Deadpool not having his healing factor

#1 Posted by Haustyl12 (138 posts) - - Show Bio

SPOILER ALERT

In DEAD part 4 (or was it 3?). Deadpool loses his healing factor because Bob injected a serum made only for getting rid of Deadpool's healing factor (Wade's baby hair).

So I think there's a huge plot hole in this.

So if deadpool's healing factor is gone, What's stopping his cancer from killing him?

#2 Posted by Powerzone789 (430 posts) - - Show Bio

@Haustyl12: did you see his face? his healing factor stopped the cancer in its tracks. he hasn't had cancer for years.

#3 Posted by k4tzm4n (48633 posts) - - Show Bio

Yup, now he has no healing factor and is sporting a good looking mug. I was hoping this would mean we'll see a smarter Deadpool, relying on his agility and fighting abilities... but I unfortunately have a feeling it'll just mean we'll see him get beaten up in a non-fatal manner and have him complaining about the pain. I truly hope I'm wrong with that.

Staff
#4 Posted by mavfan626 (4138 posts) - - Show Bio

This could be good. Deadpool already seems more reasonable, he still has two voices though which doesn't make sense. Best part about that about that comic was when Wolverine ask what it left like to be alive again and Deadpool said it was #$%@#@#$ great then Wolverine looked sad like he knew what it was like knowing what its like to not beening able die. Anyway the DEAD saga was pretty all round good, that said Way should let another writer take over. I just wonder how different Deadpool will actully be now..

#5 Edited by leosapiens (4 posts) - - Show Bio

I so hope they don't screw him up. He was the best combination of crazy and funny.

#6 Posted by Brit (372 posts) - - Show Bio

healing factor or not, Wade's greatest weapon is the insanity that is his mouth...

#7 Posted by EpicAssassin90 (57 posts) - - Show Bio

My biggest fear is that he won't be sent on death defying missions now because he's mortal the only reason he got to the savage lands in merc with a mouth was because his healing factor kept him alive as well as a part of the reason why he didn't become zombiefied as soon as he put headpool on his shoulder later in the series.

#8 Posted by SadiaVicious (134 posts) - - Show Bio

He will be more deadly than before. Even Wolverine was kinda scared about him being mortal again.

But I hope they don't screw this up and bring us something good with his mortality... Deadpool was so fuckin' awesome back in 90'.

#9 Posted by Strider92 (16721 posts) - - Show Bio

I just hope his still as insane as always I don't really mind that he's got a normal face now. I'm hoping we're gonna see more of the ninja Deadpool relying on skills and agility to get the job done. Like he did when he jumped the X-force last issue.

Is his healing factor completely gone? If so how come Psylocke didn't detect him in that station?

#10 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

I just hope his still as insane as always I don't really mind that he's got a normal face now. I'm hoping we're gonna see more of the ninja Deadpool relying on skills and agility to get the job done. Like he did when he jumped the X-force last issue.

Is his healing factor completely gone? If so how come Psylocke didn't detect him in that station?

From what I have read he no longer has a healing factor at all.

#11 Posted by Strider92 (16721 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kallarkz: Thats what I thought but how come Deadpool was only worried about Psylocke detecting Bob and she didn't detect Wade so does he still have his resistance to telepathy?

#12 Edited by IIDEADxPOOLII (1414 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: That's Way for you there's still just to many unanswered questions. How does him losing his healing factor just take away his scars and magically give him hair? Am I missing something here does the serum give him his cells before he got cancer? Why is Wade worrying about dying has Way just dropped the whole Thanos curse? Unless the curse was lifted when Thanos got trapped in the Cancerverse. Maybe i'm just looking in it to hard.

EDIT: Unless the baby hair had more of an effect on his outside appearance than I thought.

#13 Posted by Antonio_Blackheart (1542 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait so he just human now?

#14 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio

@SadiaVicious said:

He will be more deadly than before. Even Wolverine was kinda scared about him being mortal again.

But I hope they don't screw this up and bring us something good with his mortality... Deadpool was so fuckin' awesome back in 90'.

Why should he be scared now that he's a lot more killable?

#15 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7982 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

Yup, now he has no healing factor and is sporting a good looking mug. I was hoping this would mean we'll see a smarter Deadpool, relying on his agility and fighting abilities... but I unfortunately have a feeling it'll just mean we'll see him get beaten up in a non-fatal manner and have him complaining about the pain. I truly hope I'm wrong with that.

This.

I'm really hoping they go old school and have Deadpool relying more on his agility and fighting ability. I love all the comedy, but don't make him a wuss.

#16 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29509 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

I bet you he ends up realizing that he isn't as good without the cancer and tries to get cancer in hilariously wacky ways.

#17 Posted by Strider92 (16721 posts) - - Show Bio

@IIDEADxPOOLII said:

@Strider92: That's Way for you there's still just to many unanswered questions. How does him losing his healing factor just take away his scars and magically give him hair? Am I missing something here does the serum give him his cells before he got cancer? Why is Wade worrying about dying has Way just dropped the whole Thanos curse? Unless the curse was lifted when Thanos got trapped in the Cancerverse. Maybe i'm just looking in it to hard.

EDIT: Unless the baby hair had more of an effect on his outside appearance than I thought.

Good point the curse should still be there and Wade should be unable to die. Maybe that's gonna happen from here on out. No healing factor but just dies and comes back to life a lot.

Also he should still have his cancer unless the serum cured it.

#18 Posted by Duncan (11446 posts) - - Show Bio

I want pizza-face Wade back.

#19 Edited by DEADPOOL (2710 posts) - - Show Bio

This does seem weird, what DID happen to his cancer? His cancer and healing factor were in a constant battle with each other, which helped cause his mangled appearance and insanity.

A big plot hole to this whole story is that, even without his healing factor, Deadpool's still cursed with life. So... perhaps he doesn't really need his healing factor since his immortality can counter the cancer? But then again, even without his healing factor, shouldn't his skin still look cancerous?

All of this is so confusing!!! Tons of plot holes!

Still, this may be a good thing for a while. It shouldn't last forever, we know he'll eventually get his healing powers back, but until then this is going to be a new Deadpool.

#20 Posted by Zhakaraz (81 posts) - - Show Bio

I highly doubt they will be supporting this "Thanos curse". It seems like they are making Deadpool mortal with this. I have not read any mentioning of it for some time now.

And really guys? He dies and comes back to life? Magically fully healed?

It's a very slight possibility they would still have him cursed to live...but he heals just as good as a normal person now.

Crush his skull in and I imagine he would be a comatose patient for the rest of his life.

#21 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

Kidpool is gonna comeback and give his face the business.

#22 Edited by DEADPOOL (2710 posts) - - Show Bio

@Zhakaraz said:

I highly doubt they will be supporting this "Thanos curse". It seems like they are making Deadpool mortal with this. I have not read any mentioning of it for some time now.

And really guys? He dies and comes back to life? Magically fully healed?

It's a very slight possibility they would still have him cursed to live...but he heals just as good as a normal person now.

Crush his skull in and I imagine he would be a comatose patient for the rest of his life.

Well that could actually happen if Deadpool still had his healing factor, tie some weighted chains to him and throw him in the ocean and boom, he drowns and won't recover until you pull him out... if you pull him out, or pile a bunch of boulders on his head and he can't regenerate until you remove all the boulders, etc.

#23 Posted by Pwok21 (2459 posts) - - Show Bio

Seeing as Thanos got trapped in the cancerverse whilst it was collapsing, I would say Wade can now die...

#24 Posted by Z3RO180 (6618 posts) - - Show Bio

@Haustyl12: wait so has dp lost his imortality cause that would suck

#25 Posted by deadpoolchimichanga (20 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a feeling he will get his healing factor back, Deadpool isn't the same if he can't die.

#26 Posted by XEL820 (230 posts) - - Show Bio

@Zhakaraz:

I'd imagine he can heal, at a normal pace, from anything still, due to the curse. While being a lot more susceptible to injuries now, I hope the curse by Thanos still stands. Especially since he can flirt with death now, wouldn't Thanos hate him more?

#27 Posted by EnigmaDope (34 posts) - - Show Bio

I, personally, do not think this will last. He will get his healing factor back eventually, I just think they ruined the character a bit. The only thing that makes him mutant is his healing factor and they take that away? Way to ruin the fun Marvel.

#28 Posted by deadpool6_6_6 (1064 posts) - - Show Bio

without a healing factor. deadpool would be useless.

#29 Posted by God_Spawn (38094 posts) - - Show Bio

@deadpool6_6_6 said:

without a healing factor. deadpool would be useless.

I fail to see how. He is still a highly skilled fighter in his own right in h2h and weaponry. Granted he may have lost a lot of advantages, but I don't see him being down right useless.

#30 Posted by Rumble Man (11118 posts) - - Show Bio

Well that sucks

#31 Posted by Band Lone (1789 posts) - - Show Bio

I just found out about this... My opinion: If anything he will be more dangerous than ever because now he has his life to lose. See back then Deadpool didnt care about getting beat up and chopped up. He would just laughed it up and heal. But now he knows he cant fool around. i bet he will be more careful and deadlier

#32 Posted by Band Lone (1789 posts) - - Show Bio

BTW Deadpool got a lot of trim before as hideous as he was imagine now that hes actually handsome lol

#33 Posted by evodmasters (571 posts) - - Show Bio

O my god! People are implying that Daniel Way is a hack writer who barely even knows Deadpool's past story lines and does little to no research when he writes the ongoing series. Yeah I was a DWay apologist for the longest time, but now I just want him to go away.

Spoilers!!!!!! Do not read If you want to be ignorant of what happens. Trust me, I wish I didn't know this: Hey Black Swan is back and is no longer a surf board. Why? Who cares? Way certainly does not care to explain. And let us bring back Black Tom Cassidy while we are at it. Hey didn't the Juggernaut snap Tom's neck? Why yes he did. How is he alive now? Umm, reasons that is why!

#34 Posted by D3AD_R00T (1 posts) - - Show Bio

You all have to remember that in the future, Deadpool still has his healing factor. I can't remember where I saw it, but in the future, Wade Wilson was alive and well and looked as if he hadn't aged a day. I think he also mentioned something about not being able to die is the worst curse. So that being said, he will get his healing factor back. My theory is that it is now dormant again, as it was before he donned the name Deadpool, when he was still part of Weapon-X. Similarily to then, he will get the shit kicked out of him, nearly die and have the healing factor kick-started.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.