'Deadpool' Movie Update

• 78 results
Posted by k4tzm4n (49877 posts) - - Show Bio

The status of the Deadpool movie has been all over the place for quite some time now and the slow progression hasn't exactly been an optimistic sign for fans of the Merc with a Mouth. However, a script was leaked some time ago and it was quite well received. Now there's another reason to hold onto hope because director Tim Miller took to Kickstarter and answered one question about Wade Wilson's cinematic status.

"DEADPOOL: We've turned in an amazing script and done some early tests and visual development that--I'm confident--would get the fans stoked. And Ryan still loves the project. So it's really up to Fox as to whether or not the film happens--all I can do is hope (and beg periodically) that it be allowed to move ahead."

Those are certainly words of inspiration and it's nice to know Ryan Reynolds is still definitely on-board. With Mark Millar joining Fox's Marvel movieverse, it could be possible he'll help this project pick up speed and potentially open the doors to more X-Men related characters.

Us Deadpool fans will just have to wait around to see how things turn out. Hopefully we'll one day get a glimpse of that test footage and hear more updates in the near future. In the meantime, what would you really want to see in a Deadpool movie?

Source: Kickstarter

#1 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8156 posts) - - Show Bio

...Sounds like more of the same they've been telling us...

#2 Posted by whiteknight67 (42 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope this movie gets made.

#3 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

After Millar was announced to be Fox's Whedon, this was the movie I've most been looking forward to. I'm confident that production will start by the time the video game is out.

#4 Posted by mattwing87 (433 posts) - - Show Bio

Nothing majorly new but I am glad it is still in development. Hopefully it is not connected to the Wolverine Origins movie!

#5 Posted by JonSmith (4005 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait, wait wait. Why does Fox have the rights to Deadpool? He's not an X-Man-

See? Even Beast admits it.

#6 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (9204 posts) - - Show Bio

Haven't heard about this movie in a while

#7 Posted by StMichalofWilson (3951 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally, Fox better not fail me now!

#8 Posted by GR2Blackout (2564 posts) - - Show Bio

Ryan Reynolds still involved in this project? NO!!!

#9 Edited by Smurfboy (480 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugh, fox. Seriously give all the rights characters (X-Men, Wolverine, Deadpool, Fantastic Four, etc.) to Marvel Studios/Disney! Fox needs to let them go.

#10 Posted by donaghey (23 posts) - - Show Bio

i need this film to be made, the world needs this film to be made.....i bet even the Mayans would cancel the end of the world in anticipation of this film!

#11 Posted by MisterKetch (253 posts) - - Show Bio

Sooooooooooo, basically the update is no update?

#12 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

@whiteknight67 said:

same here.

#13 Posted by Cypher4 (74 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't really like Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool. But I'd still like to see a Deadpool movie.

#14 Posted by OutlawRenegade (1251 posts) - - Show Bio

@whiteknight67 said:

#15 Posted by BlueLantern1995 (2448 posts) - - Show Bio

@haydenclaireheroes said:

Haven't heard about this movie in a while

#16 Posted by zanevittorio (6 posts) - - Show Bio

I saw that Fox was doing it and just died a little inside. Mark another superhero movie down as crap. I only say so because all of their superhero movies were crap.

#17 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

Doesn't really sound like the film is any closer to being made. Obviously they're going to say the script is amazing, but all the begging and pleading isn't a good sign.

#18 Posted by spinningwebs (36 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonSmith:

Because of Wolverine Origins. Even though that thing is hardly Deadpool.

#19 Posted by JonSmith (4005 posts) - - Show Bio

@spinningwebs:

You will not speak of that abomination as Deadpool again.

#20 Posted by Mr. Kamikaze (531 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope Fox goes bankrupt and all of their Marvel licenses revert to Disney.... -.-

Maybe not bankrupt, that's extreme, they've made some fantastic movies. Just not one of those fantastic movies were superhero movies.

#21 Posted by kagato (247 posts) - - Show Bio

I really really want this to be happening, make me a damn Deadpool movie and do it fast! I approve of Ryan Reynolds too ^_^

#22 Posted by neiliusprime (255 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool's movie will never be made...

#23 Posted by ClintsEvilTwin (76 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mr. Kamikaze said:

I hope Fox goes bankrupt and all of their Marvel licenses revert to Disney.... -.-

#24 Edited by GreenFuse (295 posts) - - Show Bio

Ryan Reynolds is nice to look at but I do not see him as Deadpool. It doesn't help that he's a so-so actor.

#25 Posted by VictorVonDoom_1 (142 posts) - - Show Bio

Ryan Reynolds makes a great Deadpool, in my opinion. I mean, in Origins he was as annoying to the team as in the comics. I don't know man, I hope this movie gets made. I've been wanting to see this happen.

#26 Posted by jpblair88 (45 posts) - - Show Bio

@Smurfboy said:

Ugh, fox. Seriously give all the rights characters (X-Men, Wolverine, Deadpool, Fantastic Four, etc.) to Marvel Studios/Disney! Fox needs to let them go.

^ This.

#27 Posted by riiiiiiiight (98 posts) - - Show Bio

@VictorVonDoom_1 said:

Ryan Reynolds makes a great Deadpool, in my opinion. I mean, in Origins he was as annoying to the team as in the comics. I don't know man, I hope this movie gets made. I've been wanting to see this happen.

#28 Posted by GothamRed (2564 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonSmith: he's not an X-Man (well that's debatable recently) but he falls under the license due to his connections to wolverine, weapon x, cable, and x-force, which all fall under the X-Men license. It sort of like how quicksilver and scarlet witch are under the x-men license because of magneto and their brief stint on the brotherhood even though they've spent more time with and are more well know as Avengers.

#29 Posted by mewmdude77 (993 posts) - - Show Bio

Ryan Reynolds was an awesome Wade Wilson. He had the humor, the skills, the annoyingness to his team. It was awesome. Then they turned him into an abomination that didn't resemble Deadpool in any way.

#30 Posted by Chibi-Iroh (388 posts) - - Show Bio

@GR2Blackout: Ryan Reynolds was spot on as Wade Wilson

#31 Posted by Chibi-Iroh (388 posts) - - Show Bio

@Smurfboy: Why would they give the rights back if they are still making money off of them?

#32 Posted by thatcoolguysteven (48 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope it ends up something like this short movie

http://youtu.be/oDpXu4j7ibM

#33 Posted by JayJayCAW (241 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not a Marvel fan...but I want to see this movie.....DO THE RIGHT THING FOX!!!!! FOR ONCE DO THE RIGHT THING!!

#34 Posted by BoyWander (319 posts) - - Show Bio

I can only hope for Bob.

#35 Posted by The_Tree (7771 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope this movie happens, and if it does, I hope they don't change the previous script too much.

#36 Posted by FatFriar_16 (167 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow... No one answered the question of what they would like to see in the movie... So many critics...

Anyway, I hope that he breaks the 3/4th wall (whichever it is) either twice in the movie itself or just one time after the credits. He better have those voices!!! He's incomplete without them... And, the story-line should be pretty whack, but not too crazy that it's stupid. I kind of hope that it's not another origins story, but that it just jumps right in to the Mercenary bit with maybe a couple flash backs. The comic DP Origins wasn't bad though, if they want to go off of that.

#37 Posted by FatFriar_16 (167 posts) - - Show Bio

@BoyWander: Hail Hydra!!!

#38 Posted by The Lobster (1524 posts) - - Show Bio

If the Deadpool movie matches the tone of Kick-Ass since Millar is now Fox's go-to-guy, then this movie will be awesome. 

Please let it happen, PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAASEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully if the video game is a hit, FOX will see just how profitable Deadpool can be and get this movie going.

#39 Posted by FatFriar_16 (167 posts) - - Show Bio

@thatcoolguysteven: Great video!

#40 Posted by comicfan123 (61 posts) - - Show Bio

@zanevittorio: I don't know...I enjoyed X-Men: First Class myself (although that's the only Fox-made X-Men film I like). To each his own, I guess.

#41 Posted by Bluefox170 (387 posts) - - Show Bio

"Eat blazing doorknobs of death banana face!"

This movie better crash and burn and take the game down with it.

#42 Posted by Loki2u (214 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not much of a Deadpool fan....I find the humour quite juvenile and not really all that funny to be honest.....BUT I always enjoy seeing comic books coming to life on the big screen so I will definately go and watch it.

When was Ryan Reynolds Deadpool?

#43 Posted by cesarloyola (3 posts) - - Show Bio

what i wanna see??? Domino, the white box, the yellow box, Cable, hydra Bob, Wolverine, Daken, lady deadpool and Daniel Way helpin' to make the script

#44 Posted by notarandomguy (316 posts) - - Show Bio

Well that's good news.... kinda :/

DEADPOOL CONSTANTLY BABBLING LIKE HE DOES WHEN HE FIGHTS !!!! that's sorta what makes him cool...

or DP Vs Taskmaster

#45 Posted by Sifighter (94 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes I can't wait, as long as they do his charcter right and not copy him from X-men wolverine Origins

#46 Posted by Cancer the Conqueror (78 posts) - - Show Bio

Given the right people, with the right ideas and intentions, and a Deadpool movie could be a real success. If not done right, Deadpool's famous on-liners and endless dialogue could trip and fall into Schwarzenegger Mr. Freeze cheesiness. I wouldn't disqualify Reynolds since he was of the frowned-upon depiction. Didn't he have the idea to have the teaser trailer of the eventual movie to be narrated by Deadpool himself? Definitely sounds like what Deadpool would do.

#47 Posted by Saturnus (8 posts) - - Show Bio

Ryan would make a great Deadpool, and he has the right interests of the character at heart. He openly admits to hating the one from Origins, and says he wouldn't do a Deadpool movie unless it's rated R. On top of that he's cut as hell and has great wit. And if you question his acting chops watch the movie 'Buried' which some said deserved an award.

#48 Posted by Cavemold (1684 posts) - - Show Bio

good to hear lets see it fox.

#49 Posted by Bitchgurl (131 posts) - - Show Bio

"it's nice to know Ryan Reynolds is still definitely on-board"

RR was terrible as Deadpool, just like he was as Hannibal King. And Green Lantern.

Next.

#50 Posted by 3rdrocket (16 posts) - - Show Bio

@GR2Blackout said:

Ryan Reynolds still involved in this project? NO!!!

This

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.