOOW vs deadpool) and we all know deadpool isnt a...''technical genious'' but he went to military and was a professional so with some prep(bombs traps nades DAT EXPLODING SHURIKENS...i think deadpool can best wolvie...just sayin)

Just my 2 minutes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

mxb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perethorn: @i_like_swords: @perethorn: Good topic.. Specifically because people think that fights like this are always PIS... First off in any fight, if your picky enough, you can find PIS in any fight. Secondly, too many people judge fights incorrectly. IMO most people look at these as "Wade beat them", but that's misleading. A win doesn't always come in the form of a KO or BFR and when they don't that doesn't make the PIS ... Also note these are all Way fights, he wasn't the best DP writer.

1. Deadpool vs Cyclops, Domino, Surge and Colossus (Embarrassed them) by Daniel Way - Here is why this is not PIS. If you judge this fight as winner by KO or score card, there is no way Wade could take down all four at once and thats what most people see this fight as. However that wasnt the case. Wade is a highly skilled Merc who had a lot of prep for this fight. Wade just wanted to hold them off long enough for his plan to come to fruition, which he succeed in... That's not a ridiculous feat by any-means.
    2. Deadpool vs Bullseye by Daniel Way - Bullseye missing was ridiculous. As stated above they are kind of "fr-enemies" and have met before/since... Wade has taken him down a few times, Bullseye even paid wade off just to go away. Wade beating Bullseye should not be out of the realm off possibilities whether you like how it went down or not.
    3. Deadpool vs Goliath and Hercules (Embarrassed them) - If you read that whole fight Wade knows he is in a no win situation. He even comments on his advantages being momentary. No one in their right mind should think Wade wins this fight... and he didnt. He caught his opponents off guard and held them off momentarily... I didnt think it was a low showing for Goliath an Hercules, they got caught of guard, Wade also comments that they haven't worked together much (his advantage). So they tripped over each other, is that plot induced stupidity?... in time they would have gotten there stuff together...

Personally grip of mine, battle forums are fun, but that's not the realm of these characters. Its not 1 vs 1. There will always be plot, so go easy on the PIS calls.

chem86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#23  Edited By chem86

@mxb said:

@perethorn: @i_like_swords: @perethorn: Good topic.. Specifically because people think that fights like this are always PIS... First off in any fight, if your picky enough, you can find PIS in any fight. Secondly, too many people judge fights incorrectly. IMO most people look at these as "Wade beat them", but that's misleading. A win doesn't always come in the form of a KO or BFR and when they don't that doesn't make the PIS ... Also note these are all Way fights, he wasn't the best DP writer.

1. Deadpool vs Cyclops, Domino, Surge and Colossus (Embarrassed them) by Daniel Way - Here is why this is not PIS. If you judge this fight as winner by KO or score card, there is no way Wade could take down all four at once and thats what most people see this fight as. However that wasnt the case. Wade is a highly skilled Merc who had a lot of prep for this fight. Wade just wanted to hold them off long enough for his plan to come to fruition, which he succeed in... That's not a ridiculous feat by any-means.
    2. Deadpool vs Bullseye by Daniel Way - Bullseye missing was ridiculous. As stated above they are kind of "fr-enemies" and have met before/since... Wade has taken him down a few times, Bullseye even paid wade off just to go away. Wade beating Bullseye should not be out of the realm off possibilities whether you like how it went down or not.
    3. Deadpool vs Goliath and Hercules (Embarrassed them) - If you read that whole fight Wade knows he is in a no win situation. He even comments on his advantages being momentary. No one in their right mind should think Wade wins this fight... and he didnt. He caught his opponents off guard and held them off momentarily... I didnt think it was a low showing for Goliath an Hercules, they got caught of guard, Wade also comments that they haven't worked together much (his advantage). So they tripped over each other, is that plot induced stupidity?... in time they would have gotten there stuff together...

Personally grip of mine, battle forums are fun, but that's not the realm of these characters. Its not 1 vs 1. There will always be plot, so go easy on the PIS calls.

Very well said, when talking about PIS or battles are not so black and white as people make them out to be. PIS can totally be found in any situation if you look for it enough, after all it is a comic book, it's fiction. In fiction there is always error to be found, and even then it's more or less subjective. I also feel a lot of people cry PIS because they already have low respect for Wade, and PIS helps rationalize Wade coming up on top.

So right that a win isn't always a KO either, with plot involved theirs always so much else at play. These are all plot based fights, each with different circumstances, so often taking out the opponent isn't the main goal. Hell, comic books would get pretty boring if every plot had the goal to just go fight and KO/kill someone.

Deadpool vs Cyclops, Domino, Surge and Colossus, like you said is def not a redic feat at all for Deadpool. The first appearance of Deadpool we see him hold off and put a pretty good fight against the whole new mutants(pretty much x-force), similar with this fight people only remember him losing and getting sent back to tolliver. But they don't realize it's basically wade vs. x-force, and wade head his ground for most the fight. This is not the most impressive fight Wade has had even, I'm just pointing out our first impression ever of Wade is enough to back the idea that he could hold out against an impressive group with prep.

Deadpool vs Bullseye by Daniel Way, yea we've see him take down bullseye before Way's run so I just don't get way people cry PIS on this one.

Deadpool vs Goliath and Hercules, so glad you point out on this one that people should probably read the whole fight. The plot of the fight is totally explained if people just read. Totally like ya said, even wade point out he can't a no win situation.

CF12793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't actually get Taskmaster not being able to defeat Deadpool. If Taskmaster has the ability to literally pick and choose any fighting style/martial art he wants to and can be an automatic master of it, why would he need to copy DP's style to beat him? Surely he could have just used someone's style such as Shang Chi or Iron Fist and just kicked his ass using pure skill instead of trying to copy his style. He hasn't needed to rely on copying someone else's moves to beat them in the past (unless I'm wrong here) and it's stated that he's memorized hundreds of different fighting techniques and abilities already. To me, DP beating Taskmaster is PIS. Unless Taskmaster is secretly afraid of DP or something there's no way DP should win everytime. He's lost against plenty of characters that are far less skilled and far less resourceful than Taskmaster is. Taskmaster has beaten and/or stalemated some of the best fighters in Marvel, he has hundreds of fighting styles that he can access from memory........I just don't see how DP wins.

Aside from that one, I think that a lot of the fights where Deadpool loses are PIS, and really just to further the "lulz". I don't think anyone should even address the Hot Dog incident anymore, knowing that DP has taken much stronger blows from explosions and superstrong people and whatnot and has kept going, I think him being KOed by anything short of someone with Spider-Man's strength level is PIS.

Regardless of what people believe, Deadpool is skilled and deadly. If he was taken more seriously as a character by his writers, then I'm sure he would win more fights.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.