Follow

Deadpool

Character » Deadpool appears in 3316 issues.

Wade Wilson is a former test subject of the Weapon X program, where he received his regenerative healing factor through the scientific experiments conducted upon him. A prominent enemy, ally and later, member of X-Force. He's famous for breaking the Fourth Wall.

Deadpool or Wolverine?

EnigmaDope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By EnigmaDope

So in a full on fight who do you think would have the upper hand, or dominate most of the fight? As well as who do you prefer, personality wise? If this thread has been done before then I missed it.

Argue away!

artgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By artgamer

well i like wolverine, but i think deadpool dominate the fight, because wolverine just get mad and he stop thinking he just want to kill and kill, and deadpool still his head cold, and he knows how to upset wolverine, i think at the end wolverine will win, but just because he get mad and destroy everything

SavageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By SavageDragon

Yeah in the End Wolverines unbreakable skeleton is the deciding factor in this battle giving him the win. I like both characters but I prefer Wolverine because sometimes writers write Deadpool to be too insane (mentally) for my taste and sometimes I find too much banter to the audience annoying. I like how Remender has written him in Uncanny X-force. My main gripe with Wolverine is his overuse. I think hes in 5 on going titles 6 if you include AvX.

EnigmaDope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By EnigmaDope

If you go with Marvel ratings of both characters, Deadpool would have a considerable advantage; better fighting skill, more intelligent, stronger and so on. But you have a point with his adamantium skeleton. It's a shame they overuse him otherwise he might of had a better appreciation from a wider audience. Deadpool can be too insane but at least they maintain his character, unlike Wolverine, plus it's good to see a comedian in comics, to much seriousness going on with some comics and topics, like Jean returning for example. I'm still on 50/50, I know that if it was based on fighting skill and so on, Deadpool would win but again Wolverine's skeleton might offer him a greater advantage,

EpicAssassin90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By EpicAssassin90

If we are just talking about a pure fight deadpool with his healing factor would win. Simply because he can regenerate limbs whereas wolverine can't. Yes the unbreakable bones come into it but he still has ligimunts which are exposes (apologies of I spelt ligimunts wrong) and can be cut through so deadpool could simply take his arm off and keep it away from him and wolverine will be left fighting him with one arm whereas if wolverine decapitated deadpool and his body managed to get close to his head he would be fine same with an arm or his leg or even his heart but he his also able to regrow those if he can't get to them quickly enough. In terms of which character I prefer I prefer deadpool but if it wasen't for wolverine he would have died of cancer.

SavageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6  Edited By SavageDragon

Even though Deadpool has crazy fighting skills, Wolverine has been alive for more than a thousand years. His skills based on that have to be honed more than Deadpool. Only in beserk mode would Wolverine have less fighting prowess than Deadpool imo.

EnigmaDope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By EnigmaDope

@SavageDragon said:

Even though Deadpool has crazy fighting skills, Wolverine has been alive for more than a thousand years. His skills based on that have to be honed more than Deadpool. Only in beserk mode would Wolverine have less fighting prowess than Deadpool imo.

A thousand years? I thought it was only a hundred? Anyway I remember reading about Wolverine training with the Silver Samurai or something, I'm sure his had samurai training plus couldn't Wolverine just 'slice' up Deadpool's weapons?

FMStyyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By FMStyyx

Deadpool is cool.. he and wolverine.. to me are even in badassness wolverine will win he has too. he even tricked deadpool into capturing him just to get his son to come out of hiding.. Deadpool cant regenerate limbs he has to find the limb and attach it i thought.. wolverine is a better fighter and has been around longer.. 150 years is what i thought..

Avatar image for fullmetalchobit
    FullmetalChobit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By FullmetalChobit

Hand-to-hand combat I'll go for Wolverine but look how many weapons Deadpool uses, would Wolverine be able to even get close to him?
    EnigmaDope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By EnigmaDope

@FullmetalChobit said:

Hand-to-hand combat I'll go for Wolverine but look how many weapons Deadpool uses, would Wolverine be able to even get close to him?

Using his adamantium claws? I think so.

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Mega_spidey01

i'lll call it a tie.

ApeKindaBaked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ApeKindaBaked
    No Caption Provided

Tie

FullmetalChobit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By FullmetalChobit
    @EnigmaDope

Hmmm I find this hard to believe, although Wolverine is bulky and seriously strong Deadpool is more agile and has long range weapons, also if you account for Wolverine's often inability to quel his anger and the fact that Deadpool laughs at everything.  

I think Deadpool...
    EnigmaDope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By EnigmaDope

@FullmetalChobit said:

@EnigmaDope: Hmmm I find this hard to believe, although Wolverine is bulky and seriously strong Deadpool is more agile and has long range weapons, also if you account for Wolverine's often inability to quel his anger and the fact that Deadpool laughs at everything. I think Deadpool...

I'm not implying that Wolverine's claws would offer him some form of a greater advantage, overall I still think it would be a draw, simply because all of Deadpool's weapons either long or short range would have no effect due to Wolverine's adamantium skeleton. While Deadpool has a better healing factor to counter this. Overall I think it would be a tie, both having a moment where they get the upper hand but still at equal.

mettlekm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By mettlekm

Wolverine a slight edge - because of skeleton & he can't lose his weapons. Separate Deadpool from his weapons and he's shredded. Would be a good fight! If they fought 10 times, 9 would be a tie, and tenth would be wolvie.

FullmetalChobit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By FullmetalChobit
    @EnigmaDope:  

Yeah, I'll go with that. It would be one hell of a fight <3
    EnigmaDope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By EnigmaDope

Agreed :D

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
    deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine.

Only thing Wade has an slight advantage over Logan would be his healing factor. I don't see what other advantage Deadpool could have over Wolverine.

EnigmaDope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By EnigmaDope

@_slim_ said:

Wolverine.

Only thing Wade has an slight advantage over Logan would be his healing factor. I don't see what other advantage Deadpool could have over Wolverine.

Wade is a mercenary and therefore he would need to be pretty good at hand-hand combat and etc :/

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@EnigmaDope said:

@_slim_ said:

Wolverine.

Wade is a mercenary and therefore he would need to be pretty good at hand-hand combat and etc :/

And so what he is a mercenary, how does that give him an advantage over Wolverine?

EnigmaDope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By EnigmaDope

@_slim_ said:

@EnigmaDope said:

@_slim_ said:

Wolverine.

And so what he is a mercenary, how does that give him an advantage over Wolverine?

Wolverine could rely heavily upon his adamantium claws rather than his hand-hand combat? Just a suggestion, I can see your point though, I vaguely remember something about Wolverine practising the art of the samurai or something like that.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#22  Edited By Teerack

Deadpool probably.

yeimsick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By yeimsick

Tie, They both have exceptional Healing factors.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still don't see how this is a tie. Wolverine is more than capable of incapacitating Wade, won't kill DP. But hey, not much Wade could do if Logan separated his head from his body or takes off several limbs. I think it would be more of challenge for DP to defeat Logan than vice versa.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.