Follow

Deadpool

Character » Deadpool appears in 3332 issues.

Wade Wilson is a former test subject of the Weapon X program, where he received his regenerative healing factor through the scientific experiments conducted upon him. A prominent enemy, ally and later, member of X-Force. He's famous for breaking the Fourth Wall.

Deadpool not having his healing factor

Haustyl12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Haustyl12

SPOILER ALERT

In DEAD part 4 (or was it 3?). Deadpool loses his healing factor because Bob injected a serum made only for getting rid of Deadpool's healing factor (Wade's baby hair).

So I think there's a huge plot hole in this.

So if deadpool's healing factor is gone, What's stopping his cancer from killing him?

Powerzone789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Powerzone789

@Haustyl12: did you see his face? his healing factor stopped the cancer in its tracks. he hasn't had cancer for years.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Yup, now he has no healing factor and is sporting a good looking mug. I was hoping this would mean we'll see a smarter Deadpool, relying on his agility and fighting abilities... but I unfortunately have a feeling it'll just mean we'll see him get beaten up in a non-fatal manner and have him complaining about the pain. I truly hope I'm wrong with that.

mavfan626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By mavfan626

This could be good. Deadpool already seems more reasonable, he still has two voices though which doesn't make sense. Best part about that about that comic was when Wolverine ask what it left like to be alive again and Deadpool said it was #$%@#@#$ great then Wolverine looked sad like he knew what it was like knowing what its like to not beening able die. Anyway the DEAD saga was pretty all round good, that said Way should let another writer take over. I just wonder how different Deadpool will actully be now..

leosapiens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By leosapiens

I so hope they don't screw him up. He was the best combination of crazy and funny.

Brit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Brit

healing factor or not, Wade's greatest weapon is the insanity that is his mouth...

EpicAssassin90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By EpicAssassin90

My biggest fear is that he won't be sent on death defying missions now because he's mortal the only reason he got to the savage lands in merc with a mouth was because his healing factor kept him alive as well as a part of the reason why he didn't become zombiefied as soon as he put headpool on his shoulder later in the series.

SadiaVicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SadiaVicious

He will be more deadly than before. Even Wolverine was kinda scared about him being mortal again.

But I hope they don't screw this up and bring us something good with his mortality... Deadpool was so fuckin' awesome back in 90'.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By Strider1992

I just hope his still as insane as always I don't really mind that he's got a normal face now. I'm hoping we're gonna see more of the ninja Deadpool relying on skills and agility to get the job done. Like he did when he jumped the X-force last issue.

Is his healing factor completely gone? If so how come Psylocke didn't detect him in that station?

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10  Edited By Kallarkz

@Strider92 said:

I just hope his still as insane as always I don't really mind that he's got a normal face now. I'm hoping we're gonna see more of the ninja Deadpool relying on skills and agility to get the job done. Like he did when he jumped the X-force last issue.

Is his healing factor completely gone? If so how come Psylocke didn't detect him in that station?

From what I have read he no longer has a healing factor at all.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Strider1992

@Kallarkz: Thats what I thought but how come Deadpool was only worried about Psylocke detecting Bob and she didn't detect Wade so does he still have his resistance to telepathy?

IIDEADxPOOLII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By IIDEADxPOOLII

@Strider92: That's Way for you there's still just to many unanswered questions. How does him losing his healing factor just take away his scars and magically give him hair? Am I missing something here does the serum give him his cells before he got cancer? Why is Wade worrying about dying has Way just dropped the whole Thanos curse? Unless the curse was lifted when Thanos got trapped in the Cancerverse. Maybe i'm just looking in it to hard.

EDIT: Unless the baby hair had more of an effect on his outside appearance than I thought.

Ruvik_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By Ruvik_

Wait so he just human now?

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By John Valentine

@SadiaVicious said:

He will be more deadly than before. Even Wolverine was kinda scared about him being mortal again.

But I hope they don't screw this up and bring us something good with his mortality... Deadpool was so fuckin' awesome back in 90'.

Why should he be scared now that he's a lot more killable?

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

@k4tzm4n said:

Yup, now he has no healing factor and is sporting a good looking mug. I was hoping this would mean we'll see a smarter Deadpool, relying on his agility and fighting abilities... but I unfortunately have a feeling it'll just mean we'll see him get beaten up in a non-fatal manner and have him complaining about the pain. I truly hope I'm wrong with that.

This.

I'm really hoping they go old school and have Deadpool relying more on his agility and fighting ability. I love all the comedy, but don't make him a wuss.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16  Edited By InnerVenom123

@k4tzm4n said:

I bet you he ends up realizing that he isn't as good without the cancer and tries to get cancer in hilariously wacky ways.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Strider1992

@IIDEADxPOOLII said:

@Strider92: That's Way for you there's still just to many unanswered questions. How does him losing his healing factor just take away his scars and magically give him hair? Am I missing something here does the serum give him his cells before he got cancer? Why is Wade worrying about dying has Way just dropped the whole Thanos curse? Unless the curse was lifted when Thanos got trapped in the Cancerverse. Maybe i'm just looking in it to hard.

EDIT: Unless the baby hair had more of an effect on his outside appearance than I thought.

Good point the curse should still be there and Wade should be unable to die. Maybe that's gonna happen from here on out. No healing factor but just dies and comes back to life a lot.

Also he should still have his cancer unless the serum cured it.

OldManDuncan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By OldManDuncan

I want pizza-face Wade back.

Avatar image for ultimatedeadpool
    DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By DEADPOOL

This does seem weird, what DID happen to his cancer? His cancer and healing factor were in a constant battle with each other, which helped cause his mangled appearance and insanity.

A big plot hole to this whole story is that, even without his healing factor, Deadpool's still cursed with life. So... perhaps he doesn't really need his healing factor since his immortality can counter the cancer? But then again, even without his healing factor, shouldn't his skin still look cancerous?

All of this is so confusing!!! Tons of plot holes!

Still, this may be a good thing for a while. It shouldn't last forever, we know he'll eventually get his healing powers back, but until then this is going to be a new Deadpool.

Zhakaraz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Zhakaraz

I highly doubt they will be supporting this "Thanos curse". It seems like they are making Deadpool mortal with this. I have not read any mentioning of it for some time now.

And really guys? He dies and comes back to life? Magically fully healed?

It's a very slight possibility they would still have him cursed to live...but he heals just as good as a normal person now.

Crush his skull in and I imagine he would be a comatose patient for the rest of his life.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By evilvegeta74

Kidpool is gonna comeback and give his face the business.

Avatar image for ultimatedeadpool
    DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By DEADPOOL

@Zhakaraz said:

I highly doubt they will be supporting this "Thanos curse". It seems like they are making Deadpool mortal with this. I have not read any mentioning of it for some time now.

And really guys? He dies and comes back to life? Magically fully healed?

It's a very slight possibility they would still have him cursed to live...but he heals just as good as a normal person now.

Crush his skull in and I imagine he would be a comatose patient for the rest of his life.

Well that could actually happen if Deadpool still had his healing factor, tie some weighted chains to him and throw him in the ocean and boom, he drowns and won't recover until you pull him out... if you pull him out, or pile a bunch of boulders on his head and he can't regenerate until you remove all the boulders, etc.

Avatar image for deactivated-607949e25bdb6
    deactivated-607949e25bdb6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seeing as Thanos got trapped in the cancerverse whilst it was collapsing, I would say Wade can now die...

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By z3ro180

@Haustyl12: wait so has dp lost his imortality cause that would suck

Avatar image for deadpoolchimichanga
    deadpoolchimichanga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a feeling he will get his healing factor back, Deadpool isn't the same if he can't die.

XEL820

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By XEL820

@Zhakaraz:

I'd imagine he can heal, at a normal pace, from anything still, due to the curse. While being a lot more susceptible to injuries now, I hope the curse by Thanos still stands. Especially since he can flirt with death now, wouldn't Thanos hate him more?

EnigmaDope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27  Edited By EnigmaDope

I, personally, do not think this will last. He will get his healing factor back eventually, I just think they ruined the character a bit. The only thing that makes him mutant is his healing factor and they take that away? Way to ruin the fun Marvel.

deadpool6_6_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By deadpool6_6_6

without a healing factor. deadpool would be useless.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#29  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@deadpool6_6_6 said:

without a healing factor. deadpool would be useless.

I fail to see how. He is still a highly skilled fighter in his own right in h2h and weaponry. Granted he may have lost a lot of advantages, but I don't see him being down right useless.

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#30  Edited By Rumble Man

Well that sucks

Band Lone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Band Lone

I just found out about this... My opinion: If anything he will be more dangerous than ever because now he has his life to lose. See back then Deadpool didnt care about getting beat up and chopped up. He would just laughed it up and heal. But now he knows he cant fool around. i bet he will be more careful and deadlier

Band Lone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Band Lone

BTW Deadpool got a lot of trim before as hideous as he was imagine now that hes actually handsome lol

evodmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By evodmasters

O my god! People are implying that Daniel Way is a hack writer who barely even knows Deadpool's past story lines and does little to no research when he writes the ongoing series. Yeah I was a DWay apologist for the longest time, but now I just want him to go away.

Spoilers!!!!!! Do not read If you want to be ignorant of what happens. Trust me, I wish I didn't know this: Hey Black Swan is back and is no longer a surf board. Why? Who cares? Way certainly does not care to explain. And let us bring back Black Tom Cassidy while we are at it. Hey didn't the Juggernaut snap Tom's neck? Why yes he did. How is he alive now? Umm, reasons that is why!

D3AD_R00T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By D3AD_R00T

You all have to remember that in the future, Deadpool still has his healing factor. I can't remember where I saw it, but in the future, Wade Wilson was alive and well and looked as if he hadn't aged a day. I think he also mentioned something about not being able to die is the worst curse. So that being said, he will get his healing factor back. My theory is that it is now dormant again, as it was before he donned the name Deadpool, when he was still part of Weapon-X. Similarily to then, he will get the shit kicked out of him, nearly die and have the healing factor kick-started.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.