Deadpool Must-Reads.

#1 Posted by Deadnigma (7 posts) - - Show Bio

I have recently got into comics and I really enjoy reading comics with the character Deadpool in them. I have and am currently reading Deadpool The Musical 49.1 and the first three parts of Dead ( 50, 51, 52), I plan on finish reading the other two parts soon. I've also read one of the issues of Deadpool Merc With A Mouth and quite liked it. I would just like to know from you guys about which Deadpool comics/series you recommend (similar to maybe Daniel Way's style, I've quite enjoyed his comics) and which Deadpool comics you think are a no-go for a newbie like me? Much appreciated :)

#2 Posted by Liara (421 posts) - - Show Bio

I would recommend to read Joe Kellys run on him! it's really hilarious.

Also you really should try the Cable & Deadpool comics.

Currently I'm enjoying him in Uncanny X-Force.

#3 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

Joe Kelly and C&D obviously.

#4 Posted by Romulus9000 (377 posts) - - Show Bio

Read Gail Simone's run, I have every issue NM signed by her it was a great find, i also found out that those issues are of the more rare deadpool comics. But if you can find them ( through download or otherwise ) you should read them.

#5 Posted by Deadnigma (7 posts) - - Show Bio

Ah okay guys, I will keep an eye out for them. Thank you :D I have to say that the current Deadpool series by Daniel Way is very good, but that's just me.

#6 Posted by The Lobster (1485 posts) - - Show Bio

Read Joe Kelly's stuff. THAT is how Deadpool is supposed to be written. 

#7 Posted by rogue_mar1e (19833 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool Classic and Deadpool Team Up.

#8 Posted by EpicAssassin90 (57 posts) - - Show Bio

The joe Kelly run and suicide kings

#9 Posted by Deadnigma (7 posts) - - Show Bio

Ah alright, will do. Thanks guys. What's your verdict on Daniel Way's depiction and series of Deadpool?

#10 Posted by SlamAdams (287 posts) - - Show Bio

@deadnigma: Daniel Way was meh! Not all bad but a few stinkers. I think he was the first one to use 2 narrators which I didn't like.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.