Follow

Deadpool

Character » Deadpool appears in 3332 issues.

Wade Wilson is a former test subject of the Weapon X program, where he received his regenerative healing factor through the scientific experiments conducted upon him. A prominent enemy, ally and later, member of X-Force. He's famous for breaking the Fourth Wall.

Deadpool Movie: Why it Would be Awesome

• 108 results
    flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Is Way really that bad...??

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

@the_lobster_: It's a matter of taste and trying to come up with real reason one way is better then the other is silly and impossible lol. Since your personal feelings are the only thing determining how important the points you're making are.

@deathpoolthet1000: Eh, not sure I'd say I'm a Way fan boy. I mean I think his run was great, but he doesn't really stack up to how much I loved Fabian Nicieza on the character. Christopher Priest is also kind of up on a pedestal for me, and to this day Constrictor is one of my favorite characters because of him.

As the matter of fact, he is coming with character persona.

If one character does things outside of character, its a bad thing.

Deadpool problem is the fact they change his persona every time a new writer comes in.

Now Way Deadpool is the only Deadpool there is and that version dont leave too much space for character development.

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
    MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I would love to see Deadpool on the big screen. Of course Agent Bob would have to tag along as well.

Robert2928

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guy guys guys...we (Deadpool fans) are bickering about which deadpool should be in the movie instead of being happy that a DEADPOOL MOVIE has the potential to be made. Progress anyone?

In all honesty we should KNOW by now that comic book movies are NOT for comic book fans, for the general public to make the company the maximum amount of $$$$ and get potentially get new fans. We also know they are trending right now so...this could actually happen. Yes I know we all have our "favorite" versions of Deadpool however...I'm sorry but, in my opinion, "Waypool" (as yall call him) is far more marketable than the other one. Yes Deadpool is more than "breaking the fourth wall and being random" but, hate it or love it, that is what he is known for and will likely be sold as to the GENERAL PUBLIC. In an age where you have to make a joke in 7 seconds or it's too long (I'm speaking of vines for y'all unaware of it) that's likely all he will be known for with people outside the community. "Oh Deadpool that guy who breaks the 4th wall and is funny" You have to remember we, as fans, want to know more about the character but honestly ask yourself how many people know who deadpool is outside the comic community? At comic con people know I'm Deadpool but during Halloween people still think I'm Spider-man lol

While we have our differences (Pro-Way/Anti-Way) I think we can all agree that X-Men Origins representation of Deadpool was beyond awful. He didn't have the costume, wasn't a "bada** merc" heck he didn't talk at all lol To be honest I didn't even know it was him (deadpool) until after the movie when I went to the wiki. Keep in mind that's the last film representation of Deadpool guys. Let's palette cleanse that mess please? Deadpool has risen in popularity enough to be a selectable character in Marvel vs Capcom 3 to star in his own video game and now potentially have his own movie? Let's not forget the character is making progress (From a second cameo on X-Men the animated series to his own movie?) Who knows we might even get an animated film one of these days but only if the company sees their is $$$ to be made in an untapped market (us). Who's with me?...nobody. Nobody? NOBODY! Well screw you guys! I'm going to crawl back to my corner of the internet and write in my diary about how much of meanie mac mean faces you guys are!

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@robert2928: The fact Deadpool isnt that famous is the reason why they can be experimental with him, being experimental with Superman was a huge mistake.

Not so famous characters should be less scared to be original since bets are smaller with them.

They have more to win and less to lose.

Way Pool its means they chicken out, besides Ryan Reynolds sense of humor is smarter that Way humor and his trash talking has a reason to be.

Reynolds humor isnt talking random shit, just for the sake of randomness, his talking has a reason, besides being more sarcastic and smarter.

Reynolds stronger point is being funny without being stupid and idiotic.

WayPool dont fint Reynolds that well.

If you notice in the video Deadpool has reasons to act the way he is acting, beside the whole cutting that guy head and tell him show intelligence.

Avatar image for the_thaumaturge
    The_Thaumaturge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@deathpoolthet1000: It does matter how a character starts. Granted, the more important thing is what they become, and I have already stated that I like how Deadpool's character has evolved, but Deadpool's creation generated a lot of disrespect for a great character - so much so, that people are actually saying that Deathstroke is a copy of Deadpool, rather than the other way round (I have personally had this said to me).

If Deathstroke is starting to get more recognised in the mainstream once more (due to his appearances on Arrow), the last thing that's needed is another popularity boost for Deadpool - and a Deadpool movie would be insanely popular, for obviously good reasons. In my opinion, for both characters to exist as separate, independently great characters in their own rights, Deadpool needs to be pushed to the side to give some time and space to his template - at least until the uneducated but enthusiastic fanboy knows which one is a parody of the other.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: It does matter how a character starts. Granted, the more important thing is what they become, and I have already stated that I like how Deadpool's character has evolved, but Deadpool's creation generated a lot of disrespect for a great character - so much so, that people are actually saying that Deathstroke is a copy of Deadpool, rather than the other way round (I have personally had this said to me).

If Deathstroke is starting to get more recognised in the mainstream once more (due to his appearances on Arrow), the last thing that's needed is another popularity boost for Deadpool - and a Deadpool movie would be insanely popular, for obviously good reasons. In my opinion, for both characters to exist as separate, independently great characters in their own rights, Deadpool needs to be pushed to the side to give some time and space to his template - at least until the uneducated but enthusiastic fanboy knows which one is a parody of the other.

The thing is that people outside the geekdom know his as an Spiderman clone, people point Spiderman way more that Deathstroke, beside Deadpool dont look and act that much as Deathstroke.

People is not going to confuse them.

That argument would mean no Black Cat and no tons of character based on that, besides Deathtroke was a copy to, he was a lesser Captain America and no one calls him a Captain America copy anymore.

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree He was an alright GL, though I still think personally the guy from Supernatural or Nathan Fillion would be a better Hal Jordan honestly.

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 2

#109  Edited By The Lobster

@robert2928 said:

Guy guys guys...we (Deadpool fans) are bickering about which deadpool should be in the movie instead of being happy that a DEADPOOL MOVIE has the potential to be made. Progress anyone?

In all honesty we should KNOW by now that comic book movies are NOT for comic book fans, for the general public to make the company the maximum amount of $$$$ and get potentially get new fans. We also know they are trending right now so...this could actually happen. Yes I know we all have our "favorite" versions of Deadpool however...I'm sorry but, in my opinion, "Waypool" (as yall call him) is far more marketable than the other one. Yes Deadpool is more than "breaking the fourth wall and being random" but, hate it or love it, that is what he is known for and will likely be sold as to the GENERAL PUBLIC. In an age where you have to make a joke in 7 seconds or it's too long (I'm speaking of vines for y'all unaware of it) that's likely all he will be known for with people outside the community. "Oh Deadpool that guy who breaks the 4th wall and is funny" You have to remember we, as fans, want to know more about the character but honestly ask yourself how many people know who deadpool is outside the comic community? At comic con people know I'm Deadpool but during Halloween people still think I'm Spider-man lol

While we have our differences (Pro-Way/Anti-Way) I think we can all agree that X-Men Origins representation of Deadpool was beyond awful. He didn't have the costume, wasn't a "bada** merc" heck he didn't talk at all lol To be honest I didn't even know it was him (deadpool) until after the movie when I went to the wiki. Keep in mind that's the last film representation of Deadpool guys. Let's palette cleanse that mess please? Deadpool has risen in popularity enough to be a selectable character in Marvel vs Capcom 3 to star in his own video game and now potentially have his own movie? Let's not forget the character is making progress (From a second cameo on X-Men the animated series to his own movie?) Who knows we might even get an animated film one of these days but only if the company sees their is $$$ to be made in an untapped market (us). Who's with me?...nobody. Nobody? NOBODY! Well screw you guys! I'm going to crawl back to my corner of the internet and write in my diary about how much of meanie mac mean faces you guys are!

No Caption Provided

I admire you're ability to see both sides of the argument. I also agree with you. I'm totally fine with a Deadpool who's a bit random and kooky, just as long as he doesn't have the voices. They don't work in any other medium other than comics, and they detract from his Merc With The Mouth tactics. Plus, I feel that they shouldn't pick the most marketable version of Deadpool, they should pick the BEST version of Deadpool. If they want to introduce this character to a newer audience, they should show the best version of him.

Although I've read the leaked script for the movie, and I can proudly and happily say that the version of Deadpool in that script was far closer to Joe Kelly and Fabian Nicieza, than Daniel Way. Hopefully they keep it that way. It was a dawg-gawn good script.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.